• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Found a great post on ResetEra and wanted to repost it here because it's pure gold:
Vergeben was faking! It is over!

You said Ridley hype would never die while his fans still stanned for him! They STILL stan for him! They have edited their avatars stanning for him!

Are there no other leaks that tease Ridley?

Are there no other leaks?"

There was some teasing by some era mods. But it was just "Too Big" jokes! That's not substantial enough to go on!

Gather every tease into a collection! And make sure there's a timeline!

Deconfirmed so many times? What can fans do against such indifference?

Hype with me.

Hype until the end.

For disappointment and avatar quotes?

For Ridley! For the end of all this discussion!

E3 is coming

"Look to my coming at 9 AM PST on June 12. At noon EST, tune into the 2018 E3 Nintendo Direct."

Yes! The hype for Ridley shall burn in me, one last time!

Yes!

Let this be the hour, we crash Era together.

Fell Deeds awaken. Now for Villains. Now for Metroid! And a **********ing Space Dragon!

*HYPE*

Forth Smash Era!

Smashboards!

Smash Era hypes alone

r/smashbros: Not alone!

Ridley Stans! To Smash 5!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Found a great post on ResetEra and wanted to repost it here because it's pure gold:

You said Ridley hype would never die while his fans still stanned for him! They STILL stan for him! They have edited their avatars stanning for him!

There was some teasing by some era mods. But it was just "Too Big" jokes! That's not substantial enough to go on!

Hype with me.

Hype until the end.

E3 is coming

"Look to my coming at 9 AM PST on June 12. At noon EST, tune into the 2018 E3 Nintendo Direct."

Yes!

Fell Deeds awaken. Now for Villains. Now for Metroid! And a **********ing Space Dragon!

*HYPE*

Forth Smash Era!

Smashboards!

Smash Era hypes alone

That's epic if this happens

Post it again if Ridley really is confirmed playable

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hype with me.

Hype until the end.

E3 is coming

Yes!

*HYPE*

Forth Smash Era!

Smashboards!

Smash Era hypes alone

Cool, but what's the purpose? Characters to be revealed are already determined as we talk.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But the thing is it will be a matter of time before a leaker takes a photo of the smash demo roster or leak footage of the direct

Keeping leakers at bay is like herding cats

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ridley is one of the characters I generally refrain from talking subjectively about but I hope he is in this new installment as a playable character.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Who are hyped for Ridley, y'all? Are we going to become bunch of suckers if the rumor isn't correct? :p
I'm hoping he's still in regardless of the rumours being false- perhaps another reveal closer to the release date. Ridley fans have been waiting for so long that it's about that time tbh, we don't need another Ridley fandom meltdown again.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Implying that we aren't already suckers for getting so hyped up by a rumor that could easily be wrong.
Im like double sucker since Ridley and Simon, but, yeah it will probably fake, it will lead us to certain death. there is no real guarantee there is anything for us there in that wasteland.

yet we still going.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Who are hyped for Ridley, y'all? Are we going to become bunch of suckers if the rumor isn't correct? :p
If the rumors aren't true and he isn't in I hope a credible leak will come out beforehand to deconfirm it, just so we can enjoy E3 for what it is when it happens. ResetEra is absolutely Ridley mad atm too, the whole site will probably come crashing down if he isn't revealed lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>People taking Rumor seriously
>Not taking them like a Telenovela drama waiting for what will happens next

Nonetheless, I'll be hyped no matter the announcement, even if the rumor is deconfirmed, I already said to everyone, I'll enjoy any characters as long as they sound and look fun.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
3 Days until we know whether Vergeben should be trusted. He already has a shaky record to begin with.

D

Deleted member

Updated Imgur rumor compilation from GameFAQS user GoldEmperorKing.
https://imgur.com/96hM2zI
Changes (copy pasted from GameFAQS):
>some color squares so it doesn't look to messy
>Masked Man info revised, included the fact he voluntarily cut off all his accounts (which i find pointless) and his extent of his credibility (being just a intern).
>the Castlevania new game/collection rumor by Vergeben's "mighty reputable" source, along with Konami E3 listing and a interview pertaining to Castlevania's return
>added the show planner rumor, he got in contact with Vergeben about it
>IndustryInsider1 backing the Snake rumor (there's probably connections with him and DasVergeben's reputable source too, who knows)
>added the project plan setbacks on Celica and Rex sections since people were talking about that alot
> not adding the 5ch piggyback rumor right now, rather wait until after E3 or more stuff starts starts dropping, because its too messy

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
If he's not confirmed, I hope we take this in stride and it doesn't become another Pyrosphere shadow embarrassment. At the least, I don't think people should criticize us for this, because leaks both credible and semi-credible have vouched for Ridley. You can't blame us, because this will essentially be the closest Ridley has ever gotten to becoming a playable character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If he's not confirmed, I hope we take this in stride and it doesn't become another Pyrosphere shadow embarrassment. At the least, I don't think people should criticize us for this, because leaks both credible and semi-credible have vouched for Ridley. You can't blame us, because this will essentially be the closest Ridley has ever gotten to becoming a playable character.
It's not as bad because this time it's from a semi-creditable leaker

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, Vergeben, the biggest source for Ridley being playable, isn't very credible. He has said that Gen 8 is coming out this year, that MP4 would be shown off in January, TWEWY2 being a thing, Mother 3 being localized, and Hearthstone coming to the Switch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We don't know if Ridley was close to being playable or not. Ridley is either in or not, we are just talking about Schrödinger's Cat.

Polan

Smash Lord
the one thing i'm dreading about ridley, simon and snake being revealed is that the godawful riddler leak will probably gain some traction. hopefully one or two of the characters in that leak show up as casualties in the inevitable e3 deconfirmation massacre.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I actually love how none of the leaks feel particularly credible.
That way at E3 even if by the off chance one is correct, i'm still gonna be surprised.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
the one thing i'm dreading about ridley, simon and snake being revealed is that the godawful riddler leak will probably gain some traction. hopefully one or two of the characters in that leak show up as casualties in the inevitable e3 deconfirmation massacre.
That's likely piggybacked

And the masked man user deconfirmed the part with sora or geno

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They're only leaks once confirmed, until then they're rumors. I think that's a fair criticism. :p

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, I still think that Vergeben is fake. I don't think that any Konami character is getting in because of what happened with Hideo Kojima. I also highly doubt that there will be any Minecraft content because it is owned by Microsoft.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if Ridley was close to being playable or not. Ridley is either in or not, we are just talking about Schrödinger's Cat.
Well...closest in feeling. I go back and forth between here, Gamefaqs, and Resetera, and one thing I've noticed is that atleast half of this assembled Smash community agrees on one thing: It's time to make Ridley a playable character. Even Youtube channels who discuss Smash, like Gamexplain, share the same opinion.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If Sora got into Smash and had a Micky and Goofy Assist trophy, or if Micky and Goofy appeared in his final smash, or if they even got simple trophies.

How would you feel about the appearance of non-Nintendo "fourth" party content in Smash Bros?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well, I still think that Vergeben is fake. I don't think that any Konami character is getting in because of what happened with Hideo Kojima. I also highly doubt that there will be any Minecraft content because it is owned by Microsoft.

this says hi

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I could easily, and I mean easily see that Banjo Kazooie became playable, while a Minecraft stage and Assist Trophy where presented.
Phil Spencer did not mind BK in Smash, nor working with N'Tendo to be an issue. It was in perfect time for when planning this game, and if BK did well on the Ballot, which I believe it did, then why not?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think a collaboration with Microsoft is unlikely, Phil Spencer has already shown willingness to work have their content in Smash, and it's pretty clear that they don't view Nintendo as a rival, but more so as a company doing its own separate thing. Furthermore, with how Microsoft is losing their battle with Sony pretty badly they'll want any kind of positive exposure they can get, and Smash would present their IPs to a new audience.

I'm also confident that Nintendo's higher ups wouldn't get in the way, otherwise they'd have done so with Snake and Cloud. It all depends on Sakurai really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom