• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
God I really hope the new Pokémon character isn't Decidueye.

I'd much rather see an UB.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

I’d also like Bandana Waddle Dee and Simon, but I’m sure they’ll be in anyway.
Shadow (Sonic Semi-Clone), followed closely by Dixie.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

I believe my answer is obvious.
Seriously i'm glad Ashley is in so many leaks, people are finally realizing her potential!
(Yes I know her being in leaks doesn't mean she's in the game. Just let me be happy, ya kill-joys.)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
1531243440731s.jpg

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
God I really hope the new Pokémon character isn't Decidueye.

I'd much rather see an UB.
I agree, the Ultra Beasts are so unique it'd be a shame to not have them in this game.
However, I would settle for them being Pokeball Pokemon. New Beast Ball item?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
"Leak" 3:

> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.
> FFVII remake coming to Switch and a new F-Zero game/GX port

O O F

I would love those but we all know those aren’t happening ever ;-;

Much less so Cuphead coming to Switch, or Fallout representation in Smash, again regardless of how much I’d like to see those happen

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I agree, the Ultra Beasts are so unique it'd be a shame to not have them in this game.
I'd love to see Buzzwole or Pheromosa.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's not enough Ultra Beasts to warrant implementing a Beast Ball item. And no, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are not categorized as Ultra Beasts.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Honestly, Inklings and Ridley were the only newcomers I desperately wanted to see in Smash. Now that we have those two, I'm not gonna shed tears if the rest of the characters on my wanted list don't get in.

Although, to answer your question, I'd want Bandana Dee, Dixie, and Isabelle in that exact order. Don't particularly care for the rest (Actually, there's a few on that list who I hope don't make it into Smash).

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

"Leak" 1:

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

"Leak" 2:

"Leak" 3:

"Leak" 4:

-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix

"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Bonus "leak" 1:

> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers

Bonus "leak" 2:

Gosh how high is Metal Mario on that list of "leaked" newcomers? I feel like everyone is including him (it?) and I have no idea why.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what I want? I want Donkey Kong to have actual ****ing fur. That flat texture really ain't doing it for me. And don't say you can't do it. I've played Tropical Freeze. THREE TIMES.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Gosh how high is Metal Mario on that list of "leaked" newcomers? I feel like everyone is including him (it?) and I have no idea why.
When I see people suggest Metal Mario and Ninten as Echo Fighters, I think...

"Guys! I think we've been sleeping on an Echo Fighter!

KEEBY!

What do you mean 'Why do you want this guy, he only appeared in one game 24 years ago'? What do you mean 'He looks just like Kirby, it'd make Kirby/Keeby matches confusing'? He makes perfect sense! He can do everything Kirby can do!"

This is sarcasm, I don't actually want Keeby (besides, we already have him).

Link to the image just in case it's not showing up.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...all_in_slam_land_coming_to_switch_this_august

Well, it looks like a new Smash imitator is coming. This one's apparently about slam dunking opponents, literally.
Another inferior copy...these fools will never learn that they can’t replicate the magic of Smash
You know what I want? I want Donkey Kong to have actual ****ing fur. That flat texture really ain't doing it for me. And don't say you can't do it. I've played Tropical Freeze. THREE TIMES.
I don’t care for the fur, I care more about him having his cartoony voice (or atleast the voice he had in the DKC show)

R.O.B.B.E.D

Smash Rookie
A few characters that I really wanted playable have been confirmed to be assist trophies (I am sure I am not alone in feeling this disappointment). While I am happy these characters get some representation, getting their assist trophies is only an occasional thing.

I was thinking that Ultimate could create a special mode where players can choose an assist trophy character to participate in the entire match. Not a playable character, but an obstacle/challenge that could make for some cool themes.

For example, if I wanted to do a Zelda themed match, I could select Ghirahim and Midna's assist trophies to participate in a match between Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It’s between Bandana Dee and Ashley, I’d also LOVE Dixie to be playable.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I was watching a Zelda vs Ridley match and I noticed Ridley had hit Zelda’s Phantom twice and it did nothing to it. However, even a grab or landed attack on Zelda will make the Phantom collapse, even if it was already fully charged and just waiting to attack.

It seems like the Phantom is invincible, but attacking or grabbing Zelda breaks her “concentration” on the Phantom.

See here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtY6DGrSKJo

KMDP

Smash Legend
Another inferior copy...these fools will never learn that they can’t replicate the magic of Smash
In other words:
They're not even good enough to be called Smash's fake

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would legit give Sakurai all of the money I currently have to see Decidueye in Smash.
Bandana Dee and K. Rool would be great, and Ashley would be pretty neat too. Don't care too much for the rest (I actively don't want Geno, Isabelle, and Shadow)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know I’ve seen leaks saying that there’s gonna be a Wario character that isn’t Ashley, just gonna say if that were to happen, fans in Japan would probably not be too happy...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A few characters that I really wanted playable have been confirmed to be assist trophies (I am sure I am not alone in feeling this disappointment). While I am happy these characters get some representation, getting their assist trophies is only an occasional thing.

I was thinking that Ultimate could create a special mode where players can choose an assist trophy character to participate in the entire match. Not a playable character, but an obstacle/challenge that could make for some cool themes.

For example, if I wanted to do a Zelda themed match, I could select Ghirahim and Midna's assist trophies to participate in a match between Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
That would be horrible. Imagine choosing Andross, Pong, and Squid Sisters. The screen is zoomed in and projectiles are flying everywhere. You wouldn't be able to have a decent fight. Or Lyn samurai slashing every five seconds? That's unbalanced for your opponent.

No thank you.

Also I made on of those character sheets:
Untitled drawing (1).png

I think we're largely set on prominent first party Nintendo characters, so I really want hype inducing third-parties.

You know I’ve seen leaks saying that there’s gonna be a Wario character that isn’t Ashley, just gonna say if that were to happen, fans in Japan would probably not be too happy...
I've only ever seen one leak with a Warioware character other than Ashley. If you see anymore please send them my way.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

Bandana Waddle Dee is my most wanted smash character so obviously him! :) aside from that i'd really enjoy Isabelle, and Geno! And i'm interested in how ashley and simon would fight too!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I was watching a Zelda vs Ridley match and I noticed Ridley had hit Zelda’s Phantom twice and it did nothing to it. However, even a grab or landed attack on Zelda will make the Phantom collapse, even if it was already fully charged and just waiting to attack.

It seems like the Phantom is invincible, but attacking or grabbing Zelda breaks her “concentration” on the Phantom.

See here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtY6DGrSKJo
That was a good Ridley fight in general. I love watching people who are competent at Smash play Ridley. Seen way to many people just fall off the stage as Ridley because they don't know how to play smash lol

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Courtesy of my awful image editing skills, here is my redone version of that "template" done earlier:
card.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I have to ask, why would it upset you if only one Champion got in as a playable character? All four of them have equal importance, and all four have moveset potential that would make for some pretty unique characters. I don't care that much for Urbosa, but I wouldn't want Mipha holding her back just because the Champions are always seen as some type of bundled four-pack. Urbosa by herself would be a pretty cool addition.

For me, this feels similar to leaving out Decidueye because it wouldn't be fair to Incineroar and Primarina. I obviously have a preference with starter Pokémon and Champions, but if Sakurai thinks one is more unique than the others, I say he should go for it.
A lot of it is hypocrisy, not gonna lie...

Still, in game they all did act as a four-pack, so I would like to see all four of them together. If only one were playable, and the rest were just trophies, it'd make it seem like there was one 'more deserving' than the others...I don't put too much stock in "oh, we need a representative of this moveset," so it would come off as a character promotion. I think the coolest thing would be to make them all playable - they are the best one-off characters we've gotten since Midna - but I feel people would be up in arms about four new Zelda reps. Zelda should get a character that isn't a version of Link, Zelda, or Captain Falcon by now, but even as much as Midna has enduring popularity, she got an assist again. The champions are a bit recent to build that same level of popularity as well.

Mainly why I'd want them to be semi-clone DLC. Urbosa and Link don't fight a thing alike, but everyone's latching onto "she uses a sword and shield! Link clone!". Ditto Daruk and Ike/Cloud. Mipha's got a unique weapon, but in game it comes off that Animal Crossing's Isabelle is more of a fighter than she is (and Mipha's personality just grates me, to be honest). Not that I wouldn't like to see her, I'd just be annoyed if she were the only BotW Champion 'rep' since I find the others more interesting characters. Still, all four playable would be a dream come true.

This is one of the main reasons I'd love BotW Hyrule Warriors DLC, since there we could get all four champions with full representation (and a new adventure mode map). That'd also let them keep popularity for a while as well.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
God, I've seen far too many of these smash templates that my eyes have glazed over watching them.

... won't stop me from spending an hour making my own though!
Smash Most and Least Wanted.png

R.O.B.B.E.D

Smash Rookie
That would be horrible. Imagine choosing Andross, Pong, and Squid Sisters. The screen is zoomed in and projectiles are flying everywhere. You wouldn't be able to have a decent fight. Or Lyn samurai slashing every five seconds? That's unbalanced for your opponent.

No thank you.
There are some horrible special matches you can make in Ultimate too. It would be about adding a level of absurdity, randomness, and uniqueness. You'd be able to pick the assist trophy, so you can avoid the ones you don't want. And in this mode, the assist trophies would effect all players or each player can choose an assist trophy for their side. Link with Midna vs Ganandorf with Ghirahim would be pretty neat.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Bonus "leak" 1:
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes.
Honestly I'm putting most of my trust into this one, unlike 99% of the other leaks that you've shown in this thread, this one is blunt and straight to the point, much like other text leaks that were proven true (such as the one that was posted prior to Ultimate's E3 reveal that got its details correct.) I'd say keeping an eye on this one would be recommended.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Man, looks like Mario and Luigi have to fix a lot of these leaks. They will be pretty busy this summer.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Andross, Pong and Squid Sisters on nonstop sounds like the new comp ruleset tbh.

Also if in the unlikely situation sakurai was playing the master plan with Waluigi. How would it feel to *Those* waluigi fans? Would they feel like the biggest royal idiot in the world after all that?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Bandwagons? I love bandwagons!
bandwagon.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Decided to make a new avatar to showcase my support for a certain character.
Sorry Marina avatar, I'll improve you at some point down the line and come back to you after speculation period is over.

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
Can someone fill me in on why the Chorus Kids are so heavily requested? IIRC the character from Rhythm Heaven everyone wanted to see was Karate Joe and the Chorus Kids support thread was only posted after the Gematsu leak.
These are your new fighters:

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Buzzwole or Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. Chorus Kids
7. Beedle
8. Geno
9. Belmont

Your welcome.
1. It's about time!
2. Oh that's pretty cool
3. I haven't played a Xenoblade game
4. Buzzwole? I mean, okay...
5. Uh... cool?
6. ****in
7. 10/10 joke
8. YESSSSSS
9. Awesome but I never bear Castlevania lol

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

King K Rool. The Rare DK games hold a special place in my heart (especially DK 64).

After that, I'd like Dixie, Bandanna Dee, and Ashley - in that order.

I'm indifferent to the other characters listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom