• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of music, for whatever reason, they weren't able to get the rights to the Classic Sonic music so either had to make do with Sonic 4 music or make their own versions of them.

I guess there was something in the contract that said Nintendo couldn't do that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of music, for whatever reason, they weren't able to get the rights to the Classic Sonic music so either had to make do with Sonic 4 music or make their own versions of them.

I guess there was something in the contract that said Nintendo couldn't do that.
If that's the case it sucks. Was there also something that said they couldn't use a lot of stage tracks? Cause there's a lot of theme songs in Smash. Only 4 level themes and one of them is Escape From The City which is another vocal track. I want variety.

Put some Sonic Adventure level music in there, SA2, some Heroes, Unleashed, Colours, Generations, Mania. The Sonic library of music is a crap ton more than just some theme songs.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just want to leave this here and remind everyone how far we've come

I hope we see a scene similar to this in the final game, it's just so ominous and I'd like to see it used before a final challenge of whatever that spirits mode is.
I really hope that a DLC character has a callback to that (either the first or last).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm imagining getting Elma in the base game and Rex & Pyra as DLC and then people will be claiming Xenoblade bias.
I've been thinking about the possibility of Xenoblade bias accusations since the end of the December 2015 direct.

My pick for a Sonic Stage would be Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2.

Just keep the ding-dang-dong enemies in the background and make the stage out of level set pieces.

Those Asterons (the starfish robots) are annoying.

He could pass for some crocodile monster or some ****.

You haven't seen enough anime or read enough manga.

K. Rool's pretty much one of the few Smash characters that is unambiguously not "anime" by virtue of not being Japanese created which still makes that post accurate.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I'm gonna be real.... I wish that wasn't the case for Lego Dimensions because this sounds like baby's first Sonic song.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Imran from Game informer hinted at a Square character?
Maybe. Maybe not. He posted this on twitter some time ago:
Two Konami reps, two Capcom reps, one Square Enix rep, one Namco rep. Seems uneven, doesn’t it?

>Also two Sega reps I completely forgot about.
And I think there were other posts on Resetera, maybe. I think IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 would probably know more.

Honestly, to me it looks like some innocent speculation.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be real.... I wish that wasn't the case for Lego Dimensions because this sounds like baby's first Sonic song.
And then you have the Simpsons world, where there’s only a weird soundalike version of the Simpsons theme because they couldn’t get the real one, and the only characters that are allowed to speak are Dan Castellaneta’s characters, and even they can only speak through reused audio.

At least Sonic got proper voice acting.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For real though, I thought about it a few days ago and I wouldn't mind seeing Chrono in Smash. It'd be the one cool and logical way to get an Akira Toriyama character who isn't Goku into Smash and make everyone happy.
View attachment 159848
If/when Geno gets in, I think this is who we should push for next Smash or Ultimate DLC.
Chrono gets my undying support. Amazing game worthy of its legacy. It’s the whole package. And the music alone would be worth adding the series into Smash. Frog as an Assist. A time traveling stage. I could go on for days about why chrono and his series would be amazing for Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

MainJPW

M.T.A
>Tails is Sonic’s echo fighter while Shadow is still an Assist Trophy

This doesn’t make any sense at all, Tails plays way differently than Sonic in his home games
They play the same in Sonic 2, and excluding flight/swim and Insta Shield/Drop Dash, they play the same in the 2D games.

In Fighters which is where the bulk of Sonic's moveset is from Tails fights pretty similarly to Sonic. Lots of Spin attack/ball moves and they share some other moves like Scissor Punch and Windup Punch.

toenail said:
The moveset remains the same, except for the propeller up-B.
If none of the moves besides the up-B is changed that would mean Tails would have Sonic's up throw, which is impossible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They play the same in Sonic 2, and excluding flight/swim and Insta Shield/Drop Dash, they play the same in the 2D games.

In Fighters which is where the bulk of Sonic's moveset is from Tails fights pretty similarly to Sonic. Lots of Spin attack/ball moves and they share some other moves like Scissor Punch and Windup Punch.

If none of the moves besides the up-B is changed that would mean Tails would have Sonic's up throw, which is impossible.
I was going off the 3D games which is where Sakurai seems to be drawing most if not all of the inspiration from

btw the Tails levels were the best levels in Sonic Adventure DX don’t @ me

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76937865

*Notices new "leak"* OwO What's this?

I'm gonna just assume that this one hasn't been talked about yet.
Riku is a echo of Sora?

Why? The two don't use their keyblade in the same way at all, heck, they don't even use the same powers.

They are other points that make me doubt this leak (like, why Zelgius when peoples want BK?), but I'm just going to go to the point and call it fake.

Untouch

Smash Master
I like this trend of fake leaks making everything into an echo because of Simon/Richter even though they play fairly similarly in their own games so it fits.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the "unlock via amiibo" thing is legit, that's great.

That means I can immediately unlock Chrom without having to wait. :p

MainJPW

M.T.A
I was going off the 3D games which is where Sakurai seems to be drawing most if not all of the inspiration from
Sonic in Smash uses classic moves with his only Modern inspired moves being Homing Attack and Dair, most of Sonic's moves are lifted straight from Fighters so Tails would probably get the same treatment.

btw the Tails levels were the best levels in Sonic Adventure DX don’t @ me
Sonic Adventure you mean? What's this... DX you speak of?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting effort to be unique but alas...

One thing people don't seem to get is that echoes have to be requested, iconic, and/or popular from what we've seen thus far. Hilda and Dr. Luigi may be easy to make but can't say anyone really wanted them during the ballot.
To be fair, we don't know that 100%.

Popular choices will get first priority for sure but there's no harm in doing an easy lesser know echo if there's the dev time.
Historic example: Dr. Mario himself only got into Melee based on how incredible the remix of Fever turned out.

Lot of other Red flags on it but Hilda and Dr. Luigi don't disprove it by themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh, I could see Dr.Luigi happening just for ****s and giggles
Riku is a echo of Sora?

Why? The two don't use their keyblade in the same way at all, heck, they don't even use the same powers.

They are other points that make me doubt this leak (like, why Zelgius when peoples want BK?), but I'm just going to go to the point and call it fake.
For the last ****ing time Zelgius IS the Black Knight

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
If the "unlock via amiibo" thing is legit, that's great.

That means I can immediately unlock Chrom without having to wait. :p
Yeah, this is a feature I've been hoping to see for a while. I'll be able to unlock Dedede and Inklings right off the bat if it's true!

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Now, one question:

Why are you want Fossil Fighters in Smash? Better Agumon (from Digimon) than an underrated game.
Seriously, correct me if i'm wrong, Fossil Fighters were popular in Japan?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I find it funny that they think Doc Mario would have Doc Luigi as an echo instead of Luigi. It makes very little sense to me.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don’t know why everyone seems to ignore the fact that Tails has already been spotted in the back of Green Hill Zone which - barring some Alfonso takes Tails place hijinx - deconfirms him
Isn’t Knuckles still in the back of Green Hill Zone too though?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Well shoot. Now that topic's no longer available for viewing. Shoulda screenshotted that post.

Oh well. Didn't buy that leak anyway.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If its real, I hope that it isn't the only way to unlock new fighters.
It’s definitley not. Why are people worrying about this?

They’re not going to announce all these new characters, not to mention putting the effort into making them, only for each one to be locked behind a $13 paywall. It would literally cost hundreds of dollars to get the whole roster.

All this is is a faster way to unlock your favorite character out of the over 60 characters you have to unlock.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It’s definitley not. Why are people worrying about this?

They’re not going to announce all these new characters, not to mention putting the effort into making them, only for each one to be locked behind a $13 paywall. It would literally cost hundreds of dollars to get the whole roster.

All this is is a faster way to unlock your favorite character out of the over 60 characters you have to unlock.
You laugh but some people would eat it up.

Never going to happen, though. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone says they hate talking about echo-fighters, but I am fine with talking about them.

What I really hate talking about are leaks. Leak talk is so annoying.

Also I feel like the two most popular newcomers left are Geno and Bandana Dee.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I love all these ****ty leaks now include black knight because of the photo of the stage. Absolute laughably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom