• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie is revealed next month.

Isaac is revealed in October.

The hype is through the roof! How can Sakurai top this?! He's definitely going to go all out on the last character! Praise the ballot! Goku, here we come!

"This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!"

Salt would be Bayonetta x10. Meanwhile, everyone tries to be Sakurai's BFF after he puts in Kojima and Kamiya's characters in Smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultcloud: yeah man i know that feel :ultcloud:
Square and Sony's messy "breakup" with Nintendo is one of the most infamous periods of gaming history.

Cloud is kind of associated with Nintendo (outside of FF1-6 being Nintendo games) in pretty much the same way Sonic is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright so I never played a DmC but looking at this, I get Bayonetta vibes. That is a very good thing. Put him in Smash plz.
Never play DmC.
Only play DMC games.

Also Hideki Kamiya made both DmC and Bayonetta

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's keep an eye on the following

Smash Blog
Smash Twitter
Smash Facebook
Camelot Twitter/Facebook
Wayforward Twitter/Facebook
Ubisoft Twitter/Facebook.
Add Capcom to the list if this DMC rumor holds water.

Didn't think Roll would have this much competition but...

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Speaking of those videos, do you guys think we'll get them every day for Gamescon? Maybe they can focus on characters that weren't in the demo?

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I never played a DmC but looking at this, I get Bayonetta vibes. That is a very good thing. Put him in Smash plz.
Bayonetta was literally created by the same creator of Devil May Cry. It's a full on spiritual successor. Bayonetta only exists because of Dante.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Anything with dark colors or designs is called edgy these days. Edgy is such an overused word. Even if it's used appropriately it kinda bothers me when I see it now.
Seeing it used for something in the wrong context also ruins whatever it's mocking for me. I'm not allowed to like Dark Samus in the Metroid Prime games anymore, because "haha, dark evil character is edgy, haha".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Square and Sony's messy "breakup" with Nintendo is one of the most infamous periods of gaming history.

Cloud is kind of associated with Nintendo (outside of FF1-6 being Nintendo games) in pretty much the same way Sonic is.
So you're saying Sony is Nintendo's ex?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dante is cool, but the fact that he has literally no familiarity with Nintendo in himself or his series is pretty funny. I don't think he doesn't fit, because the heavy-combo style of his that mimics Bayonetta (or well vice versa is the reality) is pretty applicable. Don't judge a book by its cover.
I'm really only advocating for two other 3rd Parties, and they're biased as hell. At least they have Nintendo on their early belt.
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Fulgore from Killer Instinct would be awesome!

I am almost fully satisfied with third-party. :ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultsimon: I just need Banjo-Kazooie.

Some third-party characters filling in the void for Banjo-Kazooie (and Toad and Meowth) I would like to see are Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters, a Dragon Quest character (I like DQ8 Hero the best), Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Quote from Cave Story. There are many more third-party characters I’d like to see but the ones I just listed are the ones I like best.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Banjo-Kazooie is revealed next month.

Isaac is revealed in October.

The hype is through the roof! How can Sakurai top this?! He's definitely going to go all out on the last character! Praise the ballot! Goku, here we come!

"Party time!"

Salt would be Bayonetta x10. Meanwhile, everyone tries to be Sakurai's BFF after he puts in Kojima and Kamiya's characters in Smash.
pfft Dante is a way better add than Goku.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m hearing the Gamescom demo build will, in fact, be the E3 build YET AGAIN and those Chrom/DS/K. Rool vids are from a Nintendo YouTube Channel-only build.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Probably not yet cause it’s not open to the public yet but I would HATE if we got the E3 build for the millionth time

Last edited:

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
If those recent matches were from gamescon, the videos wouldn't look like that, I'm fairly sure.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m hearing the Gamescom demo build will, in fact, be the E3 build YET AGAIN and those Chrom/DS/K. Rool vids are from a Nintendo YouTube Channel-only build.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Probably not yet cause it’s not open to the public yet but I would HATE if we got the E3 build for the millionth time
Realistically it probably is the same demo.
Europe always gets things last. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, if Dante is in and he has access to his guns...

... you know what that means

Hah! Nice.

Real talk, if Shadow is in, I hope Shadow the Hedgehog gets some tunes.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

God I hope not. After that new footage of characters we haven't seen, I'd hate for it to go back to the same build.
Hah! Nice.

Real talk, if Shadow is in, I hope Shadow the Hedgehog gets some tunes.

Gimme Throw It All Away and I'll be a happy gal.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Source Gaming said something cryptic about it being the same build but different??? Either it's the E3 build or it's the same content but gameplay updated. Almost definitely no King, Simon, DS etc unfortunately.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though on the topic of Sonic music, it's a crime this beast of a villain theme isn't in Smash

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Source Gaming said something cryptic about it being the same build but different??? Either it's the E3 build or it's the same content but gameplay updated. Almost definitely no King, Simon, DS etc unfortunately.
So it's not entirely the same build from E3? So maybe it's gameplay changes, stages, and options, and possibly more vets?
Though on the topic of Sonic music, it's a crime this beast of a villain theme isn't in Smash

Ah I see you are a man of culture as well. You know what, how about we just bring in every Sonic vocal track. If we don't get any new remixes at least let me have that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, K. Rool having his own fanfare.
poor ****ing :ultganondorf: sakurai just gave him the sword and redesign but said "nah he can have the same theme who cares".

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I'm thinking just gameplay changes, otherwise they would have said otherwise. I posted the tweet a bit ago, but it honestly didn't say much.
Well, that's a little disappointing but it's better than it being exactly the same. Was particularly hoping to see stage morph and final smash meter as options.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm surprised K. Rool and Chrom/DS got footage but none of Simon and Richter.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to "edgy" and character design, part of it is designer intent and how it is presented. So original Dante does come off as what an anime nerd would think is badass. But (at least since DMC3), Dante is always presented as a very cheesy character, and the whole thing is acknowledged to be very over the top to sometimes near parody levels. In comparison, DmC Dante is presented very serious, like the designers really believe they have a cool, dare I say edgy product. And that leaves a bad impression on everyone else, because it just feels very middle school Hot Topic.

If Wolf was someone's fursona, you'd know it was made by a 13 year old who thought he was very badass and very edgy. But Wolf's design has been through enough blenders that instead its just a bit over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom