• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If there's one thing I'm interested in seeing are the two Dragon Ball games that Vergeben mentioned in his Gamefaqs PM's.

The first one of the two is obviously a DBFZ port to Switch, but I can't really think of what the second one could be...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Only about 13 hours to go...

Through the fires of Smash speculation...

Through the cold desert droughts of information...

It's time. All aboard, nerds.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We knew about RE2make for a couple of years now.

Verge didn't predict that

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We could see Geno and/or Sora for an E3 reveal maybe? Maybe we could get neither. Either way, I am feeling that Square Enix has something interesting to showcase in this Direct. I will still put these two characters in my prediction roster, from now to the Smash Switch release. Crossing my fingers for the best.
Now if you were to pick between one of them, who do you think would be a better choice?

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm going to bed early to I can assure I get up early for this presentation. I was also quite sick today and hopefully I feel well enough to enjoy tomorrow.

I hope to have amazing dreams tonight, BECAUSE THE HYPE TRAIN KEEPS GOING!!!

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Okay, since there's only a few hours left, I figured I would write down what I expect to see from Smash in the Nintendo Presentation, on top of my head:

- 4-5 newcomers: including a big hype-inducing third-party (same level as Snake for Brawl or Cloud for Smash 4), 1-2 high-caliber first-parties, a totally left field character, plus Inklings
- Ice Climbers are confirmed (plus Snake if the Vergeben rumors end up being true)
- All veterans present in the teaser are shown (based on my assumption they are, from left to right, Yoshi, Pit, DK, Peach, Ness, Marth, Mario, Link, Sheik, Pikachu, Samus, Ike, Kirby, Bowser, Fox, Captain Falcon and Wario), with some additional ones sprinkled in
- The new single-player campaign is shown, and is something in-between Melee's Adventure and Brawl's Subspace Emissary
- A bunch of new stages are shown, mostly from Nintendo's most recent games (Odyssey, BOTW... you get the idea)
- And it goes without saying, but it's likely that we see some items, both old and new, as well

Come on, only a few more hours of pure agony...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys...as a tribute to Iwata, what if Balloon Fighter joins Smash?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Exciting times... So far my favorite show has to be Bethesda. They were so self aware, so keen on what their customers wanted, and it seemed like there was something for everyone,. They even managed to stuff in the fluff like Fallout Shelter and the TES card game and it was still exciting (also DOOM!!). Godd Howard pulled all the stops.

I'm feeling Nintendo can either blow everything out of the water, or pull an E3 2015. After a stellar 20 minute E3 last year, I am thinking they would do an even better 45 minute E3 to keep the Switch chugging along, but the pre-E3 worries are coming along. As long as I don't see a rabbid join Smash Bros, or learn that Prime 4 is actually Federation Force HD, I should be fine...

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sony presentation wasn't so bad, you guys are just mean (could've done it without the instrument crap)

Also, RE2 REMAKE HYPE, ACTION RE HYPE!
Death Stranding looks good too, thank god they finally showed gameplay.
Death stranding looked boring at first and then it got weird as ****, I really don't know what to make of it tbh

Olo

Smash Cadet
I have a final tomorrow that starts 20 minutes into Nintendo's thing, damn it. And Smash will probably be last, too. It's going to be hard not to be spoiled but I've signed up for a PM that will give me the direct link.

I think Dark Pit will be cut and Ice Climbers will be back in. Safe guesses, I know, but I don't know WHAT to expect to be honest.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We could see Geno and/or Sora for an E3 reveal maybe? Maybe we could get neither. Either way, I am feeling that Square Enix has something interesting to showcase in this Direct. I will still put these two characters in my prediction roster, from now to the Smash Switch release. Crossing my fingers for the best.
Square Enix is definitely up to something. Their lackluster company presentation has been more than made up for by their hype trailers at Sony and Microsoft presentations. Hopefully they keep it up for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I come from the future.

I took a picture of myself next to EVIDENCE.

image.jpg
Alternative title: me when no Waluigi happens.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have a feeling that I'm gonna get spoiled somehow no matter what I do unless my timing is perfect and I really am able to spare time to see the direct.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's one small problem with that

How will Balloon Fighter and Villager share the same Up B?
I assume Killager will get a new recovery (either using a rocket, a cannon if those are in the game series, or the corpse of those who disrespected him)

Roberk

Smash Champion
If there's one thing I'm interested in seeing are the two Dragon Ball games that Vergeben mentioned in his Gamefaqs PM's.

The first one of the two is obviously a DBFZ port to Switch, but I can't really think of what the second one could be...
Pretty sure it's Xenoverse 3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nu~ Nu~ : My main problem with Brawl is its stale move mechanics. Not only did stale moves weaken the amount of damage an attack dealt, but its KBG also suffered, which meant that attacks that could easily KO as early as 150% damage when fresh would end up struggling to KO well after 300% damage when stale.

The stale move mechanics in Smash 3DS / Wii U are far less harsh, as the only penalty for using the same attack repeatedly is a decrease in the damage dealt; KBG doesn't get affected, so even when stale, the attack could still be reliable at making KOs.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
While I don't think balloon fighter is likely, not being able to make a moveset for him shouldn't be a problem when duck hunt exists.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Sony had an ok showing. I certainly think Microsoft is in the lead by a large margin right now (which are words I never thought would come out of my mouth), but Ghosts of Tsushima and REmake 2 look great, and I'm glad to see Nioh 2 announced.

However, I couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts and The Last of Us, and seeing Death Stranding have next to no gameplay other than "walk places" really disappointed me.

Nintendo is tomorrow. Hopefully they make sure to bring things other than Smash. Smash is great, but if the Switch's 2018 is going to consist of an extremely mediocre Kirby game, a watered-down Pokemon, Wii U ports, cardboard, and Smash, that'd be incredibly disappointing. To me, at least. I'm a cynical scumbag, so I'm sure its fine for others.

Here's hoping for Metroid Prime 4. Here's hoping for Bayonetta 3. Here's hoping for a new Animal Crossing. Here's hoping for that new Fire Emblem game that's been in development for over a year now. Here's hoping for Pikmin 4, which has been "near completion" for about three years now.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I thought Bethesda was good in certain parts of the conference (especially that Keegan Michael Keye bit)
Bethesda was good in almost all parts.

Fallout 76 is finally giving us a MP "Big Bethesda" experience (like me and many others have been asking for since Morrowind)- It might not be exactly what everyone wants, but it looks pretty neat and if done right, could be a blast! (Here's hoping they learn from the beta and give more control to players who want to play on their own/with their own groups)

Doom looks pretty awesome. Hell on Earth... Come on that's cool!

Unique coop Wolfenstein experience!!

Elder Scroll Blades seems like a pretty fun "casual" game- the fact that it's also coming to Switch and PC makes me pretty excited to play it. Not a huge game to get hyped over, but sometimes those simple dungeon crawling games can be a blast.

New IP...I'm excited!

The confirmation of ESVI, while not showing anything, is still really nice to hear.

But Sm5sh will pwn all of that tomorrow ;)

Seriously though, I'm super stoked to hear the new theme song, in all of its glory.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Death stranding looked boring at first and then it got weird as ****, I really don't know what to make of it tbh
I too though the walking part looked meh, but there seems to be action because the gun, and the stealth looks pretty tense, the sci-fi stuff looks cool too. And this is coming from someone who hated MGS V.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i dont know if this is how sterotypical old people feel when complaining about music and such, but honestly l feel like ive become an old man gamer of sorts hahaha. like all these new gorgeously real looking games do not interest me in the slightest, im just like " ehhh boring" i dont feel excited unless its classic gaming related....anyone feel this way? (btw im 29 and that feels old enough :laugh:)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Since the Direct we've all been waiting for is tomorrow, and we've been waiting 3 months, I'd just like to take this opportunity to link the original Smash 5 announcement, so we can remember where these train tracks started.

The Smash Bros. Switch reveal trailer now has more views than the Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U reveal trailer, and it only took 3 months; that's insane.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm unsure if Death Stranding is a video game or a Kojima movie with some playable sections.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I actually really love this idea, and balloon fighter would be a cool character if they could create a moveset for him, as far as retros go he's one of the better options
I can imagine him using anything related to balloons as weapons (pumps, strings, the air itself as a side special recovery, the static, etc.)
Sub-Zero fits better within Nintendo's roster.
Maybe, but Scorpion is the more popular member of the game series, like how Cloud is the most popular and well known Final Fantasy character

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well I made my Nintendo E3 Bingo Card. Let's see how I do. Since it's confirmed it's mainly Smash, I'm using a few spaces specifically for that.
fff.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom