• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of people with new tricks:

:ultness: my boy
So we're back to before Smash 4 in regards to how Ness charges his down smash, and presumably his up smash as well. A good tool to guard the ledge directly while charging. And with charge time for Smash attacks becoming much longer, there's a bit more benefit to using the move that way.

Yeah, Ness looks as awesome as ever.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
No one is saying people are not allowed to not like things, it's just gonna start arguments that really didn't need to happen.
That's really that person's fault for letting it get to them.

Perfect example, Mimikyu is my number one desired now that I got Ridley. I'll defend Mimikyu's chances and explain to people why it would be a good choice. However I know @Lampy dislikes Mimikyu (and that's definitely putting it lightly). I'd like to think that we never start arguements over it, I just understand he does not want Mimikyu in the game.

Basically it's a game and people should not get upset that someone else doesn't want their character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Skull Kid, possibly, but none really have a lot of a chance. Impa’d make a good Sheik echo as well.

I’d love Urbosa, but I can’t see them only taking one champion since all four are equally important. Plus, even the devs have different favorites. Either make all four, or none (or Urbosa - I’m hypocritical enough to be okay with that). I’d be really salty if they only picked one and left the others with nothing, particularly one without a good characterization or who just gets in on “muh moveset” or “muh recency”
I have to ask, why would it upset you if only one Champion got in as a playable character? All four of them have equal importance, and all four have moveset potential that would make for some pretty unique characters. I don't care that much for Urbosa, but I wouldn't want Mipha holding her back just because the Champions are always seen as some type of bundled four-pack. Urbosa by herself would be a pretty cool addition.

For me, this feels similar to leaving out Decidueye because it wouldn't be fair to Incineroar and Primarina. I obviously have a preference with starter Pokémon and Champions, but if Sakurai thinks one is more unique than the others, I say he should go for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit was supposed to be one. That's how I pictured him pre-Brawl. But then Sakurai had him split his bow into two smaller blades.
Then Daddy Sakurai took Pit even further by giving him an arsenal of weapons to use (both in Smash and his own series)...I guess Sakurai doesn’t want a unique archer
You can look up Hawkeye or Brawlhalla’s bows
Hawkeye then decided to use more than a bow after some time
For unique? Skull Kid. He's a bit more than a one-off AND he's stood the test of time and become somewhat iconic AND his remake was right around the time of the project plan. If we get a Zelda newcomer I'd bet on him.
Hands down Impa. Makes too much sense as a Shiek echo.

She's one of the three newcomers I have full confidence in (Dixie and Bandana Dee are the others).
Are you guys sure y’all wouldn’t want Linkle instead...:troll:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
That's really that person's fault for letting it get to them.

Perfect example, Mimikyu is my number one desired now that I got Ridley. I'll defend Mimikyu's chances and explain to people why it would be a good choice. However I know @Lampy dislikes Mimikyu (and that's definitely putting it lightly). I'd like to think that we never start arguements over it, I just understand he does not want Mimikyu in the game.

Basically it's a game and people should not get upset that someone else doesn't want their character.
You know what, fair enough, you're right.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Beedle is the kind of character that if he got in, people would exclaim how he was a shoe-in, easily guessable (while at the same time not guessing him) because he's been a long time staple of the series, in the latest game, ect., ect.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Beedle is the kind of character that if he got in, people would exclaim how he was a shoe-in, easily guessable (while at the same time not guessing him) because he's been a long time staple of the series, in the latest game, ect., ect.
Yeah the issue is HE'S A FLIPPING SHOPKEEPER.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Since everyone else is doing it:
Small.png

I'm sure this is going to be unpopular, but I don't want Shovel Knight.
Also, I just realized that almost all of my "dreamlist" characters are already in Smash. That's awesome!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You know what, fair enough, you're right.
And I will also say that is has to be fair on the other person's side, for example Lampy (I won't tag you twice to annoy you lol) hardly goes out of his way to bully Mimikyu fans or is ever really rude about not wanting it in the game.

So really as long as no one is a jerk we should be good!....But it is the internet XD

Edit: Also how the heck did we get started on Beedle?! I mean...sure??? I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be salty he got in instead of a Champion/any other great Zelda character.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I like how people talked about verlisify while forgetting to mention he defends nazis as seen with his tweets about Charlotesville.

Also Skull Kid would be neat
Who follows Verlisify though? :laugh:

I probably would have mentioned that but thankfully I value my sanity enough to avoid people like him on twitter.
These are your new fighters:

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Buzzwole or Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. Chorus Kids
7. Beedle
8. Geno
9. Belmont

Your welcome.
1. Neat.
2. Ok.
3. Lets go!
4. Why hath Sakurai forsaken me.
5. Ok.
6. Ok.
7. Who?
8. Neat.
9. Depends on design and moveset.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
So we're back to before Smash 4 in regards to how Ness charges his down smash, and presumably his up smash as well. A good tool to guard the ledge directly while charging. And with charge time for Smash attacks becoming much longer, there's a bit more benefit to using the move that way.

Yeah, Ness looks as awesome as ever.
The fact you can charge smash attacks even longer now is no doubt on some random occasion catch some people off guard.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
smashultimate.png

Looks like this template is going around, so lemme throw mine into the ring. Rate and hate, boys.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
There's something Smash related will be shown in 5 days. I hope there will be something new. Sorry if i'm late, lol

D

Deleted member

There's something Smash related will be shown in 5 days. I hope there will be something new. Sorry if i'm late, lol

We went over it several times.
It's just a competition they're livestreaming, probably no news.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Buzzwole or Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. Chorus Kids
7. Beedle
8. Geno
9. Belmont

Your welcome.
1. Eh, why not.
2. Sure.
3. HECKIN’ YAAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!! :colorful:
4. Meh
5. Oh please no
6. Sure, a rhythm based fighter seems neat
7. Who?
8. Meh
9. Yessssss!

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I am mostly ambivlent on zelda as a whole but I'd love to see classic ganon or Vaati in. I don't really play shiek so im not too hyped for a shiek-style character like Impa again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Buzzwole or Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. Chorus Kids
7. Beedle
8. Geno
9. Belmont

Your welcome.
  1. "Oh, cool!"
  2. "Meh, whatever."
  3. "Pretty cool I guess."
  4. Buzzwole: "Eh, at least it's not Mimikyu or Lycanroc."
    Decidueye: "**** YEAH!!!!"
  5. "Meh."
  6. "Neat, I guess."
  7. "Bleh..."
  8. "Eh, pretty cool."

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So I saw many moons (aka pages) ago that people were talking about trying to find new topics to discuss so we don't keep coming back to the same points over and over and over and over and over again.

So here's something I haven't seen anybody talk about: Blaziken as a Falcon Echo.

Considering it's vast popularity but also vast similarity to the Captain, and with Ganondorf being further decloned, do you think that Blaziken could pull a Daisy and finally get it's day in Smash?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Buzzwole or Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. Chorus Kids
7. Beedle
8. Geno
9. Belmont

Your welcome.
  1. Hope it's how he looked before, the Mii costume does bode well for that.
  2. Okay.
  3. I haven't played that game.
  4. I have said it before, but Buzzwole better play like Fishbunjin.
  5. Okay.
  6. Excellent.
  7. I usually like the character reveals that cause a weird schism in the playerbase, this would probably one of them.
  8. [M. Bison saying YES!]
  9. Cool

kylexv

Smash Master

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I was honest about my least wanted newcomers on mine, it'd probably have been Rabbids / Steve from Minecraft instead of Shrekarot

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

I’d also like Bandana Waddle Dee and Simon, but I’m sure they’ll be in anyway.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

I’d also like Bandana Waddle Dee and Simon, but I’m sure they’ll be in anyway.
I'm split between Dixie and Elma, both are my most wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom