• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So well... sony effed this up it seems. Damn.

Anyway 14 hours and thirty mins left...
Was literally saying this...how did they think this would work?!

Honestly this whole E3 has made me soooooo glad Nintendo has swapped to pre-recorded videos, so much better. Much less cringe.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Was literally saying this...how did they think this would work?!

Honestly this whole E3 has made me soooooo glad Nintendo has swapped to pre-recorded videos, so much better. Much less cringe.
I mean Nintendo just sits you down and slaps you with games, and gameplay, (which is foreign to most for some reason)

Its rough but I like a little slap and tickle.

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
What does that have to do with Rayman and Vergeben?
I'm guessing Jetsurge thinks that because a Nintendo character is in a Ubisoft game that we will get a Ubisoft character (Rayman) in a Nintendo game (Smash). Rayman was never in the Vergeben rumor, so if Rayman is confirmed for Smash tomorrow then Vergeben would likely be fake.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It really blows me away just how much walking is in games today.
You don't want the characters to tire out too soon, right? Because, realism.

More practical answer, making the character move slowly allows each area of the game to be used for longer, which saves on development costs (no wonder levels in Modern Sonic games seem to be getting shorter every game) and lets the beauty of each area to settle in more if the graphics/world design are good.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing Jetsurge thinks that because a Nintendo character is in a Ubisoft game that we will get a Ubisoft character (Rayman) in a Nintendo game (Smash). Rayman was never in the Vergeben rumor, so if Rayman is confirmed for Smash tomorrow then Vergeben would likely be fake.
Verge also admitted he doesn’t know all the newcomers.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Are you mixing up Vergeben with the imgur leak? Vergeben never claimed to have the entire roster, and it's pretty obvious he doesn't when he only claimed two newcomers.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ubisoft's good and growing relationship with Nintendo could definitely lead to them getting a character in the next Smash game. Namco's been in a good relations with Nintendo as well, and their work on the previous game may have contributed (but not been the only or even necessarily strongest reason) to Pac-man's inclusion in the game, so maybe something similar has happened with Ubisoft. It provides a perfect opportunity for the discussion and legal negotiations to be done, as well.

That said, there's nothing we can be sure of yet. The two companies being on good terms could certainly lead to this happening, but it's far from being a guarantee. Star Fox's guest appearance on it's own doesn't mean anything at all for Smash, either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, Rayman is practically nowhere to be found while Rabbids are far more heavily promoted. They could be the Ubisoft option. Or both could be. It's hard to say.

It's why I don't bank on Rayman so much as look at both mascots as possibilities.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
With all these samurai games coming out I hope Nintendo takes inspiration from them and makes a Takamaru game...

And then puts Takamaru in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Ya man. Whip me like Franziska von Karma
More like whip me like Simon Belmont am i right?

Yeah im inclined to believe Vergeben as of now. More so than most "leakers" in fact.

I will take that L if it's wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What the **** am I watching...
a guy playing a banjo for 3 min before showing a single game and we get an intermission... Alongside a general stream Crash...Sony, what the ****?
New Crash game confirmed for timed exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sony finished their presentation. It wasn't...bad.

Okay it was. At least the beginning. The Banjo player, The Last of Us 2 footage (Happy Pride Month I guess), and then the weird commentary break. And then the technical difficulties (Playstation stream crashed, Youtube stream had glitchy audio, the Twitch stream was the only one that worked). The Samurai game was meh, but after that.

Oh.

Resident Evil 2? Spodermun? Nioh 2? Bathtub Guy? MORE KH3 FOOTAGE?

SHIP BATTLES? IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3?!

Way to save a show.

A shame that doesn't make up for the awkward start.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
No Konami compilation...I personally think that bodes well for Vergeben. I mean they have to announce it at some point right?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Felt li
Sony finished their presentation. It wasn't...bad.

Okay it was. At least the beginning. The Banjo player, The Last of Us 2 footage (Happy Pride Month I guess), and then the weird commentary break. The Samurai game was meh, but after that.

Oh.

Resident Evil 2? Spodermun? Nioh 2? MORE KH3 FOOTAGE?

SHIP BATTLES? IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3?!

Way to save a show.

A shame that doesn't make up for the awkward start.
Felt like it was a worse show altogether than microsoft's imo. Really rough start to the presentation.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm shook that there have been 3 separate trailers for KH3 throughout E3. And it's looking amazing, I don't even mind it's not coming until January

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I have a feeling that this is going to go down as a legendarily weak E3. I hope Nintendo really brings the games tomorrow and it isn’t just “2016: Smash Edition”.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So it's safe to say nintendo is gonna win e3 (I mean you can't really win but you know what I mean) the sony conference wasn't bad but it was definitely underwhelming, at least in my opinion

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope the smash 4 engine is completely destroyed and started anew. I desperately need a change
Personally, I think that the Smash 3DS / Wii U gameplay mechanics are an improvement when compared to Brawl's mechanics. A few things may need to be adjusted though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So it's safe to say nintendo is gonna win e3 (I mean you can't really win but you know what I mean) the sony conference wasn't bad but it was definitely underwhelming, at least in my opinion
That's a surprising statement. All I ever here during this time of year is how Sony killed it and stuff. Maybe they weren't feeling it this year

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, Rayman is practically nowhere to be found while Rabbids are far more heavily promoted. They could be the Ubisoft option. Or both could be. It's hard to say.

It's why I don't bank on Rayman so much as look at both mascots as possibilities.
I kind of hope it wouldn't be the Rabbids, and that's coming from someone who honestly really likes the Rabbids franchise. I just don't want to have to listen to their screams in a Smash game.

Though I suppose I wouldn't really mind it as long as they never made the noise while attacking and kept it's usage minimal over all . If they were only used for very specific situations, like taunts and/or K.O. sounds, I'd be fine.

Admittedly I actually do think the idea of them screaming as a Final Smash would be glorious And certainly far more bearable than if they screamed for every standard attack or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom