• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I already made mine (Actually I made the template as well so you're welcome), so here it is:
ItIJD9a.jpg

The quality is lower cause I did it in my spare time on my IPhone but I never expected the template to get this popular! I'm happy to see everyone's enjoyed it!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh geez, the template meme? At least I made mine like a week before it was brought up.

template s.png

To clarify a few things:

Just because I don't want something doesn't mean I don't think it's possible. It's just something I don't want. It's not about probability, it's an opinion.

1. If Captain Toad gets in, fine. If he gets in and jumps while he has a backpack on, ooo boy I'll be mad.

2. Isabelle is more of a supporter than a fighter, I believe. While Villager was just lacking content at the time I believe, Isabelle is a pacifist. Why would you put someone to who doesn't wish to put harm playable to harm others ya big goof?

3. I don't like Xenoblade 2. Just me.

4. Hector is like the only Fire Emblem character I can see that doesn't get immediate outrage because of it being Fire Emblem. It's less of my bias (which I definitely have I wanna ****ing axe people) and more a softer blow to Fire Emblem supporters from literally everyone else.

5. Pokemon and Zelda, while great, I'd rather lay back on the characters, at least until DLC. The reason being is that there's a lot of other characters you could pull from new series, old series, series with less characters (say Donkey Kong), you get the gist.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I already made mine (Actually I made the template as well so you're welcome), so here it is:
View attachment 152445
The quality is lower cause I did it in my spare time on my IPhone but I never expected the template to get this popular! I'm happy to see everyone's enjoyed it!
What app did you use for iPhone? I can’t use the computer atm so I may throw something together on that app if you used such

Oh geez, the template meme? At least I made mine like a week before it was brought up.

View attachment 152442

To clarify a few things:

Just because I don't want something doesn't mean I don't think it's possible. It's just something I don't want. It's not about probability, it's an opinion.

1. If Captain Toad gets in, fine. If he gets in and jumps while he has a backpack on, ooo boy I'll be mad.

2. Isabelle is more of a supporter than a fighter, I believe. While Villager was just lacking content at the time I believe, Isabelle is a pacifist. Why would you put someone to who doesn't wish to put harm playable to harm others ya big goof?

3. I don't like Xenoblade 2. Just me.

4. Hector is like the only Fire Emblem character I can see that doesn't get immediate outrage because of it being Fire Emblem. It's less of my bias (which I definitely have I wanna ****ing axe people) and more a softer blow to Fire Emblem supporters from literally everyone else.

5. Pokemon and Zelda, while great, I'd rather lay back on the characters, at least until DLC. The reason being is that there's a lot of other characters you could pull from new series, old series, series with less characters (say Donkey Kong), you get the gist.
Elma’s from Xenoblade X, not 2.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.
Leak 3 said:
> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off
I wanna believe it so badly...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

I’d also like Bandana Waddle Dee and Simon, but I’m sure they’ll be in anyway.

I'll take any at this point, but if I really had to pick one, I'd go with Simon.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What app did you use for iPhone? I can’t use the computer atm so I may throw something together on that app if you used such

Elma’s from Xenoblade X, not 2.
For images I may need to make in a pinch I typically use https://imgflip.com/, only when I'm on my phone though.

Otherwise I use Adobe Photoshop on Windows 10.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.
Honestly, leak 4 seems the most likely just because of how sparse and, well, realistic it is

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Dream: if Eggman gets in, he has alts based on his other incarnations. (There're three links for those on Mobile)

The Impossible Dream: This as his Final Smash.
This image must be so weird out of context. XD

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The original project plan is not a Bible.
It isn't set in stone. Plans can change.

Just because a character got big after 2015 does not mean that their chances are eliminated, especially if they're an echo that can be quickly whipped up within a week.
Plans change, but removing or altering existing content is one thing, adding new content mid-development is another thing entirely, especially content as major as a new playable character. From Sakurai's words, a unique newcomer can take over a year to create, that is not something you can just squeeze into the existing developmental plans and budget. The only case of a non-clone being added mid-development in Smash history is Sonic in Brawl, who had the special circumstances of being an originally planned third party that was initially denied for Smash and being the most demanded character for Brawl by far, as well as being ****ing Sonic. And just Sonic's inclusion was enough to delay the game, no character that wasn't originally planned for can be remotely expected to get the same treatment Sonic did, so their chances are effectively eliminated for the base game. Additionally it's the age of DLC, why try rushing such a character into the game mid-development and delay your game or jeopardize other existing content when you can just save them for DLC? If DLC was possible on the Wii, Sonic probably would have been held off for it in Brawl, but since it wasn't he had to be rushed in mid-development or else there would have been no Sonic at all in Brawl.

Now Echoes and Melee-style clones are possible mid-development, but besides Octolings no notable post-2015 character can be fit into such a role and who knows how late they really can get decided. Plus again the DLC factor means such a character can be put off to DLC to get the full newcomer treatment instead of trying to shoehorn them in into a Echo/clone role.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am curious why XC2 is so disliked around here...on most other platforms (including Twitter) it seems to be the converse, people loved 2 but hated X

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I am curious why XC2 is so disliked around here...on most other platforms (including Twitter) it seems to be the converse, people loved 2 but hated X
I really disliked character designs and voice acting. Couldn’t get into it because of that

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't know how to use photoshop so....
Main: Palutena/Pichu
Secondaries: Sheik, Pokemon Trainer

Most wanted:
1. Mimikyu
2. Ashley
3. Elma
4. Viridi

Least wanted:
1. Rayman
2. Rabbids
3. Steve

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Some people can't get over the designs and/or voice acting. I am a super weeb so I didn't mind them and actually liked the look of the game. It does get really annoying though if I express joy over the game and someone comes in and writes 5 paragraphs explaining why liking or not caring about things in the game makes me horrible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just me, didn't really get into it.
i also hate rex's voice it ****ing kills my soul when i hear it

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think Rex's voice in casual situations is fine. His voice actor can't scream for the life of him though and several times the voice did not match up with the animations on screen. Honestly I blame the directors for that. Reading a script with no visual context of what's happening makes it pretty hard for the voice actors.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Some people can't get over the designs and/or voice acting. I am a super weeb so I didn't mind them and actually liked the look of the game. It does get really annoying though if I express joy over the game and someone comes in and writes 5 paragraphs explaining why liking or not caring about things in the game makes me horrible.
Because having a number of girls with big breasts who you can count on one hand is totally the end of the world, right? (Seriously, those complaints are way overblown).

Now, bad/mediocre voice acting; I can see why that would be a deal breaker.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Because having a number of girls with big breasts who you can count on one hand is totally the end of the world, right? (Seriously, those complaints are way overblown).

Now, bad/mediocre voice acting; I can see why that would be a deal breaker.
I'm not going to get into that because some people are really...uh..."passionate" about that. So I'm gonna leave it at that lol.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Rex's voice in casual situations is fine. His voice actor can't scream for the life of him though and several times the voice did not match up with the animations on screen. Honestly I blame the directors for that. Reading a script with no visual context of what's happening makes it pretty hard for the voice actors.
Well at least his AAAAAAIIIIIIYAH is pretty much a meme now :troll:

RIP the two most memetic lines in the game though that were patched out: “THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!” And “DON’T FORGET ME!”

press F to pay respects

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know I’ve seen leaks saying that there’s gonna be a Wario character that isn’t Ashley, just gonna say if that were to happen, fans in Japan would probably not be too happy...
captain syrup would be rad
Not just Captain Syrup, Captain Syrup piloting a Mecha-Pirate Goom.

100x better than Bowser Jr.
As much as the fake leaks are a crying wolf situation right now, it'd be great if this happened.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I don't think it was a bad game, I just didn't enjoy the story, characters and setting nearly as much as the first game and the gameplay wasn't as fun as X and no amazing world like it either, hell the gameplay isn't even as deep as the first game, it feels like a watered down XC1. It's just there for me and I don't really have any desire to play it again like the other 2, doesn't help that the art style and character design is garbage imo.

I honestly don't have an issue with Rex's voice tbh, but his character is annoying to me in general

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not going to get into that because some people are really...uh..."passionate" about that. So I'm gonna leave it at that lol.
I withhold any opinion I may or may not have on Pyra, Mythra and Dahlia until after I play the game myself or watch Chuggaaconroy's inevitable Let's Play of it (to be honest, considering I didn't finish his first one, the latter isn't likely). I have some strong words about those who hate their designs just for their body types and nothing else about them (along with Camilla), but that's something I'd rather leave off this thread (Unless people specifically want to hear it XD).

When I get a Switch (it's a question of when, not if XD), I might consider getting XC2; it's not high up on my priorities, though.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Of the common top 10 most often leaked characters (Geno, Ashley, Simon, Bandana Waddle Dee, K. Rool, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Shadow, and Decidueye) which do you want the MOST?

For me, it’s quite obviously Elma, I will literally cry tears of joy if she’s in hdoeibdidjdh

This is quite a tough one since Simon Belmont, Elma and Decidueye are my most wanted. Personally I would opt for any of my three choices.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
The Dream: if Eggman gets in, he has alts based on his other incarnations. (There're three links for those on Mobile)

The Impossible Dream: This as his Final Smash.
This image must be so weird out of context. XD
Okay, but consider this beautiful creature (Titan Tails from the Archie comics) for Tails' Final Smash:

IMG_0790.JPG

(Seriously though what the hell was Ken Penders on when he thought this up? Heck, what was he even on when he created a good portion of **** that appeared in his run of the comics? Thank god for Ian Flynn saving the comics after Penders left.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, but consider this beautiful creature (Titan Tails from the Archie comics) for Tails' Final Smash:

View attachment 152458
(Seriously though what the hell was Ken Penders on when he thought this up? Heck, what was he even on when he created a good portion of **** that appeared in his run of the comics? Thank god for Ian Flynn saving the comics after Penders left.)
Ken Penders was most certainly a very strange person. A lot of his writing seemed more akin to something you'd fine on Fanfiction.net then an official Sonic the Hedgehog comic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ken Penders was most certainly a very strange person. A lot of his writing seemed more akin to something you'd fine on Fanfiction.net then an official Sonic the Hedgehog comic.
How weird we talking? im gonna regret asking this arent i

D

Deleted member

Simon Belmont, if it wasn't obvious enough (and make it the classic barbarian one, i don't like the Chronicles design and i hated that Konami tred to push that design during early 2000's) he is my most wanted character in Smash since 2013.

K.Rool is my second most wanted (Waluigi was second but he has been discomfired) and Dixie is my 4th most wanted after Isaac (originally she was 6th but Balloon Fighter has been discomfirmed) and Bandanna Dee is among my top 10 (can't remember exactly what spot) i have been so confident about Geno that i practically want him now(it helps that i do enjoyed him in SMRPG) , and that hidden child in my heart would like to see Shadow just to have a Super Mario Bros Z reunion, Echo or Semi-Clone.

I don't want Decidueye since im not interesed in any possible Gen 7 Newcomer outside of maybe Midday Lycanroc, i don't care about Isabelle not matter how much Nintendo promotes her (although i will say i do think she's likely) and the same applies to Ashley (and again, i think she's likely too)

and Elma................meh. Don't hate her but i don't like her either.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
I truly don't understand why rex is always screaming, he's literally just running there's absolutely no reason to be ****ing screaming
Since Xenoblade 2 was obviously made for players without eyes, he must be doing that for echolocation to tell the player where he is at all times, he's so dedicated to us players and we didn't even know :(

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Elma of course, but instead of Elma though, give me Cross instead:)

Just kidding, of course Elma, please don't pick me off with a Skell

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Y'know, after seeing so many people complain about the bad voice acting, I'm starting to consider supporting a solo Rex just so this thread will have to live with his awful voice for years to come.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just hate everyone's design in XC2. They all look terrible, but on top of that they lack ANY kind of consistency. Probably a side effect of having 30 or so different artists, but come on, who greenlit Rex and Pyra's designs. Or Nia's?

XC1 nailed the designs so well. Shulk wears clothing that is functional while also having the same style as the rest of the inhabitants of bionis, Dunban clearly shows he's an experienced badass, can't use his left arm, and that he's suave as hell, and even the most fanservicey of designs like Sharla still convey the fact that she is an active and rough woman who's good with machinery.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 152458
It's like something a child would write. XD

The Giant Robotnik thing was actually a clever plot (also the art was way better than Archie Sonic)
Robotnik uses the power of the Emeralds to become a god, and uses this power to "It's a Wonderful Life" Sonic. Sonic tries to fight him by himself, but gets beaten down easily by phantoms of previous enemies, never actually reaching Robotnik.
With no other options, Sonic appeals to Robotnik's Ego, and the Doctor gives him a chance to ask for help from one person. Sonic picks Knuckles. and Knuckles uses the power of the Grey Emerald (STC's equivalent to the Master Emerald) to rob Robotnik of his power.
After Robotnik is depowered, it then gets weird when Nack shows up and uses a shrinking device to shrink Robotnik down to atomic size for a reason I can't remember right now (it wasn't to save him, Nack wasn't on Robotnik's side).
I truly don't understand why rex is always screaming, he's literally just running there's absolutely no reason to be ****ing screaming
I don't understand why Dahlia is such a big deal, but whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom