• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dante is....edgy?

I mean....Donte from the remake maybe.

But like Devil May Cry is literally the cheesiest piece of **** in gaming.

Like William Shatner looks at Devil May Cry and says ''I'm sorry I'm lactose intolerant."

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am ded. Currently posting from the Skeleton kingdom.
There is no heaven. No hell.
Only Skeleton kingdom.
neat
But no seriously, how did you come to conclusion that they have to use his most recent appearance when :ultsimon: just happened? To call him overly edgy, too, at least you learned a lesson I guess. Anyway, his DMC4 look is this.
Untitled.png

Always do your homework kids.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And that's what I do. It's just sad when the chef has started putting more and more veggies on the pizza lately when I clearly didn't ask for them :p
That’s funny. My boyfriend hates onions but I love them. Whenever he orders pizza and says “no onions” and they still put onions on the pizza so he has me picking the onions off his slices pizza and I put them on my slices.

Some people may hate “Fire Emblem overrepresentation” or “1st gen overrepresentation” but other people love them anyway.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Since DMC5 doesn’t use that likeness, no. In fact Capcom is now basically insisting DmC never happened lmao

Did you know they sold the Donte 3D model to some UK dentistry for videos?? I’m dead ****ing serious lololol
There was a problem fetching the tweet

**** you gum disease

Noipoi

Howdy!
neat
But no seriously, how did you come to conclusion that they have to use his most recent appearance when :ultsimon: just happened? To call him overly edgy, too, at least you learned a lesson I guess. Anyway, his DMC4 look is this.
View attachment 159038
Always do your homework kids.
Dude, I haven't played DMC. I saw Dante once as a kid and thought he was edgy, I guess that first impression stuck with me.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Anything with dark colors or designs is called edgy these days. Edgy is such an overused word. Even if it's used appropriately it kinda bothers me when I see it now.

Untouch

Smash Master
Dante would fit really well, I don't know why people think otherwise, I just don't think he has much at all to do with nintendo (cloud was supposed to represent FF, that's why he was chosen, FF doesn't have a singular protag and he's by far the most relevant).

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just don't understand how we're spending page after page talking about leaks that are obviously made up and philosophies for who "should be" in even though we have no influence over it and we're just so much less interested in the footage we just saw in the last day of a bunch of stuff that we hadn't seen before. Isn't "how the game will play" about one million times more interesting than "which pictures will be on the character select screen"? I'd think having footage of K.Rool in action, something we hadn't seen before at all, and having our first real look at what they've done with the Roy moveset especially in the form of the on the surface obviously superior Chrom would be the focal point of conversation for at least a day or two...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dante is cool, but the fact that he has literally no familiarity with Nintendo in himself or his series is pretty funny. I don't think he doesn't fit, because the heavy-combo style of his that mimics Bayonetta (or well vice versa is the reality) is pretty applicable. Don't judge a book by its cover.
I'm really only advocating for two other 3rd Parties, and they're biased as hell. At least they have Nintendo on their early belt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude, I haven't played DMC. I saw Dante once as a kid and thought he was edgy, I guess that first impression stuck with me.
You judged an entire character despite not knowing about it. its series' history, nor its series' theme? Just a childhood memory?
That's kinda dumb man, no offense. Always do your homework.

I still don't like the fact that Dante has zero connection to Nintendo at all.
:ultcloud: yeah man i know that feel :ultcloud:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
That’s funny. My boyfriend hates onions but I love them. Whenever he orders pizza and says “no onions” and they still put onions on the pizza so he has me picking the onions off his slices pizza and I put them on my slices.

Some people may hate “Fire Emblem overrepresentation” or “1st gen overrepresentation” but other people love them anyway.
I get that. Honestly, when I comes to third parties, I just “eat the onions.” No boycotts, nobody is upset, what’s here is here and I enjoy it. All I’m saying is, if you asked me to order the pizza, there’d be no onions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You judged an entire character despite not knowing about it. its series' history, nor its series' theme? Just a childhood memory?
That's kinda dumb man, no offense. Always do your homework.

:ultcloud: yeah man i know that feel :ultcloud:
Alright I made a mistake, chill. You don't gotta call me dumb.

Also, Final Fantasy had it's start with Nintendo so Cloud still fits.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I just don't understand how we're spending page after page talking about leaks that are obviously made up and philosophies for who "should be" in even though we have no influence over it and we're just so much less interested in the footage we just saw in the last day of a bunch of stuff that we hadn't seen before. Isn't "how the game will play" about one million times more interesting than "which pictures will be on the character select screen"? I'd think having footage of K.Rool in action, something we hadn't seen before at all, and having our first real look at what they've done with the Roy moveset especially in the form of the on the surface obviously superior Chrom would be the focal point of conversation for at least a day or two...
The footage was talked about though? It came out extremely early in the morning my time and we're many hours past that. If it was the first gameplay footage we saw of the game maybe we'd be talking about it more, but we already saw a ton at E3 and other events. Speculating about characters is generally more fun for people.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think while discussing philosophies over who should be in and leaks are fun, I do agree that I'd love to analyze this gameplay footage a bit more.

Or even just talk about stuff like holy **** this game looks so spectator friendly.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Hold up, I thought this Dante leak happened recently. So this anonymous user posted this weeks ago and a lot of it is being confirmed now? Something is very very suspicious here. Wouldn't a troll post something right before it happens??? Not wait weeks in advance and then leave the face of the internet. Most people would probably have thought this would be fake because it didn't get confirmed soon. RIGHT? RIGHT??????

This is very suspicious.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
My secondaries are Captain Sahin and Pause...

What’s a Sahin lmao
The closet thing to Sahin I got is a Nuri Şahin who's a Turkish professional footballer.

Guess that's why Capt. Falcon became a Race Car driver, he was so good at football, he developed the Falcon Kick, and nearly ended someone's life so he had to switch careers.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Hold up, I thought this Dante leak happened recently. So this anonymous user posted this weeks ago and a lot of it is being confirmed now? Something is very very suspicious here. Wouldn't a troll post something right before it happens??? Not wait weeks in advance and then leave the face of the internet. Most people would probably have thought this would be fake because it didn't get soon. RIGHT? RIGHT??????

This is very suspicious.
He says he's not a Smash guy. So, assume he isn't, what's the motivation to lie? And what sense would Dante in Smash even make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom