• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Weird. My super reliable source told me the same thing, except instead of Isabelle, Travis tries to assassinate Bubsy.

Looking forward to that trailer to be honest.
You're both wrong.
My totally 100% legit source told me Snake tries to assassinate Goku, but he's saved by Waluigi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The more big third parties, the better for me personally. :p
I understand what you mean, Smash is devolving a little more into "gaming celebration" rather than "Nintendo celebration", but at least keep it at a moderate amount to not make it just "Video Games the Fighting Game" IMO

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't think Resident Evil being outprioritized by Dante would be that out of place. Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter are comparatively smaller series to that franchise if you go by straight sales (and also arguably media prominence), yet two of those got characters and the latter is getting an AT, a boss, and potentially a stage while Resident Evil has gotten nothing. So if those three franchises can get more attention in Smash despite being less well known, then Devil May Cry doing the same is not out of the realm of possibility.

Been playing Monster Hunter recently, I wonder if, because of Rathalos being in Smash, we will get Monster Hunter music too, specifically the main theme of the game.
I hope so, the franchise has a huge selection of memorable songs to tap into such as the Elder Dragon themes, Lagiacrus', the Magalas, and the like, so I'd love to hear at least a few of those tracks make it into Smash.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ehh... Smash 4's DLC kinda burnt me out on third-parties. They're cool and all, but they never hit home with me the same way the Nintendo characters do.

I'd actually be fine if we didn't get any more third-parties aside from Echoes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wouldn’t mind Resident Evil or even Silent Hill representation, but I feel like y’all are sleeping on a much more feasible survival horror representation: Fatal Frame. Nintendo co owns it now, after all, and Mayu and Mio from Crimson Butterfly got a trophy in 4.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
No real evidence, some guy who's gotten things right before claims Dante's in. Personally I don't trust it, but that's just me.
Ah okay, it's one of those leaks. Should have figured as much. I will remain skeptical as always.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saying a wyvern is not a dragon is like saying T-Rex is not a dinosaur

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn’t mind Resident Evil or even Silent Hill representation, but I feel like y’all are sleeping on a much more feasible survival horror representation: Fatal Frame. Nintendo co owns it now, after all, and Mayu and Mio from Crimson Butterfly got a trophy in 4.
Bruh you think we're sleeping on horror reps?
You're sleeping on CAPCOM reps.

Gonna forget the literal mascot of the entire company smh

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only third parties I want at this point are the big boys like Geno, Banjo, Rayman, Crash, or Spyro.
Once you start getting into smaller stuff like Dante the roster feels less like "Gaming icons!" and more like "Is he from a video game? throw him in!"

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
The only 3rd parties that would get me excited at this point are Banjo and Geno and they’re both Nintendo associated anyway

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The only third parties I want at this point are the big boys like Geno, Banjo, Rayman, Crash, or Spyro.
Once you start getting into smaller stuff like Dante the roster feels less like "Gaming icons!" and more like "Is he from a video game? throw him in!"
> Gaming Icons

> Geno

I get where you're comin from but keep it consistent. Beyond the Smash Fanbase, Dante is certainly more iconic than Geno

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the people saying too many third parties. The ones we have are cool, and I'd be happy with like one or two more, but enough is enough.

?????????????

Smash Master
The only 3rd parties that would get me excited at this point are Banjo and Geno and they’re both Nintendo associated anyway
They wouldn't be the ONLY ones to excite me, but I think they'd be the most hype-inducing to the Smash community, and that's really fun.

For myself, I'm such a big fighting game dude that I'd LOVE Heihachi, Phoenix Wright is something I'm so personally attached to, and I have always wanted Tails alongside Sonic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know if Banjo's really a "big boy" anymore. Rash or a Killer Instinct character is more Rare's pushing point right now.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Why would they choose Bayonetta over Yakuza, Virtua Fighter, or another Sonic?
Because we know that poll was "rigged".
Yeah, but I recall many, MANY people expecting that Bayonetta was going to be in the base roster of Smash 4 and still being expected as DLC even after that..there was even a joke about her being in with a photoshopped Dark Pit..heck, I used to say she wouldn't happen frequently due to guns and mature style.
Eh, it's a stretch to call him a WTF character. I'm sure he got votes close to the amount Cloud got.
I doubt it, as much as I love Dante, Cloud is the face of RPGs and Square-Enix, Dante isn't anywhere near his level of popularity or exposure. Dante has to compete with other popular Capcom characters like Zero, Phoenix Wright, and Monster Hunter and also had to compete with Bayonetta, another stylish action character that had more relevance to Nintendo.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I feel that the last third party (at least for the base) is Banjo.

He’s a fan favorite and was essentially a Nintendo character who unfortunately got brought and is owned by someone else.

Then there’s Geno, he’s sort of a guest since he’s owned by Square but at the same time not really because he is partially made by Nintendo, count him in if you want.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
There's really not any third parties I care for tbh. The closest is Shantae but she's been on Nintendo consoles ever since her conception so she's kinda not one either.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Dante is more iconic than any of those characters

DMC is the legendary action game franchise

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I feel that the last third party (at least for the base) is Banjo.

He’s a fan favorite and was essentially a Nintendo character who unfortunately got brought and is owned by someone else.

Then there’s Geno, he’s sort of a guest but at the same time not really because he is partially made by Nintendo, count him in if you want.
Geno is 100% 3rd Party, he was designed and owned by Square.
I honestly expect Geno much more then Banjo. I am 50/50 on Banjo appearing but I give Geno a 70% chance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly putting my bank on Banjo or Steve from Minecraft. Not even gonna fake it, Steve and/or Minecraft content is hella more likely than one may imagine.

Good point. I know Castelvania just made it in smash but don't you think the level of creepiness in the survival horror genre is too high for smash? I was thinking about this while checking at the Leon Kennedy support thread. I mean... just imagine the reveal trailer... it would probably be bloody as hell.

I'm not against it just questionning the possibility.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I would love Shantae! I actually voted for her in the ballot! Too bad it's never happening...
I voted for her as well. I feel like now's her greatest chance since Shovel Knight is out of the picture but I still doubt her inclusion.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
They wouldn't be the ONLY ones to excite me, but I think they'd be the most hype-inducing to the Smash community, and that's really fun.

For myself, I'm such a big fighting game dude that I'd LOVE Heihachi, Phoenix Wright is something I'm so personally attached to, and I have always wanted Tails alongside Sonic.
Those would excite me but I’d be open to Heihachi, Crash, Spyro, and maybe Lloyd.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good point. I know Castelvania just made it in smash but don't you think the level of creepiness in the survival horror genre is too high for smash? I was thinking about this while checking at the Leon Kennedy support thread. I mean... just imagine the reveal trailer... it would probably be bloody as hell.

I'm not against it just questionning the possibility.
Fatal Frame isn’t as overtly bloody and its horror comes from exorcising evil spirits with a camera, so yeah

It’d probably be easier to include without raising the rating than RE or SH. Heck while it’s rather OOC I can buy the so called leaked Dante trailer concept if it’s to avoid rustling the ESRB’s jimmies

although my trailer concept in the Direct a Trailer thread is more true to Dante’s character without showing anything excessively violent also

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I don't know if Banjo's really a "big boy" anymore. Rash or a Killer Instinct character is more Rare's pushing point right now.
If banjo isn’t than Geno definitely isn’t. I think he meant those too for the Smash community as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom