• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://m.imgur.com/a/s3atiDZ
Here is a comparison of the renders of every Smash character throughout the series. I like to look at this (Pikachu was really fat though).
Some of these are eye-opening. Also, I like that they embraced Luigi's hilarious awkwardness over the years.

If you can interact with it in ways that you don't interact with a book, then ye its a game.
If you're just progressing forward that's just like flipping pages my dude
Tell that to Telltale Games, they basically just make movies now.

Iridium

Smash Hero

My girl Peach going from "give me demure and reserved" to living her best carefree life. A icon.

Pikachu decided to hit the gym a bit. If I really wanted to be savage, I could say that he chose to eat less Poké Puffs (generation differences though).

osby

Smash Obsessed
He thinks it spoils the experience. :rolleyes:
1. It's too much work, since story mode was a game on its own.
2. I don't think he just thinks it spoils the experience, since he also mentioned it discredits the hard work done by development team, which I agree.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some of these are eye-opening. Also, I like that they embraced Luigi's hilarious awkwardness over the years.

Tell that to Telltale Games, they basically just make movies now.
They used to be more interactive, with all the quick-time events and "exploring".

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why does Ridley only have one there's a brawl render and possible Wii U/3ds to compare too
Only characters were counted here, although Assist Trophies and hazards (characters as hazards) might be next, so Ridley only had one render to go off of. I will look out for that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I like that they embraced Luigi's hilarious awkwardness over the years.
I seem to share bit of an opposite view, since I've seen how he's been portrayed even wimpier by every iteration to me. I mean he kind of was always, but I remember when 90s gave him his own quirky 'swag', as this hidden depth to him, which I liked to see in Smash 4's render, but is now replaced by Luigi leaning his butt in meme-inducing fashion with his currently trademark anxious expression.

I mean, I can't picture modern Luigi do something like this anymore, and that's a loss:

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
A funny thing I notice about Meta Knight's and Luca's renders.

Meta Knight was facing the front while Lucas was facing 3/4 to the left in Brawl. In 4, Meta Knight is now facing 3/4 left and Lucas is now facing the front. Now both are facing 3/4 to the left while having a weapon out.

Iridium

Smash Hero
With those renders, I noticed :ultpichu: quite literally has the same pose, but simply reversed.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Looking at all those new renders, yeah, I really love how they look. I like the Smash 4 ones, but I feel these new ones are probably (overall) the best ones yet. They sure like putting ZSS in angles to show as much as possible, hah. While they totally hid Dark Pit's butt this time.

Characters with long clothing/capes have a very flow-y design to their renders, I really like that. Tho, I am surprised they put the new/returning characters, or, many of them, in such Amiibo-unfriendly poses. Especially Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu. They will probably need very visible stands.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The renders are so good for Ultimate that the Brawl ones confuse and anger me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
With some renders, I seem to prefer both 4 or Ultimate, depending on how similar they look - it's bit like looking the Melee Alt. Trophies' poses next to regular character trophies.

Nevertheless, got to agree that Ultimate so far has managed to hit best kind of consistency on dynamic artwork on characters so far.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Rewatching the Subspace Emissary on YouTube... MAN...

I really hope we get SSE2 in this game. It felt really weird to just cut it out in Smash 4, when SSE gave us so many cool and amazing moments where Nintendo legends interacted with each other. It was like Avengers before Avengers even came out.

I'm hoping Sakurai pulls a 180 and announces it in the next Nintendo direct. Who cares if people uploaded the cutscenes to YouTube? It was awesome.
Do you understand what a massive flop was the SSE? The reason Sakurai made the cutscene comment was because he wasted years and money making them (understaffed mind you) just so they get uploaded the day the game comes out, which was the entire gimmick of SSE, playing through it to get the experience. The mode itself is a boring Kibytroid that is a slog to go through, with various levels that are either incredibly tedious or incredibly boring. Because they wasted so much staff and time making the SSE the other modes suffered, whivh is why the balance is horrible and seems Brawl was not playtested despite being in development for centuries (DDD grab infinites, MK's entirety, Ness/Wario/Lucas getting infinited/grab released, etc).

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The Subspace Emissary was interesting for its time, and I remember loving it as a kid. One thing I think didn't sit well with me was the fact that literally nobody talked and the plot just seemed...weird, and actually distant. It was just kinda like, "hey these characters showed up", but why did everyone happen to be in this generic overworld that didn't have a specific ounce of "Nintendo" to it?

If they did another mode like that, I really think it shoudl just be named "Story Mode" and I'm not really sure if they could get away with not doing voice acting for it this time. Not every character would need to be voiced (Mario characters, Link, etc...) but it would be awkward, to me anyway, to have the characters who DO speak not really be the mainline Nintendo characters. Characters that speak/have spoken in their source games would be Shulk, Lucina, Robin, Snake, Cloud (probably Japanese), Ryu, Bayonetta, and then the other characters kinda either make noises or would have to look into cartoon/anime...I would love Dedede from Kirby Right Back At Ya!, as that voice is honestly hilarious. But it would unfortunately not lead to an entirely compelling story in that regard.

My biggest issue with NOT doing a "Story Mode" is just the scope of this game. This is basically Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War, or at least a gaming equivalent. While we don't have heavy hitters like Master Chief, Kratos, or Nathan Drake (which, personally, I think would be both hilarious AND awesome) this is basically as Sakurai said, "The biggest crossover event in gaming history". This has never happened before and may never happen again. A story involving that sort of magnitude would be amazing.

I've kind of considered a few different scenes of what they could do, such as pairing Mario and Sonic, or even Megaman together, and then maybe the Princesses. Or maybe the Princesses play some sort of part as a plot device ala Kingdom hearts, (though I would rather see them doing badass things together), but the whole idea of characters meeting each other for the first time (like that idea of Simon Belmont and Bayonetta) is just too good to pass up in my humble opinion.

The thing is, do I want a quality story mode to take up the time of development? Or do I want for characters, items, stages, and other content? I'd take the latter.

Although, one thing I would be down for is if the story mode was released in stages or something as DLC down the line.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Characters with long clothing/capes have a very flow-y design to their renders, I really like that. Tho, I am surprised they put the new/returning characters, or, many of them, in such Amiibo-unfriendly poses. Especially Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu. They will probably need very visible stands.
On the other hand, if the new Ridley amiibo is anything to go by, we'll be seeing much better stands this time around.
I can easily imagine Squirtle being lifted into the air by a wave or Ivysaur standing on top of a rock or tree stump.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why does Ridley only have one there's a brawl render and possible Wii U/3ds to compare too
Because Ridley wasn't playable back then? If you're going to do something like that you may as well go the extra mile and compare the Little Mac AT, Charizard Pokeball summons, etc. to their official fighter renders.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The brawl renders always seemed kinda off to me. Like from an objective standpoint they're fine, but once 4 and especially Ultimate's renders came out they look really outdated (especially Pikachu).

On the topic of the Subspace Emissary, It's a great idea with a wonky execution.
Honestly does anyone like it for the gameplay? It's all about the cutscenes (which are awesome but still).
If we got another one I really hope they fixed the actual gameplay sections so the whole mode doesn't rely on it's cutscenes.
But I doubt we're getting another subspace emissary.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Subspace Emissary was interesting for its time, and I remember loving it as a kid. One thing I think didn't sit well with me was the fact that literally nobody talked and the plot just seemed...weird, and actually distant. It was just kinda like, "hey these characters showed up", but why did everyone happen to be in this generic overworld that didn't have a specific ounce of "Nintendo" to it?

If they did another mode like that, I really think it shoudl just be named "Story Mode" and I'm not really sure if they could get away with not doing voice acting for it this time. Not every character would need to be voiced (Mario characters, Link, etc...) but it would be awkward, to me anyway, to have the characters who DO speak not really be the mainline Nintendo characters. Characters that speak/have spoken in their source games would be Shulk, Lucina, Robin, Snake, Cloud (probably Japanese), Ryu, Bayonetta, and then the other characters kinda either make noises or would have to look into cartoon/anime...I would love Dedede from Kirby Right Back At Ya!, as that voice is honestly hilarious. But it would unfortunately not lead to an entirely compelling story in that regard.

My biggest issue with NOT doing a "Story Mode" is just the scope of this game. This is basically Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War, or at least a gaming equivalent. While we don't have heavy hitters like Master Chief, Kratos, or Nathan Drake (which, personally, I think would be both hilarious AND awesome) this is basically as Sakurai said, "The biggest crossover event in gaming history". This has never happened before and may never happen again. A story involving that sort of magnitude would be amazing.

I've kind of considered a few different scenes of what they could do, such as pairing Mario and Sonic, or even Megaman together, and then maybe the Princesses. Or maybe the Princesses play some sort of part as a plot device ala Kingdom hearts, (though I would rather see them doing badass things together), but the whole idea of characters meeting each other for the first time (like that idea of Simon Belmont and Bayonetta) is just too good to pass up in my humble opinion.

The thing is, do I want a quality story mode to take up the time of development? Or do I want for characters, items, stages, and other content? I'd take the latter.

Although, one thing I would be down for is if the story mode was released in stages or something as DLC down the line.
Yeah i agree. It just felt like a normal average world with some random Nintendo characters thrown into the mix. And don't get me started on the great maze.

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
For all the praise SSE gets, it felt very sanitized and lifeless. The actual "story" of it was inconsistent, unexplained, and random. The rules of the world we were thrown into without any explanation were never established. Characters were at times shown to do things that might match their personalities, and then at other times just did completely random things. Why was Rayquaza, guardian of the skies, in the bottom of a lake? Why was Ridley doing anything Ridley was doing? Why do Bowser and Ganondorf serve Master Hand? The impression I got was that these are not really those character but just some non-canon alternate universe versions where they all live together in the Smash world and play by different rules. And with that the attachment to these fan favorite characters dies because they don't feel like themselves.

For that kind of crossover to carry itself very careful attention needs to be paid to identifying how the characters would really react or behave in the scenario. These kind of things thrive on those interactions, not just pasting two of their visages on the screen at the same time. And that's not even to mention how the crossover was purely of characters, with all of Nintendo's many colorful worlds and settings being neglected in favor of a drab, boring, and forgettable wasteland.

If they want to pull off another large scale story mode they need to focus on making an actual story first as opposed to just trying to let the characters carry it entirely on their own. Even the best of characters don't shine when they're given a whole lot of nothing to work with. From there, they need to think earnestly about how each character would react and interact with the others in the scenarios they're placed in. Getting input from the actual owners of those characters would probably help.

In short, doing a story-mode for a crossover of this scale *properly* would likely be far too large of an endeavor to justify.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
On the other hand, if the new Ridley amiibo is anything to go by, we'll be seeing much better stands this time around.

I can easily imagine Squirtle being lifted into the air by a wave or Ivysaur standing on top of a rock or tree stump.
Ooh, I hope so. I was disgusted by the pee-yellow stick up Link’s *** on his. Now pretty well everyone’ll need a stand, but they could be cooler.

Hope ‘reprints of previous Smash amiibo’ means ‘new poses based on the new game.’

And I am hoping all three Pokémon come individually along with Red. It’d be fun if the Squirtle FP stuck to solo Squirtle, but the Red one used swappring.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ooh, I hope so. I was disgusted by the pee-yellow stick up Link’s *** on his. Now pretty well everyone’ll need a stand, but they could be cooler.

Hope ‘reprints of previous Smash amiibo’ means ‘new poses based on the new game.’

And I am hoping all three Pokémon come individually along with Red. It’d be fun if the Squirtle FP stuck to solo Squirtle, but the Red one used swappring.
I Doubt we'll get the cool looking stands. I wish it was a thing though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because they wasted so much staff and time making the SSE the other modes suffered, whivh is why the balance is horrible and seems Brawl was not playtested despite being in develpñopment for centuries (DDD grab infinites, MK's entirety, Ness/Wario/Lucas getting infinited/grab released, etc).
This highlights my biggest problem with Brawl, and why I'm on the fence of whether or not to have a new story mode. A majority of Brawl feels like Subspace Emissary first, Super Smash Bros. later, to the point where SSE feels like one of the few good parts of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love the SSE, but I don't want it to return if a vast majority of the game suffers because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

That is a very good point, that Ridley stand is pretty different from what we have seen. I hope that, yeah, it means that Squirtle may at least have a water-effect stand, and, Ivysaur being held up by a nearly crushed Daisy or such. c: I do not mind stands as long as they, well, are not 'just a stand', hah.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Rewatching the Subspace Emissary on YouTube... MAN...

I really hope we get SSE2 in this game. It felt really weird to just cut it out in Smash 4, when SSE gave us so many cool and amazing moments where Nintendo legends interacted with each other. It was like Avengers before Avengers even came out.

I'm hoping Sakurai pulls a 180 and announces it in the next Nintendo direct. Who cares if people uploaded the cutscenes to YouTube? It was awesome.
Having seen the SSE cutscenes recently, I think they're really overrated and most of them are just banal; the majority of the cutscenes can be summed up as "characters nod at each other, walk together in an aimless direction, or prepare for battle", not to mention their age is quite apparent. A couple are genuinely amusing, like Falcon's introduction, but I think a lot of the fondness for them as a whole is just from nostalgia.

But the big problem with doing a SSE2 though is how much developmental resources it requires. The SSE was essentially its own game, taking about as long as a average single-player game to complete, and the cutscenes altogether were nearly a whole movie's length, all in what is primarily a multiplayer fighting game with a ton of content elsewhere. Not to mention the SSE wasn't even fully realized and they had to cut a lot of content from it, including even plot-central cutscenes that left glaring plot holes (e.g. how the Subspace army got the Halberd). If Brawl didn't have the SSE it would have had more and better content elsewhere (e.g. Mewtwo and several other characters wouldn't have been cut, and Brawl's other single-player modes would have been better).

When wanting a SSE2, people have to remember there would be a significant cut to content elsewhere or the game will take a very long time to complete. Additionally there's over 70 characters in the game now; even back when Brawl had around half that people complained a lot of characters got overshadowed, were poorly utilized, or were focused on too heavily (e.g. the Kirby characters), doing a good coherent story with Ultimate's cast and having everyone get near-equivalent representation in a suitable amount of time is going to be nigh-impossible.

I would like if they did an expanded nonrushed version of Melee's Adventure mode (i.e. have every stage be a platforming level based on the individual series instead of most of the stages just being normal fights) with SSE-style bosses, but would rather they not devote so much resources to trying to do a SSE2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked SSE for both it's story and gameplay personally. I will admit that it's better played at the lower difficulties, though, as all the hard modes do is simulate difficulty by giving the enemies ridiculous knockback. That's about the only criticism I'd give it, though, because other than that I thought it was neat and would love something like it again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Brawl didn't have the SSE it would have had more and better content elsewhere (e.g. Mewtwo and several other characters wouldn't have been cut, and Brawl's other single-player modes would have been better)
Biggest [citation neeed] ever made would go here. too lazy to google it

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What if: when Smash Ultimate DLC comes around, the current team splits into two with one half making characters, costumes, stages, etc. and the other half makes an SSE-esque story mode (no voicing acting because costs though). It'd be episodic to tie in with character releases so that every character is incorporated at some point, whether it be towards the beginning or the end.

If SSE did anything right was giving us :ultrob: memes.
R.O.B.s are a dying race and this is so sad. Can we get 50 likes?

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Biggest [citation neeed] ever made would go here. too lazy to google it
You do realize how massive the SSE was? Like I said, the mode by itself was essentially its own game in size, the cutscenes were pure CGI that altogether were nearly a whole movie's worth in length, and over half of Brawl's disc space was stuff devoted to the SSE. If the SSE didn't exist, that is a hell of a lot of developmental resources that is freed up for the rest of the game, and Sakurai himself said Brawl had several more planned characters (i.e. the Forbidden Seven) and other content that got scrapped because of developmental constraints.

D

Deleted member

What if: when Smash Ultimate DLC comes around, the current team splits into two with one half making characters, costumes, stages, etc. and the other half makes an SSE-esque story mode (no voicing acting because costs though). It'd be episodic to tie in with character releases so that every character is incorporated at some point, whether it be towards the beginning or the end.
I'd be down with that. I know some people don't like it, but I am totally okay with the "Games as a Service" model, especially if it's a game I love.

I'm crossing my fingers that Ultimate gets the same kind of love Kirby: Star Allies is getting with it's DLC. For me, that game set a new standard for what DLC should look like: Extremely polished with amazing fan service and tight gameplay that compliments what's already there. If Smash Ultimate got anything like that for it's post-game content, it'd be the best Smash ever for me and finally top Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah i agree. It just felt like a normal average world with some random Nintendo characters thrown into the mix. And don't get me started on the great maze.
For all the praise SSE gets, it felt very sanitized and lifeless. The actual "story" of it was inconsistent, unexplained, and random. The rules of the world we were thrown into without any explanation were never established. Characters were at times shown to do things that might match their personalities, and then at other times just did completely random things. Why was Rayquaza, guardian of the skies, in the bottom of a lake? Why was Ridley doing anything Ridley was doing? Why do Bowser and Ganondorf serve Master Hand? The impression I got was that these are not really those character but just some non-canon alternate universe versions where they all live together in the Smash world and play by different rules. And with that the attachment to these fan favorite characters dies because they don't feel like themselves.

For that kind of crossover to carry itself very careful attention needs to be paid to identifying how the characters would really react or behave in the scenario. These kind of things thrive on those interactions, not just pasting two of their visages on the screen at the same time. And that's not even to mention how the crossover was purely of characters, with all of Nintendo's many colorful worlds and settings being neglected in favor of a drab, boring, and forgettable wasteland.

If they want to pull off another large scale story mode they need to focus on making an actual story first as opposed to just trying to let the characters carry it entirely on their own. Even the best of characters don't shine when they're given a whole lot of nothing to work with. From there, they need to think earnestly about how each character would react and interact with the others in the scenarios they're placed in. Getting input from the actual owners of those characters would probably help.

In short, doing a story-mode for a crossover of this scale *properly* would likely be far too large of an endeavor to justify.
Having seen the SSE cutscenes recently, I think they're really overrated and most of them are just banal; the majority of the cutscenes can be summed up as "characters nod at each other, walk together in an aimless direction, or prepare for battle", not to mention their age is quite apparent. A couple are genuinely amusing, like Falcon's introduction, but I think a lot of the fondness for them as a whole is just from nostalgia.

But the big problem with doing a SSE2 though is how much developmental resources it requires. The SSE was essentially its own game, taking about as long as a average single-player game to complete, and the cutscenes altogether were nearly a whole movie's length, all in what is primarily a multiplayer fighting game with a ton of content elsewhere. Not to mention the SSE wasn't even fully realized and they had to cut a lot of content from it, including even plot-central cutscenes that left glaring plot holes (e.g. how the Subspace army got the Halberd). If Brawl didn't have the SSE it would have had more and better content elsewhere (e.g. Mewtwo and several other characters wouldn't have been cut, and Brawl's other single-player modes would have been better).

When wanting a SSE2, people have to remember there would be a significant cut to content elsewhere or the game will take a very long time to complete. Additionally there's over 70 characters in the game now; even back when Brawl had around half that people complained a lot of characters got overshadowed, were poorly utilized, or were focused on too heavily (e.g. the Kirby characters), doing a good coherent story with Ultimate's cast and having everyone get near-equivalent representation in a suitable amount of time is going to be nigh-impossible.

I would like if they did an expanded nonrushed version of Melee's Adventure mode (i.e. have every stage be a platforming level based on the individual series instead of most of the stages just being normal fights) with SSE-style bosses, but would rather they not devote so much resources to trying to do a SSE2.
It also would help if they didn't have a Square-Enix writer who obviously hadn't done anything outside of FF games/Kingdom Hearts before.

Also, it is entirely possible to write a coherent story without dialogue (e.g. Studio Xilam's stuff), but it has to not be overcomplicated in execution. Imagine being used to writing stuff with dialogue, then asked to do something mostly silent. It doesn't help that one scene was left on the cutting room floor.

Another issue is that they really should have waited a few more entries later down the road before attempting something like SSE. For what it was, it lacked enough characters to make it feel like an epic crossover. The villains, in particular, felt severely understaffed when you don't take the few non-original bosses into consideration.

So really, I'm fine if there's no story mode for the foreseeable next decade. Just bring Smash Run back, or even a simpler Adventure Mode!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I loved SSE. I liked that they were able to make a sensible story without any dialogue whatsoever, and the cutscenes were great. Every character showed off their personality really well.

Havimg said that, I don’t think it should return. Smash is too big now for it to work well. A Melee mode would be cool: go through random worlds which relate to a universe, and it’d be nice to have some randomness or path selection like they did in Soul Calibur III. Somebody before said something about each character having a cutscene into a specific battle, which would be really cool

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something tells me that if they'd just improve Smash Run to be even more customizable and zany than City Trial in Kirby Air Ride, that'd make a solid multiplayer time sink.

Dunno still on the Adventure Mode or new SSE however - I dunno what'd make them engaging to justify huge resources to spend on (specificially SSE2). Adventure Mode also needs some good overhaul due how Melee's format feels aged today in comparison.

You do realize how massive the SSE was? Like I said, the mode by itself was essentially its own game in size, the cutscenes were pure CGI that altogether were nearly a whole movie's worth in length, and over half of Brawl's disc space was stuff devoted to the SSE. If the SSE didn't exist, that is a hell of a lot of developmental resources that is freed up for the rest of the game, and Sakurai himself said Brawl had several more planned characters (i.e. the Forbidden Seven) and other content that got scrapped because of developmental constraints.
If Dixie becomes an Echo in this game, I might probably start to hate SSE for ruining her authentic way of being playable in Smash for good.

Hmm.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A Story Mode would be such a resource sink it'd be ridiculous.
The cutscenes were fun but boy was the gameplay mindless.

If anything, just give me an Arcade mode where I fight through actual battles with little gimmicks on each of them and at the end, I get a cute little cinematic like how Marvel vs. Capcom 3 does it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A Story Mode would be such a resource sink it'd be ridiculous.
The cutscenes were fun but boy was the gameplay mindless.

If anything, just give me an Arcade mode where I fight through actual battles with little gimmicks on each of them and at the end, I get a cute little cinematic like how Marvel vs. Capcom 3 does it.
Now that's a good idea. Same love but resources spread out logically. Would love a mini-story mode for every character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m perfectly fine with Smash Ultimate not having a story mode like SSE. All they need to give me for a single player experience is an Adventure Mode like Melee and Smash Run (keep Smash Tour away...even though I’d still play that mess of a mode cause I’m a sick ****)
characters nodding
B5570BD8-12D5-4B0C-B0C6-4ADD069CF98E.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom