• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So wait you're telling me Michael Myers is back in theaters for Halloween?

And I MIGHT get to Smash after seeing the movie 27 times?

Best. Halloween. Season. Ever.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Alright. Just for curiosity.

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.

Mine;

1. King K. Rool. (Most wanted newcomer.)
2. Ridley. (They have suffered enough.)
3. Rabbids. (God ... Not Mario Rabbids or anything, just plain Rabbids.)
  1. Waluigi (most wanted)
  2. King K. Rool (to please fans)
  3. Sora (out of the feasible ones obviously. while nowadays I'd be somewhat indifferent to his inclusion, I still don't like when characters not that associated to Nintendo get in, plus I really don't get why Kingdom Hearts is so hyped and loved sorry everyone)

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.

Mine;

1. Ridley

2. K. Rool(I actually think K. Rool fans have it worse than us Ridley fans, because the only argument K. Rool detractors have for keeping him from becoming a player character is his relevancy. IMHO a hero's arch-nemesis is never fully irrelevant and deserves a rep. Also, it seems like most K. Rool detractors outright dislike him, which seems a bit petty to me)

3. Fortnite character(This is only because of the fanbase. Fortnite is of course the next big "normie" video game fad, so could you imagine how its fandom would react if they found out Fortnite representation was in Smash? It'd be an invasion!)

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
This Halloween, Nintendo is handing out Smash Switch cartridges to kids, and the kids will eat them like candy despite the bittering agent, and suddenly we're back in early 2017.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So wait you're telling me Michael Myers is back in theaters for Halloween?

And I MIGHT get to Smash after seeing the movie 27 times?

Best. Halloween. Season. Ever.
Best Halloween Season I’ve ever had was when Smash 3DS released in the US alongside season premiers of TMNT 2012 and Korra

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Mine;

Lyn: Self explanato- oh who am I kidding. Most wanted character, and has been an Assist Trophy for two too long, it's time to shine.

Krystal: For the fans as well as my self Star Fox needs at least 1-2 more newcomers.

I don't have a character I hate but I would be questioning "Why in the world is Minecraft Steve in Smash?" Nothing personal it's just his aesthetics are out of place.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
plus I really don't get why Kingdom Hearts is so hyped and loved sorry everyone
Imagine if Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei was actually done right and didn't ended as an Idol game.

Basically, Kingdom Hearts is easily the pinacle of Crossover, and I'll go as far as to say, in it's concept, it's a better crossover than Smash Bros.
The loveable Disney Cast and character you love
The Final Fantasy touch from Square Enix
And the Crazy ride from Nomura himself for the Story.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Sora (out of the feasible ones obviously. while nowadays I'd be somewhat indifferent to his inclusion, I still don't like when characters not that associated to Nintendo get in, plus I really don't get why Kingdom Hearts is so hyped and loved sorry everyone)
Not defending that Sora SHOULD be in Smash, but Kingdom Hearts had 4 games on a Nintendo console. That's more than some first-party reps, lol.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
RPG Maker MV is coming to Switch. What does this mean for the chances of my OC from a game I made and kinda released four years ago to make it to Smash?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Gardevoir was on of the first ones announced for Pokken so the popularity within the Pokemon community is there. It's Smash I'm concerned about.
Me too but all we can do is hope. If she does make it, just know I'll be cheer as loudly as you'd be.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Mine;

King K. Rool
Ridley
Shovel Knight (don't hate him, but never was a fan of him).

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Lyn: Self explanato- oh who am I kidding. Most wanted character, and has been an Assist Trophy for two too long, it's time to shine.

Krystal: For the fans as well as my self Star Fox needs at least 1-2 more newcomers.

I don't have a character I hate but I would be questioning why in the world is Minecraft Steve in Smash. Nothing personal it's just his aesthetics are out of place.
ya know as much as i dont see her talked about much these days krystal seemed to score high on the ballot info polls ive seen, I kind of forget about her cause I just assume wolfs coming back but if that star fox racing game leak is real, and shes in it, I could def see her as a DLC character. Still feel like we need to get wolf back first, his absence from smash 4 was the oddest of any veteran.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Imagine if Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei was actually done right and didn't ended as an Idol game.

Basically, Kingdom Hearts is easily the pinacle of Crossover, and I'll go as far as to say, in it's concept, it's a better crossover than Smash Bros.
The loveable Disney Cast and character you love
The Final Fantasy touch from Square Enix
And the Crazy ride from Nomura himself for the Story.
Well I really loved TMS so I really don't get your first point :p
idk it just never appealed to me in any way. But I get it has a lot of fans so it's just me

Not defending that Sora SHOULD be in Smash, but Kingdom Hearts had 4 games on a Nintendo console. That's more than some first-party reps, lol.
Yeah he's not the worst case, but like, those recent compilations and KH3 aren't coming to Switch so far, plus there are so many other SE series with strong presence within Nintendo (Octopath, TWEWY, Bravely, Mario RPG, the six first FF), that I'd rather have them pick someone from those. I understand tho Sora is more popular or iconic than those

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Hmm, if we're being realistic

1. Celica
2. Ridley
3. Probably Steve, he probably the most boring realistic choice to me.

If we going unrealistic

1. Soleil
2. Goku
3. idk, David Cage?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If we are still talking about Ridley, I must say, if the stage Pyrosphere returns from Smash 4, I wonder what will happen to Boss Ridley if Playable Ridley is for real and is on the stage?

"When Ridley joins the battle, Mini-Kraid is in charge of being the stage boss!

Mini-Kraid: Leave it to me!"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmm, if we're being realistic

1. Celica
2. Ridley
3. Probably Steve, he probably the most boring realistic choice to me.

If we going unrealistic

1. Soleil
2. Goku
3. idk, David Cage?
Wasn't expecting that. But I mean, you're right I wouldn't want David Cage in ANY crossover video game either.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If we are still talking about Ridley, I must say, if the stage Pyrosphere returns from Smash 4, I wonder what will happen to Boss Ridley if Playable Ridley is for real and is on the stage?

Ahhh...

Pic-of-the-day memes.

All Smash games generate internet memes, but that... that was special.

Autumn ♫

Well, we could have both, since Other M Ridley and Super Metroid/Prime Ridley are two different characters. I believe Other M Ridley is a clone of OG Ridley iirc.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
In the words of Viridi, “Nope. Stop.”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4WmnCNXb5E
I said as it's concept.
Why?
Because unlike Smash Bros who mix Video games with....Video Games.
Kingdom Hearts Mix Video Game with Movie, Animated Movie, Computer Generated Movies.
Like the CROSSOVER is pretty big.
The same can be said as for Marvel Vs Capcom
Video game crossing with other Video games with Comics.

Never said anything in term of Roster or game mechanics only Concept lmao.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Mine;

1. Rabbid Mario (most wanted)
2. King K. Rool or Dixie Kong (pleases the fans)
3. idk if I actually have any characters I despise honestly. I guess maybe Isaac or Andy? Though they're more "I want other characters before him" than anything.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ahhh...

Pic-of-the-day memes.

All Smash games generate internet memes, but that... that was special.
I can't wait for the newest Smash 5 newcomer to be revealed, Luigi's Nose!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am thinking about what I wanna research in terms of Smash speculation, but I got nothing left after I was unable to find any valuable research that could give K. Rool a plausible shot. I guess I just have to wait for E3. You guys have any suggestions for newcomers I should re-consider? In-depth explanations would be appreciated.
Maybe consider DK Jr. as a possible historical character? He fits the type of archetype Duck Hunt did (massively well known and popular game that no one expects a character from due to age) and would be an interesting way to represent the classic arcade origins of DK and Mario, which have only gotten more referenced as of late.

Additionally, I'd definitely recommend considering Kamek as a newcomer that people are sleeping on. He's the main antagonist of a game series that had three releases between the end of Sm4sh roster selection and the beginning of Smash 5's roster selection and which is going to receive a Switch title soon (this year?) He's also extremely recognizable, arguably being the tertiary villain of the massive Mario franchise. Further, his magical abilities allow for a lot of flexibility in moveset options, to the point that him summoning and buffing enemies to attack the opponent is a real possibility. He's not particularly popular a choice, but he fits the bill of a Rosalina/Bowser Jr./Robin-esque choice that makes sense in hindsight.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Facebook picture says that there will be a playable build at E3 for people. Dunno if that's old news or not but if so, my apologies.

Damn I'm hyped...and I don't even have the switch

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Maybe consider DK Jr. as a possible historical character? He fits the type of archetype Duck Hunt did (massively well known and popular game that no one expects a character from due to age) and would be an interesting way to represent the classic arcade origins of DK and Mario, which have only gotten more referenced as of late.

Additionally, I'd definitely recommend considering Kamek as a newcomer that people are sleeping on. He's the main antagonist of a game series that had three releases between the end of Sm4sh roster selection and the beginning of Smash 5's roster selection and which is going to receive a Switch title soon (this year?) He's also extremely recognizable, arguably being the tertiary villain of the massive Mario franchise. Further, his magical abilities allow for a lot of flexibility in moveset options, to the point that him summoning and buffing enemies to attack the opponent is a real possibility. He's not particularly popular a choice, but he fits the bill of a Rosalina/Bowser Jr./Robin-esque choice that makes sense in hindsight.
Toughest thing with Kamek is that in japan ALL magikoopa are called "Kamek" so they might not see Kamek as a character in the way we do in the west, it would be more like a generic enemy getting a spot to them, kind of how "Captain Toad" helps us maybe get Toad as he's a specific character now as opposed to just a generic Toad. In japan kamek was always just some magikoopa to them.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Mine;

1. Simon Belmont
2. Ridley
3. ...I don't have a character I despise, I get hype for every character that gets added, so I'll go with Randy Orton.

:^)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So after looking at the October calender. It's unlikely the 31st is the release date is it falls on Wednesday when Nintendo games come out on Friday.

However I think it might mean that the game will release sometime before the end of October instead.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I really hope we have a reveal along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, someone that literally no one expected or really even thought of. When Smash was first revealed, she was definitely my most hyped character.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
ya know as much as i dont see her talked about much these days krystal seemed to score high on the ballot info polls ive seen, I kind of forget about her cause I just assume wolfs coming back but if that star fox racing game leak is real, and shes in it, I could def see her as a DLC character. Still feel like we need to get wolf back first, his absence from smash 4 was the oddest of any veteran.
I definitely voted for her (then Lyn, then Shantae). She just as the potential to be a really fun character. I loved using Wolf in Brawl (I like wolves/cats in general, Lycanroc and Amaterasu for Smash), its just that his poor recovery and situational Side B made it hard for me to use him properly, if you (or anyone) know how or when to use his Up B and Side B properly I would love to hear how to do so. KOing someone and using his Up Taunt howl is so satisfying.

That being said if Krystal made it as DLC, I wouldn't mind Wolf coming back first, I'd be eager to play as him again, but in my opinion, I think two of them coming back at the same time in the base roster would be the best thing Sakurai could do.

Also Star Fox Racing Game sound Hype as hell.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He's not particularly popular a choice, but he fits the bill of a Rosalina/Bowser Jr./Robin-esque choice that makes sense in hindsight.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kamek...just a Kamek? Like...he have no "personal characterization" in japan and is just another random Magikoopa?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I said as it's concept.
Why?
Because unlike Smash Bros who mix Video games with....Video Games.
Kingdom Hearts Mix Video Game with Movie, Animated Movie, Computer Generated Movies.
Like the CROSSOVER is pretty big.
The same can be said as for Marvel Vs Capcom
Video game crossing with other Video games with Comics.

Never said anything in term of Roster or game mechanics only Concept lmao.
Unlike Kingdom Hearts, Smash is a crossover that not only brings the best of Nintendo characters together, but they also create dream battles nobody have ever expected (:4mario:vs:4sonic:in the same game and not the Olympics...:4link:vs:4cloud:...:4mario:vs:4ryu:...:4pikachu:vs:4kirby:...:4peach:vs:4zelda:...even:4bowser:vs:4ganondorf:, fights nobody could’ve gotten outside of Smash). Even gives you team ups nobody would think of, like :4palutena:x:4lucina:, :4zss:x:snake:, and:4pit:x:4corrinf:

Pretty big isn’t good enough compared to the likes of Smash, Infinity War, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit...but Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour and Nicktoons Unite > All

Smash Concept >

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't wait for the newest Smash 5 newcomer to be revealed, Luigi's Nose!
I can't wait for the next part in the Link/Peach/Zelda love triangle or to see where the Palutena/Lucina arc goes.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Mine;

1. Crash (I ****ing love that crazy little goofball)

2. Sora (My two best friends love kingdom hearts and have wanted Sora in smash since forever. I want them to feel the same way I felt when Pac-Man was revealed, and how I’d feel if Crash was confirmed)

3. Zeraora (God I hate that thing’s design, like...ew)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I really hope we have a reveal along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer, someone that literally no one expected or really even thought of. When Smash was first revealed, she was definitely my most hyped character.
The problem about that is that after we got Wii Fit Trainer people have scratched through the barrel and down under the sand for WTF picks.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Point about roster when I said I didn't talked about roster but concept
I see...That you fail to see my point dude. So I won't push further-

Hey guys.

You think newcomer posters will come back again?
They better, so many potential on the few Newcomer.
If K.Rool is in, I want a newcomer poster with ****ty 90's Era 3D render :yeahboi:

Autumn ♫

The problem about that is that after we got Wii Fit Trainer people have scratched through the barrel and down under the sand for WTF picks.
We had people do that before Wii Fit Trainer, and tbh, I really haven't seen any good surprise character lately, the only one that keeps popping up is the Hanafuda cards, and maybe Style Swavy. You gotta remember that Cloud was a wtf character too, since pretty much no one expected him.

I'm betting this Smash will have a bunch of surprises.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
https://imgur.com/NkEkUtG

So apparently Best Buy Mexico listed Smash Bros Switch release as October 31st. Amazon Mexico also has that release date too. Normally I would pass this off as a placeholder, if it said December 31st. But who knows.
No, no, no, I really hope Smash comes out as early as possible it's kinda important that it does it's not life or death but still its still important.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I feel like waiting for smash for switch is like me waiting for Christmas all over again as a child. That excitement is just really getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom