• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awakening and Fates would probably have been better off with the GBA Fire Emblem system of having a limited selection of supports for each character.

Robin and Corrin make sense, because they're the avatar and it wouldn't be fair to arbitrarily limit your options.

The weirdest part is that some Awakening characters do have limited Support pools (e.g. Chrom x Cordelia not being possible).

There's some really great stuff in the Fates supports; such as, for example, Camilla teaching Hinoka how to sew, Camilla and Jakob getting into fights about who loves Corrin more, and Beruka and Saizo having a heart-to-heart about their careers as Assassins (sadly censored in the localisation); but finding these great support chains can be muddied by having tons of fluff surrounding them.
I had Beruka and Saizo pair up solely because their C-support made me legitimately laugh out loud.

But at the risk of going way off topic, I think the avatar likewise needs limitations, even if it's less limitations than the rest of the cast. Making all eight siblings not actually siblings for the sake of being allowed to romance kind of undermines the plot's entire central conflict.

Likewise, Robin romancing a kid from the future who isn't even born in his own timeline yet is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

D

Deleted member

Saw that another fake Direct list was talked about earlier.

Why does everyone keep tossing in F-Zero and Mother 3 in there? Like, that's just not even trying to hide that this is nothing but your wishlist, lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I had Beruka and Saizo pair up solely because their C-support made me legitimately laugh out loud.
It's tough, because the localised support is really funny, but the original is really heartfelt and deep (look it up if you haven't seen it).
But at the risk of going way off topic, I think the avatar likewise needs limitations, even if it's less limitations than the rest of the cast. Making all eight siblings not actually siblings for the sake of being allowed to romance kind of undermines the plot's entire central conflict.
You're right, obviously. I was thinking moreso of Robin when I said that (I'm tired, I'm actually about to head off to bed, I briefly forgot Corrin had... too much freedom regarding his S ranks).
Likewise, Robin romancing a kid from the future who isn't even born in his own timeline yet is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.
TIME TRAVEL, SON.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
TIME TRAVEL, SON.
Legitimate question because I don't feel like looking it up and I've never tried.

If Robin romances a kid from the future, do Robin and that kid then spawn Morgan also from the future? Because that would be a mind****.

D

Deleted member

I'm excited to see what mods people make with this game.

All of the ATs have really cool, highly detailed models. I'm kind of excited to see what model swaps people do with them. Callie and Marie over Inkling, obligatory Shadow over Sonic, Waluigi over everyone possible...

It's gonna be a good time.

etano

Smash Cadet
Legitimate question because I don't feel like looking it up and I've never tried.

If Robin romances a kid from the future, do Robin and that kid then spawn Morgan also from the future? Because that would be a mind****.
Questions that the nintendo universe will never explain.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Hot take

:ultkrool:>:ultbowser:

Also :ultkrool: thinks :ultbowser: is a fat and terrible king because he wears no crown.
---

:ultkrool::King Koopa huh? 'Crosses arms'

:ultbowser:: Yeah, what about it?

:ultkrool::You dumb fatso, how are you a king with no crown? "points to crown"

:ultbowser:: Trinkets and bobs are for tasteless simpletons.

:ultkrool::That's what the crownless say.

:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpalutena::ultzelda::ultrosalina::ultmarth::ultlucina::He does make a good point :ultbowser:

:ultwario::Wahhaha he called you a fatso!

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

I assume Morgan would just be from even further in the future, right? Or maybe he’d be from equally in the future if the future kid decides to stick around in this time period (so that they also later get to witness their own childhood, nothing like being buddies with your younger self, right?)

D

Deleted member

You still get Morgan from the future.

No, I don't know why or how, but it works. Nothing stops the Way of the Waifu, not even the laws of space and time!

Last edited by a moderator:

etano

Smash Cadet
Hot take

:ultkrool:>:ultbowser:

Also :ultkrool: thinks :ultbowser: is a fat and terrible king because he wears no crown.
:ultkrool: Is the easiest character to play as. Literally has the best recovery for a heavy and does a ton of damage. He is fun to play, and bowser does take some skill but I feel like with King you can learn all of his moves in a hurry.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)
If Is chose the Bosses, we'd have;

Master Hand
Master Core
Shadow Clones

Yellow Devil

Porky

Mugly

Leona Telethia
Metal Face
Yaldabaoth

Dyna Blade
Heavy Lobster

Omega Pirate
Thardus
Mogenar
Omega Metroid
Quadraxis

Biolizard
Time Eater

Regigigas
Omega Rayquaza
Primal Groudon

Mega Robosa
Frostwind

Ro-Shi

Hewdra
Hades
Pandora

D

Deleted member

Yes. You still get Morgan if you romance a second gen character.

Because shipping.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
warned for spamming
Frigate Orphean is the best stage. Don't @ me.
@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-
@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-
@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Master Hand
Master Core
Shadow Clones

Yellow Devil

Porky

Mugly

Leona Telethia
Metal Face
Yaldabaoth

Dyna Blade
Heavy Lobster

Omega Pirate
Thardus
Mogenar
Omega Metroid
Quadraxis

Biolizard
Time Eater

Regigigas
Omega Rayquaza
Primal Groudon

Mega Robosa
Frostwind

Ro-Shi

Hewdra
Hades
Pandora
That's a lot of bosses
But you completely forgot to make Waluigi into a boss

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Master Hand
Master Core
Shadow Clones

Yellow Devil

Porky

Mugly

Leona Telethia
Metal Face
Yaldabaoth

Dyna Blade
Heavy Lobster

Omega Pirate
Thardus
Mogenar
Omega Metroid
Quadraxis

Biolizard
Time Eater

Regigigas
Omega Rayquaza
Primal Groudon

Mega Robosa
Frostwind

Ro-Shi

Hewdra
Hades
Pandora
How would bosses like the Biolizard or Time Eater work with Smash’s gameplay?

D

Deleted member

@ @@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
You've made a powerful enemy this day.

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool: Is the easiest character to play as. Literally has the best recovery for a heavy and does a ton of damage. He is fun to play, and bowser does take some skill but I feel like with King you can learn all of his moves in a hurry.
Then you realize your butt is huge, tender, and everyone likes to poke it.

Easy to learn hard to master.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
How would bosses like the Biolizard or Time Eater work with Smash’s gameplay?
Yeah, They're Just in there because they're cool. Although you could Just five Them a health bar and throw them into the arena. Maybe with some specific spots you need to hit (like with Dracula's head)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You still get Morgan from the future.

No, I don't know why or how, but it works. Nothing stops the Way of the Waifu, not even the laws of space and time!

THAT MAKES. NO. SENSE.

THE ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom