• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's because he wants all the attention on himself.

Notice how he only begins to speak when some 'leaks' start being talked about. How he has a tendency to hold back info, use vague descriptions, and to try to falsify other leaks. Like how 'any leak without Isabelle and Simon is a lie!' and 'I know who the next Pokemon is, but it isn't ___!' It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

If he knew, why not say it, since he's already said Simon and Isabelle? If he knew of Snake and no Wii U cuts, why not mention that everyone's back? If he knew of the E3 build, he would've known of Snake and Ridley, but how could he have known that there were no cuts? I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

Now it sounds like he may be jumping to conclusions based off things he's been told to bring back the spotlight, or he's making things up to spark debate.
While it doesn't make the rest of the leak necesarily true, im betting that verge more trusted source had access to the e3 demo, and at least that info was 100% legit. thats why he could say with absolute confidence Ridley, Snake and Icies, but have 0 idea regarding stuff like young link, pichu or wolf.

If he was just guessing safe choices, Wolf was a pretty damn safe choice to guess.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There's a chance that we might not even get a Gen 7 Pokemon at all. We could get a Gen 8 Pokemon as a DLC, a Pokemon from an older gen, or no new Pokemon at all.
How would that even work? The only thing I can see is them advertising Gen 8 before next year, but that wouldn't work well if the designs end up looking different by the time the Gen 8 games are released

I do think we're getting a Pokemon, but chances are DLC because Nintendo wants our money

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yes, he said that he knew that "half a dozen" characters were in the game besides Inkling, Ridley and Daisy. But
1) He never stated how many of these would be echoes.
2) He also never said that these would be the only character, there might be even more.

So, with everything that came out in the past weeks the list would be
1)Simon Belmont
2)Isabelle
3)Gen VII Pokémon
4)???
5)???
6)???
I’ll give my guesses too cuz why not

1. Simon
2. Isabelle
3. Bandana Waddle Dee (cause of that amiibo datamine that also hinted at a Smash amiibo for Daisy)
4. Elma (“...the Xenoblade characters”, Hiroyuki Sawano doing a recording for a “secret” project in March)
5. Gen 7 Pokémon that probably isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (my bet’s on a UB, probably Buzzwole)
6. New DK rep (probably Dixie)

Honorable mentions are Chrom and Chorus Kids, but there’s always the chance Chrom might be in Robin’s FS again, and Chorus Kids could still have implementation problems for 8 player Smash depending on how they’re handled

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Verge is acting like a spoiled, attention-starved brat at this point. It’s obvious he’s just farting out “hints” to toy with us. Why are we even listening to him anymore?

The “too controversial” character that hesupposedly knows but won’t give out is one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever heard from a leaker, and it pretty much kills any credibility he might’ve had, in my mind.
He could have thrown out any left field name he wanted, and people would have lapped that **** up. By refusing to say anything (so he can take credit for whatever left field pick we end up getting) it just proves to me he’s full of hot air.

but secretly I hope at least one of his sources is legit because Isabelle is my second most wanted character

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yes, he said that he knew that "half a dozen" characters were in the game besides Inkling, Ridley and Daisy. But
1) He never stated how many of these would be echoes.
2) He also never said that these would be the only character, there might be even more.

So, with everything that came out in the past weeks the list would be
1)Simon Belmont
2)Isabelle
3)Gen VII Pokémon
4)???
5)???
6)???
1. Simon Belmont
2. Isabelle
3. Gen VII Pokemon
4. A new Xenoblade which is most likley to be Elma.
5. ?????
6. ?????

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you guys. But I am predicting that Shadow the Hedgehog is getting in as an Unique/Semi-clone fighter. and i am so confident in this that i made a bet to myself

i Said that if Shadow the Hedgehog is not in the game as an Unique/Semi-Clone fighter, I will drink 7 Cups of Mustard water...Trust me its really bad

adding on to the bet is my Soul. I was going to drink Urine, but after some deliberation with a Smash Discord, it was considered to Toxic and instead is replaced with Mustard Water

Mustard Water is one of, if not the worst things i've ever tasted, and i will personally Drink 7 cups of it for every Chaos emerald. Im so Serious about this, because im very Confident on shadow getting in as his own Character and i need some type of risk to really prove it. Also i will make a Video of it to prove i drunk the mustard water

what do i get in return: I get a unique/Semi-Clone Shadow the Hedgehog that is not Shafted with TWO Spindashes and a Spring

Im so serious about shadow getting in
OOF, I'll hold you to that...

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys. But I am predicting that Shadow the Hedgehog is getting in as an Unique/Semi-clone fighter. and i am so confident in this that i made a bet to myself

i Said that if Shadow the Hedgehog is not in the game as an Unique/Semi-Clone fighter, I will drink 7 Cups of Mustard water...Trust me its really bad

adding on to the bet is my Soul. I was going to drink Urine, but after some deliberation with a Smash Discord, it was considered to Toxic and instead is replaced with Mustard Water

Mustard Water is one of, if not the worst things i've ever tasted, and i will personally Drink 7 cups of it for every Chaos emerald. Im so Serious about this, because im very Confident on shadow getting in as his own Character and i need some type of risk to really prove it. Also i will make a Video of it to prove i drunk the mustard water

what do i get in return: I get a unique/Semi-Clone Shadow the Hedgehog that is not Shafted with TWO Spindashes and a Spring

Im so serious about shadow getting in
hope you enjoy liquid condiments because you're gonna lose that bet lmao

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Verge is acting like a spoiled, attention-starved brat at this point. It’s obvious he’s just farting out “hints” to toy with us. Why are we even listening to him anymore?

The “too controversial” character that hesupposedly knows but won’t give out is one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever heard from a leaker, and it pretty much kills any credibility he might’ve had, in my mind.
He could have thrown out any left field name he wanted, and people would have lapped that **** up. By refusing to say anything (so he can take credit for whatever left field pick we end up getting) it just proves to me he’s full of hot air.

but secretly I hope at least one of his sources is legit because Isabelle is my second most wanted character
Exactly how I feel. He's clearly messing with everyone and is just enjoying it.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I like how people are trashing Vergeben again for being an "attention *****" when literally every single major leaker is one. Laura Kate Dale expected to be thanked after she ruined the surprises of Mario + Rabbits or Dark Souls Switch, and Liam Robertson teased everybody with that Mario with sunglasses icon. Being a leaker is mostly due to the fact you want to make a name for yourself and potentially get more insiderd to talk to. Just wanted to point this out.

1. Simon Belmont
2. Isabelle
3. Gen VII Pokemon
5. ?????
6. ?????
I’ll give my guesses too cuz why not

1. Simon
2. Isabelle
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
4. Elma
5. Gen 7 Pokémon that probably isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (my bet’s on a UB, probably Buzzwole)
6. New DK rep (probably Dixie)

Honorable mentions are Chrom and Chorus Kids, but there’s always the chance Chrom might be in Robin’s FS again, and Chorus Kids could still have implementation problems for 8 player Smash depending on how they’re handled
Personally I would perfectly be fine with these lists. My Top 3 Most Wanted were Snake (Confirmed), Simon Belmont and Elma, so every other character would be a plus for me. Of course there are other characters that I would like to see, mostly King K. Rool, Ashley, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad and Chrom for his fans, but I would be 100% satisfied with those 3.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Iniceneroar is likely but it will be a reverse Greninja scenario. It is worth nothing that when the Gen 7 starters where leaked, Incineroar had art where he was sleeping and surrounded by Ash & co., which shows they where planning to push him in the anime. However I recall that Incineroar is one of the most disliked starters overall to (only outclassed by Emboar and maybe Delphox I guess), so yeah if he gets in, he will create some backslash I guess

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I like Incineroar as a Pokémon but I wouldn't be that enthusiastic to see him. No offense to his supporters but I just think that Lycanroc would bring more unique ideas to Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I like how people are trashing Vergeben again for being an "attention *****" when literally every single major leaker is one. Laura Kate Dale expected to be thanked after she ruined the surprises of Mario + Rabbits or Dark Souls Switch, and Liam Robertson teased everybody with that Mario with sunglasses icon. Being a leaker is mostly due to the fact you want to make a name for yourself and potentially get more insiderd to talk to. Just wanted to point this out.

Personally I would perfectly be fine with these lists. My Top 3 Most Wanted were Snake (Confirmed), Simon Belmont and Elma, so every other character would be a plus for me. Of course there are other characters that I would like to see, mostly King K. Rool, Ashley, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad and Chrom for his fans, but I would be 100% satisfied with those 3.
It’s a bit late but I added info to that post for Bandana Dee, about that amiibo datamine that hinted toward Smash amiibo for Dee and Daisy (the latter being in Smash now), and for Elma, I added the reasoning of Trinen’s slip up of “Xenoblade characters” plural, as well as Xenoblade X composer Hiroyuki Sawano recording for a “secret” project in March.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Is anyone else not very upset by these potential Pokemon deconfirmations? Neither of those 3 were very standout characters to me in the first place. Decidueye is one I was never sold on from the beginning, Lyanroc doesn't really seem interesting aside from having forms - a concept Pokemon before it already showcased with better execution, in my opinion (see: Castform, Deoxys, Rotom, and Meloetta) and Mimikyu is a kind of a clever concept, but not an incredibly outstanding. Getting a Gen 7 Pokemon in general doesn't seem like something worth making a big fuss over to me. It's another Lucario and Greninja situation where a Pokemon is added because it's recent and not because it represents a significant aspect of the franchise itself.

D

Deleted member

It’s a bit late but I added info to that post for Bandana Dee, about that amiibo datamine that hinted toward Smash amiibo for Dee and Daisy (the latter being in Smash now)
This has been bothering me for a while now, has this been confirmed by anyone outside of the guy that originally posted it? Wasn't he hugely biased toward Daisy or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This has been bothering me for a while now, has this been confirmed by anyone outside of the guy that originally posted this? Wasn't he hugely biased toward Daisy or something?
Yeah...among...other unsavory things

[cough] but uhhh he hasn’t said anything else, surprisingly

Wasn’t the game he found the datamined info from the 3DS version of Yoshi Wooly World or something...?

Last edited:

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
It’s a bit late but I added info to that post for Bandana Dee, about that amiibo datamine that hinted toward Smash amiibo for Dee and Daisy (the latter being in Smash now), and for Elma, I added the reasoning of Trinen’s slip up of “Xenoblade characters” plural, as well as Xenoblade X composer Hiroyuki Sawano recording for a “secret” project in March.
...If I recall correctly that 'leak' was debunked by this very board, and as much as I see Dee being likely there's no reason to believe it.

-It was spread by Memoryman3, who clearly had ulterior motives to push Dee fans into defending Daisy, and in turn his leak.

-Daisy, Boo, and Waluigi all share similar data, so are they confirmed as well?

-Experienced Dataminers haven't found similar results, so I seriously doubt Memoryman3 even datamined at all.

-It's a text leak, it has about as much credibility of a 4chan post.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Maxwell is, alongside Frogger, one of my favorite "never gonna happen" third party picks. Super Scribblenauts was my jam.

Also do you take requests?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...If I recall correctly that 'leak' was debunked by this very board, and as much as I see Dee being likely there's no reason to believe it.

-It was spread by Memoryman3, who clearly had ulterior motives to push Dee fans into defending Daisy, and in turn his leak.

-Daisy, Boo, and Waluigi all share similar data, so are they confirmed as well?

-Experienced Dataminers haven't found similar results, so I seriously doubt Memoryman3 even datamined at all.
If I remember from papagenos’s video on the matter, Daisy’s amiibo listings included one with a numerical prefix used for Smash amiibo only, and BD did too. It’s Waluigi and Boo that didn’t have those amiibo with that particular numerical prefix.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
There was a leak that was discounted for including Necrozma and not Decidueye, Mimyku,Lycanroc, etc... but I can't find it

That may be worth a look one more time for the sake of discussion, but I never recorded it.

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
If I remember from papagenos’s video on the matter, Daisy’s amiibo listings included one with a numerical prefix used for Smash amiibo only, and BD did too. It’s Waluigi and Boo that didn’t have those amiibo with that particular numerical prefix.
Ah, In terms of the prefix and the credibility of the leak here's what I found that marked it up as mostly coincidence much earlier in the thread from what Google found.

D

Deleted member

The problem is that we're just taking someone's word for it apparently, and sense this is analyzing data of something that is available, someone should be able to corroborate it, and so far, no one has.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The problem is that we're just taking someone's word for it apparently, and sense this is analyzing data of something that is available, someone should be able to corroborate it, and so far, no one has.
Fair enough. I’m still hopeful that Bandana Dee will make it in, regardless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I remember the guy argued some Odyssey footage wasn't in HD because he counted the pixels on the screen, so yeah I doubt he had any skill to find what people who know what they're doing couldn't. All he can do is DM girls for feet pics and send viruses out of petty hate. As much as I'd love Bandana Dee, I can't ignore basic reality

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
1. Simon Belmont
2. Isabelle
3. Gen VII Pokemon
5. ?????
6. ?????
I'm just gonna assume this is gonna go the Gematsu route and Verg is gonna get some things wrong, maybe he missed some characters (Gematsu never knew about Duck Hunt), or a character he said never made it in (Chorus Kids n Chrom). So i'm PARTIALLY believing in Veggieburger.
1. Simon
2. Isabelle
3. Incineroar/Nihilego/Tapu Koko
4. King K Rool/Dixie
5. Elma/Rex & Pyra
6. Bandana Dee/Marx
7. Heihachi/Lloyd/Klonoa
8. Geno/Sora/DQ
9. Modern IP Character (Rhythm Heaven/Ever Oasis/ARMS)
10. Retro Character

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Do any of the 4chan leaks that piggyback of Verge contain a 7th gen that’s not Mimikyu,Lycanroc, or Decidueye? I’d imagine this killed a lot of piggybackers because new leaks are popping up that claim Simon are still saying stuff like Mimikyu is in.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I'm just gonna assume this is gonna go the Gematsu route and Verg is gonna get some things wrong, maybe he missed some characters (Gematsu never knew about Duck Hunt), or a character he said never made it in (Chorus Kids n Chrom). So i'm PARTIALLY believing in Veggieburger.
1. Simon
2. Isabelle
3. Incineroar/Nihilego/Tapu Koko
4. King K Rool/Dixie
5. Elma/Rex & Pyra
6. Bandana Dee/Marx
7. Heihachi/Lloyd/Klonoa
8. Geno/Sora/DQ
9. Modern IP Character (Rhythm Heaven/Ever Oasis/ARMS)
10. Retro Character
Who's DQ (I mainly thinking of something like Dariy Queen as opposed to a Smash Bros character if so)!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do any of the 4chan leaks that piggyback of Verge contain a 7th gen that’s not Mimikyu,Lycanroc, or Decidueye? I’d imagine this killed a lot of piggybackers because new leaks are popping up that claim Simon are still saying stuff like Mimikyu is in.
Closest I saw is one that had Simon, some DK rep, I think it had Isabelle too, it also had Elma, Chorus Kids and for the Gen 7 Pokémon, Buzzwole. I also remember something about story mode and it divides things by “priority” and said for some reason Daisy was top priority.

Few nitpicks aside, that leak felt like a dream come true, and that’s probably why it won’t happen :c

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Just gonna go on a limb here and say we're getting a newcomer reveal sometime after we get blog posts on all the veterans.

Anyone know who we have left?

Enchess

Smash Lord
Just gonna go on a limb here and say we're getting a newcomer reveal sometime after we get blog posts on all the veterans.

I'm just gonna put my fingers in my ears and pretend this is impossible and we don't have to wait that long...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I miss New Smash Ultimate gameplay already

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
There is one that had Necrozma but I can't find it anymore, it was discounted nearly immediately

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I don't know about y'all but I have a hutch that we wouldn't get third party echo fighters in general because if you went out of your way to get permissions for certain characters to become playable characters then you would more likely to make them as an unique character than an echo fighter?

I might be wrong on that but that's just my feeling with third party characters being the prestige of the video gaming. (Bar Bayonetta since she's becoming a honorary Nintendo character)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Closest I saw is one that had Simon, some DK rep, I think it had Isabelle too, it also had Elma, Chorus Kids and for the Gen 7 Pokémon, Buzzwole. I also remember something about story mode and it divides things by “priority” and said for some reason Daisy was top priority.

Few nitpicks aside, that leak felt like a dream come true, and that’s probably why it won’t happen :c
Wasn’t that the one that said Buzzwole was a grappler? I was thinking about that one too but I didn’t remember if it had Isabelle or not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Lemme check real quick

We’ve had the following revealed (in no particular order): :ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultwario::ultjigglypuff::ultrob::ultpichu::ultmiifighters::ultpit::ultmegaman::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ultyounglink::ultfalco::ultdk::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultcorrin::ulticeclimbers::ultmario::ultlink:

And for the newcomers already seen: :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley:

Soooooo that leaves uhhhh
:ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultness::ultgnw::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultsamus::ultzss::ultryu::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultganondorf::ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultdiddy::ultike::ultlucina::ultkingdedede::ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ulttoonlink::ultrobin:ultpikachu::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultfox::ultcloud::ultzelda:

Am I forgetting anybody?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Remember this tweet from yesterday?
You could probably pick it apart to mean anything you want it to mean (for instance, "stay tuned" means that they were talking to the people watching from home. Despite the exhibition, their one and only announced event, ending last night, they said "throughout the weekend").

More than likely they're just referring to the Melee tournament or something but I wanna see who will read half of my post and assume I'm claiming there will be a reveal on Sunday.

But if there was going to be one, it would be on Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom