• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I am curious. Why do the newcomer threads (even the Ridley and K. Rool ones) have barely any activity on the eve of potential newcomer unveils? Has forum activity collapsed to such a significant degree in just four years? Do people now do speculation and character support primarily on Reddit and Discord now? Its really surreal especially in comparison to what pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4 were like.
Hoho, the answer's simple.
Jigglypuff and Ridley.png

There's so little activity because we Jigglypuff mains killed most of them in the name of Jigglypuff buffs, most supporters of newcomers perished in the great Jigglywar of 2018. Tragic, but necessary sacrifices.

No, but really, I think most people just use socials (for example I know a lot of the Bandana Dee supporters tend to use my social/PM, we managed to reach above 1500 pages before the groups shut down) or Discord, you're most likely correct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

E3 is going to make me go crazy in a good way.
12 hours left... I'm kind of sad I won't be able to see it live, but I'm sure I'll be hyped all the same once I watch later on.
I am not sure if same or not.

Also when I get back, tag me so I can see what characters are revealed. This is going to be so good...

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
This has probably been said multiple times already but I give Ridley an 80% chance of showing up tomorrow. I completely believe the Vergeben rumor with the Konami leaked titles for Switch and all. I don't want it to be real though becuase that would be way too lame if we were spoiled a month in advance.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With less than 11 hours until the grand reveal, what are your top 12 things you want to see included in the reveal trailer?

1. Ridley, Ridley, Ridley
  2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  7. A continuation of the fire themed used in the teaser trailer.
  8. A sizable returning veteran roster
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  11. After revealing Ridley, for Sakurai to make a Bigly joke and use “The character you all have been waiting for.” to explain about the character.
  12. An explanation from Sakurai detailing what the actual **** the development team was doing from Smash 4 DLC to now and give a reason for the madness that we saw from that teaser trailer to now. Just for Sakurai to fess up and explain what the hell was going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
With less than 11 hours until the grand reveal, what are your top 12 things you want to see included in the reveal trailer?
  1. Jigglypuff buffs.
  2. Jigglypuff buffs.
  3. Jigglypuff buffs.
  4. Jigglypuff buffs.
  5. Jigglypuff buffs.
  6. Jigglypuff buffs.
  7. Jigglypuff buffs.
  8. Jigglypuff buffs.
  9. Jigglypuff buffs.
  10. Jigglypuff buffs.
  11. Jigglypuff buffs.
  12. Jigglypuff buffs.
Maybe if I ask for it twelve times it'll happen?

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  11. After revealing Ridley, for Sakurai to make a Bigly joke and use “The character you all have been waiting for.” to explain about the character.
  12. An explanation from Sakurai detailing what the actual **** the development team was doing from Smash 4 DLC to now and give a reason for the madness that we saw from that teaser trailer to now. Just for Sakurai to fess up and explain what the hell was going on behind the scenes.
  1. At least two first-party characters (not counting Inkling).
  2. At least one third-party character.
  3. Several veterans.
  4. Title.
  5. A sizable amount of stages.
  6. Release date.
  7. Game modes.
That's all I can come up with tbh

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
  12. An explanation from Sakurai detailing what the actual **** the development team was doing from Smash 4 DLC and now and give a reason for the madness that we saw from that teaser trailer to now. Just for Sakurai to fess up and explain what the hell was going on behind the scenes.
1. Yoshi's tether recovery
2. A new non-Classic Mega Man stage
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Inkling gameplay
5. Reggie being Reggie
6. A Melee player winning
7. Ridley
8. Release date
9. Hearing who the announcer is
10. Cringey Treehouse commentary
11. Super Mario Odyssey content
12. Boshi

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
12 hours!

Not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed if the characters he mentioned are all we see tomorrow. Part because it'd spoil the entire surprise, part because it'd mean only two newcomers at E3 (which could mean a nightmare scenario of only 5-6 or so newcomers in the base roster), and part because I'm merely neutral on everyone he's rumored.
That's how I feel too. The character I care most about there is Ice Climbers, and even then I'm not as exited.

Anyway, what are some Veteran revamps you want to see?

:4kirby:: New Side Special. The current one is... eh.

:4link:: Maybe Down Special changes to the Remote Bomb

:4yoshi:: New Side Special and FS.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
  1. Jigglypuff buffs.
  2. Jigglypuff buffs.
  3. Jigglypuff buffs.
  4. Jigglypuff buffs.
  5. Jigglypuff buffs.
  6. Jigglypuff buffs.
  7. Jigglypuff buffs.
  8. Jigglypuff buffs.
  9. Jigglypuff buffs.
  10. Jigglypuff buffs.
  11. Jigglypuff buffs.
  12. Jigglypuff buffs.
But then how else will I blame my losses on playing a bottom-tier character?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The only thing I can think of that I want revealed that I actually expect/think has a shot as this E3 is the return of Smash Run.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
12 hours!

That's how I feel too. The character I care most about there is Ice Climbers, and even then I'm not as exited.

Zelda has always needed a revamp, this is the perfect in to give her Sheikah Slate powers and a better moveset.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
But then how else will I blame my losses on playing a bottom-tier character?
I know you're joking, but it's best not to blame your losses on your main ever, even if it does make sense, adopt a mindset where you focus entirely on your own mistakes and fixing them, it does wonders for improvement.

Alternatively, you can main Bayonetta post-Smash Switch's brutal nerfing of her.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
1) Ridley. No doubt.
2) NOT A PORT
3) Removed/Reworked Rage
4) No cuts
5) Increased gravity or reduced landing lag
6) Snake's return
7) K. Rool
8) Reworked Ganon
9) Mario having cappy
10) New mechanics (that aren't detrimental to competitive play)
11) More legal stages
12) Smash ballot mention

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
If we, by some chance, get a Ridley as a playable character. I'll renounce my trolling ways completely.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

:4luigi:Give him some new attacks. His moveset always felt kinda... off to me.
:4pikachu:I'd prefer to see the whole moveset revamped, but Iron Tail replacing Skull Bash would be suitable enough.
:4wario2:I'd like to see a Wario Land-themed overhaul, but realistically that can't happen.
:4jigglypuff:buff the puff
:4darkpit:At least make him different enough from Pit to justify his status as a clone. Dr. Mario's on the fence of being a semi-clone and at least Lucina is different enough to have some different tech.
:4megaman:tbh I've never liked his moveset and would like to see it changed. I feel Super Smash Flash 2, pre-Beta at least, did an excellent job representing his games, allowing you to switch weapons and all. Dunno how that'd work with custom moves, but it'd be cool if this feature was implemented.
:4link::4zelda:I want to see 100% The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild revamps for these two, especially Zelda since she plays like garbage. Keep Toon Link and bring in Toon Zelda for those who liked the original movesets if you must.
:4sonic:He's kept his Brawl moveset, which in essence is just reused animations from other characters thanks to him being rushed in late-development. Maybe make his side special Light Dash? Also fix Homing Attack.
:4palutena:Just scrap the whole moveset. What the **** was Sakurai thinking?

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
12 hours!

:4link:: Remote bombs, cryonis side special and magnesis grab.
:4zelda:: Light arrow neutral special, revali's gale up special, urbosa's fury down special and daruk's protection side special as well as general buffs so she isn't a slow, laggy, mess anymore.
:4ganondorf:: Complete overall, give him his damn sword and a BOTW inspired redesign
:4sheik:: Ocarina of Time design
:4samus:: Samus Returns look and generally buff her, samus right now feels so flimsy and like none of her attacks actually pack a punch like they should, make my sis stronger please.
:4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:: General luigifying
:4palutena:: Change counter to something else please

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ok here’s a game: You can add one Pokemon newcomer but.

It can only be a previous Pokeball assist Pokemon, basically getting the Charizard promotion.:4charizard:

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I know you're joking, but it's best not to blame your losses on your main ever, even if it does make sense, adopt a mindset where you focus entirely on your own mistakes and fixing them, it does wonders for improvement.

Alternatively, you can main Bayonetta post-Smash Switch's brutal nerfing of her.
Yeah I know, it just doesn't feel good to get bodied by Cloud. :dizzy:

But aside from that, Jiggs is just fun to play as. Some people don't like her at all, but to me, she's just good ol' fashioned fun. She embodies everything I love about Smash (her and Ganondorf).

Also, winning with a low-tier is very satisfying.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man I am so bloody excited. Under 12 hours now, and I don't even care that I have to get up at 2 am to watch it! I honestly don't even care about newcomers, I just want to see new stages, features, items and modes.

Also, general E3 hype too, like what else do Nintendo have up their sleeves!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

It can only be a previous Pokeball assist Pokemon, basically getting the Charizard promotion.:4charizard:
Jirachi! And if I can't choose any that were absent in Smash 4, then I'd go with Togepi.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
I'm calling it. Sub-Zero could be happening.

MK11 wasn't announced at Microsoft or Sony's conferences. And the last major E3 event left is Nintendo.

WHAT IF MK11 was saved for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and then transitions to Sub-Zero being revealed for Smash?

If you go to Ed Boon's Twitter, he's been most likely hinting it through his trolly tweets.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1002676010175909889
Here we see Scorpion trying to reach a LEDGE with Sub-Zero looking down at him.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1005489558245511173
Here someone was asking Ed Boon about The Grid coming to Switch. He replies with "Shhhhh", but what if this is hinting to something Switch related coming from NRS?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
I just want to be happy inside

D

Deleted member

1. Jigglypuff buffs.
  2. Jigglypuff buffs.
  3. Jigglypuff buffs.
  4. Jigglypuff buffs.
  5. Jigglypuff buffs.
  6. Jigglypuff buffs.
  7. Jigglypuff buffs.
  8. Jigglypuff buffs.
  9. Jigglypuff buffs.
  10. Jigglypuff buffs.
  11. Jigglypuff buffs.
  12. Jigglypuff buffs.
Hey, 12 is the number of original characters in Smash Bros. 64!
Maybe. :troll:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Scizor/Weavile. I low key want them, but they aren't really relevant so I don't mention them.

If it has to be one in 4 then maybe Inkay?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

2. A 3rd party character
  3. New Donk City
  4. BoTW Stage
  5. Inklings special
  6. Ridley Kirby
  9. An actual title
  10. Release date
1) RIDLEY, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RIDLEY
2) BOTW Zelda with a BOTW moveset and general buffs so she isn't trash anymore
3) Xenoblade X content, an NLA stage would be dope to see
4) All the vets coming back
5) A new artstyle, something a little more stylized like a street fighter could be cool
6) A Zelda character please
7) Tropical Freeze stuff, a homecoming hijinx stage would be neat
8) At least 5 newcomers, they can include inklings if they want I guess
9) Bring back my boy Wolf, including the british accent
10) A planet Robobot stage would be awesome
11) I know everyone cares about New Donk but I still want my world bowser stage
12) Sakurai flipping off the smash fanbase and telling us to never ask for anything again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom