• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
All the playable third party characters in Smash Bros have had franchises that existed since the arcade era and appeared on the nes, with the exception of Sega.
I feel like this could be some sort of standard or expectation Sakurai has for the inclusion of certain third party characters.

Probably not though.

I want Geno lol.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Sora got into Smash and had a Micky and Goofy Assist trophy, or if Micky and Goofy appeared in his final smash, or if they even got simple trophies.

How would you feel about the appearance of non-Nintendo "fourth" party content in Smash Bros?
Then I start demanding Team Rocket Meowth and Captain N and Mickey Mouse (based on Mickey Mousecapade and The Magical Quest) for Smash. The “no anime” rule would be null and void if we start getting Disney characters in Smash even as trophies.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I've always thought Steve to be one of the best Microsoft reps.
Why are people against him? He fits all the checkboxes for a good character to be in tbh.
- Popular
- Relevant
- Moveset
- Unique

Perhaps it's just me, but if every company somehow got two reps, I would hope for Banjo and Steve as Microsofts.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Microsoft gets a character in Smash, I think my preference would be Master Chief. I hate Steve and I never really got into the Banjo thing. Master Chief is historical af and he's just a really cool design. He has plenty to go off of that wouldn't require him to use real guns, too.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Why are people against him? He fits all the checkboxes for a good character to be in tbh.
- Popular
- Relevant
- Moveset
- Unique

Perhaps it's just me, but if every company somehow got two reps, I would hope for Banjo and Steve as Microsofts.
I'm not against him, but he is aesthetically displeasing.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, Vergeben, the biggest source for Ridley being playable, isn't very credible. He has said that Gen 8 is coming out this year, that MP4 would be shown off in January, TWEWY2 being a thing, Mother 3 being localized, and Hearthstone coming to the Switch.
Wait a minute. Did Vergeben say all that? I don't remember that at all.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
But that game makes it quite clear that nintendo and microsoft working together isn't out of the question at all.
Microsoft and Nintendo have worked together before, I don't think anyone would be surprised.
But Nintendo has also worked with a lot of different companies and developers besides Microsoft in the past.
Yet they didn't get content in Smash.

So If the prior user was specifically intending that just because they're working together doesn't automatically translate to Smash content.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- Popular
- Relevant
- Moveset
- Unique

"Ewwww CRINGE! Get these cringy children away from Smash, they'll ruin the fanbase!"

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
- Popular
- Relevant
- Moveset
- Unique

I think we all recognize that he's very possible which is why he comes up so often. He's just hideous and would feel more out of place than many characters who already feel out of place.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you need to waste 15 hours waiting, this will help.

Used this to pass time over several months and I've only just gotten to Pac-Man

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If King K. Rool is in the next DKC game developed by Retro, is he a "Retro" pick? But if he's not in the next game but is still in Smash, does that still leave him as a retro pick? :thinking:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

"Decidueye overtook the other starters in popularity"

Okay so am I out of the loop or is GameXplain because this has never been the case.

I mean Pokken is a thing but Greninja didn't get in and it owned the 6th generation of Pokemon.

Rogerbase's statement is true due to Inceniroar being based on a cultural wrestling icon that's in a ton of media.

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
- Popular
- Relevant
- Unique
Popular and relevant sure, but to be honest when I try to imagine a Steve moveset for Smash what comes out is just a third Link.
Bow, bombs/TNT, a big sword he swings around, some weird gadget for his side-special ... The only thing that I can see differing from the two is that Steve can build things, so maybe he'd get a special similar to Villager's tree or Pacman's hydrant.

I just don't see him that original or unique of an addition to the roster.

that ridley and botw stuff leak wasnt really made to be spread around, suprissed it got here.

it was more of a how would a leak look with a character i want scenario.

the k rool model is a very obvious giveway which is why i used it. sorry for wasting your time guys...this wasnt supposed to get far
improved leak.png

less blurry version

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If King K. Rool is in the next DKC game developed by Retro, is he a "Retro" pick? But if he's not in the next game but is still in Smash, does that still leave him as a retro pick? :thinking:
Even without an appearance in the next DKC game, I still wouldn't consider K. Rool to be "retro". The croc made appearances in DS and GameCube games.

Polan

Smash Lord
If Sora got into Smash and had a Micky and Goofy Assist trophy, or if Micky and Goofy appeared in his final smash, or if they even got simple trophies.

How would you feel about the appearance of non-Nintendo "fourth" party content in Smash Bros?
mickey mouse is like the only non-video game character that i would tolerate in smash bros. mostly because of how integral disney was to nintendo early on their history.

also i'm on a stream waiting for the ea conference to start and there's a smash bros argument in the chat. the smash hype is so strong its spilling into other conferences.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Eradicate? I see your organization still hasn't upgraded to using the neuralyzer yet huh? You're so old fashioned.
Listen, when your organization's primary purpose is to conquer the galaxy and dismantle the Galactic Federation, as well being constantly threatened by a lone, absurdly powerful and nigh invulnerable bounty hunter, a stun gun would not be high on our priority list.

Then again, our top priority usually just involves creating bio weapons, either cloning stuff, injecting stuff with phazon, or rebuilding Ridley. Sometimes two of those at the same time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't like Steve because... he's such an ugly "character" not to be demeaning towards minecraft or anything but everything in that game is just ugly. The pixelated yet blurry blocks atmosphere has never been appealing to me at all.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
that ridley and botw stuff leak wasnt really made to be spread around, suprissed it got here.

the k rool model is a very obvious giveway which is why i used it. sorry for wasting your time guys...this wasnt supposed to get far
View attachment 147435
less blurry version
Is it just me, or is Ridley ... TOO Small. :laugh:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
So here we are, the last weekend we will ever live through before the reveal of Smash 5. In just 3 days, we will know so much about the new game: the title, newcomers, possible new mechanics, game speed changes, and more. Never have I ever wanted a weekend to go by fast, but I’m feeling that way right now. Lets hang in there for just a little longer guys!

T-Hell

Smash Lord

"Decidueye overtook the other starters in popularity"

Okay so am I out of the loop or is GameXplain because this has never been the case.

I mean Pokken is a thing but Greninja didn't get in and it owned the 6th generation of Pokemon.

Rogerbase's statement is true due to Inceniroar being based on a cultural wrestling icon that's in a ton of media.
I think they meant he took over the other Alola starters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd be bummed to lose Squirtle and Ivysaur but Pokemon Trainer being reworked as Gen 7 based would be cool.

Bonus points if the final form Pokemon is Primarina meaning everyone is mad :)

I made a list a while back but the search function still isn't brilliant on my end.

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Personally, I think if a new Pokemon gets in it will be an Eeveelution (preferably Sylveon), as a way to promote Let's Go.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
I guess I am one of few here that is not bothered by Minecraft's aesthetics. I would welcome Steve with open arms. Would find that cool to be honest.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 147435
less blurry version
I just woke up and this is one of the first things I saw. My heart flipped as much as Yoshi's Flipping Island when I saw it, and then I learned almost right away that it was fake.

What a roller coaster of emotions this E3 ride has been for this Ridley fan...

Honestly though, I like the way Ridley appears here. He looks awesome. Not a bad fake leak.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Attack of the Clones.

They don't take up too much developement time. Offers different variations on gameplays (which is nice), and scores one more character into the roster and makes it feel bigger. Each game gets some, and this one won't be different.

What clone characters do you believe is very likely, who could you see got a chance, and who not so much, but you'd still don't mind seeing.

Mine;

Very likely;

- Wolf (Return). Makes sense that Wolf might get back. If a new Star Fox is true, and the timing of this game, this could happen.
- Dixie Kong. Tropical Freeze re-release, and TF in itself back when it was new. Popular, and makes sense.
- Octoling. Since we got confirmation on Inklings, this could happen, and I'd be welcome to it.

Got a chance;

- Alph. He did have a chance to be a seperate character in SSB4, but was just an alt.
- Second ARMS character. This is just in case an ARMS character happens at all and not just eventual DLC.
- Dark Samus. Could happen, as Metroid has been lacking, and if Ridz get's canned again then it could be DSamus turn.

Not much, but could happen;

- Blood Falcon. If I can't get Samurai Goroh, then why not Blood Falcon.
- Daisy. Not something I'd be entirely thrilled about, but it could happen.
- Birdo. Don't know why, but Yoshi has been alone since SSB64, perhaps Birdo would get inn this way if Sakurai is desperate?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
*laughs in pokken*
*laughs in pre-evo being the most popular gen 7 pokemon*
>Implying Pokken matter
BOY I CANT WAIT TO PLAY GRENINJA! AKA THE MOST POPULAR GEN 6 POKEMON AND ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVER
>Implying popularity is shared between evolution
*Laugh in first starter evolution*
*Laugh in Relicanth (Omit Admin is a ******) obviously mean Feebas who's popular because Milotic is*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom