• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wasn't there a leak that said Koei Tecmo was credited on the title screen or something? Aren't they the ones behind Fatal Frame mostly with Nintendo just publishing?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Everyone in this thread right now.

Only 3 days left people, just try to be patient.
. . .
Emphasis on the "try" part.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wasn't there a leak that said Koei Tecmo was credited on the title screen or something? Aren't they the ones behind Fatal Frame mostly with Nintendo just publishing?
I think so. In fact, I believe the Wii U game had Hyrule Warriors Zelda's outfit as an unlockable. And the Zero Suit.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
her moveset could revolve around ghosts and her ghost equipment.

like her specials could be her shooting a picture, her cycling between lenses for her camera (maybe one stuns, one does more damage, etc.), and shining her flashlight. her recovery could be a ghost lifting her up. smashes could just be more ghosts, picture taking, etc. idk, i read a moveset idea for her a while back, forgot where it was.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I pointed this out before, the Kojima incident wouldn't prevent Snake or any other Konami character from making it in. Shortly before Smash 4's release, right after the Kojima **** went down and tensions would be at their highest, in an interview he stated he wanted to see Snake in Smash 4 when asked about it, and asked if Sakurai was watching if he could bring back Snake. So even if Sakurai would possibly spite Konami and refuse to work with them, that's not going to be the case when he still has his friend's blessing to include his character in Smash.
You do know that Kojima is no longer with Konami. He doesn't have any rights to Snake, Simon, or any other Konami character anymore.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how the fake leaks are really giving these games some really great stupid names.

Smash Bros. Setto

and Yoshi's Flipping Island.

If either ended up true I'd be cackling.

Like how is Nintendo go show up with those names with a straight face?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love how the fake leaks are really giving these games some really great stupid names.

Smash Bros. Setto

and Yoshi's Flipping Island.

If either ended up true I'd be cackling.

Like how is Nintendo go show up with those names with a straight face?
Super Smash Bros. Setto Starring Ridley The Flying Purple Space Pirate Dragon

...& Knuckles

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Alright, so.

We get Ridley, but we have to sacrifice ZSS. Would you be willing to put that dagger in her bossum heart?
As much I'm interested in Ridley, I'm not interested enough to sacrifice ZSS I like her agile quick moveset. So no.
I know we've done all of this Pokémon junk to death, but I wanted to ask anyway since E3 is just three days away.

How would you rank the following Pokémon in terms of likelihood?
  • Decidueye
  • Incineroar
  • Lycanroc
  • Mimikyu
  • Tapu Koko
  • Buzzwole
  • Eevee
From most likely to least likely, I'd say it's like this (Keep in mind that I'm using the anime and promotional material for this).

Lycanroc
Incineroar
Mimikyu
Decidueye
Buzzwole
Tapu Koko
Eevee
Lycanroc
Decidueye
Eevee*
Incineroar*
Tapu Koko
Mimikyu
Buzzwole

* = tie

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In what vernacular do you guys even remotely hear any rhyming similarity between Boardgame and Xenoblade.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly, I have no idea how a fatal frame character could work, don't they literally just take pictures and that's it?

Though if Sakurai can work some magic I'm down for the idea, although as far as nintendo horror game protagonists go Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness would be cool. It also helps that Yuri and Miu have great designs tbh, I'm down

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What rhymes with "board game"?

AR Games
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Fatal Frame
PictureBook Games Pop-Up Pursuit
Pokken Tournament
Shaberu! DS Oryouri NAVI

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly, I have no idea how a fatal frame character could work, don't they literally just take pictures and that's it?

Though if Sakurai can work some magic I'm down for the idea, although as far as nintendo horror game protagonists go Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness would be cool.
There's also the fact that only two Fatal Frame games that were on Nintendo consoles were localized. Well, one was Japan only and the other was never released in North America.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So here's something I've been thinking about; how would people feel about a strategy game mode?

I'm thinking you've got characters on a strategy game map with terrain, hazards, ect.. The characters are playable Smash characters, and they all have their own field skills and stats and whatnot, and can probably level up over the course of the match. All with a healthy dose of RNG of course. The Smash part (other than the characters and some mechanical specifics) would be that when you enter combat with another unit you can either auto resolve OR you can fight them in a single stock or short timed Smash match if you think that'd work out better for you. Game would probably have a 1 player campaign and also a party mode (think Advanced Wars).

What I'm thinking of is either something along the lines of Soul Caliber 3's Cornicles of the Sword if anyone remembers that (which was a real time strategy game) or way more likely something like Shaman King: Power of Spirits (which was basically Fire Emblem with a fighting game tacked on).

Now for the record I personally would not feel good about this. I've seen the idea tried several times before and it's never worked very well, and it'd be a big drain on dev time that could go to better places. That said I could see it happening. I'm guessing Sakurai is going to try at another mode that recontextualizes Smash gameplay like Smash Run, Smash Board, and even Subspace, because he's really big on tinkering and trying new things, and this just seems like the most obvious choice to me at the moment. It's an idea that I've seen tried several times before with other fighters, it fits in perfectly with the Smash characters are trophies aesthetic (they look like wargame miniatures. The classic mode maps already bring this to mind honestly), Fire Emblem was at the extreme apex of it's popularity and Sakurai was clearly spending a lot of time playing and thinking about those games when this game started development and this would borrow from that like Smash run borrows from Air Ride and Smash Board borrows from Mario Party/Fortune Street. Plus strategy games, like fighting games, are known as a good way to show off a very large ensemble cast. Like I don't think it's a good idea but I think it makes a lot of sense.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Everyone think he mean "Rythme" as like literally something sounding like it
>I'm just here hoping he's not meaning Board Game as like Mario Party and Daisy.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
if this is daisy then honestly i'm excited, she makes more sense than half the characters on all the leaks we've seen and the outrage would be very entertaining.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
>Everyone think he mean "Rythme" as like literally something sounding like it
>I'm just here hoping he's not meaning Board Game as like Mario Party and Daisy.
What is Waluigi, crotch-chopped liver?

But yeah, this is one confusing hint, really.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
There's also the fact that only two Fatal Frame games that were on Nintendo consoles were localized. Well, one was Japan only and the other was never released in North America.
The last one was localized though, and that came out in like 2015, I think? I don't think getting a fatal frame character is out of the question tbh. How did that game sell anyway?

Honestly, I would be surprised if a Fatal Frame character got in over Ryu Hayabasa, he seems like the choice to choose for Koei Tecmo representation.
Fatal frame is first party tho, ninja gaiden isn't

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom