• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

PREACH IT MY GUY
Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee it.
Nothing guarantees anything. And like I said probably like 200 pages ago, nobody deserves anything either. His default percentage of inclusion is higher from previous installments, yes, but that's out of default since most other heavily requested characters are already in. The only ones significant that aren't shown in the game already are K. Rool and Isaac.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That Slam Land game looks NOTHING like Smash! It's totally different. It's like saying Smash is a Street Fighter clone. The whole Slam Land game revolves around slamming your opponents into the goals, and the "directional" thing is a mechanic that doesn't exist in the any of the Smash games.

Brawlout, Rivals of Aether, and Icons are all Smash inspired (I think they all separate themselves in interesting ways). I wouldn't put Slam Land in the same boat. I watched the gameplay, and it's only similar in that it's platform based and side scrolling.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nothing guarantees anything. And like I said probably like 200 pages ago, nobody deserves anything, either. His default percentage of inclusion is higher from previous installments, yes, but that's out of default since most other heavily requested characters are already in. The only ones significant that aren't shown in the game already are K. Rool and Isaac.
Wait, why is Isaac significant? Hasn't his series been dead for a while now? And wasn't he only the protagonist in one? Why is he, of all characters, "significant?"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone was curious:

Interviewer asks about Saukrai's favorite taunt

Sakurai:
[...] I do like Ridley's down taunt. When you use it, Ridley, for some reason, stands up straight, so you can actually see how tall he is. He's pretty big. He's about 4m tall.

Interviewer:
Well, he is a commander of the Space Pirates.

Sakurai:
And I have no idea why. He doesn't look like the... intellectual type. (laughs)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, why is Isaac significant? Hasn't his series been dead for a while now? And wasn't he only the protagonist in one? Why is he, of all characters, "significant?"
Last Golden Sun game was in 2010

Marth starred in 4 Fire Emblem games. 3 of them were remakes (2.5 really since FE3 was half remake half new story). He's still the face of the series and has the most revolved around him. Isaac is the most notable protagonist of them all in Golden Sun since he was requested since Brawl era. I meant heavily requested as in persistent over the years.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Seems that the lack of new things to talk about is driving everyone crazy. XD

I'd actually say next Monday would be a good time to announce something, wouldn't you?
---
I think very few women have boobs larger than their head.
Some do. Many even have them naturally (just plain genetics, hormone imbalances, a cyst on their pituitary gland or ovaries, there are many reasons). It happens. Pretending those women don't exist is not fair to them.

The sexualisation being strongly skewed on the female side is a good point, though. If you're going to pander to libidos, at least do it for both sexes, Monolith Soft. :laugh:
I'm triggered by this.
They ****ing had wrong usage of your when it should've been you're in the last speech bubble. How do you **** that up?
No quality control, that's how the bad art and grammar mistakes happen.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Ridley standing straight taunt is going to be so fun, especially when people moveset swap Ridley onto other characters,

I dream of seeing standing Ridkachu.
You'd rather see Ridkachu than Ridchu?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As much as it pains me to say this, I think it's time to move on from Isaac unless he gets another game cause he's not really relevant and his games have only really sold decently, I just don't know if he has enough to warrant for his inclusion when he wasn't an Assist in the last game and his series has been on almost a decade long hiatus. I'd really like to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Ridley standing straight taunt is going to be so fun, especially when people moveset swap Ridley onto other characters,

I dream of seeing standing Ridkachu.
Ridley-Wario is my personal interest.

I wanna know if Ridley-Bayonetta using the stand up taunt would just make her look normal or not.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai saying Ridley "doesn't look to be the intellectual type" doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai thinks Ridley is dumb. You can be smart and not an 'intellectual'.

I think Sakurai just means he can't see Ridley sitting down by the fireplace to read a good book. XD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As much as it pains me to say this, I think it's time to move on from Isaac unless he gets another game cause he's not really relevant and his games have only really sold decently, I just don't know if he has enough to warrant for his inclusion when he wasn't an Assist in the last game and his series has been on almost a decade long hiatus. I'd really like to be wrong but I just don't see it.
Hey man, I'm still waiting on Dark Dawn 2. That first game ended on a CLIFFHANGER for goodness's sake.

D

Deleted member

Chances have no influence on how much I want a character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sakurai saying Ridley "doesn't look to be the intellectual type" doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai thinks Ridley is dumb. You can be smart and not an 'intellectual'.

I think Sakurai just means he can't see Ridley sitting down by the fireplace to read a good book. XD
I think considering the context- he was saying that as a reason he couldn't see him as a commander of the Space Pirates- I just thought it was funny. Haha.

"Commander, what should we do about the intruder?"

"Ahh... ****, I don't know, can't you all shoot giant lasers out of your mouth or something? Do something like that... or something."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey man, I'm still waiting on Dark Dawn 2. That first game ended on a CLIFFHANGER for goodness's sake.
Yeah no the fact that the series ended on THAT was just painful. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't play it but man...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think considering the context- he was saying that as a reason he couldn't see him as a commander of the Space Pirates- I just thought it was funny. Haha.

"Commander, what should we do about the intruder?"

"Ahh... ****, I don't know, can't you all shoot giant lasers out of your mouth or something? Do something like that... or something."
It would explain Samus' success rate with the Space Pirates. :laugh:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If everyone only supported characters based on perceived chances then the Smash fanbase would be incredibly boring and be in for plenty of rude awakenings.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Not happening until Nintendo lets camelot out of the basement where they make mario sports games

A little delusional part of me wants to believe he wasn't an assist cause he was planned to be playable, there was absolutely no reason to cut him but keep saki

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah, Robin is an "intellectual." He reads books, plays chess, and enjoys pleasant conversation on top of commanding a small band of elite warriors.

Ridley is a psychopathic purple dinosaur who appears to have only gotten to his position of leadership through pure strength.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Chances have no influence on how much I want a character.
Can I interpret this as "I don't think Isaac is likely," ?

Once again, I don't mean to come across as a **** but I actually played Golden Sun 2 and both Isaac and his son just seem like "Not Cloud" the character to me. Also, if his game sold THAT well why didn't they continue making them?

If everyone only supported characters based on perceived chances then the Smash fanbase would be incredibly boring and be in for plenty of rude awakenings.

Yo, is that a Weiss icon? *Looks at name*

You have good taste, sir.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can I interpret this as "I don't think Isaac is likely," ?
You can interpet this in whatever way you want.
Once again, I don't mean to come across as a **** but I actually played Golden Sun 2 and both Isaac and his son just seem like "Not Cloud" the character to me. Also, if his game sold THAT well why didn't they continue making them?
Because the sequel didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys you can want him I just personally don't see it, I never said that we all have to move on or stop supporting him, I'm just choosing to cause of my personal opinion based off Nintendo's treatment of the Golden Sun IP and how the series has performed overall compared to other IPs from Nintendo. I support him personally, and I do actually want him, but all things considered I just don't see it, but feel free to disagree.

D

Deleted member

Guys you can want him I just personally don't see it, I never said that we all have to move on or stop supporting him, I'm just choosing to cause of my personal opinion based off Nintendo's treatment of the Golden Sun IP and how the series has performed overall compared to other IPs from Nintendo. I support him personally, and I do actually want him, but all things considered I just don't see it, but feel free to disagree.
Yeah you actually kinda did.
I think it's time to move on from Isaac

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What did LST just say about this type of stuff :p We can talk about whoever, no matter how low or high their chances are in the game.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
You can interpet this in whatever way you want.
[quote[Once again, I don't mean to come across as a **** but I actually played Golden Sun 2 and both Isaac and his son just seem like "Not Cloud" the character to me. Also, if his game sold THAT well why didn't they continue making them?
I'm asking you if that's what you meant.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Jesus, the Ken Penders era Archie Sonic art is bad.

It actually offends me that Archie Sonic lasted over 20 years with art like that while Sonic the Comic got cancelled shortly after the Sonic Adventure arc with regularly amazing art during it's heyday.
For example...
If you think that was bad, take a look at this monstrosity of art:
However, Tyson Hesse (the guy who does the Sonic Mania animated trailers and stuff) actually worked on the Archie comics before they ended, and currently works on the IDW comics, and we've been graced with artwork such as these:
IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Nothing guarantees anything. And like I said probably like 200 pages ago, nobody deserves anything either. His default percentage of inclusion is higher from previous installments, yes, but that's out of default since most other heavily requested characters are already in. The only ones significant that aren't shown in the game already are K. Rool and Isaac.
Sheesh, be a bit more of a downer why don't ya?

Obviously not saying he's confirmed, no one is, you can step down from the soap box. It's a silly video from a silly guy.

And don't even start on K. Rool or Issac. Just don't. That's just as much conjecture as Geno is.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah you actually kinda did.
I never said though others had to move on though, I was just claiming my personal standpoint on the matter. Otherwise I would have said "I think it's time for us to move on from Isaac."

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
However, Tyson Hesse actually worked on the Archie comics before they ended, and currently works on the IDW comics, and we've been graced with artwork such as these:
STOP I FORGOT THAT NIGHTMARE FUEL EXISTED.

Tbh I don't remember what even happened with that penders mess but the whole thing was wild

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think Nintenzilla just meant to temper your hopes for Isaac and keep those tempered hopes in mind when talking about him. It was just worded improperly
Pretty much, that's why I wanted to put my two cents out there on the matter in the first place.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sheesh, be a bit more of a downer why don't ya?
You say that like I don't want him.

Obviously not saying he's confirmed, no one is, you can step down from the soap box. It's a silly video from a silly guy.
He literally says he's in at the end of the video. :4pacman: If you're not telling him to preach that, what are you making him preach?

And don't even start on K. Rool or Issac. Just don't. That's just as much conjecture as Geno is.
Again, they're also mentioned in the video. All three simultaneously.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
However, Tyson Hesse actually worked on the Archie comics before they ended, and currently works on the IDW comics, and we've been graced with artwork such as these:
Why is that allowed to exist. I'm gonna have nightmares, jesus. :urg:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Alright I got my template ready:

Smash template.png

So much love for these characters so little space. Special mention to my most wanted characters for Smash, Lyn, and Krystal, wish you can join us as newcomers someday:(

Also yes I know Blaze the Cat and well... Kat from Gravity Rush are small chanced, and highly unlikely respectively, but let me have my dreams will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom