• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's generally how online is going to be for the most part for any game. Most ranks are just going to be people spamming what they think is their most powerful move.
That's any player tho.

Want to play :ultike::ultshulk:? Hope you like N-Air.
Want to play :ultzelda::ultsonic:? Might as well toss out your A button because you will never use it once in your life.

D

Deleted member

That's any player tho.

Want to play :ultike::ultshulk:? Hope you like N-Air.
Want to play :ultzelda::ultsonic:? Might as well toss out your A button because you will never use it once in your life.
tbh if you aren't nairing for 90% of the match then you're probably using a bottom tier

/joking

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Sorry. Dog walked all over my computer while I wasn't looking lol. Feel free to delete.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm glad that leak was debunked due to the absence of Crash. #CrashLandsIntoBattle

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)
-Agreed on Eggman
-Mother Brain (Super Metroid) or Nightmare
-Andross
-Plasma Wraith
-Giratina or Necrozma

Another Pokémon idea I had because I’ve been working on ideas for Cynthia was a Steven Battle using Skamory, Aggron and Mega Metagross.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
lol Yes. My dog walked all over the computer keyboard while I went to get somethin.
A likely excuse.

As in, that sounds very likely. My mom's dog steps on my keyboard while I'm typing because I haven't shown him attention in the last ten minutes.

D

Deleted member

lol Yes. My dog walked all over the computer keyboard while I went to get somethin.
daww that's adorable
Nair is such an amazingly useful move for many and/or most characters honestly
I think it's because the low lag on aerials in this game combined with how nairs are generally moves that cover a bigger radius makes it a godlike move for zoning in this game vs Sm4sh (see Ike and Shulk). The new SH shortcut doesn't hurt, either

D

Deleted member

A likely excuse.

As in, that sounds very likely. My mom's dog steps on my keyboard while I'm typing because I haven't shown him attention in the last ten minutes.
Well, my dog just so happened to waltz all over mine while looking for what she thinks to be food crumbs in the couch.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
'sup guys.

I had a dream that Team Rocket were added to Smash as playable characters; however, you actually played as Jessie & James themselves instead of Meowth and their Pokemon, and they had "familiar" fighting moves that I don't actually remember them using (my mind probably just based their moves off of moments in the anime when they're acting goofy or panicking or something...).

They used their Let's Go! designs for some reason (probably with longer legs), though to be fair they were shown with dramatic, comic book-like backgrounds instead of normal Smash stages and no other characters were shown, so you couldn't compare them with the rest of the game (high-quality gameplay trailer, Team Rocket really needs to make some cash).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>be me messing around with another random character i kinda suck at
>at 2.5 mil
>my opponent was at 3.18 mil
>my opponent was in elite smash

:061:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
daww that's adorable

I think it's because the low lag on aerials in this game combined with how nairs are generally moves that cover a bigger radius makes it a godlike move for zoning in this game vs Sm4sh (see Ike and Shulk). The new SH shortcut doesn't hurt, either
That only benefits the best character more...aka :ultpit:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate the GSP system. Complete garbage.
I just want to understand it.

By what I can tell, my intermittent play has significantly hurt my chances to be "elite". I get all my main characters past 1mil, take a break, come back and find the average GSP needed is like 1.7 mil. Get my characters there, take a break, now the average is 2.2mil.

It feels like I'm just wandering around a room in the dark looking for something, not sure if it's even in the same room as I am. I have no actual attainable goal; the game will just pat me on the head when I've met some arbitrary, unknown requirements, then kick me out if I don't keep playing regularly enough.

All I want is a guarantee that I'm going to get a 1v1 stock match with no items. Why is that so ****ing much to ask for.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why no girls in the new fake Smash leaks?

Are this fake leakers afraid of the womenz?

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What are the characters that you most hate online?
Well for me, Pichu is that little sh*t, than tries to kill me with Thunder, and goes over my aerials (I usually use rising aerials due to lag at times)
Lucas with his spamming PK Fire and Grab all the f**king time, and uses PK Freeze to put me in a falling iced coffin THAT YOU CAN'T TECH!!!
Oh, and Cloud is pretty annoying with spamming Smashes, and charging his limit as if was his life support.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well for me, Pichu is that little sh*t, than tries to kill me with Thunder, and goes over my aerials (I usually use rising aerials due to lag at times)
Lucas with his spamming PK Fire and Grab all the f**king time, and uses PK Freeze to put me in a falling iced coffin THAT YOU CAN'T TECH!!!
Oh, and Cloud is pretty annoying with spamming Smashes, and charging his limit as if was his life support.
:ultchrom::ultike:

They are both poo and I hate them.

Also :ultchrom: has a ugly child :(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why are ridley and meta ridley so drastically different on the skin level outside of the whole metal part

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
why are ridley and meta ridley so drastically different on the skin level outside of the whole metal part
Probably because his skin (Not the whole skin) has been removed prior to becoming meta, hence why it's looks whiter as if it's new, and how the older skin (Of Dark Purple) was probably became dark from environmental changes to the skin. That's my guess.

Yattendooty, friends.

What's up?
I'm fine so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I want is a guarantee that I'm going to get a 1v1 stock match with no items. Why is that so ****ing much to ask for.
Nintendo doesn't want you have too much fun now. It's gotta be on their terms, and their terms say that you think you want 1v1s, but what you really want is FFA items on Paper Mario! After all, isn't Smash so much more enjoyable with jank ATs and cheap 1-hit-kill item zoning strats with complete strangers on the internet?

Why do FFAs affect a competitive ranking system? Better yet, why does this game have no actual matchmaking?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Tbh, are we a worthy species?
I don’t know... do we make for a nice smoothie?

I haven’t played enough online to have characters I really dislike, but, last time I played, I was R.O.B. and barely anyone would rematch me even though the connection was good, so R.O.B. must be near the top of others’ lists ahaha.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo doesn't want you have too much fun now. It's gotta be on their terms, and their terms say that you think you want 1v1s, but what you really want is FFA items on Paper Mario! After all, isn't Smash so much more enjoyable with jank ATs and cheap 1-hit-kill item zoning strats with complete strangers on the internet?

Why do FFAs affect a competitive ranking system. Better yet, why does this game have no actual matchmaking.
In my experience the only fun I have on FFAs are when playing with friends or people I know. When I play against a bunch of nameless faceless people online, I get tilted at the jank kills and rng items rather then laugh at them since there's nobody to laugh with.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Why do FFAs affect a competitive ranking system? Better yet, why does this game have no actual matchmaking?
If the game had good online matchmaking it'd be perfect. Sakurai purposefully messed it up to send a message, to remind us that everyone has flaws, and that we should all accept ourselves while striving to be better.

That, or it was poorly thought out.

D

Deleted member

If the game had good online matchmaking it'd be perfect. Sakurai purposefully messed it up to send a message, to remind us that everyone has flaws, and that we should all accept ourselves while striving to be better.

That, or it was poorly thought out.
turns out the real matchmaking was inside us all along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom