• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright. Just for curiosity.

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.

Mine;

1. King K. Rool. (Most wanted newcomer.)
2. Ridley. (They have suffered enough.)
3. Rabbids. (God ... Not Mario Rabbids or anything, just plain Rabbids.)
1-Simon Belmont (im the #1 most passionate Simon Belmont supporter on here)
2-Lyn (I actually kinda like her but not enough to want her in Smash)
3-Asuka from Senran Kagura (i dont' know how plausible this is but i hope it's not plausible at all)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can anyone provide the link to the gameFAQS post where Vergeben said he saw E3 materials? I’m having trouble finding it and I need it for something.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

You got to pick 3 Newcomers. One being the one you want most out of anything and anyone. The second a character just to please it's fans. The last will be the character you despise the most.

Mine;

1. Ridley
2. Geno
3. Rex & Pyra

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone want to critique my roster that's specifically made up of half oddball predictions? No? Okay, have it anyways.

DK Jr. is a odd choice. If they'd go with a old skool Arcade DK character, am sure it'll be Pauline. Then again, I've been wrong before. Having both K.Rool and Dixie is awesome however.

I also think am starting to slightly prefer Elma over Rex because of what this thread has learned me of this character. So am cool with her.

Karate Joe is odd, but a much better fit than the Chorus Men. So that's good.

Isabella am iffy about. Smash doesn't seem like a game for her. Keep her as the franchise mascot of Animal Crossing in other games.

Lyanroc is acceptable, would be a cool character am sure of.

Ridley and Ganon are good choices, but somewhat unrealistic. I'd wish to see them both however! Also no Impa </3 WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Wolf's return is good, Ice Climbers..? I could do without. Reasonable that they'd be back however. Same with Snake, but I like him better than ICs but less than Wolf.

Everybody calls Takamaru, so did I in Smash 4. He didn't make it, didn't miss him too much. Cool, but expected.

Kamek? We had the discussion before... Still, having a Yoshi newcomer would be cool, I still don't think it'd be Kamek however.

Sora I dislike, but I dislike pretty much all 3rd party possibilities. Simon Belmont and Bomberman are cool in my book. They fit with Smash a lot and have been on Nintendo for many games, same with Rayman.

It's overall a okay roster. Cannot be bad when it has both K.Rool and Dixie. And other choices I also like. There's generally more what I like than dislike. ONLY WHERE'S IMPA YOU TRAITOR </////////3

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Likeliness? I’m gonna say no to Kamek, DK Jr, Isabelle, and Karate Joe.

How much I would enjoy it? Pig Ganon and Ridley make me a VERY happy little boy, but K Rool being DLC doesn’t (although I’d take that over not being in the game). Swap K. Rool with DK Jr, and maybe toss Waluigi in there, and I would be MORE than satisfied.
To be fair, I did choose characters that are specifically oddball choices that still fit the roster selection criteria.

Kamek: A potentially really interesting magic user and antagonist of the Yoshi series, a game which got one game for New 3DS and one for both Wii U and 3DS during the time Sakurai was likely looking at characters. He's also known in the Mario series, which makes him recognizable enough to be known by some of the casual audience.

DK Jr.: He's the Duck Hunt of this game. An unexpected, yet highly recognized character from a game that's old, but significant to Nintendo as a whole. Jr. would represent the arcade roots of Donkey Kong (and Mario, for that matter) by throwing barrels and springs, climbing vines, and dropping bugs from the ceiling. He would be a historical inclusion more than anything.

Isabelle: I would argue that she's not even an oddball inclusion. She's one of Nintendo's few recent All-Stars, having already gotten an appearance in Mario Kart alongside her debut in New Leaf and her roles in Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, and Pocket Camp. She's arguably the mascot of the franchise now. I have no doubt that her inclusion as a terrain-modifier (something that makes perfect sense given New Leaf's public works projects) who fights in a really light-hearted and happy way would work perfectly in Smash. I'd say she has a good chance of inclusion given her popularity.

Karate Joe: Admittedly a bias pick on my part, but I think we're going to see a Rhythm Heaven character of some sort, and Karate Joe makes a lot of sense, having a stage in every game of the franchise and being a definite fighter. That said, I could also easily see Chorus Kids, Marshal, Tap Trial Girl, or Rhythm Monkey.

Do you think I captured the general oddities of Sakurai-like inclusions?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blargg Yoshi.
Ah, I see you have good taste.

Phoenix Wright (Pretty much the only character I actually personally desire)
Waluigi (WAAA)
Daisy (I don't despise her, but I wouldn't really say I'd be too fond of her either).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
DK Jr. is a odd choice. If they'd go with a old skool Arcade DK character, am sure it'll be Pauline. Then again, I've been wrong before. Having both K.Rool and Dixie is awesome however.
I chose Jr. because it makes more sense for him to use barrels, springs, bugs, and vines than it does for Pauline to.

Isabella am iffy about. Smash doesn't seem like a game for her. Keep her as the franchise mascot of Animal Crossing in other games.
Why not? What is it that makes Isabelle stranger than Villager as an inclusion, really?

Ridley and Ganon are good choices, but somewhat unrealistic. I'd wish to see them both however! Also no Impa </3 WHYYYYYYYYYYY
I know, I've betrayed you. That said, Ganon is arguably more important to the series than even Impa, and his variety of magic abilities and trident make him really interesting as a potential character.

Everybody calls Takamaru, so did I in Smash 4. He didn't make it, didn't miss him too much. Cool, but expected.
I considered including Jr. as the "retro" and having Sheriff as the historical character, but the lines are a little blurry there. I think Takamaru's a strong choice if still an obvious one, though.

Kamek? We had the discussion before... Still, having a Yoshi newcomer would be cool, I still don't think it'd be Kamek however.
Haha, agree to disagree, I guess. :)

Sora I dislike, but I dislike pretty much all 3rd party possibilities. Simon Belmont and Bomberman are cool in my book. They fit with Smash a lot and have been on Nintendo for many games, same with Rayman.
Do you dislike him as a choice for the roster or just as a character?

It's overall a okay roster. Cannot be bad when it has both K.Rool and Dixie. And other choices I also like. There's generally more what I like than dislike. ONLY WHERE'S IMPA YOU TRAITOR </////////3
I'm glad you like it fairly well. I admit that I had Impa on there and replaced her because I like Ganon a bit more, but I still actually think Impa's more likely than he is by a long shot. I just figure that, if my point with the roster is to be unpredictable to a degree, that Ganon makes a lot of sense too.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

Mine;

1. Krystal! judging by all the rumors it seems like Ridley's in good shape, so i'll go with my other most wanted character for this fun little thought experiment.
  2. K. Rool. Donkey Kong deserves it.
  3. i dunno, there's plenty of characters i don't care for but 'despise' is way too strong a word for any of them! i guess i'll go with minecraft cause i don't like the game's aesthetic

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

Mine;

I'm pretty fickle when it comes to ranking my character preferences, but here goes nothing:

1. Porky
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye

No long-winded explanations this time because I already gave my thoughts on Porky and Ridley when discussing the imgur leak and I don't like to talk too much about characters I dislike.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Mine;

1. Marx (I liked SSU when I first played it and it stuck)
2. Decloned Ganon (Give them what they want)
3. Dark Matter? (TBH I don't want it purely cause it would make Marx less likely, but that isn't a factor anymore and bleh)

Anyone want to critique my roster that's specifically made up of half oddball predictions? No? Okay, have it anyways.

Other than DK JR there aren't any major issues I have. Bonus points for Kamek, someone severely underexpected. Also, why are some characters Red?

Zeox

Smash Champion

Fun little game for y'all.
Ok first of all I cannot imagine how the **** would sakurai could make the wii fit trainer a character, or even the villager from animal crossing, like what is he gonna do? give you money?
Second, I know in brawl we got Sonic and Snake, but that were special cases, this doesn't means every single character is gonna be in smash, specially ryu or cloud like wtf?
Third, there are too many FE characters, you really think Sakurai would add more FE characters that any other franchises? is not even as popular as super mario, zelda, or pokemon.
Also, that's another thing, no new kirby reps? or zelda? or donkey kong?
And don't let me start with Pacman, this is cleary a troll, and a very bad one, this is not the roster of smash 4, keep moving.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok first of all I cannot imagine how the **** would sakurai could make the wii fit trainer a character, or even the villager from animal crossing, like what is he gonna do? give you money?
Second, I know in brawl we got Sonic and Snake, but that were special cases, this doesn't means every single character is gonna be in smash, specially ryu or cloud like wtf?
Third, there are too many FE characters, you really think Sakurai would add more FE characters that any other franchises? is not even as popular as super mario, zelda, or pokemon.
Also, that's another thing, no new kirby reps? or zelda? or donkey kong?
And don't let me start with Pacman, this is cleary a troll, and a very bad one, this is not the roster of smash 4, keep moving.
Pretty much me. In the end, I loved the newcomers, maaaaaaybe with the exception of Corrin. And Cloud, but well, he's Cloud Strife.

Last edited:

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice

Mine;

Why not.

1. Spyro, please Soccer-eye, make it happen.
2. Porky, I've been dipping my toe into Earthbound, and Porky seems like a cool rep, and his fans have good ideas.
3. There's nothing I'd really hate, but I would be pretty shocked/upset about Daisy. But that's just me.

Troykv

Smash Master

Mine;

Hmm

1.- Micaiah (Most wanted and beloved character ever, please Sakurai <3)
2.- King K.Rool (His fans need him Sakurai)
3.-... I don't have a particular choice for this... so... I'll go with the Rabbids just because I don't have another idea xD

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Mine;

1. King K. Rool (I love that croc)
2. Ridley (same as you, but I also greatly desire him)
3. Steve from Minecraft (This may be the only announcement capabale of actually balancing out the hype from Ridley within the fan base; I’d actually kinda enjoy Rabbids, though a lot less if they’re not Mario Rabbids)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Can anyone provide the link to the gameFAQS post where Vergeben said he saw E3 materials? I’m having trouble finding it and I need it for something.
He hasn't claimed he saw them, he just said one of his sources claims they saw E3 material that featured Ridley in it and thus Ridley would be revealed at E3. However he said this source came to him and he never met them prior, thus he doesn't know the source's credibility (which is what lead to the confusion of people thinking he backtracked on his Ridley claim, despite his three other sources that he's confident in backing Ridley, and thus if they're real, Ridley will still happen regardless of if the E3 source is fake).

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

Mine;

1. Bandana Dee (No explanation needed)
2. Impa (to silence Diddy Kong Diddy Kong )
3. Rabbids (because why)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

1. Impa: Hyrule Warriors version with the big ol' sword. Gimme that right meow.
2. Ridley: So everyone will stop arguing about it.
3. Shadow the Hedgehog: get that crap outta here

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Mine;

1. Chrom will finally get his chance.
2. Ridley. He's not really someone I'm pining for, but at this point, he and his fans deserve a break.
3. To keep this to characters that have believable odds, Mimikyu with an anime-inspired personality. Jessie's Mimikyu throws away everything I liked about Mimikyu.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman

Mine;

1 Ridley
2 Waluigi
3 Steve if this character gets in and neither ridley rool or waluigi make it in, i will get a mental meltdown

srsly though i have a disdain for this whole minecraft steve for smash thing though i would not be mad at a minecraft Stage

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice

Mine;

1. Rex with Pyra/Mythra ( If only)
2. Ridley (I mean the reactions would be crazy.)
3. Daisy ( I don't really care for her but meh.)

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Mine;

1-Waluigi (most wanted)
2-Ridley and K.Rool
3-Bandana Dee (couldn't care less).

Zeox

Smash Champion

1. Porky
2. Ridley
3. Toad (Sorry to anyone that likes or wants him)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

1. Meowth (most wanted newcomer)
2. Toad (they have suffered enough)
3. Minecraft Steve (ugh)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
1-Simon Belmont (im the #1 most passionate Simon Belmont supporter on here)
2-Lyn (I actually kinda like her but not enough to want her in Smash)
3-Asuka from Senran Kagura (i dont' know how plausible this is but i hope it's not plausible at all)
Thank god you don't despise Asuka from WWE :troll:

Alright,
1 Shantae
2 King KRool.
3, Ridly.

Fight me.
At least you don't despise Ridley :troll:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
1. Ridley- my dream has always been ridley
2. Isaac-golden sun is very beloved but criminally underrepresented.
3. Mimikyu- please, just no. I already hate how over represented Pikachu is. This is just taking that more meta by making it game cannon. And what would an old Pikachu doll even do anyways?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Mine;

1. Joker (surprise, I know)
2. Ridley
3. Steve, easily. Minecraft is just such an ugly game, I don't ever want the possibility of it dunking on me.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Mine;

Number one would be Ridley, number two would be King K. Rool and number three...is a tough one for me but I guess I'll say Disk-Kun (literally can't care any less about Disk-Kun.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After what happened to Ridley in Brawl and Smash Wii U, I've been having heavy doubts that he'll get the playable promotion. Worst case scenario, he might end up as a boss again.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Fun!

1. Ridley : My number one newcomer and would also satisfy 2 in a way with how many people in the smash community on a whole want him. Seriously, bias aside, such a good newcomer choice.

2. King K. Rool: Us reptilian fan boys gotta stick together.

3 : Steve : There are a lot of 1st party characters I don't want but I'd get over them. There are a lot of third party characters I don't want but this one takes the crown. Especially because I can totally see it happening as Microsoft's guest character.

Honorary Mention for 3: A second character from a guest series (Tails from Sonic for example). I'm really against this idea for now. Feel like guests should feel like guests and not main stay series, but I have a feeling that will change soon.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i rly would give ppl shantai because i recently played her games and man it was fun shes cute asf and the music is dope
also minecraft steve rly doesnt fit in, he looks weard... <.<

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Honorary Mention for 3: A second character from a guest series (Tails from Sonic for example). I'm really against this idea for now. Feel like guests should feel like guests and not main stay series, but I have a feeling that will change soon.
I feel that way about most third party options, but Sonic isn't one of them. I would understand having Tails or Knuckles, mainly because Sonic games almost go hand-in-hand with Nintendo consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom