• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i kind of want it to happen too

like ALL of smash would be in ruins

us toaders would be like "DAISY SKIPPED IN THE LINE!!! IT WAS OUR TURN!!!"

the waluigi fans would be like "HOW COME SHE'S IN AND WE'RE NOT"

the paper mario fans would be like "uhhh can i at least be recognized in smash???"

the daisy fans? i think most would be quiet and enjoy the ride but there'd be some going to the other mario fans and rubbing it in

and the whole other fanbases of smash? "SHUT UP ALREADY!"

What would Daisy do differently than Peach exactly? Not really against her inclusion, I just cant really think of any moves she could differently than peach that would warrant her being a clone/semiclone. But im not THAT familiar with her character though. Any Daisy supporters here have any good move ideas?
honestly like all the other spinoff characters there's not much Daisy can call her own but I think as a clone she'd be a more aggressive style of Peach. Like Peach fights really elegantly with high kicks and slaps, Daisy? Turn those high kicks into face kicks and slaps into jabs. Change all the hearts in Peach's moveset to flowers and essentially make all of Peach's physical hits less elegant.

Turn the turnips into maybe planting a Piranha that shoots fire, to show off Daisy's association with plants. Or maybe just planting traps that grow into Lip's Flower. Change Toad to maybe a racket that leaves people with Lip's Flower effect also? Maybe Toad changes to Daisy summoning a Dice Block above her and it does damage based off of the number she hits, akin to G&W's hammer. Turn Peach's Booty Bump to a javelin or just a knee kick if they wanna be lazy lol.

Final Smash? From Mario Sports Mix she can summon a garden, have her do the same in Smash with vines growing out of it, trashing whoever got caught in it and giving them Lip's Flower. Daisy as a clone would just be a stronger, faster Peach who fights more violently with sports tools imo.

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
If a character or something gets in, one person has to change their avatar/pfp to something for a long amount of time.

I’m willing to bet no new Fire Emblem characters in the base roster.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
If a character or something gets in, one person has to change their avatar/pfp to something for a long amount of time.

I’m willing to bet no new Fire Emblem characters in the base roster.
Deal.
I bet Chorus Kid(s?) will be in.
Tell me the avatar and I'll follow my fate.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Alright guys, here's a wild discussion topic.

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.
Raiden from Metal Gear Rising or Frank West or Dante

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Raiden from Metal Gear Rising or Frank West or Dante
Like I said, series as a whole cannot have shown up on a Nintendo platform. So Raiden is out.

Frank and Dante have appeared in a handful of Capcom crossover games like Project X Zone too, so they're a no-no.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Deal.
I bet Chorus Kid(s?) will be in.
Tell me the avatar and I'll follow my fate.
Hmmmm...
I predict a new Rhythm Heaven character but I have doubts about it being Chorus Kids...

Anyone else you’re willing to bet on? Chorus Kids is fine but anyone else?

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Hmmmm...
I predict a new Rhythm Heaven character but I have doubts about it being Chorus Kids...

Anyone else you’re willing to bet on? Chorus Kids is fine but anyone else?
Nooooot really, heh.
It's like, the only thing I'm 100% sure about, besides the return of newcomers such as Wolf and the Ice Climbers.
Any suggestions?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Found a great post on ResetEra and wanted to repost it here because it's pure gold:
Vergeben was faking! It is over!

You said Ridley hype would never die while his fans still stanned for him! They STILL stan for him! They have edited their avatars stanning for him!

Are there no other leaks that tease Ridley?

Are there no other leaks?"

There was some teasing by some era mods. But it was just "Too Big" jokes! That's not substantial enough to go on!

Gather every tease into a collection! And make sure there's a timeline!

Deconfirmed so many times? What can fans do against such indifference?

Hype with me.

Hype until the end.

For disappointment and avatar quotes?

For Ridley! For the end of all this discussion!

E3 is coming

"Look to my coming at 9 AM PST on June 12. At noon EST, tune into the 2018 E3 Nintendo Direct."

Yes! The hype for Ridley shall burn in me, one last time!

Yes!

Let this be the hour, we crash Era together.

Fell Deeds awaken. Now for Villains. Now for Metroid! And a **********ing Space Dragon!

*HYPE*

Forth Smash Era!

Smashboards!

Smash Era hypes alone

r/smashbros: Not alone!

Ridley Stans! To Smash 5!

In the presence of great art, so beautiful.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Like I said, series as a whole cannot have shown up on a Nintendo platform. So Raiden is out.
I’m sure that out of all of the Metal Gears on Nintendo consoles, you could gather enough voice lines to make a YouTube-Poop style compilation of everyone saying “Raiden” with hacked together syllables. Based on Cloud’s inclusion, that’s probably enough for Sakurai.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.
Any character from a series that Sony completely owns the rights to (God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper etc.) would be an absolute earthbreaker.

Of course, the chances of such a thing happening are probably in a "Higher than 0, lower than 1" situation.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to place an avatar bet, why not?

I'll bet that Geno will make it in as a playable character in the base roster. That's a very "Can definitely happen, can definitely not happen" kinda prediction. I have faith. Maybe that faith is misplaced, but I don't care. :V

Dunno what my "punishment" will be, but if anyone wants to bet against me we can figure that out.
I'll take that bet. Partly because my luck is terrible and I genuinely want Geno for his fans (their suffering has been as long as the Ridley/K. Rool fans), and partly because sadly I don't think he's going to happen. Ideas for a punishment?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

I'd probably add a Blizzard character, I think from either Starcraft (Kerrigan) or Warcraft (Thrall, Uther). Blizzard has a pretty widespread influence due to the absolutely massive size of World of Warcraft, as well as Starcraft being one of the major esports worldwide for a long time. That's all before we even mention the new competitive juggernaut of Overwatch. If we're really reaching for some 3rd party character who has never been on a Nintendo console, I think Blizzard is a very interesting place to look.

Clone talk?

There a new video about Dixie with Nantendo.
The fear of Dixie being a clone is very upsetting to me. I really like her and she's my favorite Kong, but I found Diddy super boring to play in Smash 4. I don't want her to be relegated to what I perceive as a boring character when she could at least be unique.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

Blinx the Time Sweeper. That's the one I'd like to see. Or Kratos from God of War.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'll take that bet. Partly because my luck is terrible and I genuinely want Geno for his fans (their suffering has been as long as the Ridley/K. Rool fans), and partly because sadly I don't think he's going to happen. Ideas for a punishment?
Hmmmm...

Who is your most wanted character for Smash, regardless of what you think their chances are?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

i wanna say a Wakfu class 'cause i like the character designs in that game, but i'm torn between Xelor and Ecaflip. hmm.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ridley by far. :)
Perrrfect. *Laughs in bit crunched dragon screams*

Loser has to hyper-exaggerate their character to horrific degrees.

What I mean by that is Geno is a doll. So if I lose, I have to change my avatar to Barbie. :happysheep:

If you lose, you have to change your avatar to Barnie or something of that Calibur, because big purple dinosaur thingy. :V

We'll be stuck with it for at least a month. But it can go longer if you're so inclined.

And keep in mind, I said from the ENTIRE base Roster, not E3. So A. We'd have to keep track of this bet for a little while and B. I don't lose until we know the entire roster, right down to the secret characters.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Perrrfect. *Laughs in bit crunched dragon screams*

Loser has to hyper-exaggerate their character to horrific degrees.

What I mean by that is Geno is a doll. So if I lose, I have to change my avatar to Barbie. :happysheep:

If you lose, you have to change your avatar to Barnie, because big purple dinosaur thingy. :V

We'll be stuck with it for at least a month. But it can go longer if you're so inclined. And keep in mind, I said from the ENTIRE base Roster, not E3. So A. We'd have to keep track of this bet for a little while and B. I don't lose until we know the entire roster, right down to the secret characters.
Hahaha, this is fantastic. I am SO in.

Sounds good. Until we know the entire base roster the bet is still on. I'm totally fine keeping track of this too. It'll be fun!

And for the record, I hope you win. I'm all for reppin' Ridley with Barnie.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pre-shows under way for IGN and for Twitch.

I have doubts there'll be anything outside of sportsportssportssports but what else is there to do.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I agree but you had a tiny error.

Made an error but everything else is on point.

Delphox ain't Braxien no one cares about Delphox.

Another one: Do people care about Riolu or Lucario?

Another: Pichu, Raichu, or PIKACHU?

The two baby fire lizards or the big cool fire-breathing dragon that is Charizard?
Yes, people do care about Riolu and Lucario.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hahaha, this is fantastic. I am SO in.

Sounds good. Until we know the entire base roster the bet is still on. I'm totally fine keeping track of this too. It'll be fun!

And for the record, I hope you win. I'm all for reppin' Ridley with Barnie.
You got it then, consider our internet hands shaken.

Oh, and of course for me, no cut corners. If he gets a trophy, Mii Costume again, or is even confirmed as one of the first DLC characters, I still lose. And if that weird Geno + Mallow combo indeed is real somehow, you still lose because Geno is still in there. Guess that goes without saying though.

And daw, thanks man. I'm of course also pulling for our fanbase-abused vicious Space Pirate as well. Not that that has anything to do with the bet.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
You got it then, consider our internet hands shaken.

And daw, thanks man. I'm of course also pulling for our fanbase-abused vicious Space Pirate as well. Not that that has anything to do with the bet.
Our internet hands have been shaken. There is no going back.

Thank you my friend. Always had a soft spot for Geno. And like I said, rooting for you guys!

Always loved your posts on here too--another reason I took your bet! Should be fun! :)

HoldieBowldie

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but I haven't seen anything regarding it, so does anyone else want those extra voice clips from Brawl(the ones that go through the controller when you pick a character) to come back? It was just a small gimmick, but with joy-cons being able to create sounds with vibrating(like MK8D), I think it's very possible.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Geralt from the Witcher series. I wonder how Sakurai would see him, being from a book series but also from a wildly popular video game series.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I still think Smash 5 isn't a port of the Wii U version, it's a new game reusing some Smash Wii U assets, if it was a port, why would Ninty waste their time developing a new logo or a teaser trailer

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman

The Postal Dude from Postal 2. Everything about that game is over the top and needlessly offensive, but he probably has more then enough weapons at his disposal to make a decent fighting game character. Also, hearing his voice would be really funny.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Sam and Max would make a pretty good fighting team, now that I think about it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Hmmmm...

Who is your most wanted character for Smash, regardless of what you think their chances are?
Definitely Soleil! I absolutely love her to bits!

I have no idea for most likely, but I'd probably end up picking Undyne, but if she doesn't count because of the planned port to Switch, then definitely Tracer from Overwatch.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In the Pokemon games its terrible for competitive play
Doesn’t matter. :jigglypuffmelee: > :mewtwomelee: happened.

Just because a Pokémon is great for competitive play in Pokémon games doesn’t mean that Pokémon would be great for competitive play in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom