• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhaosZero

Smash Cadet
Luckily Viridi has already been deconfirmed.
Was a popular around the time of the poll
Medusa alt for Palu is missing still
One of the original 3 main characters from KI
Her VA is suspiciously silent rn despite ppl asking her about things
Echoes were added and she would be one of the absolute easiest first party echoes to add
Shes a woman and one of the ONLY nintendo villains thats a girl, with the game adding more and more villains it helps her
Shes the last NES villain left
They still havent shown off Magnus and Phosphora, We saw Metroid and Mother Brain finally with Dark Samus trailer so maybe theyll do something here with the two assists being shown off during hers
Sakura Bias
She also fits 1 for 1 with Palutena
Her only honest first party competition for echoes are Isabelle and Dixie, both of whom require far more work than her to add.

She has a lot of weirdly suspicious things going for her rn. More than a lot of other characters do
Hm. I wasn't aware that Palutena lost her Medusa alt. I mean, so far we've seen the same situation with Dark Samus and Chrom, so that's actually suspicious.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Hm. I wasn't aware that Palutena lost her Medusa alt. I mean, so far we've seen the same situation with Dark Samus and Chrom, so that's actually suspicious.
To be fair she wasnt in the demo so there isnt any way to know until the game comes out but weve only seen her default and her blue skin

ArkhaosZero

Smash Cadet
To be fair she wasnt in the demo so there isnt any way to know until the game comes out but weve only seen her default and her blue skin
Oh, of course, of course, my mistake. Still, something to keep a close eye on. She'd be a great addition!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"
Remaining Newcomers
  • Geno (Imran & Vergeben)
"

So, who is this Imran and how has he hinted toward Geno?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'm a leaker guys Shadow is still an assist trophy and Knuckles is playable they were just trying to trick us so no one would see it coming

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm a leaker guys Shadow is still an assist trophy and Knuckles is playable they were just trying to trick us so no one would see it coming
That doesn't sound right, Knuckles wouldn't trick anyone. Unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle, he'd rather flex his muscles.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of 'leaks'

Awhile back Relaxalax brought up the idea of an "Assist Mode Assist" system due to Lyn appearing in Roy's trailer.

And now watching Roy's Smash4 trailer, the exact same thing happened there. I'm 100% positive it was just a reference.

MainJPW

M.T.A
That doesn't sound right, Knuckles wouldn't trick anyone. Unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle, he'd rather flex his muscles.
Actually, that's the trick.

That's precisely what the theme song wants you to believe but let's take a brief look at his on-screen history.

Knuckles is a confirmed fibber.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
It's non consensual trickery, they made him do it, trust me my dad works at Nintendo and he told me that his dad works at SEGA and he told him that his dad is Sakurai and he told him that they're torturing Knuckles

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The trick is that he doesn't actually believe Robotnick when he says that Sonic stole the Master Emerald or whatever. He's just using that as an excuse.

Even after he smacks Sonic's face in, all he has to say is "Oh, well Robotnick was so convincing. I thought it was really you this time"

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
The trick is that he doesn't actually believe Robotnick when he says that Sonic stole the Master Emerald or whatever. He's just using that as an excuse.
I could believe that is the case especially in Sonic Advance 2. Have you seen that boss fight? He's literally piloting an Eggman mech.

There's no logical reason for him to be that dumb when he's literally a cryptologist deciphering ancient languages in later games. He just wants to curbstomp Sonic.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I could believe that is the case especially in Sonic Advance 2. Have you seen that boss fight? He's literally piloting an Eggman mech.

There's no logical reason for him to be that dumb when he's literally a cytologist deciphering ancient languages in later games. He just wants to curbstomp Sonic.
Knuckles chuckles while he flexes his muscles on Sonic. It all makes sense now, he's been lying this whole time.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Speaking of 'leaks'

Awhile back Relaxalax brought up the idea of an "Assist Mode Assist" system due to Lyn appearing in Roy's trailer.

And now watching Roy's Smash4 trailer, the exact same thing happened there. I'm 100% positive it was just a reference.
Yeah, I wasn't aware of that when I first mentioned Relaxalax's suggestion (based on someone else's), but that seems to be more likely the case.

It did remind me, though, of an idea I had after seeing the August Direct--after seeing Alucard's assist trophy, it was interesting how involved his moves are. Would completely break the game if you could play as him, but I thought what if there were a separate mode where you could play as certain assist trophies (Lyn, Bomberman, Zero, Ashley, Alucard, Waluigi--not the moon, unfortunately) in a fun casual setting where balance doesn't matter to the same degree as in more traditional modes. While I'm not a dev and can't speak to how difficult that could be made into practice, it would seem like less resources than making an echo, and definitely less resources than making a playable character where they need to be balanced, and would be a nice compromise lessening the anxiety around assist trophies. Most certainly not happening, and even if it were I would have expected it in that Direct where they went over modes. But it's what I immediately thought of when seeing Alucard.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Exactly. Knuckles is kind of a **** actually.
So what you're telling me is that Sakurai isn't torturing Knuckles...but it's the other way around. It all makes sense now, it was his idea, not Sakurai's! His diabolical plan to make everyone think he was an assist trophy before making his grand entrance...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Sonic discussion? Nice, that’s something I haven’t seen yet.

Anyway, with almost past stage returning. I unfortunately don’t expect to see many new stages, it’s the way as the characters.

And I doubt one of the few new areas will be a Sonic one, especially since all Sakurai can think of for Sonic is nothing but some lazy variant of Green Hill.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what'd be a cool Sonic level for Smash

Destroyed Station Square with Chaos

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s unlikely since we already have Knuckles but I’d love to see Amy as an AT.

I’m also shocked Eggman hasn’t had a proper role in Smash outside of a trophy. No boss, stage harzard or anything.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tropical Resort, Planet Wisp or Starlight Carnival would be amazing Sonic stages and you can't deny it.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Oooo, I have a Sonic level that fans will appreciate...

Soleanna

Do I get lavished with praise by Sonic fans now?
...You know what? I’d dig it, better than anything we currently have.

I’d love a Forces stage, like Sunset Heights or Egg Gate or an Adventure like are like Emerald Coast, Speed Highway, Crazy Gadget or Radical Highway.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sonic discussion? Nice, that’s something I haven’t seen yet.

Anyway, with almost past stage returning. I unfortunately don’t expect to see many new stages, it’s the way as the characters.

And I doubt one of the few new areas will be a Sonic one, especially since all Sakurai can think of for Sonic is nothing but some lazy variant of Green Hill.
I would find that pretty disappointing though, for what is still supposed to be a new game, that they went that route--returning fan favorites, yes. But four new stages feels way too small, and I would expect if they were to do something similar with less characters, we would expect something more closer to 10 new stages, instead of the typical 30. It's a fear I've had since the last Direct, so I'm preparing myself for disappointment. And it's a shame echos wouldn't get stages, because a Shadow stage with space colony ARK in the background would be awesome.

EDIT: Also, you would expect a disclaimer like he did with characters to not expect too many new stages.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
For real though, I thought about it a few days ago and I wouldn't mind seeing Chrono in Smash. It'd be the one cool and logical way to get an Akira Toriyama character who isn't Goku into Smash and make everyone happy.
While I like Chrono Trigger more than any individual Dragon Quest game, I don't like it more than the entire Dragon Quest franchise. If we're going to get a Square owned Sword Goku, I'd prefer Erdrick over Chrono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom