• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*wakes up*
*sees Vergeybergey gen 7 pokemon discussion still going strong*

I'm telling you, it's Alolan Oak.
He knows Capoeira.
No, you're getting it all wrong, I bet it'll be the Masked Royal. With all three starters.

Who know what direction they'll go for new Pokemon.

A final Starter form like last time. (Decidueye/Inenaroar/Primarina)
The cool Pokemon that's in the advertising like they did in Brawl (Lycanroc)
That Generation's Pikachu like Melee (Mimikyu)

Or another random Gen 1 Pokemon (Gengar)
I would laugh if the Gen 1 Pokémon we got was actually
Vaporeon, just like in Super Smash Land

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if it's not Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu, who does that leave?

Incenaroar?
Primarina?
Salazzle?
Tsareena?
Type: Null/Silvally?
Tapu Koko?
The other three Tapus?
Ultra Beasts?
Mythical Pokemon?

Or a Pokemon from another generation?

Zeox

Smash Champion
What if they choose Incineroar as the Gen 7 Pokemon to replace Charizard? Not in the moveset but in the "now charizard is part of pokemon trainer again, so we don't have a fire pokemon by himself".

D

Deleted member

Part of what I read last night was talk about Geno. 300+ pages back and as a bit of a timeframe for those who may remember, there was comparisons between R.O.B.'s iconicness and Geno's.

Anyways, that talk of Geno got me thinking. I personally don't care for Geno at all having not played SMRPG though I have watched a few LPs of the game but if he does make it into Smash, what will he sound like? Geno does talk in SMRPG but it's entirely through text. This wouldn't be the first time Smash has provided first time voices for a character but it's still interesting to think about. And thinking of this got me thinking of other characters in a similar situation. If Galacta Knight ever miraculously got in, what would he sound like or would he have a voice at all? Kirby and Meta Knight have shown that Star Warriors can talk but GK has never been shown to do so. What about Isabelle? Technically the Villager can 'talk' through input by the player and yet they remian silent in Smash. Would Isabelle be silent too? Would she speak in Animalese (those gibberish sounds characters make when talking in Animal Crossing)? Would she have a proper voice? I'll specifically tag @Zinith to ask the same thing about Boshi if he were to get in. He's a Yoshi so would he just share Yoshi's voice clips? Would he have slightly altered ones? Would he say Boshi instead of Yoshi? Heck, I don't entirely recall but doesn't Boshi talk in SMRPG? Would he have a proper voice? Same questions in regards to if Ninten (not directed specifically at you Zinith) makes it in, especially seeing as how Ness and Lucas were given voices.
Ninten would likely be voiced, while Isabelle would probably use her gibberish sounds from Animal Crossing as she uses them in Mario Kart 8. As for Geno, I'd imagine he'd be mute and just use sound effects from SMRPG as his "voice."

For your viewing pleasure, here's Geno with a voice.

Naturally, if Geno did get a voice, it would probably sound better than this. This voice is no longer in the game anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for Buzzwole, Koko, Primarina, or Golisopod out of all the "likely" Gen VII options. Tapu Bulu would be cool too. Really anything but Incineroar. I just really don't like its design at all and feel like it would be too.... generic? Like, it's a wrestler cat. I just don't see its Moveset being super interesting other than maybe a fireball projectile. Woo.

The other options give new typings to Smash (Bug, Fairy) which could present some interesting options. And if it's a Tapu, the Guardian of Alola attack would make for a perfect final smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ninten would likely be voiced, while Isabelle would probably use her gibberish sounds from Animal Crossing as she uses them in Mario Kart 8. As for Geno, I'd imagine he'd be mute and just use sound effects from SMRPG as his "voice."

For your viewing pleasure, here's Geno with a voice.

Naturally, if Geno did get a voice, it would probably sound better than this. This voice is no longer in the game anyway.
GENO WORLD
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

that voice is awful hahahahaha

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know what Vergeben has to gain by teasing. He's not Nintendo who does he have to gain by building suspense?

Why doesn't he say who it is, get hated on and then when they revealed he makes a post which is nothing but a picture of Nelson Muntz.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So if it's not Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu, who does that leave?

Incenaroar?
Primarina?
Salazzle?
Tsareena?
Type: Null/Silvally?
Tapu Koko?
The other three Tapus?
Ultra Beasts?
Mythical Pokemon?

Or a Pokemon from another generation?
I don't believe Vergeben, but to entertain the idea, the only other Pokemon I see being selected would be Incineroar or Tapu Koko.

What if they choose Incineroar as the Gen 7 Pokemon to replace Charizard? Not in the moveset but in the "now charizard is part of pokemon trainer again, so we don't have a fire pokemon by himself".
I don't think that'd be the case now that Pokemon Trainer no longer has the stamina gimmick. You can still play as Charizard just fine, only your Down Special now turns you into Squirtle.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that'd be the case now that Pokemon Trainer no longer has the stamina gimmick. You can still play as Charizard just fine, only your Down Special now turns you into Squirtle.
You still switch if you die though. It just means you have to hit down special twice after dying.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know what Vergeben has to gain by teasing. He's not Nintendo who does he have to gain by building suspense?

Why doesn't he say who it is, get hated on and then when they revealed he makes a post which is nothing but a picture of Nelson Muntz.
the satisfaction of being posted about 3000 times by the only group of people who still seem to care about him, without having to actually reveal anything

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the satisfaction of being posted about 3000 times by the only group of people who still seem to care about him, without having to actually reveal anything
I wish Gematsu guy kept adding "new info" every few days. He could be like "the new Fire Emblem character is not Lucina or Robin."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
the satisfaction of being posted about 3000 times by the only group of people who still seem to care about him
I guess so.

What I don't get about Incenaroar, is that it's a pretty divisive Pokemon in the west so I don't think it would be in their interests to push it too much.

We know The Pokemon Company isn't blind to the west cause they saw Zekrom was more popular in the west and started using it as the default "hero" legendary in Gen V.

I'm still of the mind that, given how much it blew up in the hype phase in all territories, Borb is the word

Untouch

Smash Master
Having access, or having a screenshot of the event demo makes sense.
That's missing daisy and only has the smash 4 veterans, which would explain why that was missing from his predictions.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Really anything but Incineroar. I just really don't like its design at all and feel like it would be too.... generic? Like, it's a wrestler cat. I just don't see its Moveset being super interesting other than maybe a fireball projectile. Woo.
What I don't get about Incenaroar, is that it's a pretty divisive Pokemon in the west so I don't think it would be in their interests to push it too much.

We know The Pokemon Company isn't blind to the west cause they saw Zekrom was more popular in the west and started using it as the default "hero" legendary in Gen V.
Incineroar has potential, and it's certainly more popular than people give it credit for. It's not the Pokemon I would've went with, but I can't deny that a fighting game like Smash is the perfect place for someone like him.

Besides, would it really be all that surprising to find out Sakurai chose a cat of all things? :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wish Gematsu guy kept adding "new info" every few days. He could be like "the new Fire Emblem character is not Lucina or Robin."
Getting into the mindset of back then, you could see leaks like

"Chrom is not playable. He was but they gave his moveset to with Lucina so there would be more gender balance."
or
"Bowser Jr. appears as an Assist trophy where he uses his paint brush to paint the painty paint and never does anything with a Koopa Clown Car"

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Man, watching Vergeben deconfirm the 3 most interesting Alolan Pokemon, one of which was my most wanted, was a little soul crushing to say the least.

I'm hoping this is just a case of Vergeben getting a bad source and posting about it anyway, or his source deliberately making up information to screw with the fans. He hasn't said if this was the Ice Climber/Snake/Ridley/Simon source yet, so hope still lives.

However, if what he says is true, then Incineroar and Rowlet just made a massive jump in the running for Smash. I would also love to see Alolan Meowth, but there's something in the back of my head that tells me he's not happening.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
So no Lycanroc, Mimikyu or Decidueye? Guess it’s time to pray to the guardian of Melemele Island again.
21332915-F1B8-4822-B6ED-28312ECBADEE.png
21332915-F1B8-4822-B6ED-28312ECBADEE.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Incineroar has potential, and it's certainly more popular than people give it credit for. It's not the Pokemon I would've went with, but I can't deny that a fighting game like Smash is the perfect place for someone like him.

Besides, would it really be all that surprising to find out Sakurai chose a cat of all things? :laugh:
I mean, to be fair, his cat is ded nowadays (may he rest in peace), so compensation is needed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not going to lie, that would be hilarious
I can imagine the trailer, and how the Twich chat blows up every time a Gen 7 starter is shown as they try to figure out which one is the playable and what's misdirection.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Tapu Koko is my second favourite Gen 7 Pokemon behind Mimikyu, so I'd have no complaints if it did get in.

That said, I don't buy what Vergeben is selling. I'm not considering Simon and Isabelle confirmed or Mimikyu, Decidueye and Lucanroc disconfirmed until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man, watching Vergeben deconfirm the 3 most interesting Alolan Pokemon, one of which was my most wanted, was a little soul crushing to say the least.

I'm hoping this is just a case of Vergeben getting a bad source and posting about it anyway, or his source deliberately making up information to screw with the fans. He hasn't said if this was the Ice Climber/Snake/Ridley/Simon source yet, so hope still lives.

However, if what he says is true, then Incineroar and Rowlet just made a massive jump in the running for Smash. I would also love to see Alolan Meowth, but there's something in the back of my head that tells me he's not happening.
Well, Verge jumping the gun here is actually a possibility. He claimed to have known about a third character, who I'm assuming is the mystery Pokemon character, but wasn't sure if it was real because only one of his three sources had heard of it (and even then, said source wasn't as confident in it as they were with Simon and Isabelle).

All of this happened about a week ago. Unless one of his sources jumped on board within that small timeframe and gave him more confidence, then this could be Verge eager to leak more Smash info without waiting to verify it or see if his one source gains more confidence in his material.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The reason why Verg is keeping things secret (assuming he is correct anyway) is so he could get more attention than he would have if he just said what Pokemon is in.

It ain't that deep yall.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And remember people

Given there's technically already 3 Pokemon added from Smash 4, it's is entirely possible we may get NO Gen 7 Pokemon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The thing that really bug me about all this, is Verg saying he would stop talking about Ultimate for awhile, only to came back a week~ after he posted his break.

Almost like if he couldn't just stop now after getting so notorious, whatever he had more real info or not, he decided to continue the leaking game while he could, and get even more attention from peoples dying for new info.

Tho,whatever Verg is right or not, keep an eye on the character we get, that character could tell us alot about all the "possible" leak we got since E3.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The only reason I'm following vergeben is he's just gemusatu 2.0 I don't fully believe him I'm just being cautious

But for Pokémon rep I'm seriously confused to why a ultra beast I should under considered

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Update to Verge if it hasn't been said.
He claims it's also "not Mimkyu or Lycanroc either."
Really? Well, if what he says is true (which I still don't believe is true) and it's between the rest Gen 7 Pokémon, I'd choose... Primarina still, since she hasn't been disconfirmed, but I'd choose Incineroar if it was between him and Buzzwole.

I still prefer Gardevoir over all of them though, regardless of her chances.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fun fact, the dog reappears in the 1990 NES game Barker Bill's Trick Shooting and you CAN shoot him (although you'll get penalized)
That aswell...but now nearly eveyone loves the duo of Mr.Peepers and Quackers

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

This is why I'm believing him less and less, he's being unnecessarily cryptic for no reason, he's constantly looking for attention. First it was "some controversial character" and now we have "a pokemon that isn't any of these 3". Just seems like bull at this point.

More likely than not he guessed ridley which others like the resetera mods were teasing at the time, managed to get it right and ran with it, he wasn't even entirely right since I believe he claimed ridley would have a presence outside of smash which he never did.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm lost with Vergeben, the only thing I know is that he has been teasing a gen 7 pokemon, what else he added? besides Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom