• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wanna hear a fool's dream?

I dream of NEW Paper Mario that was a proper RPG...
Wow you are crazy. There is already a RPG Mario game in Mario & Luigi. How could they possibly co-exist?!

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I think Sylux is gonna be added as a spirit when Metroid Prime 4 comes near. It'll probs be an event. I wouldn't get my hopes up for playable Sylux.
Why do more people not believe this. Having the characters be new spirits released later is probably a quarter as expensive as making them a full fighter. And it can be ready same day as the games release. It just makes so much more sense. And then the DLC characters are ones who will sell on their own merit separately from promotion.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Holy cow! There's someone else who wants NiGHTS! A man/woman of quality!
Man. I've wanted a new NiGHTS game forever. Only reason I don't bring it up more for Smash is I know NiGHTS has no reasonable chance in hell of making it in.

They barely got into a Sega All-Stars racing game.

D

Deleted member

Man. I've wanted a new NiGHTS game forever. Only reason I don't bring it up more for Smash is I know NiGHTS has no reasonable chance in hell of making it in.

They barely got into a Sega All-Stars racing game.
Sega Smash Bros. when.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
you know what, if Gothbutterfly can support Zoe, then I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the "character from a little girl's toy line" subgenre

I am now in full support of Yasmin from Bratz

D

Deleted member

you know what, if Gothbutterfly can support Zoe, then I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the "character from a little girl's toy line" subgenre

I am now in full support of Yasmin from Bratz
Okay the difference is Zoe is from a toy line that isn't hot garbage

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Elise?

The healer?

Okay.
Why ask for a regular healer when you can go for one that summons hordes of ninja ghosts to fight for her?

One day I'll finish my Silque moveset...
Edit: Image is borked. Here.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If she's a waifu, there's a bit of a -ahem- FBI-involving problem.

Methinks you're thinking of the dead hedgehog-kisser instead of the Nohr imouto.
I haven't played fates since it was released but I'm pretty sure there's an offhand comment somewhere where they said she was actually an adult, she just likes to act like a kid because she looks like one.

So she's a ******.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
Okay lads, there's a new fake direct lineup "leak" and it talks about a character but the important part is that it's calling a new Wave Race game so let me tell you this is how Ryota Hayami can still win. Dread it. Run from it. The Blue Storm still arrives.
This is actually a pretty good fake in that they did a good job of balancing things we already know about with new stuff. Most fake direct leaks overload with new stuff, this is actually plausible (still fake tho)

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I haven't played fates since it was released but I'm pretty sure there's an offhand comment somewhere where they said she was actually an adult, she just likes to act like a kid because she looks like one.

So she's a ******.
actual gnome

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Elise?

The healer?

Okay.
So. I was going to post a gif of Elise tearing **** up in Fire Emblem Warriors to prove a point, but instead Google Images gave me an animated gif of Elise and Sakura making out and now I'm just confused.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
This is actually a pretty good fake in that they did a good job of balancing things we already know about with new stuff. Most fake direct leaks overload with new stuff, this is actually plausible (still fake tho)
The account that's linked to is so funny, the twitter background and all. It was a fun read though, and could be plausible. But it's a definite fake. Especially considering the account has been around since October 2017

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

So she's a ******.
Elise is "old enough" in the same way that all romanceable options in westernized Japanese games are.

In that she's not, but whatever, just say she's 18 and don't think about it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love every rendition of K. Rool that is drawn realistically, do I just not prefer the Rare cartoon artstyle?

Like this. This is amazing.
Love Rare's concepts, but I find the tech at the time to be a bit rough.

Like with :ultkrool: All the elements were there they just needed a new coat of paint.

Zeox

Smash Champion

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)
Porky should had been a boss again, not nothing like he is.
On New bosses, I actually thought they would add Eggman and Willy as new Bosses after the reveal of Rathalos and Dracula, you have third party bosses but not from Sonic or Megaman? c'mon!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay lads, there's a new fake direct lineup "leak" and it talks about a character but the important part is that it's calling a new Wave Race game so let me tell you this is how Ryota Hayami can still win. Dread it. Run from it. The Blue Storm still arrives.
Me: "Oh, cool, let's see if this one's reasonable enough to be real or--"
> First line is "The Direct begins with a trailer for Eternal Darkness 2, a game by Retro Studios. Release this year."
Me: "Yeah nevermind I'm not that hopeful."
> Don't read the rest.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Elise is "old enough" in the same way that all romanceable options in westernized Japanese games are.

Never forget (Whenever I try and post images they always show up as errors, any help?)

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a confession to make...
ever since I played Ultimate for the first time, this has kind of been me...
edit: frick
here we go

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend

So she's a ******.

That line (if it's in the Japanese version mostly unchanged), implies Elise is of "marriageable age" within the context of a Medieval setting.

It could mean "14" (and if that's the case, ew) or "16" (which is the legal age of consent in Britain and most of Europe, for the record).

It is, however, also the case that Elise doesn't act age appropriate even for a teenager (she still plays Hide and Seek, for example).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSP*

GUYS! GUYS!

:ultcorrinf::ultrobinf::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultbayonetta1::ultinklingboy:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom