• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank god you don't despise Asuka from WWE :troll:
No one is ready for ASUKA!!!!
You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.
1. Lyn
2. Ridley
3. Minecrafter named Steve
I feel that way about most third party options, but Sonic isn't one of them. I would understand having Tails or Knuckles, mainly because Sonic games almost go hand-in-hand with Nintendo consoles.
That and Sonic feels more like a Nintendo character than every other 3rd party (MegaMan and Bayo are close due to reasons, but not like the way Sonic is)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Alright. Just for curiosity.

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.

Mine;

1. King K. Rool. (Most wanted newcomer.)
2. Ridley. (They have suffered enough.)
3. Rabbids. (God ... Not Mario Rabbids or anything, just plain Rabbids.)
1) Krystal - Most wanted newcomer without question.
2) Ridley - Although he is one of my most wanted, he's also massively popular.
3) Honestly, there's a lot of characters that I'd hate to see. Hard picking just one.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
3. Mimikyu- please, just no. I already hate how over represented Pikachu is. This is just taking that more meta by making it game cannon. And what would an old Pikachu doll even do anyways?
The first point is perfectly valid, but Mimikyu isn't a doll, it's a ghost/fairy under a disguise, which gives it substantially more things it can do that are interesting.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to critique my roster that's specifically made up of half oddball predictions? No? Okay, have it anyways.

I love the idea of Donkey Kong Jr.! As long as he doesn't prevent Dixie's arrival, I think he'd be a great classic choice.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I feel that way about most third party options, but Sonic isn't one of them. I would understand having Tails or Knuckles, mainly because Sonic games almost go hand-in-hand with Nintendo consoles.
And I 100% agree it will probably be the first third party series to open those flood gates. Maybe for dlc?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am thinking about what I wanna research in terms of Smash speculation, but I got nothing left after I was unable to find any valuable research that could give K. Rool a plausible shot. I guess I just have to wait for E3. You guys have any suggestions for newcomers I should re-consider? In-depth explanations would be appreciated.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I am thinking about what I wanna research in terms of Smash speculation, but I got nothing left after I was unable to find any valuable research that could give K. Rool a plausible shot. I guess I just have to wait for E3. You guys have any suggestions for newcomers I should re-consider? In-depth explanations would be appreciated.
It's a little known fact, but K. Rool is both very popular AND Donkey Kong's most recurring villain.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn

Mine;

1. Geno (Forever mah boi)
2. Ridley (It's destiny)
3. Waluigi (The worst Nintendo character)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
And I 100% agree it will probably be the first third party series to open those flood gates. Maybe for dlc?
That'd be cool. Tails is my favorite Sonic character, so I've always been interested in seeing him. But I would completely understand not wanting him on the base roster. I think he'd be perfect for DLC, especially if the DLC cycle is lot longer this time around.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Might as well include 4chan as a DLC stage at that point
Basically it'd be a moving Miiverse but the posts the fly by are much more offensive and the stage moves 100 times faster, so you can hardly even play the game. The ESRB would have to revive the Adult Only tag just because of that one stage.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Mine;

1. Eight from Dragon Quest
2. Ridley (admittedly, I want Ridley a little more than Eight, but he kinda fit this spot better than Eight)
3. Lyn

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Mine;

1. Ridley
2. K. Rool (They suffered as we have, give them their Croc!)
3. Knuckles (Cause F "Do you know da wae"-Memes in Smash)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well, because of my heavy Star Fox bias, here's one that I'm curious about: Slippy.

Slippy is probably the most likely Star Fox newcomer right now, with Krystal's only chances being with her popularity in the ballot. Slippy has been in three releases within the past two years. One of which, Star Fox Guard, was a spin-off that he was the star of. Moveset wise, he has plenty going for him, thanks to Star Fox: Assault and Star Fox Guard. Plus he'd make for an interesting 'joke' character as some may say.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's likely, but I think he actually has a decent chance this time around. Would like to hear your thoughts on him, regardless.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
1. Ridley
2. K. Rool (They suffere as we have, give them their Croc!)
3. Knuckles (Cause F "Do you know da wae"-Memes in Smash)
i think what we need is sonic boom knuckles, that way he can show you the way and look amazing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Because I’m tired of Ridley talk, I want to try and bring up something else.

Since BOTW Link is confirmed, what’s the chance we’ll get other redesigned and possible retooled veterans like Cappy Mario, BOTW Zelda, Zero Fox etc?
Cappy Mario I kind of doubt, at least visually, but maaaaaybe he gets the hat toss. And that's a big maybe.

BOTW Zelda's pretty likely, though I we don't know if Link himself receives any gameplay changes yet.

Star Fox Zero, I can see both Fox and Falco getting their designs updated for that game.

I'm hoping Samus gets her Samus Returns design too.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Well, because of my heavy Star Fox bias, here's one that I'm curious about: Slippy.

Slippy is probably the most likely Star Fox newcomer right now, with Krystal's only chances being with her popularity in the ballot. Slippy has been in three releases within the past two years. One of which, Star Fox Guard, was a spin-off that he was the star of. Moveset wise, he has plenty going for him, thanks to Star Fox: Assault and Star Fox Guard. Plus he'd make for an interesting 'joke' character as some may say.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's likely, but I think he actually has a decent chance this time around. Would like to hear your thoughts on him, regardless.
What if, as a passive, he just couldn't be grabbed? Or he'd slip out of the grabs a lot faster.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Basically it'd be a moving Miiverse but the posts the fly by are much more offensive and the stage moves 100 times faster, so you can hardly even play the game. The ESRB would have to revive the Adult Only tag just because of that one stage.
The goal ultimately is to re-lock the stage so it can't be accessed, as opposed to unlocking it. You have to survive the weird guro anime racism like a Cruel Smash knockoff

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Alrighty

1. Gardevoir (no one said anything about it being plausible)
2. Crash Bandicoot (like him but it's more for the significance)
3. CN ReBoot Lion-O (No one said it had to follow the VG only rule)
Cool, someone else who wants/likes Gardevoir, nice! also you never know she's fairly popular enough to be considered at least :)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I do hope that BOTW-ifying the Zelda cast lets them be retooled a bit. Keep Toon Link around to fill the "Classic Link" void, but more than anything, rework Zelda and Ganondorf. Those two have had it too bad for too long.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cool, someone else who wants/likes Gardevoir, nice! also you never know she's fairly popular enough to be considered at least :)
Gardevoir was on of the first ones announced for Pokken so the popularity within the Pokemon community is there. It's Smash I'm concerned about.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Mine;

1. Mega Man X(if we're being unrealistic I guess)
2. Ridley(Memes will change too)
3. That Minecraft guy I guess? Rabbids? There's no one I can think of at the moment that'd really piss me off.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
https://imgur.com/NkEkUtG

So apparently Best Buy Mexico listed Smash Bros Switch release as October 31st. Amazon Mexico also has that release date too. Normally I would pass this off as a placeholder, if it said December 31st. But who knows.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Mine;

1. Dark Matter
2. King K. Rool
3. Knuckle Joe

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

So apparently Best Buy Mexico listed Smash Bros Switch release as October 31st. Amazon Mexico also has that release date too. Normally I would pass this pass this off as a placeholder, if it said December 31st. But who knows.
interesting, like you said december 31st is just a "this year" place holder but thats specific and october 31st is in the right time frame for when i'd assume it'd be out by (enough time before the holiday season and not to close to pokemons mid november release). Halloween might be extra fun this year.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Gardevoir was on of the first ones announced for Pokken so the popularity within the Pokemon community is there. It's Smash I'm concerned about.
Gardevoir was my favorite pokemon from like 3rd grade when R/S came out til X&Y added Sylveon. Fairy pokemon have become my favorite and I'm super happy Gardevoir gained that typing. Anyways, as cool as Gardevoir would be, I feel like it hasn't had enough prominence outside of some fan popularity to make it a playable Smash character because plenty of pokemon have the same popularity and more in other departments, such as plot prominence. It's unfortunate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

So apparently Best Buy Mexico listed Smash Bros Switch release as October 31st. Amazon Mexico also has that release date too. Normally I would pass this off as a placeholder, if it said December 31st. But who knows.
It’s pretty close to the Odyssey release last year, so I wouldn’t mind another October release

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do hope that BOTW-ifying the Zelda cast lets them be retooled a bit. Keep Toon Link around to fill the "Classic Link" void, but more than anything, rework Zelda and Ganondorf. Those two have had it too bad for too long.
I do agree with Zelda and Ganon needing some re-tooling, so long as they aren't completely unrecognizable.

With Zelda, she just needs to get rid of her more trash normals. Replacing them with something that's usable I assume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom