• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Regarding Pokemon likelihood, I rank them as follows:

20%: Lycanroc, Mimikyu

15%: Decidueye

10%: Bewear, Incineroar

7.5%: Rowlet, Squirtle

>5%: Pichu, Alolan Ninetales, Nihilego, Tapu Koko, Ivysaur, Meowth, Eevee, Sceptile

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
There are many forms of rhymes, most common being an end-rhyme, but there are others.

Isn't Fatal Frame co-owned by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo? That would explain why a Fatal Frame Rep could happen before more iconic Koei Tecmo characters. Plus I think a Fatal Frame character has been considered before.

Sorta :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since E3 is in three days and no amazing leaks have came.
I am not surprised.

Also I doubt we are going to get any Smash news before E3.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The last one was localized though, and that came out in like 2015, I think? I don't think getting a fatal frame character is out of the question tbh. How did that game sell anyway?
The last one was on the Wii U. Also, Fatal Frame is just too dark to represent in Smash. It's a survival horror game .

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The last one was on the Wii U. Also, Fatal Frame is just too dark to represent in Smash. It's a survival horror game .
As long as there's no bloody ghosts shown or anything like that I think it should be fine, we got snake and bayonetta didn't we lol

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Since E3 is in three days and no amazing leaks have came.
I am not surprised.

Also I doubt we are going to get any Smash news before E3.
I'm on the opposite side here, that we have already gotten smash news and it's a rumor that is going to be confirmed at E3. Whether it's verge's or someone completely different.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Implying a stealth game with heavy handed political commentary isn't too dark for Smash.
Metal Gear isn't as dark and bleak as Fatal Frame. Metal Gear is an over the top stealth game with comedic elements. Fatal Frame is a dark, bleak horror game. There's a difference between the two franchises.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
"Fire Emblem has enough representation, another character wouldn't get in"
"Bayonetta is too risqué for Nintendo, she would never get in."
"Cloud didn't even debut on a Nintendo console, there's no way he'd get in."

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm pretty sure that is a type of rhyme... or at least it is in spanish, dunno if english works different.
Traditionally, English poetry works as follows:

Cat and hat display rhyming.
Cat and lap display assonance.
Cat and fit and pet display consonance.
Cat and cup and call display alliteration.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Sakurai himself appear in front of me in a dream and told me what characters are gonna be in this new smash, but since he speaks japanese i didn't understand anything, so I'm gonna say that this Raptor from Jurassic Park is gonna be the next smash character:
Blue.png

And it will be confirmed in E3 of not this year, but from the year 2056, so save this message for then.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, doesn't Fatal Frame use a camera to deal with ghosts? I can see whoever may be in to represent that series team up with Luigi and his Poltergeist vacuum in an Adventure mode if there was one. LOL

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Which just makes me think he saw the ''These hints are too ez" and upped for **** and giggles. He's playing with people through and through and it shows.
I wonder if this newcomer has anything to do with that "P" character RelaxAlax hinted at. I bet they're connected somehow.

:p

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sakurai himself appear in front of me in a dream and told me what characters are gonna be in this new smash, but since he speaks japanese i didn't understand anything, so I'm gonna say that this Raptor from Jurassic Park is gonna be the next smash character:
View attachment 147469
And it will be confirmed in E3 of not this year, but from the year 2056, so save this message for then.
Finally...

A new Yoshi rep is well deserved.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Alright. Just for curiosity.

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.
1: Dixie Kong - My most wanted character since I saw Smash for the first time
2: King K.Rool - Please "the fans"... would please me too.
3: Waluigi - I already dislike Wario enough. Waluigi is one character who inclusion would make me sad. For me his presence would literally turn the game in a worse game. Complete garbage.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wait, doesn't Fatal Frame use a camera to deal with ghosts? I can see whoever may be in to represent that series team up with Luigi and his Poltergeist vacuum in an Adventure mode if there was one. LOL
Wait, this just occurred to me.

Is Luigi's Mansion technically an E for Everyone example of the horror genre?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
 Roster.png

Okay buckaroos. Assume that this roster is real and that Daruk is a stand in for your choice of the BotW Champions. How would you react?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
View attachment 147470
Okay buckaroos. Assume that this roster is real and that Daruk is a stand in for your choice of the BotW Champions. How would you react?
Dixie, Elma, Ridley, Isabelle, Decidueye, and Mipha with icies, wolf and snake coming back? Yes PLEASE. And I'm cool with Toad, Celica, and Simon.

If only this had Bandana Dee and Impa tho.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
View attachment 147470
if this was leaked and we all didn't know it would be real but it was real?

stomp around, throw a fit, scream seven fire emblem chars, scream why simon, scream why wolf but no squirtle ivysaur, and whine that Decidueye is an edited Lucario or whatever

also cry that duck hunt is separated from the retro rep column

yall think im playing but im not i SWEAR i can FEEL squirtle and ivysaur :V i got my ouija board out and talked to a spirit they told me they were in!!!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wouldn't then be an assonance rhyme?
blade and game ?
No, though I understand the confusion. While all rhyming is assonance, not all assonance is rhyme. In order for words in English to be considered "rhyming," the "stressed vowel sound in both words must be identical, as well as any subsequent sounds."

This makes "cat" and "hat" rhymes, but not "cat" and "cap".

?????????????

Smash Master
No, though I understand the confusion. While all rhyming is assonance, not all assonance is rhyme. In order for words in English to be considered "rhyming," the "stressed vowel sound in both words must be identical, as well as any subsequent sounds."

This makes "cat" and "hat" rhymes, but not "cat" and "cap".
Right. Rhyming is traditionally defined as both assonance AND consonance together.

However, many poems and works have taken heavy creative liberties with this.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
View attachment 147470
Dissapointed in no Springman (or any ARMS rep) and genuinely surprised about the absence of a new Kirby rep.

But literally any roster that has Ridley and doesn't mess around too much with the original roster, is a perfect roster to me lol.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay because I full of confidence if Decidueye gets into smash I'll post a pic of me eating my hat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom