• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
why groan at the truth? the quality of the fanbase that gave us a 4 million word fanfic that has managed to surpass war and peace in size must be maintained.
I can do that too though, just give me a computer, word and an endless supply of coffee and 1 energy drink.
In all seriousness, the Smash fanbase has a LOT of bad apples just like every other franchise that exists

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Found the old quote. Looks like the search function brings in 10 pages now so you need to get specific

If they did an Alola Pokemon Trainer in the same format ol' Red, which family would be at what stage?

Rowlett line: I'm thinking it's 50/50 on it being Decidueye or Rowlett as both are popular in their own right.
Litten line: I'm thinking Torracat or Inceneroar. Ash has got Torracat in the anime now and they've been pushing Incenaroar with the last movie and the Maked Royal arc in the anime too.
Poplio line: The whole line has the same basic body shape so any of them could work with the same moveset.

So my picks are

Rowlett-Brionne-Incenaroar (personal pick)
Poplio-Torracat-Decidueye
or Rowlett-Torracat-Primarina

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
that ridley and botw stuff leak wasnt really made to be spread around, suprissed it got here.

it was more of a how would a leak look with a character i want scenario.

the k rool model is a very obvious giveway which is why i used it. sorry for wasting your time guys...this wasnt supposed to get far
View attachment 147435
less blurry version
Dont worry, you didnt wasted anyone time, only the guys that believe everything believed it .

Regarding blurriness , slight reminder that the ONLY LEGIT CONFIRMED leak of e3 came from a very standard high resolution camera. (the paladins sheet) and even then someone piggybacked on that leak, and suddenly, that leaker camera traveled 20 years in time, to bring us marvels such as Fire Emblem, "Reawekening"

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
>Implying Pokken matter
BOY I CANT WAIT TO PLAY GRENINJA! AKA THE MOST POPULAR GEN 6 POKEMON AND ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVER
>Implying popularity is shared between evolution
*Laugh in first starter evolution*
*Laugh in Relicanth obviously popular because Milotic is*
>Implying Relicath evolves into Milotic

Try again

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
>Implying Pokken matter
BOY I CANT WAIT TO PLAY GRENINJA! AKA THE MOST POPULAR GEN 6 POKEMON AND ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVER
*Laugh in Feebas obviously popular because Milotic is*
I agree but you had a tiny error.

Try again
Made an error but everything else is on point.

Delphox ain't Braxien no one cares about Delphox.

Another one: Do people care about Riolu or Lucario?

Another: Pichu, Raichu, or PIKACHU?

The two baby fire lizards or the big cool fire-breathing dragon that is Charizard?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Try again
OOF forgot it was Feebas

Smfh, I can't remember 812 x 2 for two language Pokémon name. (French and English)
But you got my point

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that there will be any Microsoft content in Smash until the XBox One is formally discontinued.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I don't get how people don't get the Decideueye echo chambers....like it's not the most popular gen 7 Pokemon or even starter...

But it's definitely become the most popular smash roster prediction pick!...but Sakurai doesn't look at that XD

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Attack of the Clones.

They don't take up too much developement time. Offers different variations on gameplays (which is nice), and scores one more character into the roster and makes it feel bigger. Each game gets some, and this one won't be different.

What clone characters do you believe is very likely, who could you see got a chance, and who not so much, but you'd still don't mind seeing.

Mine;

Very likely;

- Wolf (Return). Makes sense that Wolf might get back. If a new Star Fox is true, and the timing of this game, this could happen.
- Dixie Kong. Tropical Freeze re-release, and TF in itself back when it was new. Popular, and makes sense.
- Octoling. Since we got confirmation on Inklings, this could happen, and I'd be welcome to it.

Got a chance;

- Alph. He did have a chance to be a seperate character in SSB4, but was just an alt.
- Second ARMS character. This is just in case an ARMS character happens at all and not just eventual DLC.
- Dark Samus. Could happen, as Metroid has been lacking, and if Ridz get's canned again then it could be DSamus turn.

Not much, but could happen;

- Blood Falcon. If I can't get Samurai Goroh, then why not Blood Falcon.
- Daisy. Not something I'd be entirely thrilled about, but it could happen.
- Birdo. Don't know why, but Yoshi has been alone since SSB64, perhaps Birdo would get inn this way if Sakurai is desperate?
I see all three clones from Smash 4 returning for this game, with two or three added onto it. This could be Pichu returning from Melee, Alph being upgraded to playable status, or someone else entirely. It really all depends on what Sakurai wants to do with the extra development time.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
OOF forgot it was Feebas

Smfh, I can't remember 812 x 2 for two language Pokémon name. (French and English)
But you got my point
No, I don’t, because feebas is actually the most popular pokemon of all time and is canonically the creator of the pokemon universe, sooo...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly if daisy gets in (as a clone) without toad paper mario or waluigi

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest :joyful:

EDIT: as a clone or not i still wouldnt be surprised lol

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

EDIT: as a clone or not i still wouldnt be surprised lol
I just want to see the ****post on ResetERA and GameFAQS with HIM once Daisy finally get in.
Especially if neither Captain Toad, Waluigi or other popular picks doesn't make it in

Polan

Smash Lord
>Implying Pokken matter
*Laugh in Relicanth obviously popular because Milotic is*
>implying pokken doesn't matter

also since rowlet is so popular, a lot of people likely picked him. these people then went through the game with the objectively superior starter and likely evolved him all the way to decidueye. which means that there's more decidueyes out there than incineroars and primarinas making him the only real choice for smash bros. also not editing your post so that i can immortalize you mistaking our lord and savior feebas with that inferior clone relincath.

D

Deleted member

I would, because Dasiy is clearly not getting in Smash Bros. I am not saying she is impossible, but compared to all the other potential Mario characters, her chances are quite low.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
also not editing your post so that i can immortalize you mistaking our lord and savior feebas with that inferior clone relincath.
Just got the English name wrong dude- It's already pretty hard like that to remember French Name of 812 pokemon, i barely manage to do that, so English name too? Gimmie some slack ;-;

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
What would Daisy do differently than Peach exactly? Not really against her inclusion, I just cant really think of any moves she could differently than peach that would warrant her being a clone/semiclone. But im not THAT familiar with her character though. Any Daisy supporters here have any good move ideas?

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Attack of the Clones.

They don't take up too much developement time. Offers different variations on gameplays (which is nice), and scores one more character into the roster and makes it feel bigger. Each game gets some, and this one won't be different.

What clone characters do you believe is very likely, who could you see got a chance, and who not so much, but you'd still don't mind seeing.

Mine;

Very likely;

- Wolf (Return). Makes sense that Wolf might get back. If a new Star Fox is true, and the timing of this game, this could happen.
- Dixie Kong. Tropical Freeze re-release, and TF in itself back when it was new. Popular, and makes sense.
- Octoling. Since we got confirmation on Inklings, this could happen, and I'd be welcome to it.

Got a chance;

- Alph. He did have a chance to be a seperate character in SSB4, but was just an alt.
- Second ARMS character. This is just in case an ARMS character happens at all and not just eventual DLC.
- Dark Samus. Could happen, as Metroid has been lacking, and if Ridz get's canned again then it could be DSamus turn.

- Birdo. Don't know why, but Yoshi has been alone since SSB64, perhaps Birdo would get in this way if Sakurai is desperate?
I think Octolings will be alternative costumes for the Inklings, and I'm sure Wolf will be back.
What I both want and think we will see are Alph and Blood Falcon.
It's like the fifth time I say this on this thread, but Olimar's moveset in Smash 4 is too complex because of all the Pikmin species, would be nice to make him a simpler character by giving Alph half of the races.

Blood Dragon, instead, I think would inherit Ganondorf's moveset, giving him the chance to be more loyal to his more recent appearances and saving Ganondorf's current from possible a cancellation.

They kind of have a reason to be there and to be considered as newcomers.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't get how people don't get the Decideueye echo chambers....like it's not the most popular gen 7 Pokemon or even starter...
I get that's its cool and unique but mannnnnnnnnnn that's where the train stops.

In the Pokemon games its terrible for competitive play. Which sucks cuz I like him.

Long Reach sounds good on paper but again, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it doesn't really do anything when put into practice.

It comes down to being a get out of jail free card for a bunch of abilities (save for steel thorns and rough skin) that are based on RNG.

The only starter that's got a really GOOD hidden ability is Inceniroar. Intimidate isn't unique at all but it works. Liquid voice is interesting but really is simply awful.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What would Daisy do differently than Peach exactly? Not really against her inclusion, I just cant really think of any moves she could differently than peach that would warrant her being a clone/semiclone. But im not THAT familiar with her character though. Any Daisy here have any good move ideas?
You know, on other website, this would have been a summoning ritual to all of her fans.... I'm not sure if you really want that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What would Daisy do differently than Peach exactly? Not really against her inclusion, I just cant really think of any moves she could differently than peach that would warrant her being a clone/semiclone. But im not THAT familiar with her character though. Any Daisy supporters here have any good move ideas?
Daisy's like Schrodinger's pick: she has all the potential to make a new moveset but nothing in particular to call her own outside a flower theme.

On the most basic level, character wise, if Peach is a classic Disney Princess, Daisy's a 3D movie Disney Princess.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think Octolings will be alternative costumes for the Inklings, and I'm sure Wolf will be back.
What I both want and think we will see are Alph and Blood Falcon.
It's like the fifth time I say this on this thread, but Olimar's moveset in Smash 4 is too complex because of all the Pikmin species, would be nice to make him a simpler character by giving Alph half of the races.

Blood Dragon, instead, I think would inherit Ganondorf's moveset, giving him the chance to be more loyal to his more recent appearances and saving Ganondorf's current from possible a cancellation.

They kind of have a reason to be there and to be considered as newcomers.
if everything stays the same though, at least they could give blood falcon the alph treatment at least ._.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Alright guys, here's a wild discussion topic.

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.
Kratos. Why? He's a gaming icon and simply for the cool Axe and Blades of Chaos, and its absurd.

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173

Master Chief would be awesome.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Something from Undertale, Something from Darksouls :v

I mean, yeah, thats bound to change but geez they are taking their sweet time.

Uhm... tf2 and overwatch are the only ones i would really like... maybe gordon freeman.
Oh, and Heather Mason... although she techincally have been in a nintendo game DX

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Noctis from FFXV, After Tekken he comes to Smash :yeahboi:
The series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo system, so Noct is disqualified. :3

Something from Undertale, Something from Darksouls :v

I mean, yeah, thats bound to change but geez they are taking their sweet time.

Uhm... tf2 and overwatch are the only ones i would really like... maybe gordon freeman.
Oh, and Heather Mason... although she techincally have been in a nintendo game DX
Undertale and Dark Souls are both on their way to Switch as we speak..
All the rest of those are good choices though.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Attack of the Clones.

Mine;

Very likely;

Got a chance;

- Birdo. Don't know why, but Yoshi has been alone since SSB64, perhaps Birdo would get inn this way if Sakurai is desperate?
What about Dark Link?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
What about Dark Link?
Could happen. You never know. Still, like many of the others listed. It's about priority, and many of them will be down prioritized. We just got to wait and see. Most clones are always revealed last anyways.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm willing to place an avatar bet, why not?

I'll bet that Geno will make it in as a playable character in the base roster. That's a very "Can definitely happen, can definitely not happen" kinda prediction. I have faith. Maybe that faith is misplaced, but I don't care. :V

Dunno what my "punishment" will be, but if anyone wants to bet against me we can figure that out.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just got the English name wrong dude- It's already pretty hard like that to remember French Name of 812 pokemon, i barely manage to do that, so English name too? Gimmie some slack ;-;
Now I'm glad we just use English names here.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Undertale and Dark Souls are both on their way to Switch as we speak..
All the rest of those are good choices though.
I know... but surely they are a tad slow about it ... well, im still waiting for ultimate chicken horse for switch. that game could have been up there along overcooked and stardew valley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom