• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Here is another hint from Myles today. In a few days we will know his credibility.
Even if he's right, how do we know it isn't just that he guessed imgur leak was correct?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Vergeben is somewhat likely real

But imugar is just bogus
"Bogus" or not, my point is that we can't have the Imgur leak without Vergeben's. If ALL of the Imgur leak ends up being wrong, then by extension Vergeben's is wrong as well, since all his characters are a part of that leak's list. And if Vergeben's leak ends up being true and Ridley, Icies, Snake and Simon are the highlights of the event, it doesn't make the imgur leak fake since, again, they also had those characters.

It really depends on how many newcomers we get at e3.

Here is another hint from Myles today. In a few days we will know his credibility.
...I'm tired as all heck right now and don't want to think, who is this hinting at?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

...Why is it taking me this long to figure out what rhymes with "board game"?

(Edit: Other people are asking too. Good to know I'm not stupid after all.)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, the Imgur leak have 3 more days to live, that is nice.
Enjoy as much as you can, Mr. Imgur Leak, because soon we will see if you are a liar or a prophet, and honestly there are not a lot of prophets around here, so you are still in a bad situation.
Hope no one minds if I bring champagne to the wake. That thing survived so much longer than it should've.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

"Board Game?"

Any ideas? I'm drawing blanks.

...Fatal Frame? That's the best the folks at Resetera got
Okay, that makes sense. Wasn't a Fatal Frame character considered for Melee? Sakurai has revisited ideas before, and Fatal Frame could make for a unique moveset for sure.

I just want Sora in this game man.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I know we've done all of this Pokémon junk to death, but I wanted to ask anyway since E3 is just three days away.

How would you rank the following Pokémon in terms of likelihood?
  • Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee
From most likely to least likely, I'd say it's like this (Keep in mind that I'm using the anime and promotional material for this).

Lycanroc
Incineroar
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Buzzwole
Tapu Koko
Eevee
Mimikyu > Incineroar > Buzzwole >>>> Tapu Koko > Lyanroc = Eevee > Decidueye

Mimikyu has the most noticeable promotion and looks to have the most potential to continue making important appearances in the future.
Incineroar is popular and have been noticeably pushed in the anime.
Buzzwole is one of the Ultra Beasts in the new games, which may be seen as a major new concept of the Pokemon series that has to be represented.
POWER GAP
Tapu Koko is one of the legendaries in the most recent games.
Eevee is popular, heavily promoted, and would make sense to promote a new title, while Lyanroc is popular and plays an important role in the anime, but their ability to evolve into multiple forms is their main mechanic, and I don't have faith in them finding a way to faithfully represent this as a fighter.
Decidueye is the most recent Grass starter. It could fill the quota for a grass-type starter. But if representing the, "starter type trio," was this important, I'd sooner see Rowlet being chosen as it's more popular, has more noticeable promotion, and seems to have more of a presence and future in the anime.

D

Deleted member

I know we've done all of this Pokémon junk to death, but I wanted to ask anyway since E3 is just three days away.

• Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee
-Incineroar: Yeah, people are going to accuse me of being biased, but I don't give a ****. The instant I saw the leaked concept art, I knew this thing would be a perfect fit for Smash, Fire typing be damned. And I can't see Sakurai not seeing it the same way, especially with how big Tiger Mask is in Japan and Namco-Bandai's own Tekken team being involved (as in Incineroar can take inspiration from King). It helps that in comparison to the other two Starters, it's had movie promotion with an antagonist role in the 20th Anniversary movie, and anime promotion with a recurring role through Masked Royal and serving as a rival for Ash's Litten/Torracat. The aforementioned concept art also heavily implies Ash would have one of his own by the end of the S/M anime.

-Decidueye: As much as the Smash support is an echo chamber based on it being the Grass type Starter, I can see it being strongly considered due to the concept it offers. Especially if the roster was decided before Sun/Moon's release like I speculate it was.

-Mimikyu: Easily one of the overall mascots of the Generation. By that alone, Mimikyu would be a reasonable pick. That being said, I can see the idea of a wrestler or an archer taking precedence.

-Lycanroc: A big toss-up. Midnight Lycanroc was also featured in the same film as Incineroar and is the least problematic of the set, but the newer Dusk Lycanroc is the "definitive" one that has gotten all the hype and made the other two pretty much irrelevant with its existence. Though it may have come to existence too late to play a factor, and its quadruped status isn't to its favor.

-Buzzwole: My second most wanted option after Incineroar, but chances aren't that great unless Sakurai is specifically looking for an Ultra Beast to make playable.

-Tapu Koko: I'd like Top Kek the electric chicken god of death, but it's hard to see it standing a chance when compared to other options. Even Bewear, who wasn't in this list, seems more of a likely pick due to being a sort of mascot of Gen 7 like Mimikyu.

-Eevee: Easily the least likely of the bunch. Only reason people are even jumping to it is because of the Let's Go! games. That doesn't magically make it more likely, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Gonna take a shot at the dark and say it's just a cheeky way of saying Mario Party (technically based on board games).

Which can only mean one thing...

doozy.PNG

SHE'S COMING...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

• Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee
From most likely to least likely, I'd say it's like this (Keep in mind that I'm using the anime and promotional material for this).

Lycanroc
Incineroar
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Buzzwole
Tapu Koko
Eevee
I'd probably put down the following...
  1. Incineroar
  2. Buzzwole
  3. Meowth
  4. Midnight Form Lycanroc
  5. Tapu Koko
  6. Decidueye
  7. Mimikyu
  8. Dusk Form Lycanroc
  9. Midday Form Lycanroc
  10. Eevee
Meowth is on this list, since it's still one of the most notable Pokemon in the TV series, and it also has an Alolan variant.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

• Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee

Lycanroc
Incineroar
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Buzzwole
Tapu Koko
Eevee
Squirtle=Ivysaur
>>>>>>>>POWER GAP
Decidueye=Incenaroar
Mimikyu
Eevee
Buzzole
Tapu Koko

how dare you forget our children????

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If Ridley gets in, Vergeben leak or not, I'm changing my pfp to this:

4ad.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can't believe we're still entertaining that troll.
I'm willing to entertain a leak that has Sora in it. He's the one newcomer I want in this game. It likely won't happen, and if it doesn't that's fine, but I'm listening with open ears right now. Especially if there's a chance of him being revealed at E3.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If Ridley gets in, Vergeben leak or not, I'm changing my pfp to this:

In case Ridley gets it, I made a video with Source Filmmaker of Ridley laughing at every other character that is not in smash, and then he destroys the world.
Only if Ridley is confirmed in E3 you will see the video, if not, nobody will ever see it, and it will get lost in time.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The only thing that seemingly rhymes with Board Game is WarFrame.
I honestly think the dude is a charleton who shouldn't have any attention paid to him though.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Are you guys assuming Snake's gender?

for real, didnt read that female part, my bad

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think it was already mentioned that Fatal Frame rhymes with board game but idk I'm not sure. So I'm guessing if this guy isn't bluffing then the character would be Yuri Kozukata.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't know how much of a role popularity in 2018

• Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee

Lycanroc
Incineroar
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Buzzwole
Tapu Koko
Eevee
Assuming this is for the base roster:
Lycanroc > Decidueye > Mimikyu > Incineroar > Tapu Koko > Buzzwole > Eevee

It's weird, everywhere else on the internet overemphasizes Decidueye's chances, while this thread de-emphasizes his chances. I wouldn't call him a shoe-in by any means, but I'd still say he stands a decent chance given how unique he is.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Well doesnt Xenoblade kind off rhyme with Board Game?

Went through GFaqs top games and Warframe was the closest one.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe the character would snap photos of the fighter targeted and a ghost would appear by them to attack them for a bit of HP.

I don't know. That's the only thing I can think of when it comes to Fatal Frame and it seems more like something an assist trophy does.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Yuri Kozukata, Luigi, and Pacman teaming up to hunt down Decidueye (or Mimikyu) is my pipe dream crossover for a story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom