• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I find it interesting that the stream starts roughly around the time blog updates usually happen.
I was just about to point that out.

It's the only thin making me question if this really is nothing more than the tournament...

But I still mostly think that's all it will be.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If there is a character reveal at the tournament (which I'm assuming there won't be), I'd imagine it would be for a character that is requested more in Japan than anywhere else.

Like (I think) Shulk was.
Shulk was pretty popular in Japan. His reveal was also to tie in with the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D though.

If we get a reveal at the Jump Victory Carnival, my bets are on Goku, Lip, Ashley, or obscurer characters like Saber or Reimu. The former two have "leaks" vying for them.

There's also the extension to the reported "codename leak" that says "King," "Doll," and "Soul" will be revealed tonight, so keep your eyes open for that as well.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Shulk was pretty popular in Japan. His reveal was also to tie in with the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D though.

If we get a reveal at the Jump Victory Carnival, my bets are on Goku, Lip, Ashley, or obscurer characters like Saber or Reimu. The former two have "leaks" vying for them.
Out of those 5, I'd assume Ashley would make the most sense to tie in with the upcoming release of WarioWare Gold.
But Smash is the most unpredictable thing in the world, so...

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
That stock image of a stagelight kinda ruins it for me.
The fact that the stage light on the right is one of the cheap replica things from Color Splash is an amusing reference though, like, so, it’s so cheap that they couldn’t even get two real stock images :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we got Goku revealed. I'm popping popcorn.

Though I don't think he has a real chance of getting in(or at least severely slim), I'd still love Super Saiyan Hair for the Mii costumes. Or even some of the canon suits, like the Frieza Army battle suit that was rather iconic to Vegeta's first design.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lip or Ashley seems likely if there is anything. And that's a hecking big if.

Also on that Paper Mario Poster, love how Ridley is rendered as a papercraft.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright everyone, a new week of updates is starting! Let's play a game.
You have five guesses, try and pick the characters that will be on the blog this week. Next weekend we'll see who was closest!

Winner gets ten internet cookies and Psychic typing.

My bets are:
:ultpikachu::ultvillager::ultpacman::ultbowser::ultwolf:

And
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultkirby::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley:
have already been shown.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, so how do you paperify Mr. Game And Watch?
Add a white outline BAM, done.

So will the characters being shown off be the same ones that were in the E3 build?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Quick question unrelated to the topic.

Is there any way to look back the Support Threads for Smash 4? I want to learn more about how it was like during the Smash 4 Days.

In terms of the Potential reveal today, I don’t think Ashley and Lip are getting in, so at this point I’m going for Elma since Xenoblade Chronicles X was BIG in Japan.

But that’s a big “if”.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quick question unrelated to the topic.

Is there any way to look back the Support Threads for Smash 4? I want to learn more about how it was like during the Smash 4 Days.

In terms of the Potential reveal today, I don’t think Ashley and Lip are getting in, so at this point I’m going for Elma since Xenoblade Chronicles X was BIG in Japan.
Here and scroll down. https://smashboards.com/forums/character-discussion.291/

And if your spirit can take it, the Brawl ones.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I never played Sonic R and F-Zero

F-Zero is on the GBA?
Yeah, Maximum Velocity. It's controls are very similar to the original SNES one.
There was also one called "GP Legend" (which was based off the anime) that was only released in Japan, but I haven't played that one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I never played Sonic R and F-Zero

F-Zero is on the GBA?
They released a few of them - Maximum Velocity was a launch title, and F-Zero GP Legend was based on the anime. (there was also an updated version of the last one that was Japan-only, I believe)

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Looks cool, SMT has piqued my interest for a while now and these protags look like they'd be neat for Smash. BTW which SMT game would you recommend as an entry to the series? I wanna get hyped for SMT V.
Honestly, if you haven't played the Persona series, that is a GREAT starting point.
It'll teach you the basics of exploiting weaknesses on top of having a TON of production value and being a great time all around.

As for a mainline entry, I got started with Nocturne. It's battle system is probably what'll be used for SMTV as was used (with some modifications) in IV.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
F-Zero is on the GBA?
Do your reasearch.
The anime existed for a reason, and the GBA games were that reason

"GP Legend" (which was based off the anime)
F-Zero GP Legend was based on the anime.
So I guess Roy makes him a Smash-exclusive because he was a promotional character before FE6.

1518386893865.jpg

GP Legend the game was created before the anime, but the anime was created and aired months before the actual game to promote it because of GP Legend's lore-based story.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
So I guess Roy makes him a Smash-exclusive because he was a promotional character before FE6.

View attachment 153312

GP Legend the game was created before the anime, but the anime was created and aired months before the actual game to promote it because of GP Legend's lore-based story.
I just Googled "GP Legend" to make sure I got the name right and that's what the data on the right said, alright?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
You have five guesses, try and pick the characters that will be on the blog this week. Next weekend we'll see who was closest!

My bets are:

And
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultkirby::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley:
have already been shown.
My guesses:

:ultwolf::ultluigi::ultdiddy::ultcloud::ultvillager:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

My bets are:

And
have already been shown.
Here's my shot at it:
:ultsamus::ultzelda::ultpacman::ultwolf::ultlittlemac:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Was this posted? if not take a look at this amazing fan-made poster for Paper Mario

Reddit post: https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8z4ycf/fanmade_poster_paper_mario/
Yay, I love it, especially Paper Bayonetta and Ridley, and this Paper Yoshi looks better than the official Paper Yoshi.

My bets are:

And
have already been shown.
Ummm...

:ultcloud::ultbowser::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultyoshi:?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

My bets are:

And
have already been shown.
Inevitably wrong prediction: :ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultjigglypuff::ultfalcon::ultbayonetta:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I hate Mii costumes, but I'd love the Frieza battle suits. Imagine the meme material, like Mii-Nappa.

In all honesty, despite how much some people hate the idea, I wouldn't mind if pre-DBZ Goku made it into Ultimate (NOT Kid Goku). His moveset could implement the Power Pole, and he could just use the Kamehameha for his final smash instead of going Super Saiyan. This way, you could use the version that everybody recognizes (just from a different time in the show), while still staying true to the character. Super Saiyan Goku would be too over-powered for Smash, and his form wouldn't fit in with the new final smashes (he'd basically be another Super Sonic).

Say "b-b-but he originated from ANIME" all you want. I personally can't stand anime characters (well, modern anime characters) the most here, but Goku just works and makes sense. He's not some stupid femboy like most male anime characters these days (although his Japanese VA is female). He's iconic, and aside from Dragon Ball, he represents a whole entire sub-genre of fighting games. Dragon Ball has also had titles on Nintendo consoles since the FAMICOM (he's even on the front side of the box of a special edition gold Famicom Mini releasing in Japan). Sure, it'd break the whole "only video game characters in Smash" thing, but since when has that been a strict rule? Sakurai has been known to change his mind, and let's not forget, James ****ing Bond was planned to be a character for Smash 64 (and possibly even Melee). Goku would fit in way better alongside characters like Mario and Cloud, and his inclusion wouldn't mean he'd open the gates for more anime characters (like people keep suggesting), he'd simply be a "single strike of lightning" deal, kinda like how people viewed Cloud when he was originally announced.

And last but not least, Sean Schemmel's beautiful voice in a Smash game. We could even get his King Kai voice for Snake Codec-style telepathy conversations.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

My bets are:

And
have already been shown.
I'm ready to be a Ralts
:ultpikachu::ultvillager::ultmewtwo::ultzelda::ultcloud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom