• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wow, didn't know we missed a direct literally last year. Oh, and typo or not, no way they're revealing another DLC character without us knowing more about Joker, Unless they actually want people to know the DLC roster before Joker releases. Which I wouldn't mind, but ain't realistic.
Yeah but the wave race guy is in

Pakky

Smash Hero
Same. I don't really have any problems with Ultimate newcomers overall (and I even got Joker), but I feel like newcomers peaked at the last game. Though that's just me.
Kinda agree because a lot of this game has been "WELL WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?"

:ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon:

With a splash of "HA TOLD YA! NERD!"
:ultincineroar::ultken::ultdaisy:

And only a tiny dash of "WOAH LOL WHAT?"

:ultpiranha::ultdarksamus: 'Joker'

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I so desperately want the SNES thing to be true. I've never gotten to play an SNES game before (besides Super Mario Kart)

Isn't Elise not even 10?

-looks up-

....ok, so she's 14-16...? Huh. Wouldn't have guessed, really....

Wait until you're older, kid. Not ready for those yet. :p
I'd rather stay out of it altogether...

D

Deleted member

I so desperately want the SNES thing to be true. I've never gotten to play an SNES game before (besides Super Mario Kart)
Yeah, that would be awesome.
Although, little tip: if you want to talk about Nintendo in general, you might want to check out the Nintenzone,

Pakky

Smash Hero
If ain't got DKC I don't give a damn.

Also wasn't MK on there?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Sylux is gonna be added as a spirit when Metroid Prime 4 comes near. It'll probs be an event. I wouldn't get my hopes up for playable Sylux.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Okay lads, there's a new fake direct lineup "leak" and it talks about a character but the important part is that it's calling a new Wave Race game so let me tell you this is how Ryota Hayami can still win. Dread it. Run from it. The Blue Storm still arrives.
The fact that someone went through all this trouble to make fake Direct that includes headlines and when each game gets announced, as well as fake games amuses me more than it probably should.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yeah, the NES laid the groundwork for great games, but the SNES really made masterpieces. Just don't keep your hopes up; text leaks are a bit hard to prove.
Also, just because there might be coding for it, doesn't mean they'll use it.

The 3DS has native support for running GBA games, but was only ever used for 10 games exclusively released to "Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors" in 2011, and then the feature was never brought up or used ever again.

D

Deleted member

If ain't got DKC I don't give a damn.

Also wasn't MK on there?
DKC is a strange omission. I think the whole trilogy may come all together at a later date.

Anyways, what's the deal with DLC stages (without characters). I think we may see one or two in the next direct.

Pakky

Smash Hero
DKC is really unfortunate but Super Metroid is good enough.
Metriod is good, but I have really basic needs that aren't being met and its bothersome.

Miyamoto just won't quit will he? I mean he JUST HATES DKC.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Sylux is gonna be added as a spirit when Metroid Prime 4 comes near. It'll probs be an event. I wouldn't get my hopes up for playable Sylux.
Or he might be completely absent from the game, like Isaac in Smash 4. Though, I agree with you, a playable Sylux feels like a stretch at this point.

(However, if he's in, he'd definitely be unexpected.)

D

Deleted member

Metriod is good, but I have really basic needs that aren't being met and its bothersome.
Miyamoto just won't quit will he?
Miyamoto is a genius game designer, but he has a history of saying/doing some really wacky stuff.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Miyamoto is a genius game designer, but he has a history of saying/doing some really wacky stuff.
Like saying 'Yeah don't put Kremlings in DKC returns'

The man is a genius but he has to be the most bitter man in games when comes to his own stuff.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Maybe in the second DLC Pack?
Tbh, I still believe. The Steve-Ryu-Doomslayer leak was proven fake recently (the poster claims he got item from Reddit)
So the whole "Sylux is completely absent while Kanden and Trace are prominently featured" argument still holds strong

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
*sigh* nobody here does until they meet me...
Zoe's a Littlest Pet Shop Character...
I knew of her before coming to this site.
Would've never even entertained the idea of her in Smash before you brought it up though.

Maybe in the second DLC Pack?
If there is one (hopefully there is).

(P.S. You might want to avoid double posting. Edit your post instead if no one posts before you).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I wish Miyamoto was half of a duo. And that he’s other half was a genius with all of the things he was bad at. The companies games would definitely be more balanced experiences.
Its kinda like George Lucas with the prequel trilogy. Thank god for Koizumi.

Like saying 'Yeah don't put Kremlings in DKC returns'

The man is a genius but he has to be the most bitter man in games when comes to his own stuff.
He puts a lot of restrictions on his teams in an attempt to make them more creative, but sometimes it just make worse games (Sticker Star). He even denied the idea of Smash Bros at first.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sometimes I wish Miyamoto was half of a duo. And that he’s other half was a genius with all of the things he was bad at. The companies games would definitely be more balanced experiences.
Wanna hear a fool's dream?

I dream of NEW Paper Mario that was a proper RPG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom