• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
amiibo instantly unlocking fighters would be a nice bonus and semi-reliable way to have tournments up and running in the first couple of days. All that's needed is to have that one friend who collects compulsively.

That said, I'd prefer to unlock them through gameplay.

Ugly thought: If this was EA, then every character would take Melee Mewtwo lengths of time to unlock, if not worse.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbh, I could see Dr.Luigi happening just for ****s and giggles

For the last ****ing time Zelgius IS the Black Knight
No, he is Juju, obviously.:ultshulk:

Still, I have two questions:

-Are the peoples asking for BK would be really happy with Zelgius? Sure, they are the same person, but one of the reasons peoples want BK is because he wear a fullset of armor that make him look imposing, vilainous and make him look distinct compared to other FE characters, plus, when peoples think of "popular FE vilain" they think Zelgius as the Black Knight, or just the Black Knight. Also, since you can't even see his head, peoples not familiar with FE won't know he is actually another blue-haired swordman who so happen to be another echo of yet another FE character. Putting Zelgius and not his more popular alias feel like shooting yourself in the foot in the long run.

-Why the "leaker" needed to mention Zelgius if he was refering to BK as the echo? To be clear so that peoples don't get confused by other Black Knight characters? If that's that, I think everyone would have get that he was refering to FE Black Knight if he was mentionning Ike as the basis (since both Ike & Zelgiues/BK had the same master). So he is really saying that Zelgius, not helmet, red armor, would be Ike echo fighter?

I don't know, the more you look at it, the less sense it make.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Everyone says they hate talking about echo-fighters, but I am fine with talking about them.

What I really hate talking about are leaks. Leak talk is so annoying.

Also I feel like the two most popular newcomers left are Geno and Bandana Dee.
About Echo Fighters, why are you saying this?
And yeah, leaks are like fake news, like Donald Trump said.

Smash Bros Ultimate should feature something for the Adventure Mode: THE PHANTOM RUBY.

You know, Sonic Mania was a revival of the Classic Sonic.
It would be epic if Phantom Ruby appears in Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, he is Juju, obviously.:ultshulk:

Still, I have two questions:

-Are the peoples asking for BK would be really happy with Zelgius? Sure, they are the same person, but one of the reasons peoples want BK is because he wear a fullset of armor that make him look imposing, vilainous and make him look distinct compared to other FE characters, plus, when peoples think of "popular FE vilain" they think Zelgius as the Black Knight, or just the Black Knight. Also, since you can't even see his head, peoples not familiar with FE won't know he is actually another blue-haired swordman who so happen to be another echo of yet another FE character. Putting Zelgius and not his more popular alias feel like shooting yourself in the foot in the long run.

-Why the "leaker" needed to mention Zelgius if he was refering to BK as the echo? To be clear so that peoples don't get confused by other Black Knight characters? If that's that, I think everyone would have get that he was refering to FE Black Knight if he was mentionning Ike as the basis (since both Ike & Zelgiues/BK had the same master). So he is really saying that Zelgius, not helmet, red armor, would be Ike echo fighter?

I don't know, the more you look at it, the less sense it make.
I feel like it's just a way for leakers to appear knowledgeable about the character. The only time Zelgius has been presented as Zelgius himself outside of the Tellius game is in FEH where BK is still an unit and Zelgius just wears his black armor anyways.
Awakening only used BK, and Trophies and the Mii Costumes in Smash have always been "Black Knight" so I'm sure it would be that form they would use if he was in Smash(with a potential helmetless costume tho).
Besides, it's the closest we'll ever get to a playable Darth Vader so...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
While more FE characters would bug the **** out of me, I don't really care if they're just echoes, and FE SHOULD have a villain by now. So I'd be fine with BK as an Ike echo.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
About Echo Fighters, why are you saying this?
And yeah, leaks are like fake news, like Donald Trump said.

Smash Bros Ultimate should feature something for the Adventure Mode: THE PHANTOM RUBY.

You know, Sonic Mania was a revival of the Classic Sonic.
It would be epic if Phantom Ruby appears in Smash Bros.
As an item that summons illusions of fighters?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I don’t know why everyone seems to ignore the fact that Tails has already been spotted in the back of Green Hill Zone which - barring some Alfonso takes Tails place hijinx - deconfirms him
"When Tails is being played Shadow/Rouge/Big/Amy/Chaos/your own OC takes his place." Admittedly Sonic has a lot of characters that could probably fit there.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Polan

Smash Lord

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel like it's just a way for leakers to appear knowledgeable about the character. The only time Zelgius has been presented as Zelgius himself outside of the Tellius game is in FEH where BK is still an unit and Zelgius just wears his black armor anyways.
Awakening only used BK, and Trophies and the Mii Costumes in Smash have always been "Black Knight" so I'm sure it would be that form they would use if he was in Smash(with a potential helmetless costume tho).
Besides, it's the closest we'll ever get to a playable Darth Vader so...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, peoples are more familiar with the alias BK than Zelgius even though they are the same character. BK got a trophy both in Brawl and Smash 4, a Mii costume and to Smash fan or peoples who don't know much about FE, BK is more associate with the image of "that one cool FE vilain/Ike nemesis" than Zelgius, so if that "leaker" wanted to get his point straight and not cause any confusion, he would have just said "Black Knight" and no one would have said anything (especially since I don't think BK was ever refered as Zelgius in his trophies or his Mii Costume, so why mention his real name now?). But he didn't for whatever reason, probably like you said to act like he know what he is talking and look more "legit".

I'm a fan of BK, I want BK and BK only in Smash (beside if he got a helmess alt, that I be OK with), but even if I wasn't a fan of BK and I just happen to know some info about him, I would still call that "leak" fake for the points I made in my others posts.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I'm so tired of these leaks :cry: This time around it's crazy all these bored people we have creating these fake and annoying leaks. Problem is, when we get a real leak there's no way we're going to believe it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While more FE characters would bug the **** out of me, I don't really care if they're just echoes, and FE SHOULD have a villain by now. So I'd be fine with BK as an Ike echo.
I'd still be a little upset, mainly because there are dozens of other characters I'd like to see as an Echo before Black Knight.

Echoes might not steal time away from unique characters, but you'd better believe they can steal time from each other. I get that FE Echo characters are easy to make because most of the movesets aren't exclusive to one character, but c'mon. We already have Lucina and Chrom. Give an Echo to someone a little more unique, like Villager or Diddy. Heck, I'd even be open to Zeraora being a Lucario Echo if it could work. Nine Pokemon characters and only one clone.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
What if Shadow/Ken/Skull Kid/Geno/BWD/Isabelle/Isaac/Banjo all got deconfirmed in the next direct? What would be the next obvious characters in all of the "leaks"?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Tails being a sonic echo is a complete bs.

Do some research dummy
Tails is totally different from Sonic, despite being faster.
Tails is more a scientist and tactician than a figher and racer.

I'm so tired of these leaks :cry: This time around it's crazy all these bored people we have creating these fake and annoying leaks. Problem is, when we get a real leak there's no way we're going to believe it.
Everyone thinks these leaks are from people from Nintendo, but they are trolls and spread virus to steal valuable information from your computer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
zelda doesn't have a hilda palette and the black knight was a mii costume....
so yeah i'm not going to shoot down this leak until vergeben himself says something.
Or Sakurai. He might be a better authority.

D

Deleted member

I agree.
Leak talk is getting very stale and boring and I would like to move on.

Let's talk about what Smash Bros. Ultimate amibo you all want the most!
Tails being a sonic echo is a complete bs.

Do some research dummy
Indeed, it would be better for Tails to be a new character rather than an echo.
If he somehow is an echo, that is fine.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
"When Tails is being played Shadow/Rouge/Big/Amy/Chaos/your own OC takes his place." Admittedly Sonic has a lot of characters that could probably fit there.
I’d like to think the Alfonso and Toon Link are the exception not the rule.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mechanics wise, Tails could be a Echo but there's one important thing.

Speed.

Tails is meant to be slower than Sonic. The only character who can challenge Sonic's speed in canon are Shadow through rocket shoes, Metal Sonic through being a jet engine with limbs and Dr. Eggman, who can only do it in short bursts when his adrenaline gets going. I'm not sure slower running speed is on the cards for Echos. Maybe if it was only his dash speed...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So chrom is a Roy echo with some Ike moves (Aether)

Why couldn’t Dr Luigi be a Luigi echo with a dr Mario move (pill)?

Last edited:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I’d like to think the Alfonso and Toon Link are the exception not the rule.
Just had an idea that could mean Waluigi is playable. "Wait, playable? He's an assist trophy!" Nonsense! If you're playing as Waluigi, Alfonso will take his place as an assist!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd still be a little upset, mainly because there are dozens of other characters I'd like to see as an Echo before Black Knight.
I can see that. But...we also can't say yet that all those echoes aren't already coming. :p

Why couldn’t Dr Luigi be a Luigi echo with a dr Mario move (pill)
Why couldn't Dr. Mario be a Mario echo with a Dr. Mario move?!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just want to leave this here and remind everyone how far we've come

I hope we see a scene similar to this in the final game, it's just so ominous and I'd like to see it used before a final challenge of whatever that spirits mode is.
The Inklings had it easy compared to most of the characters who showed up in the cgi trailers...Mario/Mega Man/Luigi/ are dead, Samus got retraumatized after having peace in Smash for so long, Donkey and Diddy got glass in their eyes and couldn’t expand correctly, and DeDeDe got ***** slapped so damn hard he might as well be dead
Any Palutena fans who can testify to that?
Why do this

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can see that. But...we also can't say yet that all those echoes aren't already coming. :p

Because Doc was already vastly different due to his Melee days stats-wise, buddy.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Mechanics wise, Tails could be a Echo but there's one important thing.

Speed.

Tails is meant to be slower than Sonic. The only character who can challenge Sonic's speed in canon are Shadow through rocket shoes, Metal Sonic through being a jet engine with limbs and Dr. Eggman, who can only do it in short bursts when his adrenaline gets going. I'm not sure slower running speed is on the cards for Echos. Maybe if it was only his dash speed...
Despite being an assist trophy Knuckles runs at about the same speed as Sonic based on the footage we've seen. Sonic isn't much faster than Tails in the games they're playable in so it doesn't seem like that much of a problem to me. In fact, the whole reason Sonic let Tails tag along with him was that he could keep up with him.

When you take into account the classics, the Advance games, Rivals 2 there isn't much of a difference if at all.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We have Sonic as the 3x Smash Vet for all 3rd parties and Knuckles replacing Shadow as the Sonic AT character

Shadow will definitely be an echo, and Tails could join him as a semi clone...or we get Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo instead (though if Jeanne is an alt over an echo since they don’t really act differently, Tails gets in)
Despite being an assist trophy Knuckles runs at about the same speed as Sonic based on the footage we've seen. Sonic isn't much faster than Tails in the games they're playable in so it doesn't seem like that much of a problem to me. In fact, the whole reason Sonic let Tails tag along with him was that he could keep up with him.
What if Sonic has been going slower for Tails cause they both know he’s too fast?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
How the heck Sakurai doesn't considered Dr. Mario as an echo of Mario?
The same applies for Fox and Falco.

Any differences in moveset?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbh, at this point, I be actually happy to get the full roster leaked for real.

'cuz while I be sad that so and so character didn't make in, in the end, I'm more interested as to what Sakurai & his team could do with the characters they choosed. Like, yeah, if Skull Kid was leaked, I would have prefered to keep the surprise so that I would be more excited once he got revealed, but that still wouldn't tell me how he look, act, attack, etc... in-game. Which I feel to be much more important than anything else (Like, DS was seen as likely as a echo, but I was bit worried that they wouldn't catch her alien and phantom-like movement if they made her just a echo of Samus. But then she got revealed and now, while I still would have liked to see her as a unique fighter, her animations and appareance really does a good job selling what I was talking, so now, I'm happy for the most part).

Also, the leaker we have now are just boring and tiring like you said, it's like watching a show who is filled with boring filler that you only watch because of the cliffhanger at the end of some episodes that make you think that something interesting is going to happen soon, but actually nope, same boring **** as ever.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
How the heck Sakurai doesn't considered Dr. Mario as an echo of Mario?
The same applies for Fox and Falco.

Any differences in moveset?
Dr. Mario has no fludd, a different down air, and a lot of stat differences. As for Fox and Falco, that's like asking why Toon Link isn't Link's echo at this point. Falco has been so de-cloned.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I got a feeling that IF Shantae is in the game, then she will be shown in this Nindie for Switch Direct 28th of August.
It would have made sense. She not being shown as an Assist Trophy alongside Shovel Knight, and the hush-hush from Wayforward, who before the Ballot heavily pushed her on. I think it's legit possible that it's Shantae or nothing (as of Indies).

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Echoes might not steal time away from unique characters, but you'd better believe they can steal time from each other. I get that FE Echo characters are easy to make because most of the movesets aren't exclusive to one character, but c'mon. We already have Lucina and Chrom. Give an Echo to someone a little more unique, like Villager or Diddy. Heck, I'd even be open to Zeraora being a Lucario Echo if it could work. Nine Pokemon characters and only one clone.
Pichu is definitely a Pikachu clone.
Lucario was kind of considered a luigified Mewtwo (but that doesn’t really hold)
Jigglypuff is a clone of Kirby’s skeleton...

Yeah, there are less Pokémon echoes/clones than I’d expect
I agree.
Leak talk is getting very stale and boring and I would like to move on.

Let's talk about what Smash Bros. Ultimate amibo you all want the most!

Indeed, it would be better for Tails to be a new character rather than an echo.
If he somehow is an echo, that is fine.
I have a Daisy amiibo. So I guess just Ridley, K Rool, and Richter...

Though intelligent systems did cool stuff with their amiibo in Codename steam and fire emblem awakening to the point it’s still kind of a shame I don’t have a Lucina amiibo, so maybe I should grab Chrom... but they never added Roy’s amiibo functionality to anything, so maybe not.

Because the Dr Mario Move has to come from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom