• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If you were to choose a single character you think most likely to be revealed at E3 other than veterans or Inklings, who would you say and why?

Personally, I feel like Captain Toad is a fairly safe prediction, since it would tie in nicely with the rereleases of Captain Toad on Switch and 3DS. Toad is one of Nintendo's most recognizable remaining characters, and the Captain seems like the most obvious newcomer choice we have left. It would cater nicely to the more casual Nintendo gamer and would be a nice reveal to strengthen their presentation.

That said, I don't consider him much more likely to be revealed at E3 than my second prediction - Rayman. Third party characters have historically been shown off at E3 presentations, and Nintendo teaming up with Ubisoft to announce that their unofficial mascot is coming to Smash makes perfect sense if he's indeed in. Unlike Captain Toad, who has a shot at being revealed closer to the game's release ala Bowser Jr., Rayman really only has E3. If he's not revealed then, I don't think he's in the game at all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'll tell ya what. Since we both seem pretty confident in our choices, I'll take the bet.

If Tom Nook is playable, I'll make that my new avatar for a month.
If Mipha or any of the other three Champions are playable, you'll have to change your avatar to that Champion's respective Smash artwork for a month.
If both or neither is in Smash, nothing will happen.

I'm willing to do this till the end of E3 or till the game's official launch. It's your call. Deal? ;)
That is a done deal! :070:

Though my losing avatar could be a little more feisty. :p

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If you were to choose a single character you think most likely to be revealed at E3 other than veterans or Inklings, who would you say and why?

Personally, I feel like Captain Toad is a fairly safe prediction, since it would tie in nicely with the rereleases of Captain Toad on Switch and 3DS. Toad is one of Nintendo's most recognizable remaining characters, and the Captain seems like the most obvious newcomer choice we have left. It would cater nicely to the more casual Nintendo gamer and would be a nice reveal to strengthen their presentation.

That said, I don't consider him much more likely to be revealed at E3 than my second prediction - Rayman. Third party characters have historically been shown off at E3 presentations, and Nintendo teaming up with Ubisoft to announce that their unofficial mascot is coming to Smash makes perfect sense if he's indeed in. Unlike Captain Toad, who has a shot at being revealed closer to the game's release ala Bowser Jr., Rayman really only has E3. If he's not revealed then, I don't think he's in the game at all.
Dunno honestly.

I'm sure we'll get a third party, but as to who I'm not sure. Could be anyone from Crash Bandicoot to 2B really.

Only other one that comes to mind is K. Rool or Geno, but those are 50/50, depedning if they wanna announce possible ballot picks first or save em for the end.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reminder to everyone to keep it, mostly, on topic throughout E3.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Alright guys, here's a wild discussion topic.

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.
Not likely but I'd pick Edward Falcon or Wang Tang from Power Stone. Will always be my choice.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'll tell ya what. Since we both seem pretty confident in our choices, I'll take the bet.

If Tom Nook is playable, I'll make that my new avatar for a month.
If Mipha or any of the other three Champions are playable, you'll have to change your avatar to that Champion's respective Smash artwork for a month.
If both or neither is in Smash, nothing will happen.

I'm willing to do this till the end of E3 or till the game's official launch. It's your call. Deal? ;)
I want in on this too please sounds like fun :)

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
All I want is a great comeback from Jigglypuff. She does not deserve to be bad. I miss the balanced :jigglypuff64: and the supreme :jigglypuffmelee:.
I say this because the best way to make a joke character funnier and effective on its role is to make it good. It is amazing to play as Melee's Jigglypuff and slay the scary looking characters like Bowser and Gannondorf.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I say this because the best way to make a joke character funnier and effective on its role is to make it good. It is amazing to play as Melee's Jigglypuff and slay the scary looking characters like Bowser and Gannondorf.
Yeah but it's kinda lame for all the scary characters to be burning trash fires.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah but it's kinda lame for all the scary characters to be burning trash fires.
Or a heavy version of a preexisting character that they have nothing to do with...

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It's fitting when you think about it, though, since characters like Bowser and Ganondorf are destined to always lose in the end in their own main series games, so their anti-plot-armor carries into Smash 1v1s.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That's why we need Ridley, because he's scary and will obviously be busted as hell. :upsidedown:
We just need Ridley period. Being busted would be a bonus.
That is a done deal! :070:

Though my losing avatar could be a little more feisty. :p
You sure? This was my original pick.

1528573749042.png

I want in on this too please sounds like fun :)
Not sure how we could do it between three characters, but I guess you could pick a side. Tom Nook or the Champions?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn’t matter. :jigglypuffmelee: > :mewtwomelee: happened.

Just because a Pokémon is great for competitive play in Pokémon games doesn’t mean that Pokémon would be great for competitive play in Smash.
Melee definitely was a dark time for Mewtwo. While it's still not the best fighter in Smash 3DS / Wii U, at least Mewtwo has been improved significantly. Sadly, the transition from Melee to Smash 3DS / Wii U has turned Jigglypuff into our literal joke fighter.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We just need Ridley period. Being busted would be a bonus.

You sure? This was my original pick.

Not sure how we could do it between three characters, but I guess you could pick a side. Tom Nook or the Champions?
I will take that Daisy avatar! That is a better losing avatar than the Champion one! :demon:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure itf it's been posted already but here's something pertenant to the topi at hand

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm doing this avatar bet thing too, If everything about the Vergeben Leak gets confirmed, i'm changing my profile pic to this beautiful image

fat-yoshi-sans-5aa0144a36317.jpeg

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I appreciate you very much.

Honestly, though, I imagine that Samus Returns released too late to get the Metroid as a character. While I see the designs of Samus and Zero Suit Samus being updated, that's a lot easier to do after roster finalization than an entire new character.

Speaking of Metroid, though, Sylux could still potentially happen for promotional reasons. Considering that we knew Sylux was going to appear in Prime 4 when he (she? it? they?) appeared in an endgame tease stealing a Metroid. If Sakurai wanted to, including Sylux to coincide with more Prime stuff would not be completely out there.

Hell, Dark Samus even has a chance of reappearing if
someone decides to recreate the Metroid Prime again. Dark Samus was simply a Metroid Prime that fused with Samus' suit, after all, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Hell, it could be Sylux who does it with that Metroud hatchling he (she? it? they?) stole. Plot reasons could relate to revenge against Samus or desire to use Prime as a weapon.
The metroids have been in many games, so I don’t think Samus Returns would NEED to be the catalyst for their addition. Also, Dark Samus is for sure one of my dream picks, and I consider it to have an outside shot. A Metroid would be a true “out of the blue” fighter though.

Also...
I have to wonder if Dark Samus/Prime won’t be back in 4, considering the series is named after it! Sylux bringing it back from the clone/DNA would be a cool storyline.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
The metroids have been in many games, so I don’t think Samus Returns would NEED to be the catalyst for their addition. Also, Dark Samus is for sure one of my dream picks, and I consider it to have an outside shot. A Metroid would be a true “out of the blue” fighter though.

Also...
I have to wonder if Dark Samus/Prime won’t be back in 4, considering the series is named after it! Sylux bringing it back from the clone/DNA would be a cool storyline.
but how would it be possible to create a second metroid prime if Phazon was literally wiped out of existence.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright guys, here's a wild discussion topic.

As SourceGaming pointed out in the past, Sakurai has never said that a third party being on a Nintendo platform was a requirement, only a courtesy. Of course, third parties that have been on Nintendo systems are much more likely than others, but I digress.

Time for a cursed topic. Pick a third party who has never been on a Nintendo system in any capacity. their series as a whole cannot have appeared on a Nintendo platform. Who do you want, who would be the most likely choice, etc.
Ratchet and Clank. Because every other 3rd party that I can think of that I really like has had SOME games on Nintendo systems.

Master Chief would be my second choice.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
but how would it be possible to create a second metroid prime if Phazon was literally wiped out of existence.
Maybe it could be a similar being, not an exact replica of Dark Samus, sans Phazon? Carry on the nemesis but do something new with it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ratchet and Clank. Because every other 3rd party that I can think of that I really like has had SOME games on Nintendo systems.

Master Chief would be my second choice.
Master Chief has a cameo via a costume in Minecraft: Switch Edition. It's hardly a more proper appearance of the literal character, but a Nintendo appearance nonetheless.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Aside from E3 hype, here's a pretty cool video about the history of Smash Rumors and leaks. A nice way to catch-up before anything big.
PSYCH got ninja'd by Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 .
Not sure itf it's been posted already but here's something pertenant to the topi at hand

It's still a good video.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Also...
While I would agree that Samus Returns isn't the only thing that makes the Metroid popular, the Zeta Metroid in particular only appears as an enemy in that game and Metroid II. It has a cameo in Metroid Fusion, but that's about it. Compared to how many games Ridley, Dark Samus, and even Sylux have appeared in, that's not a great resume.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The issue with Ridley is that, according to Sakurai, making him too small wouldn't make him Ridley, but not making him small enough will make him unbalanced. It's a difficult situation, and the only two ways I see him making the roster are if Sakurai is willing to forego at least one of those two issues or if we get a suitable redesign at some point in the Metroid series.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmmm...

Who is your most wanted character for Smash, regardless of what you think their chances are?
Absolutely Mega Man X. It'll never happen, because we already have the Original Mega Man, and he's my favorite character in the Smash series, so I'm more than content with that. But Mega Man X would put me into hype overload.

Master Chief has a cameo via a costume in Minecraft: Switch Edition. It's hardly a more proper appearance of the literal character, but a Nintendo appearance nonetheless.
Well, I guess Ratchet and Clank would have to still be my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom