• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm lost with Vergeben, the only thing I know is that he has been teasing a gen 7 pokemon, what else he added? besides Simon
He has also claimed that Isabelle (from Animal Crossing) is playable, and that there is another newcomer that he can't talk about because it would be too "controversial".

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Man/woman/robot of good tastes.
Haha, thanks, it would be great if she got in Smash (hopefully not as an echo, but I'll take what I can get), when starting out in Hoenn, I always catch a Ralts first. Also I'm a guy, just for future reference:)

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
He has also claimed that Isabelle (from Animal Crossing) is playable, and that there is another newcomer that he can't talk about because it would be too "controversial".
Too controversial? what is he talking about? Steve from Minecraft? Fortnite character? Sans? a Rabbid? freaking Goku?
That's all I can think that would be too controversial to preffer not talk about it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I thought that "controversial" thing was debunked a bunch of times in this thread cause he only mentioned not being able to mention the other character because he's basically waiting for all of the info from his sources to agree on it before saying anything.

Because that's basically what he said yeah? The controversial part perpetuated via hearsay

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
I'm still of the mind that, given how much it blew up in the hype phase in all territories, Borb is the word
Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are seriously sleeping on Rowlet.

Little fella is popular as **** in Japan (#1 gen 7 Pokémon overall).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Well, that was a lot more that I expected to see in here.

Vergeben's back? And he'd just giving flippant "not them"s? Seems odd, to say the least. Without Deci and Mimi, it's definitely a risk. I don't have a huge pull on which (if any) Pokémon gets in, but discounting the major ones seems weird.

Based on timelines, Sakurai probably had the concept art. Lycanroc's is exceptionally average, but most of the others seem pretty exciting to say the least. I liked Deci based on the look mostly, and Mimikyu's the first reveal and was pushed a lot at the beginning, but we'll see. If it's not Deci or Mimi, I guess Incineroar. Nice concept, but fire is a bot overused in Smash. Buzzwole would be awesome though.

But I actually skipped S/M, so half of these names that come out, I need to look up...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's a chance that we might not even get a Gen 7 Pokemon at all. We could get a Gen 8 Pokemon as a DLC, a Pokemon from an older gen, or no new Pokemon at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wish Verg would just confirm Elma and Bandana Waddle Dee already, and maybe confirm or deny if Chrom and Chorus Kids are in too, and I’ll have no more reason to check leaks until release cause I want the rest to be surprises

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The one thing that Verge predicted that I'm most skeptical with isn't even a character, and I feel like a lot of people are forgetting about it.

The Mincecraft stage.

I don't know when we'll get more info on stages, but that was a bold "out-there" prediction. I'm still listening to what he says about Smash specifically since he (technically) hasn't been wrong yet, but seeing whether or not he got that Minecraft thing right would be a huge hit to my trust in his credibility.

I thought that "controversial" thing was debunked a bunch of times in this thread cause he only mentioned not being able to mention the other character because he's basically waiting for all of the info from his sources to agree on it before saying anything.

Because that's basically what he said yeah? The controversial part perpetuated via hearsay
People pulled up a completely different post and assumed others had interpreting things incorrectly.

I saw the original comment, and the word "controversial" was used. If the Pokemon character is who he was talking about, I'd say he was right.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I believe he claimed ridley would have a presence outside of smash which he never did.
He was referring to his placement on the panoramic Smash banner.
Too controversial? what is he talking about? Steve from Minecraft? Fortnite character? Sans? a Rabbid? freaking Goku?
That's all I can think that would be too controversial to preffer not talk about it.
He didn’t actually say there was a controversial character, he said he couldn’t verify the source.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The one thing that Verge predicted that I'm most skeptical with isn't even a character, and I feel like a lot of people are forgetting about it.

The Mincecraft stage.

I don't know when we'll get more info on stages, but that was a bold "out-there" prediction. I'm still listening to what he says about Smash specifically since he (technically) hasn't been wrong yet, but seeing whether or not he got that Minecraft thing right would be a huge hit to my trust in his credibility.

People pulled up a completely different post and assumed others had interpreting things incorrectly.

I saw the original comment, and the word "controversial" was used. If the Pokemon character is who he was talking about, I'd say he was right.
Didn’t he say just “Minecraft representation” in general though, not specifying what exactly? Could even be an assist trophy, but I doubt we’re getting a playable Steve.

I wouldn’t mind a stage, if it means getting some awesome tunes with it

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's a chance that we might not even get a Gen 7 Pokemon at all. We could get a Gen 8 Pokemon as a DLC, a Pokemon from an older gen, or no new Pokemon at all.
That's always a possibility. A potential 7th generation fighter would probably have the follow the same procedure as how Greninja got into Smash 3DS / Wii U. And even then, that might not be enough if Sakurai has no interests in any of the concept art that he received.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Cosmic77 Cosmic77

I know it’s gonna be unlikely in regards to the Minecraft part of the rumor but imagine if the Minecraft content in Smash Ultimate is that literally every character had a Minecraft model as an alt costume! XD

Brb, gonna bang my head on the wall for just thinking that...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, if Delzethin's post in the Lycanroc thread is anything to go by, the Gen VII newcomer IS the not-as-verified character. Apparently there were a few folks in the know as far as Vergeben's info and told Del the same thing Verg said in his post-Decidueye post. Apparently leakers have been hesitant to say due to the source not being as strong as Ridley/Snake/Ice Climbers/Simon/Isabelle.

So Incineroar/whoever else would be the "mysterious third character."

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wish Verg would just confirm Elma and Bandana Waddle Dee already, and maybe confirm or deny if Chrom and Chorus Kids are in too, and I’ll have no more reason to check leaks until release cause I want the rest to be surprises
Getting any info on Elma would be great, though I personally would prefer Rhythm Girl instead of Chorus Kids but that's just me.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I updated my little guide thing...

Red = Disconfirmed (I know Lycanroc, Decidueye, and Mimikyu aren't official)
Orange = Very unlikely
Yellow = Better odds
Uncolored = Our most likely options imo. (I updated to include more)

What's the thoughts this time?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
With Vergeben, he does seem to be walking the tightrope at the moment considering what he has stated not just about the Smash leaks but other leaks too such as a League of Legends fighting game etc.

As for my thoughts, although he had gotten a number of things correct such as the Injustice 2 DLC and the acknowledgement of Groh's playstyle for SoulCalibur VI, he had got a number of questionable things at the same time. I can't exactly say for certain whether what he further claimed is legit or not for Smash Ultimate, but I think we will have the answers within the next four months for sure.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pink Gold Peach and Ultra Instinct Shaggy confirmed

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Guys.

He never said that he knew about a "controversial character". He said he possibly knew of a third character but he wasn't sure on the source and he said the source might be "controversial".

The myth that Verg said we'd be getting a controversial character needs to die now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Source, please.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I would like to see what that's from because I just plain haven't seen it.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I updated my little guide thing...

Red = Disconfirmed (I know Lycanroc, Decidueye, and Mimikyu aren't official)
Orange = Very unlikely
Yellow = Better odds
Uncolored = Our most likely options imo. (I updated to include more)

What's the thoughts this time?
Disagree with some of it. Trying to not be biased, but I really feel like Pokemon like Buzzwole, Pheremosa, and Necrozma probably have higher odds than Toucannon...

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm upset with this because I was on the Decidueye train, got onto the No Gen 7 Needed train after PKMN Trainer came back, hopped on the Lycanroc Dusk train literally yesterday and now that appears to have derailed.

And it's implied that the No Gen 7 Needed train is also going to crash and burn.

I'm left with (in descending order of interest) Golisopod, Silvally, Buzzswole, Magearna, Poipole, Marshadow, more starters, more UBs, more electric types, and oh.

Steenee. That's the spice. *sobbing internally*

Some interesting picks left I guess. Just bummed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nihelego will be the pokeball version of Metroid and Buzzwole will be playable
I know this because I'm probably Sakurai

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm upset with this because I was on the Decidueye train, got onto the No Gen 7 Needed train after PKMN Trainer came back, hopped on the Lycanroc Dusk train literally yesterday and now that appears to have derailed.

And it's implied that the No Gen 7 Needed train is also going to crash and burn.

I'm left with (in descending order of interest) Golisopod, Silvally, Buzzswole, Magearna, Poipole, Marshadow, more starters, more UBs, more electric types, and oh.

Steenee. That's the spice. *sobbing internally*

Some interesting picks left I guess. Just bummed.
I mean, none of this has been proven true yet. I don't want to give false hope or anything but rumors are rumors, and even if you believe Vergeben, not every claim he has made has equal weight.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are seriously sleeping on Rowlet.

Little fella is popular as **** in Japan (#1 gen 7 Pokémon overall).
Do they have Rowlett pillows? Cause I want one now.

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
I'm cool with just about any gen 7 mon, aside from incineroar and salazzle
We have enough fire-users in smash
I'd love Golisopod, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, or any of the UBs

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I don't know what Vergeben has to gain by teasing. He's not Nintendo who does he have to gain by building suspense?

Why doesn't he say who it is, get hated on and then when they revealed he makes a post which is nothing but a picture of Nelson Muntz.
It's because he wants all the attention on himself.

Notice how he only begins to speak when some 'leaks' start being talked about. How he has a tendency to hold back info, use vague descriptions, and to try to falsify other leaks. Like how 'any leak without Isabelle and Simon is a lie!' and 'I know who the next Pokemon is, but it isn't ___!' It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

If he knew, why not say it, since he's already said Simon and Isabelle? If he knew of Snake and no Wii U cuts, why not mention that everyone's back? If he knew of the E3 build, he would've known of Snake and Ridley, but how could he have known that there were no cuts? I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

Now it sounds like he may be jumping to conclusions based off things he's been told to bring back the spotlight, or he's making things up to spark debate.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I don't think we are getting necrozma... he is only important in USUM which is kinda late. that being said... scrap Zerarawhatever , poppilo and litten and i'm ok with all the "probable" gen VII pokemons, even if i wished to see lycanrock or mimikyu.

Ib4 we get Tsareene prevolution that i cant even remember the name.

Although there is a strong chance we don't get anyone.

Regarding Verg, i think that the "controversial character" and "Not Deci, Mimi or Lican" is the same character, instead of him teasing 2 different characters... don't think not deci is controversial? just look at this thread latests pages XD

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I remember Verge saying something about 6 newcomers after the E3 presentation. Does anyone remember if it was 6 newcomers total (incl. Inkling, Ridley and Daisy), or 6 more newcomers (not incl. Inkling, Ridley and Daisy)?

Because if it's the first one, we know the roster: the three E3 reveals, Simon, Isabelle and Gen 7 Pokemon.

If it's 6 more newcomers, we have 3 slots left.
I believe he said there was "at least half a dozen" newcomers left, and we don't even know if this includes echoes.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Guys.

He never said that he knew about a "controversial character". He said he possibly knew of a third character but he wasn't sure on the source and he said the source might be "controversial".

The myth that Verg said we'd be getting a controversial character needs to die now.
I'm willing to bet it's either Travis Touchdown, Doomguy, A Mortal Kombat Character (My money's on Sub-Zero) , or some other Rated M characr who's game is controversial for all it's shocking content (Blood, swearing, sexual content, ect.)!

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
Given Vergeben's Leak I honestly think Incineroar is the most likely Pokemon newcomer. He's a wrestler, and smash hasn't had a wrester yet so I'd say that's the most likely Pokemon newcomer imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I believe he said there was "at least half a dozen" newcomers left, and we don't even know if this includes echoes.
Also, at least, meaning there may be more, either that he doesn’t know about, and/or to be DLC after the game is released (though that’s obvious I’d think).

If he said at most, then that would be a bit of cause for concern, and even then I wouldn’t be too worried cause there probably still would be DLC coming months after the game originally released.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
It's because he wants all the attention on himself.

Notice how he only begins to speak when some 'leaks' start being talked about. How he has a tendency to hold back info, use vague descriptions, and to try to falsify other leaks. Like how 'any leak without Isabelle and Simon is a lie!' and 'I know who the next Pokemon is, but it isn't ___!' It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

If he knew, why not say it, since he's already said Simon and Isabelle? If he knew of Snake and no Wii U cuts, why not mention that everyone's back? If he knew of the E3 build, he would've known of Snake and Ridley, but how could he have known that there were no cuts? I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

Now it sounds like he may be jumping to conclusions based off things he's been told to bring back the spotlight, or he's making things up to spark debate.
Thank you! This, and the fact it's just text with little supporting evidence is why I'm not putting any stock in Vergeben until we know for sure whether or not he really is informed.

that and I don't wanna count Mimikyu out

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

The myth that Verg said we'd be getting a controversial character needs to die now.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet it's either Travis Touchdown, Doomguy, A Mortal Kombat Character (My money's on Sub-Zero) , or some other Rated M characr who's game is controversial for all it's shocking content (Blood, swearing, sexual content, ect.)!

Also! I do hope one of those newcomers are a new Donkey Kong character! As it would a crime to not include King K. Rool after there were so many request for him during the Smash Bros For Wii-U ballot days!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yes, he said that he knew that "half a dozen" characters were in the game besides Inkling, Ridley and Daisy. But
1) He never stated how many of these would be echoes.
2) He also never said that these would be the only character, there might be even more.

So, with everything that came out in the past weeks the list would be
1)Simon Belmont
2)Isabelle
3)Gen VII Pokémon
4)???
5)???
6)???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom