• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Bill said he blinked and suddenly he was up to his 19th E3 conference, are we seeing Blinx the Time Sweeper hinted at for Smash?!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember, there's a difference between directly replying or referencing something and just some silly joke.

Talking about Star Fox could be nothing or could be a hint. Directly replying like that to a MGS post is the same thing.

Saying he blinked and it's suddenly a reference to some old game is an actual stretch. Him directly talking about actual products is not a stretch. But yeah, it has a very good chance of meaning nothing too.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Bill said he blinked and suddenly he was up to his 19th E3 conference, are we seeing Blinx the Time Sweeper hinted at for Smash?!
Alright guys, bear with me.

Bill Trinen breathes air.

You know who doesn’t need to breathe?

Ridley. He flies through space all the time.

I think Bill Trinen breathing is actually him trying to throw us off the trail of a Ridley reveal! This could be big!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Alright guys, bear with me.

Bill Trinen breathes air.

You know who doesn’t need to breathe?

Ridley. He flies through space all the time.

I think Bill Trinen breathing is actually him trying to throw us off the trail of a Ridley reveal! This could be big!
Now hold on guys, we have to keep in mind that Bill Trinen used a laptop and/or smartphone to type that tweet.

Cellphones and laptops are both types of technology

Technology was created by humans, or, man, in fact

Kinda like the Nintendo Labo Man, who is a man AND technology AND inspires us to create

LEGO also inspires kids from ages 3 to 300 to create using miniature plastic bricks...

Therefore the Brickster is confirmed for smash guys :happysheep:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm pretty sure last E3 Bill trolled the night before the show and we went back and his tweets made sense to the direct.

This seems to be a thing he does.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Bill Trinnen confirmed for Smash.
Will eat all your doughnuts, burp at you and call you old.

Instant S tier.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure last E3 Bill trolled the night before the show and we went back and his tweets made sense to the direct.

This seems to be a thing he does.
All the more reason it's possible he's making hints.

But yeah, it's just as reasonable that they mean absolutely nothing. At least they relate to real games and such, you know?

Funny timing for the Star Fox and MGS-related tweets, that said.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
inb4 Bandanna Dee gets deconfirmed
First of all it's Dee-confirmed

Second of all...I upset myself. Dammit.

Speaking of, I see the Graveyard is ready for us to throw our hopes and dreams into as Assist Trophy after Assist Trophy renders our playable hopes moot. Tonight is going to be a genocide for a lot of people's dreams. Prepare accordingly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
First of all it's Dee-confirmed

Second of all...I upset myself. Dammit.

Speaking of, I see the Graveyard is ready for us to throw our hopes and dreams into as Assist Trophy after Assist Trophy renders our playable hopes moot. Tonight is going to be a genocide for a lot of people's dreams. Prepare accordingly.
My biggest want can't even get in the Graveyard. :p

So I'm already prepared. I just hope everybody is. Cause I'm hoping I don't need to moderate a lot of posts due to disconfirmations, etc. But I likely will. Tis life, you know? XD

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Here's a little game to pass the next few minutes with.

Let's play pretend.
Pretend that, because of reasons, one of the original eight veterans of the franchise has to get cut from Smash 5, Sakurai can't decide which one and the only person he trusts enough to make this decision is you.
Who do you cut, and why?

I personally would cut Pikachu.
I wouldn't want to, but I think that Pikachu would be the right choice, considering all the others cool Pokémon currently in the game. Charizard or Mewtwo can be the mascots of the franchise in Smash.
Also, I just don't really like fighting against Pikachus, heh.

Initially the idea was asking who to cut from the original twelve characters, but I already know everyone would cut either Luigi or Jigglypuff.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I can already see that. Smash trailer, a bunch of newcomers and veterans, it ends...

And then...

Codec Call, just like 12 years ago...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Let's play pretend.
Pretend that, because of reasons, one of the original eight veterans of the franchise has to get cut from Smash 5, Sakurai can't decide which one and the only person he trusts enough to make this decision is you.
Who do you cut, and why?

I wouldn't want to, but I think that Pikachu would be the right choice, considering all the others cool Pokémon currently in the game. Charizard or Mewtwo can be the mascots of the franchise in Smash.

Initially the idea was asking who to cut from the original twelve characters, but I already know everyone would cut either Luigi or Jigglypuff.
Oooh, yikes. Considering I'm a pro-OG 8 advocate, this is gonna be tough.

I would say Fox. His series might get attention here and there, it's only gotten soft rollouts...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

To your spoiler, Ness is a possibility too.

As for this, hmm... that's pretty difficult. I like them all. Fox seems like he's from a slowly dying series. While the rest are more active among the original 8. Never mind how many of them are far bigger all-stars in comparison. Samus is similar, but is far more active, meaning I feel she should stay.

And I like Fox a lot too, but still, seems like the most reasonable choice to me.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Alright I'm going to bed, when i wake up it'll be time for smash info finally!!! I expect this site will inevitably crash so next time I'm on here I expect we'll all have much more info to discuss!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

Kirby.

To make him cry as much as he made me by making an iconic character a counter for three games.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

As for this, hmm... that's pretty difficult. I like them all. Fox seems like he's from a slowly dying series. While the rest are more active among the original 8. Never mind how many of them are far bigger all-stars in comparison. Samus is similar, but is far more active, meaning I feel she should stay.

And I like Fox a lot too, but still, seems like the most reasonable choice to me.
I'm pretty sure Ness is in the fire silhouette

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

Mario

Waluigi shall be the rightful hero of the Mushroom Kingdom now :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure Ness is in the fire silhouette
The context of the post I was replying to was talking about "who you'd cut". Check the post I replied to. I said Ness for a very different reason that what you likely meant.

Anyway, I'm glad Ness is here to stay, if it helps. :)

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

Easy: Fox.

He is pretty inarguably from the least relevant series of the original 8 and on a more personal level playing against him makes me sad.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Easy: Fox.

He is pretty inarguably from the least relevant series of the original 8 and on a more personal level playing against him makes me sad.
Hell no. Star Fox is actually quite relevant today. That title would go to Ness and Captain Falcon. Star Fox had Zero two years ago, just was announced to appear in Ubisoft's Starlink today and Star Fox Grand Prix has been leaked for Nintendo's e3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hell no. Star Fox is actually quite relevant today. That title would go to Ness and Captain Falcon. Star Fox had Zero two years ago, just was announced to appear in Ubisoft's Starlink today and Star Fox Grand Prix has been leaked for Nintendo's e3.
"Of the original 8". Captain Falcon and Ness are not of the original 8.

https://smashboards.com/threads/e3-...switch-discussion-thread.434391/post-22111376 Please read this post very carefully. Our responses are based upon the rules set of this little game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

It's an honestly even tie between Samus and Fox for me.

For very similar reasons too. They've both been irrelevant for quite some time, despite both of them getting a bit of a revival. However, when stacked up against Mario characters, Link, Sakurai's baby blob, and literally the mouse that is as Iconic as Mario is, it really does come down to those two.

I'd honestly say they're interchangeable. But if I was forced to pick, I'd keep Samus for the sake of having the only female of the original 8 alive.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
My fellow Smash Brethren...

Look up, and behold. For we have entered into the Great Fray.

This realm of possibility... This realm of unreality... This realm of childhood imaginations crossing into the dimensions of the tangible.

Battle. Combat. Movement. Energy. Chaos. Order. Balance. Fire. Lightning. Flesh. Bones. Muscles. Steel. Hearts. Minds. Souls. Spirits.

Blood.

Sweat.

Tears.

SMASH.

(This song is hype btw)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I have a question. If Kirby copies Peach's abilities, is that REALLY Toad he's using or is it a fake?
Looks like the Double Cherry was a thing earlier than we thought.

If I was being more serious though, I'd probably cut Samus. We still have Zero Suit Samus after all. Not ideal but at least all the OG8 make it then

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

As long as Sakurai is at the helm, I don't see Ness ever being a possibility ever again tbh. He could have been cut in Melee and Brawl, but then we get to Smash 4 and he was the only Mother character to make base roster.

EDIT: Saw the context. My bad.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman

Let's play pretend.
Who do you cut, and why?

Oh this is easy. I'd cut the clone, red luigi. No time for background characters here.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Tomorrow is going to be different. Sakurai sure has changed since Smash 4....
download.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom