• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

THAT MAKES. NO. SENSE.

THE ****.
Morgan is from "A different future" cannonically. Seemingly from A different universe even. And he/she comes with Amnesia.
So the entire backstory of Morgan is built so that the devs don't need to explain anything.

Not sure, I typically don't follow along with tourneys, I only really watch them.
It's illegal because it's sharkable (which I find a really stupid reason but that's also why skyloft is illegal)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge?
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Dark Dragon Medeus [Fire Emblem]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It's illegal because it's sharkable (which I find a really stupid reason but that's also why skyloft is illegal)
How do you shark with the ledge regrab limit? Have they posted an example of it being degenerate?

(As a spectator, watching matches on Skyloft does make me really nervous though, the base platform looks like you can just drop through it even though you can’t and I’ve SD’ed too many times by accidentally dropping through pass through platforms with no land beneath them xD )

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Grima [Fire Emblem]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]
Grima's too big!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Wanna hear a fool's dream?

I dream of NEW Paper Mario that was a proper RPG...
Now that Nintendo's home and portable consoles are the same console, I'm hoping their next Mario rpg game is a Paper Mario & Luigi game that combines the gameplay of M&L with the art style of Paper Mario without being a weird crossover of the two series like Paper Jam was.

Grima's too big!
Nobody is too big to be a boss. Even if the only thing that's on the screen is his head.

But, I guess you could do Medeus instead.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's stuff like this that makes me want to play Bowser in Smash more. He's actually super fun in Ultimate.

Also, why does Bowser not have his own series?
I Would play the everloving **** out of that game!
I picture it to be a tactical rpg with a bunch of Mario enemies as units

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No he doesn't
He couldn't even be an echo fighter, the least we could do is add his stock icon
nah...give him more pain
This pains me to read not because I disagree...

....but because it's true....:sadeyes:
well it’s always gonna be true unless somebody wants to save him. Pit got to have a reboot/concluding sequel game in Uprising that leaves many sequels open, Mother 3 is always there for Sakurai to mock Lucas, and Mega Man can get a new game...but no hope for the Blue Falcon rider...just the Blue Falcon itself has hope
and I just want a ****ing :ulticeclimbers: sequel
that also has a better chance than an F-Zero sequel
What stage do you guys think has the best music? For me it has to be Kongo Jungle. Just always have been in love with DK music.
Any stage with Ring a Ding playing on it

D

Deleted member

Another Hot Take:

Persona & Shin Megami Tensei>Xenoblade Chronicles>Soulsborne>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon>Tales Of>Kingdom Hearts>Final Fantasy>Pokemon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fire Emblem

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Did someone say Lucky's Tale?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(joke btw)
I beat the original Lucky’s Tale last night by the way, it’s interesting playing a platformer in VR.

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to optionally play Smash in VR? Whenever someone gets launched offstage, you’d be able to tilt your head to see them flying off into the distance. Or you could get your face really close to the stage if you want to see the characters in better detail. It’d also make the characters actually look toy sized, kind of gives you the feeling of being Master Hand and watching them fight, right?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay Ganondorf and Riddley are cool and all, but are they also loving fathers?
:ultbowser:Big Dad best dad.

:ultkrool: Is married to Kalypso (I guess?) , is not taking the next step, I think?

:ultganondorf: Grew up in a queendom of women all of them are his sisters? (I think?)

:ultridley:Fly bird girl over there eating fed :ultzss:, too evil to commit.

:ultdarksamus: Is married and has two children.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to optionally play Smash in VR? Whenever someone gets launched offstage, you’d be able to tilt your head to see them flying off into the distance. Or you could get your face really close to the stage if you want to see the characters in better detail. It’d also make the characters actually look toy sized, kind of gives you the feeling of being Master Hand and watching them fight, right?
That would be amazing but if it wasn't a CPU-only match it would also be horrifying

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Another Hot Take:

Persona & Shin Megami Tensei>Xenoblade Chronicles>Soulsborne>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon>Tales Of>Kingdom Hearts>Final Fantasy>Pokemon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fire Emblem
Kind sir, I believe we have a disagreement here!
It obviously goes Xenoblade Chronicles>Pokémon Mystery Dungeon>Persona>Fire Emblem>Tapes of>Kingdom Hearts>Final Fantasy>Pokémon>Soulsborne

But tbh, this is a very difficult comparison to make. These are all very different styles of RPG's

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay Ganondorf and Riddley are cool and all, but are they also loving fathers?
Bowser might be a bad guy, but he's actually a pretty rockin' dad:

Seriously, this stuff here is adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
That would be amazing but if it wasn't a CPU-only match it would also be horrifying
Well, you’d still be playing from the usual third person view from the side of the stage and not in first person, I definitely wouldn’t want to play Smash in first person either xD

D

Deleted member

Ridley kills loving fathers. That's like his whole thing
This is why I gotta put Bowser higher on the list.

Bowser might be a baddie, but Ridley is pure, terrifying evil. Nothing redeeming about that big boi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what, here's something I never ****ing see. If your most wanted from an unrepresented franchise gets in, what Spirit battles would you expect to see added? My case is Dante so....
Vergil: Blue Dante with a Killing Edge, increased sword strikes
Trish: Bayonetta with a Death Scythe
Lady: Zero Suit with a Super Scope, neutral B gets buffed alongside her Super Scope.
Sparda: Ganondorf, increased physical attack

D

Deleted member

You know what, here's something I never ****ing see. If your most wanted from an unrepresented franchise gets in, what Spirit battles would you expect to see added? My case is Dante so....
Vergil: Blue Dante with a Killing Edge, increased sword strikes
Trish: Bayonetta with a Death Scythe
Lady: Zero Suit with a Super Scope, neutral B gets buffed alongside her Super Scope.
Sparda: Ganondorf, increased physical attack
For Zoe...
Vinnie Terrio: :ultyoshi: who loves to taunt and shields often
Minka Mark: Pink Outfit :ultdiddy:with a Banana Gun and increased Speed
Russell Ferguson: :ultsonic: with increased defense and neutral B power
Buttercream Sundae: Female :ultpikachu: with a Bunny Hood and increased attack at high damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom