• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
*sees Lien Da "Art"*

OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYYY!?

*sees Tyson Hesse Art*

Ah... ahh... thank god... Bless you, Tyson.

On the topic of Sonic the Comic's art, it actually started pretty mediocre, but eventually came into it's own. The comics that always had good art (after the art became good) were the main stories, the other stories each issue (they were anthology comics, they started with telling multiple different Sega stories, but Sonic and his stories inevitably eclipsed the production entirely) were more hit or miss.

---
RE: Isaac

As far as most Isaac fans are concerned, Isaac is a now or never character.

Camelot is open to the idea of making more Golden Sun games, but they're also busy with Mario Sports games. Isaac getting into Smash might be the thing we need that brings Golden Sun back finally.
If you think that was bad, take a look at this monstrosity of art:
However, Tyson Hesse (the guy who does the Sonic Mania animated trailers and stuff) actually worked on the Archie comics before they ended, and currently works on the IDW comics, and we've been graced with artwork such as these:
Why does this remind me of Donkey Kong Country Tv series?
2e3.gif

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ridley: Madam, I daresay you have offended me! *slaps Samus across the face with a white glove* We shall duel by pistols at dawn!
Samus: ... ...What?
Ridley: You're right, your right, we can do better. Well then you have left me no choice, we shall the face off in the most ultimate match ever known to history that best suit our various abilities. *Samus reloads blaster ready for action* We battle at dawn... with a philosophical debate, in front the Federation for posterity.
Samus: ... ... ...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Only one choice?

Shadow
Shadow easily. Mostly cause I only like the Oracle design for Impa. It encompasses a nice inbetween for her younger and older body types.
Impa followed closely by Decidueye.
I, uh, meant which character would you like to see get a little icon like these, but I guess I didn't make that clear enough. ^_^;

Nice to know two of you have terrible taste though! ;P

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let me ask a question to get some interesting answers. If you get could have 5 characters become top tier when SSBU comes out, who would you want to see? However, if that character has ever been top tier in Smash, on any official tier list, they do not count. For example, for me, I would like it to be :ultlink:, :ultgreninja:, :ultlucario:, :ultroy: & :ultshulk:.
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultduckhunt::ultdoc::ultbowser:
For the longest time I thought Palutena was the stupidest person in all of Kid Icarus cause I assumed (like most people with even a grade school education) that Medusa was originally a normal person and Palutena just turned into this unstoppable hell beast as a typical Greek BS "punishment", since the game gave next to no indication Medusa was also originally a Goddess as well
Palutena might not be the dumbest, but she does lose her shine once in a while (calling Smash Bros “Super Bash Sisters”, giving weapon types the wrong description, getting kidnapped by Medusa in the first place, “King of Porkness”, not telling Pit about Hades from the beginning of their “friendship”, not teaching him to read, thinking she was smart enough to watch Pit get naked, and so on)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I, uh, meant which character would you like to see get a little icon like these, but I guess I didn't make that clear enough. ^_^;

Oh. Well, there's Brian, Fulgore, Voldo(cause he's fabulous), and... Rabbids. >.>

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Have you done Bandana Waddle Dee, Simon, Elma, or Dixie yet? I missed parts 1 and 2

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yeah, I agree. Not to mention, the music is by Jun Senoue. If you don't know him, he is a member of a band called Crush 40, and has done some music for Sonic games.
“Done some music” Jun Senoue’s been composing Sonic music since Sonic 3.

Jun Senoue composing megaman music

woah
Jun Senoue, Tomoya Ohtani... I smell a new Sonic remix. Well... I hope.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Round 3~

Who would you like to see next?
My brain is going to explode. I can't choose! Maybe Shadow, but not as an Echo (or maybe). Then Decidueye and Impa tied, then Crash. Sorry, but I have never played Crash Bandicoot, and now I don't think about him much.

Last edited:

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
They've been knocking it out of the park with these music picks lately. MM4 is my favorite in the series, and while I'm a little disappointed since this probably means there won't be a dedicated song to one robot master/castle level, I'm happy that Dive Man's theme is in the game beyond its original version in the 4-6 medley.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm roughly 160 pages behind but I'm just now at the tailend of that Bayo ballot rigged discussion and I must say, it was certainly one of the most interesting topics I've ever read in this thread. Far, far, FAR more interesting than all the damn Pokemon, Echoes and leaks talk. As for my stance on the matter, I think both extreme ends were silly. The suing Nintendo thing and the 'oh god what if people Boycott or what if Smash Ultimate is cancelled'. That being said, I'm of the belief that they did lie by saying Bayo got in due to the ballot when the ballot wasn't even over when her data was in the game. I don't particularly care that Bayo is in. I'm not a fan of her personality but that's just a me thing, I'm not a fan of how she's literal pay-to-win along with Cloud but that's just a balancing issue and I'm not a fan of how she gets so many abilities straight from her games while actual Nintendo characters in this Nintendo made fighter get jack :ultganondorf::ultike::ultsamus:

There's not much that can be done really though and in reality, it's not that big of a deal. You can speak with your wallet by not purchasing Nintendo things but unless you get a large group (i.e boycott) it's not gonna matter at all and otherwise you can just voice your opinion on social media like here. Also, I know it's rare on the internet but...you can give constructive criticism and, ya know, also not harass or troll someone. I'm not gonna voice too much about it outside of this post cuz I don't really care that much but I do disapprove of lying of any kind. They could've just said the ballot was only for future titles and just said 'here's Bayo' and there'd be no issue. And no, that wouldn't reveal Ultimate. They could just say 'for future titles'. Heck, this thread came into existence speculating about a new Smash before we even knew about Ultimate or this Bayo information. The most damage the lie did was pointlessly raise some hopes and therefore hurt some passionate people emotionally which by now, most if not everyone has gotten over and it also caused pointless arguments of whether Bayo won or not and lo and behold the ones believing she didn't win seem to be in the right and now the tables all turn to "Oh well it doesn't matter because Ultimate is coming and has every vet". Nintendo lying to us and Ultimate coming out don't have to be tied together. You can be happy that Ultimate is on the way and still disapprove of the lie, that's how I am.

Besides, Bayo isn't even the worst newcomer we got in Sm4sh :ultcorrin:.

Anyways I got a separate idea or 2 that I wanna give in different posts so I don't just make another wall of text~

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm roughly 160 pages behind but I'm just now at the tailend of that Bayo ballot rigged discussion and I must say, it was certainly one of the most interesting topics I've ever read in this thread. Far, far, FAR more interesting than all the damn Pokemon, Echoes and leaks talk. As for my stance on the matter, I think both extreme ends were silly. The suing Nintendo thing and the 'oh god what if people Boycott or what if Smash Ultimate is cancelled'. That being said, I'm of the belief that they did lie by saying Bayo got in due to the ballot when the ballot wasn't even over when her data was in the game. I don't particularly care that Bayo is in. I'm not a fan of her personality but that's just a me thing, I'm not a fan of how she's literal pay-to-win along with Cloud but that's just a balancing issue and I'm not a fan of how she gets so many abilities straight from her games while actual Nintendo characters in this Nintendo made fighter get jack :ultganondorf::ultike::ultsamus:

There's not much that can be done really though and in reality, it's not that big of a deal. You can speak with your wallet by not purchasing Nintendo things but unless you get a large group (i.e boycott) it's not gonna matter at all and otherwise you can just voice your opinion on social media like here. Also, I know it's rare on the internet but...you can give constructive criticism and, ya know, also not harass or troll someone. I'm not gonna voice too much about it outside of this post cuz I don't really care that much but I do disapprove of lying of any kind. They could've just said the ballot was only for future titles and just said 'here's Bayo' and there'd be no issue. And no, that wouldn't reveal Ultimate. They could just say 'for future titles'. Heck, this thread came into existence speculating about a new Smash before we even knew about Ultimate or this Bayo information. The most damage the lie did was pointlessly raise some hopes and therefore hurt some passionate people emotionally which by now, most if not everyone has gotten over and it also caused pointless arguments of whether Bayo won or not and lo and behold the ones believing she didn't win seem to be in the right and now the tables all turn to "Oh well it doesn't matter because Ultimate is coming and has every vet". Nintendo lying to us and Ultimate coming out don't have to be tied together. You can be happy that Ultimate is on the way and still disapprove of the lie, that's how I am.

Anyways I got a separate idea or 2 that I wanna give in different posts so I don't just make another wall of text~
I remremember seeing a discussion that Bayonetta was added to SSB4 before the ballot ended, and I never read it for how ridiculous it sounded. I should check for it. . . .

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

I was thinking about that “9 newcomers, you’re welcome” list from earlier and decided to look up Beedle and well

Here he is.

I guess he’d be the resident joke character. Lethal, if played right. But that’s nevertheless an, um, interesting choice.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Mimikyu if it doesn't already exist, please. ^w^

EDIT: Holy **** those are actually sick. I assumed it was just more icons, since my phone doesn't load images on here (I also have no idea where to find my cache to clear it....)

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Whoops well then, if you could make one of Amaterasu that'll be appreciated. Fjorm from Fire Emblem is also a good choice.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, I remember seeing a bandwagon of support for Ravio coming to Smash. I don't remember if people wanted him to be like a clone (no spoilers on his looks!), but I could not get behind it too much. I still don't see how it could work, but I would like if someone could suggest anything.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Kay so I had this thought while at work today. So many people bring up how the most important thing about Smash is the characters so here's a hypothetical scenario. Say we got a Smash game with literally every and any noteworthy video game character added to it. Picture all of your most wanted and all of everyone else's most wanted that originated from a video game, they're all in. Sounds perfect, right? But the catch is, the game uses the Brawl engine to a T. Basically no hitstun so combos outside of chaingrabs don't exist, lagless projectile spam runs rampant as does the aforementioned chaingrabbing, most recoveries are terrible and edgehogging is back, infinities are back too as is random tripping. For traditions sake we'll say MK is still top tier and dominates the whole meta. Add whatever music, stages, items, trophies, collectibles, modes and etc to this idea. Whatever you want but it still runs on the Brawl engine as it was released (so no modded versions like PM or Sm4sh).

Is that a better or worse Smash game than what we've gotten so far in the series?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

:4corrinf:>:4corrin:>>>>>>>>>>:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:

but the worst newcomer is easily :4darkpit: (cause :4pit:=:4palutena:>>>>:4darkpit:)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Kay so I had this thought while at work today. So many people bring up how the most important thing about Smash is the characters so here's a hypothetical scenario. Say we got a Smash game with literally every and any noteworthy video game character added to it. Picture all of your most wanted and all of everyone else's most wanted that originated from a video game, they're all in. Sounds perfect, right? But the catch is, the game uses the Brawl engine to a T. Basically no hitstun so combos outside of chaingrabs don't exist, lagless projectile spam runs rampant as does the aforementioned chaingrabbing, most recoveries are terrible and edgehogging is back, infinities are back too. For traditions sake we'll say MK is still top tier and dominates the whole meta. Add whatever music, stages, items, trophies, collectibles, modes and etc to this idea. Whatever you want but it still runs on the Brawl engine as it was released (so no modded versions like PM or Sm4sh).

Is that a better or worse Smash game than what we've gotten so far in the series?
There are a lot of people who literally care about nothing other than character count so I'm sure it would still make bank. I'd probably give it a pass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom