• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Was it ever proved that "Prai_Mai" of the Forbidden Seven was an actual character? If not, then wouldn't it be the "Forbidden Six?"

----
It's an actual character file, who the character is what's up for debate. I think the Plusle/Minun theory is true; while there are inconsistencies with the name and how other pokemon's internal filenames are handled and how other "2-in-1" characters have separate character files, I think it's the only logical answer and that considering Pichu's lack of data on Brawl's disc, I think Plusle/Minun was intended to be an "updated" version of Pichu that was a more serious character (much like how Toon Link was an "updated" version of Young Link and thus Young Link also lacks data on the disc).

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The only thing I miss about Subspace is seeing such unique pairings team up to take down bad guys.

And it also gave us the single greatest thing to happen:

I want :ultbayonetta: and:ultzss: to confront :ultridley:

Only for :ultbayonetta: to push :ultzss: out of the way and deal with :ultridley: with one summon and or torture attack

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Not enough for a session, no. None of them are very good either.

Saber is quite popular in Japan, so I could see it potentially happening. If we were to get a non-video game character though, I'd want it to be Goku, and then Saber, but that's just me.
But that's the thing about it, she is a video games character considering she first appeared in visual novels, and visual novels do count as videogames .

Edit::ultgreninja:'d by Idon

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
When going back to how Melee's Adventure mode worked out, the final opponent had fully playable traits, which included being affected by knockback.
I'm under the impression that the discussion is about "a mode similar to Melee's adventure mode" and not "literally bring forward Melee's adventure mode as it is"

Surely that's not something that's actually a problem.
And besides, I was serious about wanting Tabuu playable (thus giving Smash Bros its own actual rep), which would solve that dilemma anyway should it actually be a problem for some reason.

He won't be more than likely, but I'd personally like it haha

But that's the thing about it, she is a video games character considering she first appeared in visual novels, and visual novels do count as video games .
Did it actually have game elements in it or was it just a glorified e-picture-book

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If there were some mode like that?

Bayonetta should team up with Luigi.

Just because Luigi being scared of all the demons she'd summon would be some comedy gold.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
When going back to how Melee's Adventure mode worked out, the final opponent had fully playable traits, which included being affected by knockback.
It doesn't necessarily have to be like that again; Giga Bowser being the true final boss of Adventure Mode in Melee was probably a matter of practicality with how rushed Melee was, because it would have been disappointing to just have the Hands repeat as a final boss in another mode, while it would have been much easier to just make a souped-up version of an existing character than make a whole new boss.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
...Why would Ridley be female? He's referred exclusively to as Male.

Unless they think the 'Designated Girl Fight' is a trope hardwired into all media and therefore, since Ridley is Samus' archenemy, he must be female because Samus is a girl and they fight.
I saw someone say Ridley was female once. So for that reason I was a bit confused about whether they were male or female.

I also haven't played many Metroid games. (and in the ones I did I never reached a point where I encountered Ridley)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think in terms of Smash Ultimate as we know it, an ACTUALLY BASED ON CLASSIC "Classic Mode", and then a Melee-like Adventure Mode (traveling through different worlds) is the way to go because of the base game content we know of.

Now, if all these companies involved get the proper voice actors, writers, designers, and other necessary people in line to create a really engaging story that feels like a natural fit? THEN they release it as like a "Season Pass" item with additional characters that fit the story? ****ing count me in.

Alright, so we talked about how this is basically the equivalent in being epic to Infinity War, but Infinity War was "all these heroes" vs. "The big bad". Smash kinda has this complication because there's no "Big Bad" that fights every Nintendo character. Everybody has their own.

Now, with everybody having their own, that makes me think that having a new 3rd party in the form of a villain, in order to add hype to the reveal of a story mode, I think it would be freaking awesome to do something like a montage of clips with Mario fighting Bowser, Samus and maybe Snake fighting Ridley, MAYBE have Eggman or Dr. Wily show up, Link and Zelda or Sheik fighting Ganondorf, show off a title and then, after the title fades:

Cloud takes down a few enemies, and pauses for a moment. All is quiet. A small breeze begins to blow by, and Cloud then quickly looks behind him. At the last moment, he brings his sword up to block an incoming strike and succeeds. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Cloud finally realizes who he's up against.

Cloud comes face to face with Sephiroth, who effectively says nothing, but just gives a stare. (they could do the iconic flashing like they applied to Ike vs. Cloud in his reveal trailer). They both prepare a strike again, but before they truly get into the battle, the video ends.

I'd probably crap myself if they did that.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Anyone knows when nintendo decided to start making the nes and snes mini and how well did they sell (or are being sold)?
Could the mini consoles have any impact in the newcomers that smash could get?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
An alternative to cutscenes could be FighterZ styled character interactions before big fights in adventure mode. Like say you have Shulk and Ike together on your team and they’re about to fight some clone fighters like in SSE, they can have a quick dialog interaction before fighting. Doesn’t have to be animated, could just show stills of the character and a text box. Silent protagonists will stay silent obviously, but the person they’re with will still talk to them like it’s an RPG game. I’d totally be fine with this, since character interactions were some of the best parts of SSE and this retains it.

However, with 70+ characters this could be a huge chore to do, so you wouldn’t be able to have every character interact with each other. FighterZ has a far smaller roster than, with some characters even being absent in the story mode. But not every character interacted with each other. Vegeta and Yamcha don’t even interact with each other and there was a goldmine of material between the two that Arc could have made some good dialog out of. Still something to think about, though.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yeah i agree. It just felt like a normal average world with some random Nintendo characters thrown into the mix. And don't get me started on the great maze.
Why did you remind me of the horrors that is the Great Maze.
What if: when Smash Ultimate DLC comes around, the current team splits into two with one half making characters, costumes, stages, etc. and the other half makes an SSE-esque story mode (no voicing acting because costs though). It'd be episodic to tie in with character releases so that every character is incorporated at some point, whether it be towards the beginning or the end.

R.O.B.s are a dying race and this is so sad. Can we get 50 likes?
I'd be interested in it, you also reminded me how much I would want a Ancient Minister costume for R.O.B.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core are Classic mode bosses though.
They also became gamblers in Smash 4, them hands don’t gotta be limited to two roles
Tabuu is no Giga Bowser replacement though, since the two are fought differently; the former has an HP meter, much like with Master Hand and Crazy Hand, while the latter operated like a fully playable fighter, but could not be used without hacking.
we won’t need a finals boss who’s able to become playable through hacks, we just need an awesome boss
It would be nice if they added the DLC character trailers as those characters were released; it felt odd going to the trailers section for Smash Wii U and not being able to watch half a dozen of the character trailers.
Hell they should put every trailer/commercial in Smash history into the game
I'd probably buy it for 40 bucks and I would take it over literally any DLC characters.
I’m the exact opposite

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Take out Smash Tour and Smash Run and Adventure Mode and any kind of Story Mode.

Give us a mode where we can make the characters interact with each other for fun to get different cutscenes with them in the Smash Bros waiting room.

Fire Emblem is invading, anyway, so might as well.

Super Smash Bros: The Tactical RPG

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Don’t know if people are gonna care, but Samus showed signs of her PTSD in the Ridley trailer (which also references the manga quite a bit)
That deep breath right before turning was so good. She knew what was coming.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Y'all are forgetting the TRUE star of SSE

She was so carefree. Honestly? Iconic.
Basically some of my favorite parts of SSE especially tea time, and Peach 'destroying' her enemy Game and Watch.
Did it actually have game elements in it or was it just a glorified e-picture-book
Think of it like a Telltale game and your choices shapes the story and determines how it ends good or bad.
Which makes Saber technically a video game character, a popular one too in Japan, helps that the Fates series also had a Warriors-esque game on the.Switch

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
The Subspace Emissary was interesting for its time, and I remember loving it as a kid. One thing I think didn't sit well with me was the fact that literally nobody talked and the plot just seemed...weird, and actually distant. It was just kinda like, "hey these characters showed up", but why did everyone happen to be in this generic overworld that didn't have a specific ounce of "Nintendo" to it?

If they did another mode like that, I really think it shoudl just be named "Story Mode" and I'm not really sure if they could get away with not doing voice acting for it this time. Not every character would need to be voiced (Mario characters, Link, etc...) but it would be awkward, to me anyway, to have the characters who DO speak not really be the mainline Nintendo characters. Characters that speak/have spoken in their source games would be Shulk, Lucina, Robin, Snake, Cloud (probably Japanese), Ryu, Bayonetta, and then the other characters kinda either make noises or would have to look into cartoon/anime...I would love Dedede from Kirby Right Back At Ya!, as that voice is honestly hilarious. But it would unfortunately not lead to an entirely compelling story in that regard.

My biggest issue with NOT doing a "Story Mode" is just the scope of this game. This is basically Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War, or at least a gaming equivalent. While we don't have heavy hitters like Master Chief, Kratos, or Nathan Drake (which, personally, I think would be both hilarious AND awesome) this is basically as Sakurai said, "The biggest crossover event in gaming history". This has never happened before and may never happen again. A story involving that sort of magnitude would be amazing.

I've kind of considered a few different scenes of what they could do, such as pairing Mario and Sonic, or even Megaman together, and then maybe the Princesses. Or maybe the Princesses play some sort of part as a plot device ala Kingdom hearts, (though I would rather see them doing badass things together), but the whole idea of characters meeting each other for the first time (like that idea of Simon Belmont and Bayonetta) is just too good to pass up in my humble opinion.

The thing is, do I want a quality story mode to take up the time of development? Or do I want for characters, items, stages, and other content? I'd take the latter.

Although, one thing I would be down for is if the story mode was released in stages or something as DLC down the line.
people talk about smash needing these other modes i dont particularly agree either. looking at other fighting games with story modes: sfv, dbfz, mvci, mkx, injustice 2 and tekken. i'd say only one had an engaging story mode tekken 7. i objectively think every other game would have been better mechanically if dev times wasnt use on it. the single player mode needs osme stages like melee and smash run and the usual events and target stuff but, long term i'd rather dev time be used on characters, items, deglitching stages and playtesting. I play other games for story i play a fighter for gameplay. trying to be everything makes everything medicore long term.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She also realized she picked two of the worst partners to fight Ridley
It also doesn't help that Ridley is more savage than Bowser and Dr. Wily. Of course, you do have to wonder how everyone else would've handled the Ridley situation; for one example, Rosalina could sense Ridley's presence, and evade his attacks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Basically some of my favorite parts of SSE especially tea time, and Peach 'destroying' her enemy Game and Watch.

Think of it like a Telltale game and your choices shapes the story and determines how it ends good or bad.
Which makes Saber technically a video game character, a popular one too in Japan, helps that the Fates series also had a Warriors-esque game on the.Switch
Fair enough.

I hope the matchups reflect the trailer.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean, Mario I can agree with you on, but Mega could very easily hold his own against Ridley canonically.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Why did you remind me of the horrors that is the Great Maze.
I actually liked the great maze...

Sure, SSE could have been better, but it was great for what it was. It pains me a bit to see people complaining about ‘wasted’ dev time though. We like to think about Smash as a competitive game, but a lot of people don’t have friends they can summon at a moment’s notice, or the stabile internet connection (or funds) to play online constantly. Smash needs some single-player modes - I stopped playing Sm4sh WiiU before Bayo released since there was nothing to do.

I don’t need a whole SSE, but something is necessary. And I’d love randomness or branching paths since we’re gonna play it over 65 times.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm still all for the idea of "Great Maze but Actually Good" Edition.
You start out with the original 12 and can swap to any character at almost any time. You go around the maze, fighting and recruiting various characters, whose abilities are needed to access certain areas and continue along deeper to get even more fighters.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Finally got a good amount of "leaks" for a session. Spoilers: There is bonus "leak."
Yup a nintendo direct on july 26th

3DS:
>Luigi's Mansion gets a small trailer revealing amiibo functionality and that the hidden mansion is more difficult (it is the pal version from the gamecube) and is releasing on September 7th

>The Legend of Zelda: A New Origin is next and is a full 3D remake of the original zelda game from the nes. The top screen displays the game with a style similar to oot and mm 3d while the bottom screen acting as a hud and map displays the original 8 bit game. It releases on November 2nd

>Mario & Luigi: BIS + BJJ gets more details and a release of January 18th

Switch:
>Kirby Star Allies next dream friends get talked about and releases the next day, July 27th

>Mother 3 is coming and is just the original game in english, now known as Earthbound Aftermath. No direct release date yet but a tentative one for 2018

>Fortnite is getting some exclusive nintendo themed gear on the switch version and is announced that the main save the world mode is coming later

>Yoshi's Double-sided Story is next with more details and amiibo functionality, coming February

>Super Mario Odyssey kingdom DLC gets revealed. Two new kingdoms, being the Sunshine Kingdom (based on Isle delfino) and the Hylian Kingdom (based on Hyrule). Releasing in October

>Spyro Trilogy is announced and will have amiibo support

>MK8 DX gets DLC. I don't have many details on this at the moment but will report back if I get more

>Finally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is here to end with some more details on modes and some major reveals

Another direct "leak". This one doesn't even talk about Smash Bros. characters, but it's worth putting in here anyways. This is bonus "leak" by the way.
alright mother****ers here we go

in mid to late august there’ll be a direct (date undecided lol)

it’ll start with spyro reignited coming to switch (a spyro amiibo too)

then some talk of ****ty games i couldn’t care to remember

then hat in time (finally)

another look at fire emblem (lookin kinda like advance wars)

more mario + rabbids dlc (based on wario land i think)

pretty nice sizzle reel showing mega man 11, undertale, steins gate elite and some other games we already knew about

then some minecraft ****

mario kart 8 dlc featuring kirby

and FINALLY a smash trailer that shows off a certain king everyone’s been waiting for

(keep in mind i saw an early version. stuff’s bound to change)

Another direct "leak". And again, this one doesn't say much about Smash besides hinting at K. Rool. Interesting that they mention an "early version" of the direct. What do you guys think goes into making a direct?
> There will be a direct on July 27
> There will be no headlines or 3DS games, it will be about the stuff missing from E3
> It will start right of with a Pikmin 4 gameplay trailer, after that, Miyamoto will be talking about the games development, he will ten announce the Pikmin Trilogy. Both games are set to release Early 2019
> Next is New Super Mario Bros.3, the characters are planned to be, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad, and Wario. They are still working on 2 more characters wich might be Waluigi and Rosalina. Peach will be kidnapped again so she won't be playable. New Super Luigi.2 is also pallned to release too. NSMB.3 will releases October 26th 2018 and NSL.2 will release Holiday
> Next is a NEW Mario Maker, it will have way more stuff and what will happen is, if your at home, you build on the switch not on the tv with your joycons, then you put it on the tv and finish off the level. If your on the go, you do the same thing except you keep on going to finish the level. It will releases Holiday.
> Wave 2 for Kirby: Star Allies will release July 27
> Yoshi game, Yoshi's Flipping Adventure, March 2019, LABO SUPPORT.
> New LABO pack, LABO VR, holiday 2018
> Dark souls Remastered, releasing August 24
> Shin Megami Tensie 5, 2019
> Mario Kart 9 trailer, planned for 2019
> Mario Kart 8 DX DLC, October
> Diablo 3, 2019
> Final Fantasy 15, holiday
> Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2, holiday 2018
> SNES Remix, 2019
> Nintendo Land 2, holiday
> Tomodachi World, 2019
> Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer, early 2019
> Mario 64 switch, 2019
> Xenoblade Chronicles X, 2019
> Donkey Kong Country Origins, 2019
> Smash Bros. Ultimate announcement, Story Mode trailer and then King K Rool and Dixie Kong trailer.

Near rehash of another direct "leak", but was different enough for me to include it. My wallet is screaming at the thought of things like Nintendo Land 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Mario 64 Switch all coming to Switch though.
Hello, I have a close friend who works in a translating team here in Nintendo of America. He and a couple others are in charge with translating the Snake codecs and Palutena's Guidances. Upon their work as translators they have found data for 10 fighters. My friend gave me the info and here are the character's:
{Simon Belmont}
{Dixie Kong}
{King K. Rool}
{Ashley}
{Amaturasu}
{Ninten}
{Chrono}
{Isaac}

{Impa}*
{Black Shadow}*

Interesting enough framing device, and Chrono is a new suggestion, but without any evidence I'm skeptical.
My room mate works in the graphics team for Smash Ultimate and he told me some characters arriving for the game.

>Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
>King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
>Ninten (Mother)
>Heihachi (Tekken)
>Ribbon Girl (Arms

He also said about a new storyline for the game (like subspace) that will come to the game, he told me about this because he worked on that part of the game. You guys may think this is bull**** but its more than true.

Another kind of interesting framing device, and another story mode would be nice.
Smash Ultimate leaks? Smash Ultimate leaks.

You know how Sakurai said your roster starts off as small as the original? Guess how you unlock the rest? Through a new story mode. It's a sequel to the subspace emissary. Through each mission you unlock one or more characters in the order of their appearances in Smash. Some characters, such as Doctor Mario, will not appear and you'll have to unlock them through completing certain challenges in the story mode. The big bads are Ridley, King K Rool, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Doctor Eggman, and the Octolings. If I had to compare this mode to anything else in all of literature, it'd be the infinity war of videogames.

Doesn't say much besides discussing a story mode.

I'm also making some changes to the Count that I'll be telling you guys about soon, so look forward to that.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You start out with the original 12 and can swap to any character at almost any time. You go around the maze, fighting and recruiting various characters, whose abilities are needed to access certain areas and continue along deeper to get even more fighters.
Same.

I wonder if they can make it feel like a metroidvania? I'll be 100% sold.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Same.

I wonder if they can make it feel like a metroidvania? I'll be 100% sold.
I think it could very easily be done.
Spiked Walls that only characters like :ultmewtwo: :ultpalutena: and :ultzelda: can warp past with their up specials, Elemental Barriers that need to be hit by that same element in order to get past, Speed Challenges only fast characters like :ultfalcon: and :ultsonic: can complete, switches you need :ultpit:'s arrows in order to hit, that kind of thing.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hey I wanted ask everyone, how they would feel if Saber from the visual novel Fate/Stay Night, was a character in Smash as I was just thinking about it, I think she would be a good choice for Smash with her abilities what do you all think?

Edit: broken image
Has a sword (the sword)
Is badass
Represents a game genre not covered by Smash (iirc)
Can do a lot of things with her magic
Can have an alt in a nice suit
Dumb people would be salty about "anime"
A gimmick with Excalibur being invisible until some criteria has been met

Sounds great to me

Zeox

Smash Champion
Finally got a good amount of "leaks" for a session. Spoilers: There is bonus "leak."

3DS:
>Luigi's Mansion gets a small trailer revealing amiibo functionality and that the hidden mansion is more difficult (it is the pal version from the gamecube) and is releasing on September 7th

>The Legend of Zelda: A New Origin is next and is a full 3D remake of the original zelda game from the nes. The top screen displays the game with a style similar to oot and mm 3d while the bottom screen acting as a hud and map displays the original 8 bit game. It releases on November 2nd

Switch:
>Kirby Star Allies next dream friends get talked about and releases the next day, July 27th

>Mother 3 is coming and is just the original game in english, now known as Earthbound Aftermath. No direct release date yet but a tentative one for 2018

>Fortnite is getting some exclusive nintendo themed gear on the switch version and is announced that the main save the world mode is coming later

>Yoshi's Double-sided Story is next with more details and amiibo functionality, coming February

>Super Mario Odyssey kingdom DLC gets revealed. Two new kingdoms, being the Sunshine Kingdom (based on Isle delfino) and the Hylian Kingdom (based on Hyrule). Releasing in October

>MK8 DX gets DLC. I don't have many details on this at the moment but will report back if I get more

>Finally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is here to end with some more details on modes and some major reveals

Another direct "leak". This one doesn't even talk about Smash Bros. characters, but it's worth putting in here anyways. This is bonus "leak" by the way.

pretty nice sizzle reel showing mega man 11, undertale, steins gate elite and some other games we already knew about

then some minecraft ****

and FINALLY a smash trailer that shows off a certain king everyone’s been waiting for

Another direct "leak". And again, this one doesn't say much about Smash besides hinting at K. Rool. Interesting that they mention an "early version" of the direct. What do you guys think goes into making a direct?
> There will be no headlines or 3DS games, it will be about the stuff missing from E3
> It will start right of with a Pikmin 4 gameplay trailer, after that, Miyamoto will be talking about the games development, he will ten announce the Pikmin Trilogy. Both games are set to release Early 2019
> Next is New Super Mario Bros.3, the characters are planned to be, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad, and Wario. They are still working on 2 more characters wich might be Waluigi and Rosalina. Peach will be kidnapped again so she won't be playable. New Super Luigi.2 is also pallned to release too. NSMB.3 will releases October 26th 2018 and NSL.2 will release Holiday
> Next is a NEW Mario Maker, it will have way more stuff and what will happen is, if your at home, you build on the switch not on the tv with your joycons, then you put it on the tv and finish off the level. If your on the go, you do the same thing except you keep on going to finish the level. It will releases Holiday.
> Diablo 3, 2019
> SNES Remix, 2019
> Tomodachi World, 2019
> Mario 64 switch, 2019
> Smash Bros. Ultimate announcement, Story Mode trailer and then King K Rool and Dixie Kong trailer.

Near rehash of another direct "leak", but was different enough for me to include it. My wallet is screaming at the thought of things like Nintendo Land 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Mario 64 Switch all coming to Switch though.
Hello, I have a close friend who works in a translating team here in Nintendo of America. He and a couple others are in charge with translating the Snake codecs and Palutena's Guidances. Upon their work as translators they have found data for 10 fighters. My friend gave me the info and here are the character's:
{Simon Belmont}
{Dixie Kong}
{King K. Rool}
{Ashley}
{Amaturasu}
{Ninten}
{Chrono}
{Isaac}

{Impa}*
{Black Shadow}*

Interesting enough framing device, and Chrono is a new suggestion, but without any evidence I'm skeptical.
My room mate works in the graphics team for Smash Ultimate and he told me some characters arriving for the game.

>Ninten (Mother)
>Heihachi (Tekken)
>Ribbon Girl (Arms

He also said about a new storyline for the game (like subspace) that will come to the game, he told me about this because he worked on that part of the game. You guys may think this is bull**** but its more than true.

Another kind of interesting framing device, and another story mode would be nice.

You know how Sakurai said your roster starts off as small as the original? Guess how you unlock the rest? Through a new story mode. It's a sequel to the subspace emissary. Through each mission you unlock one or more characters in the order of their appearances in Smash. Some characters, such as Doctor Mario, will not appear and you'll have to unlock them through completing certain challenges in the story mode. The big bads are Ridley, King K Rool, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Doctor Eggman, and the Octolings. If I had to compare this mode to anything else in all of literature, it'd be the infinity war of videogames.

I'm also making some changes to the Count that I'll be telling you guys about soon, so look forward to that.
They are pretty awful, the first one would be the most believable because is the less crazy, specially because it doesn't risks saying anything about smash except that it would be talked.
But yeah, still the fakes are bad.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think it could very easily be done.
Spiked Walls that only characters like :ultmewtwo::ultpalutena: and :ultzelda: can warp past with their up specials, Elemental Barriers that need to be hit by that same element in order to get past, Speed Challenges only fast characters like :ultfalcon: and :ultsonic: can complete, switches you need :ultpit:'s arrows in order to hit, that kind of thing.
Absolutely 100% down for that.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
This is actually a brilliant idea. It depends on wether or not they do it as a Story mode thing or a separate mode.

WIl it be Metroidvania or will they do it in a more linear version of it, kinda like Fusion.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

3DS:

Switch:

then some minecraft ****

> Diablo 3, 2019
> SNES Remix, 2019
> Tomodachi World, 2019
> Mario 64 switch, 2019

{Simon Belmont}
{Dixie Kong}
{King K. Rool}
{Ashley}
{Amaturasu}
{Ninten}
{Chrono}
{Isaac}

{Impa}*
{Black Shadow}*

>Ninten (Mother)
>Heihachi (Tekken)
>Ribbon Girl (Arms

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2? Really? Even Nintendo knows they made a mistake with that game. after the poor sales, they arn't making another.
Welp. Nothing seemingly interesting this time around

blackghost

Smash Champion
I want :ultbayonetta: and:ultzss: to confront :ultridley:

Only for :ultbayonetta: to push :ultzss: out of the way and deal with :ultridley: with one summon and or torture attack

as cool as this may seem in our heads if you make these big events in a story AND want the characters to stay true to themselves unless huge dev time is used on them. there's nothing in the past SSE or that could reasonably be created that Bayonetta and cloud together couldn't handle with ease. ridley vs Bayonetta in canon is not a fair fight at all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It also doesn't help that Ridley is more savage than Bowser and Dr. Wily. Of course, you do have to wonder how everyone else would've handled the Ridley situation; for one example, Rosalina could sense Ridley's presence, and evade his attacks.
Since she’s god like (or is a god), Rosalina would’ve been a better pick than Mario
Fair enough.

I hope the matchups reflect the trailer.
Mario and Mega Man mains wouldn’t approve
Wario could've just farted, and Ridley would be so disgusted he would just turn back.
I'm being realistic here. Oh yeah, Totally.
Seems legit
I mean, Mario I can agree with you on, but Mega could very easily hold his own against Ridley canonically.
With someone as sneaky and smart as Ridley, maybe not (he definitely wouldn’t have been taken out so quickly if Ridley was on his turf)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know what.

Just make a Smash Bros anime with a completely different team.

I’m no business person, but it would be epic if there was one where they can put a lot of effort into battles and creating a fully fleshed out story with the roster without worrying about the game.

I thought they were going to make one while I was watching the Palutena trailer for the first time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom