• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With less than 11 hours until the grand reveal, what are your top 12 things you want to see included in the reveal trailer?

1. Ridley, Ridley, Ridley
  2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  7. A continuation of the fire themed used in the teaser trailer.
  8. A sizable returning veteran roster
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  11. After revealing Ridley, for Sakurai to make a Bigly joke and use “The character you all have been waiting for.” to explain about the character.
  12. An explanation from Sakurai detailing what the actual **** the development team was doing from Smash 4 DLC to now and give a reason for the madness that we saw from that teaser trailer to now. Just for Sakurai to fess up and explain what the hell was going on behind the scenes.
1. English Marth
2. Celica
3. Any other character in my signature + Simon since his icon broke
4. Main theme on par with Brawl, or at least better than 4's
5. Lots of vets, but mainly Mario, Marth, Little Mac, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Greninja, Mewtwo, and R.O.B. (Ice Climbers too)
6. Return of Pac-Man
7. New Donk City
8. Shadows of Valentia stage
9. A good name
10. Release date
11. "Kept you waiting, huh?"

I may get two or three of those lol.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ok here’s a game: You can add one Pokemon newcomer but.

It can only be a previous Pokeball assist Pokemon, basically getting the Charizard promotion.:4charizard:
For a more left field pick, it’d be interesting to see what could be done with Porygon2 (or regular Porygon if stage hazards count.) The cyber themed attacks would be unique, plus there’s the fact that the parts of its body could be rearranged when needed for some attacks. It’s also at least slightly relevant due to Porygon2 being a notable part of the main series Pokémon competitive meta.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It can only be a previous Pokeball assist Pokemon, basically getting the Charizard promotion.:4charizard:
Snorlax, easily.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I think Genesect would be cool, they were paid dust by the fanbase but I think their design is actually great and a steel/bug robot shooting lasers all over the place would be freaking awesome

Either that or Meloetta, both are cool

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm calling it. Sub-Zero could be happening.

MK11 wasn't announced at Microsoft or Sony's conferences. And the last major E3 event left is Nintendo.

WHAT IF MK11 was saved for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and then transitions to Sub-Zero being revealed for Smash?

If you go to Ed Boon's Twitter, he's been most likely hinting it through his trolly tweets.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1002676010175909889
Here we see Scorpion trying to reach a LEDGE with Sub-Zero looking down at him.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1005489558245511173
Here someone was asking Ed Boon about The Grid coming to Switch. He replies with "Shhhhh", but what if this is hinting to something Switch related coming from NRS?
That would be awesome.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys. I forgot mention this here but the Smash at E3 Information thread is live. It’s a closed thread which will have information and livestreams of the event and will remain live during and after the Nintendo event at E3. All the data and information will be compiled for Smashboards members by your loveable Smash Switch staff. That being said, feel free to check it out and to watch the exiting Smash premiere!

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-switch-at-e3-2018-livestreams-and-real-time-information.455149/

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
five things I want... let me see

1. Introduction of a new mechanic: "EX moves" (basically makes Cloud's limit break a universal mechanic where everyone can do a powered up version of a special move by filling a bar. The term "EX move" comes from Street Fighter where this precise mechanic originates from)
2. Wario Land Wario
3. Inclusion of more obscure Nintendo characters like Lip, F-Type and Takamaru
4. Addition of Dr. Eggman as a second Sonic character
5. Teaser of character-specific story modes where we get to see the many characters interact with each other

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I'm personally not that interested in Sub-Zero for Smash but hoo boy having the trailer for MK transition to Smash with Sub-Zero, followed by him getting destroyed by the Ice Climbers would be untoppable for me

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay friends, I will see you on the other side of this site crashing the Direct, I gotta sleep.

I need to sign off before any leaks potentially hit. Also, Gardevoir in Smash would be a dream come true.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Scorpion would be more likely the Sub Zero. Him trying to grab a ledge would also make him the one competiting in Smash Brothers, no?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Things that I'm hopeful for:

1. A worthwhile singleplayer (with cutscenes)
2. Interesting new characters
3. No cuts
4. Big surprises
5. (unlikely, but) all stages returning from Smash 64
6. Third party representation in more ways than just playable (stages, assist trophies, regular trophies, maybe even a boss)
7. I'd love to see Shantae as a playable character
8. Return of Snake, Wolf, and Ice Climbers
9. Traditional Classic Mode (NOT the Smash 4 one)
10. Board the Platform
11. Character specific Break the Targets and Board the Platform stages
12. Banjo and Kazooie would be amazing, if extremely unlikely.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Just woke up, it's 6 AM. I'm waaaay too excited.
Tonight I dreamt that I was at E3 and they revealed the new Smash, and side dashing was reimplemented as a core mechanic, and on the big screens there were Jigglypuff and Luigi fighting and side dashing all over the place.
Can't wait.

Meloetta, and she would have a gameplay similar to Skullgirls' Squigly, so she can create these energy balls through her singing, that float/bounce around the stage causing damage. Squigly is one of my mains in the game, wish there was a "moveset parallel" of her in Smash ...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sub-Zero would be freaking insane. But knowing Ed his tweets could range from being something entirely different to nothing at all.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
I'm calling it. Sub-Zero could be happening.

MK11 wasn't announced at Microsoft or Sony's conferences. And the last major E3 event left is Nintendo.

WHAT IF MK11 was saved for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and then transitions to Sub-Zero being revealed for Smash?

If you go to Ed Boon's Twitter, he's been most likely hinting it through his trolly tweets.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1002676010175909889
Here we see Scorpion trying to reach a LEDGE with Sub-Zero looking down at him.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1005489558245511173
Here someone was asking Ed Boon about The Grid coming to Switch. He replies with "Shhhhh", but what if this is hinting to something Switch related coming from NRS?
Adding to this:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/994696075129868288
"You know what ELSE would be kool.....? "

Ed Boon is clearly referring to Sub-Zero.

I am very konvinced.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I am the only one who thinks an indie character like Shantae doesn't have a place in Smash?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
With less than 11 hours until the grand reveal, what are your top 12 things you want to see included in the reveal trailer?

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  11. After revealing Ridley, for Sakurai to make a Bigly joke and use “The character you all have been waiting for.” to explain about the character.
  12. An explanation from Sakurai detailing what the actual **** the development team was doing from Smash 4 DLC to now and give a reason for the madness that we saw from that teaser trailer to now. Just for Sakurai to fess up and explain what the hell was going on behind the scenes.
In ordear of reveal.

1-Ridley
2-Keep you waiting uh?
3-Mario odyssey content
4-BOTW content (maybe a champion :p)
5-Info about theoretical adventure mode
6-Info about the new stage builder
7-Powersuit Samus rework (Ala Bowser)
8-Ganondorf Rework. (ala Bowser inb4 Zinith calls anti yoshi bias)
9-Assist trophies.
10-Suddenly the video just freeze.
11-A text box appears on teh video "what an horrible night to have a curse" and everything grows darker.
12-Simon Belmont reveal, and moveszet and stage showcase.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I am the only one who thinks an indie character like Shantae doesn't have a place in Smash?
Why not? Granted I don’t want Indie characters in general and there’s alot of characters I think don’t have a place in Smash but I don’t see what keeps her out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't take Ed Boon's tweets too seriously.

I'd love a MK character, but it seems fairly unlikely mainly due to how to properly represent how violent they are. It's not a lack of moves, but they might feel a bit too wrong. I'd love to be surprised, though.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
It’s tomorrow
It’s 11 hours away

I can’t believe it’s finally time
Godspeed
Whether we get what we what or dont

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You mean an indie character who has been strongly linked to Nintendo for 16 years, who started on Gameboy Color? Why do you see her as so undeserving?

Why should the caliber of a game's developer decide whether a character or game is worthy of representation in a series of games meant to showcase and celebrate gaming?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't bank much on Shantae either. She doesn't seem severely big as a 3rd party. Most Indies aren't(Steve? aside, who started as one). Same reason I wouldn't expect Shovel Knight either.

Not a matter of whether I'd like them or not, of course. I would love Shovel Knight. I'm neutral on Shantae.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I think Shantae has a shot because her games have been on Nintendo systems since the Game Boy Color and the IP has only gotten bigger since.
Not to mention she ends up in high places in the Smash ballots, both the official and the community ones.
She might be considered, I say. And if not at the release, maybe in the ballots if they decide to do more of them.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I'm down for Sub-Zero. Would be a little strange for him to be in over Scorpion, but they're both so close in icon status, that either would be a perfect fit for Smash. Okay, final prediction for tomorrow, the newcomers will be:

Elma
Inklings (already confirmed)
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Sub-Zero

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Bias tells me Lugia but implementing that in smash would be hard.

From the choices I would most likely go for Eevee I suppose.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  1. Bring Lyn to Smash
  2. Give Krystal her invitation to Smash
  3. 3rd party character (either Sora, Shantae, or Amaterasu)
  4. BOTW Zelda with revamp moves, better frame rate, and less end lag
  5. Same as #4 but for Palutena
  6. Zelda Newcomer (Impa, Mipha, or Midna )
  7. Xenoblade content hopefully from both X and Chronicles 2
  8. Fountains of Dreams
  9. New Pokémon newcomer (Dusk Lycanroc, Gardevoir, or Zeraora)
  10. New Smash mechanics
  11. All vets returning
  12. And for the Ridley fans give them what they wanted for so long... playable Wobbuffet.

Gotta go with Gardevoir.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm betting on 5 newcomer reveals tomorrow besides the Inklings. Icies and Snake will also be shown to be returning. It will be hype to the max.

1. Elma
2. Ridley
3. K. Rool
4. Simon Belmont
5. Sora

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom