• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Jeez, no need to be an *** about it.

Of course "nobody is deserving of a spot on the roster", but if any person were to ever break the "rule" of "no non-game characters" in Smash, it would be Goku. The reason why it wouldn't be Mickey Mouse or Batman (great choices, by the way) is because neither of them represent a whole sub-genre of fighting games like Goku does. It's like you didn't even read what I said.

Smash, regardless of what Sakurai wants to call it, is a fighting game. Including Goku makes sense as he has a series of fighting games that have been on Nintendo consoles for years. Yes, Dragon Ball originated as a manga/TV show, but if anyone who originated from outside of video games would make it in, the likeliest candidate is Goku.
I'm not being a butt, just stating my opinion on the matter

What is this series of fighting games you keep mentioning? Arena fighters? We have Cloud who's been a mainstay in Dissidia and heck Pokken tournament exists.

If there'd be another representative for fighting games it would presumably be someone akin to Heihachi Mishima.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Besides Simon Belmont an Heihachi Mishima, I'm curious what are most likely the most popular Japan originating third party characters and games. Any input on this?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I asked this earlier today and I think the thread was moving too fast for anyone to really notice it, but what's everybody's thoughs on Dynasty/Samurai Warriors characters. I'm not sure whether they would count as video game characters since they are based on historical figures. These days, especially in the gaming community, I think they are much more widely known for their appearance in the Warriors series.

I know Koei has a good relationship with Nintendo and I'd love to see a Warriors character get in. As low of a chance as that might be, I can't deny it would be awesome to play as Lu Bu in Smash.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Yo sorry for the inconvenience but could someone please drop a link on where to watch the stream tonight, I don't know where to find it

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got spooked, they randomly started playing that Tennis Aces commercial where Mario is against that one tennis dude whose name escapes me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Stream just went live, but it looks like it's just showing trailers right now.

D

Deleted member

I'll hopefully get some time to check it out later. Thanks for the link.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
They never released a new demo build of smash 4 so I doubt it's going to happen with smash ultimate sadly.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think this commercial is basically just a Nintendo Switch commercial about having fun in the Summer.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
They're showing a Japanese family playing their Switch on a trip.

Traditional Japanese Family confirmed for Ultimate, guys.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Human Fall Flat on Switch, Celeste on Switch... and etc other indie game on Switch commercial.

Right back into a Tennis Aces commercial starring Koopa.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I asked this earlier today and I think the thread was moving too fast for anyone to really notice it, but what's everybody's thoughs on Dynasty/Samurai Warriors characters. I'm not sure whether they would count as video game characters since they are based on historical figures. These days, especially in the gaming community, I think they are much more widely known for their appearance in the Warriors series.

I know Koei has a good relationship with Nintendo and I'd love to see a Warriors character get in. As low of a chance as that might be, I can't deny it would be awesome to play as Lu Bu in Smash.
If anything, they'd sooner use Opoona (or Ryu and maybe even Ayame on the Tecmo side), as minor as he is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys have fun the stream. Can't wait to see all the disappointment. :yeahboi:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Porkymen Let's GO Rodent and Fox Trailer, same one as always.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Captain Kinopio except with the dudes who played the indie games earlier haha
Followed by more Labo stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom