• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what, here's something I never ****ing see. If your most wanted from an unrepresented franchise gets in, what Spirit battles would you expect to see added? My case is Dante so....
Vergil: Blue Dante with a Killing Edge, increased sword strikes
Trish: Bayonetta with a Death Scythe
Lady: Zero Suit with a Super Scope, neutral B gets buffed alongside her Super Scope.
Sparda: Ganondorf, increased physical attack
Okay um...gonna go for...Neku Sakuraba

Shiki - :ultlucina: (red palette) with :ultbowserjr: to represent Mr. Mew. Usually sticks to the ground.
Joshua - :ultshulk:(White palette) tends to jump a lot

Beat - :ultken: (yellow) taunts a lot, uses items like the warp star

Rhyme - :ultinkling: (yellow female) with a Rage Shooter or whatever it's called

Uzuki Yashiro - :ultbayonetta: (blue short hair)

Koki Kariya - :ultcloud: (Advent Children)

Yodai Higashizawa - :ultganondorf: has Killing Edge, occasionally turns large and metal. CPU Ally: :ultlucina: (red) as reference to the last battle of the Shiki chapter

Sho Minamimoto - :ultfalcon:(black outfit) taunts a lot and uses projectiles/shooting items. Don't let him get an Assist Trophy or he will literally DROP THE FREAKIN' MOON! CPU Ally: :ultshulk: (white) reference to last battle of Joshua chapter

Mitsuki Konishi - :ultzss: (black outfit) prefers close range combat. CPU Ally: :ultken: (yellow) as Konishi is the penultimate battle and you have Beat as your partner
Megumi Kitaniji - :ultsimon: (black and purple) has Death Scythe

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
You know what, here's something I never ****ing see. If your most wanted from an unrepresented franchise gets in, what Spirit battles would you expect to see added? My case is Dante so....
Lady: Zero Suit with a Super Scope, neutral B gets buffed alongside her Super Scope.
So if Rokusho got in, we'd have...
Metabee: Yellow Megaman spamming lemons and bombs while Snake spams Nikita
Mega Emperor: 3 Giant R.O.B.s of which one constantly recharges his Final Smash
Sumilidon: Yellow Wolf with a Franklin Badge and two slow moving Piranha Plants (Rockflower)
Warbandit: Really fast Samus with 2 Rockflowers
Sabotina: 3 Bullet Seed spamming Ivysaur
Circulis: really fast Sonic while you are really slow
Stonemirror: Mewtwo with a death-scythe
Erika: 3 Daisies of which 1 has a Nintendoscope and 2 have freezies
Karin: 3 Peaches of which 2 have Nintendoscopes and the last one constantly heals
Samantha: 1 Incineroar with a Screwattack and 2 Tiny red Pits with franklin badges

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Slime from DQ.
Giant Slime, with many normal sized slimes protecting him. Stage: Castle Siege.
:ultganondorf: purple palette, and :ultcharizard:purple palette after Ganondorf is defeated. Recreating his Final Boss battle from the first Dragon Quest. Stage: Dracula's Castle.
:ultlink:, uses items. ATs might appear simulating random encounters from the games. Stage: Gaur Plains.
:ultpit: partnered with a tiny :ultpalutena:, which represents Stella, a fairy that assists the hero in DQ9. Stage: Palutena's Temple.
Metal Slime. Timed battle. Enemy runs away a lot. Stage: Great Cave Offensive.
:ultkingdedede:with his white/gray palette. Has a gun item. Has many gray :ultkirby:s protecting him. Stage: Halberd.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
My ideas from the Saber thread:
I was bored yesterday and thought up some Spirit battles using the Stay Night cast and one Extra.

Shirou Emiya: Novice, :ultpit:colour 3, Battlefield Onett
-The enemy has increased attack power
Archer: Advanced, :ultdarkpit:colour 3, Midgar
-The enemy prefers neutral specials
-The enemy has increased movement speed
Rin Tohsaka: Novice, :ultrobin:colour 8, Tomodachi Life
-The enemy's magic attacks have increased power
Sakura Matou: Advanced, :ultcorrin:colour 6, Gamer
-The enemy prefers special attacks
-The enemy has increased attack power at high damage

Shinji Matou: Novice, :ultchrom:colour 3, Omega Wrecking Crew
-The enemy is very fast and can't stop quickly
-The enemy has increased attack power when at high damage
Kirei Kotomine: Legend, :ultsimon:colour 5, Omega Dracula's Castle
-Stamina battle
-The enemy's special moves have increased power
-The enemy prefers special moves
-The enemy's Final Smash charges quickly
Berserker: Legend, :ultbowser:colour 5, Battlefield Find Mii
-Stamina battle
-The enemy has super armour and is hard to launch or make flinch
-The enemy starts the battle with an Ore Club
-The enemy is giant
Red Saber: Ace, :ultrobin:colour 4, Battlefield Castle Siege
-The enemy's smash attacks have increased power
-The enemy prefers grounded attacks
-The enemy loves to taunt
Rider: Ace, :ultrichter:colour 3, Umbra Clock Tower
-The enemy's air attacks have increased power
-The enemy prefers air attacks

Caster: Advanced, :ultzelda:colour 6, Suzaku Castle
-The enemy's magic attacks have increased power
-The enemy starts the battle with a Death's Scythe
-Reinforcements will appear during the battle (:ultgreninja:colour 8 with a Killing Edge)

True Assassin: Ace,:ultsheik: colour 6, Battlefield Spear Pillar
-The enemy's neutral special has increased power
-The enemy is occasionally invisible

Dark Sakura: Legend, :ultdarksamus:colour 6, Omega Fourside
-Timed Stamina Battle
-The enemy has increased attack power
-The enemy starts the battle with a Rage Blaster
-Reinforcements will appear during the battle (:ultlucina:colour 7)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Assuming a BD rep would be a sole representative (let's say Tiz)...
  • Agnes: Black Palutena, favors long-ranged attacks, protected by CPU Tiz
  • Ringabel: Gold (skin) Captain Falcon, Lip's Stick, taunts at every opportunity
  • Edea: Red Daisy with a Killing Edge, Black Knight assist trophy as an ally
  • Airy: Tiny Bayonetta, favors jumping and avoids battle - after 1 minute, turns golden and giant
  • Alternis Dim: Dark Meta Knight, Rage Blaster, all fighters steadily increase %

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So... Weird question from me, but what should my smash online name be? Because I've got this long list of options.

Names:
Ultomato (One of 2 names I use on the internet)
SandshrewIsEpic (The other one... Would become Sandshrew I supposes)
Muqaran (My "student family name")
Leaf Blade (I need Grovyle in smash)
Eruption (But Camerupt is best Pokémon)
Chortles (After my favourite video-game character)
Narrator (After my favourite TV character)
Phrygisian (Rundas and also Jazz)
Chemist (I am one. Any chemistry puns are very welcome)

So what sounds best?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why does every Doctor Mario player I fight have godlike timing and spacing?

Like seriously, only good players pick Doc from my experience. You've got a lot of scrubs who pick other slow heavy hitters like Ganondorf and Incineroar but never Doc for some reason.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, we've got FAST to fill f-zero's genre now
not the same

Like seriously, only good players pick Doc from my experience. You've got a lot of scrubs who pick other slow heavy hitters like Ganondorf and Incineroar but never Doc for some reason.
Cause they don’t understand pure evil...whom serves Isabelle

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

If a niche audience has gotten to the higher GSP levels, it's pretty likely that their fundamentals and tricks they've learned have carried their way there.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This just made me think. Waluigi has 3 differing spirits. You could have an all Waluigi team. Why would anyone pick anything else?
Because Daisy's ****ing better.

EDIT: Glad to see images still aren't working today. It'll be funny in like 24hrs.

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Tbh, I still believe. The Steve-Ryu-Doomslayer leak was proven fake recently
Really?
I didn’t hear that this got proven fake. Though selfishly I’m kind of happy...none of the remaining characters were personal interests. I think it’s kind of fun not knowing who we will get:p I also don’t think the DLC will ever fully leak

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Really?
I didn’t hear that this got proven fake.
I know I'm being that guy right now, but it was pretty obviously fake.

I have no idea why people, let alone major publications, took it so seriously.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

"Noone took it seriously, we Just don't have anything better to talk about!"~pretty much Everyone for the past week

Condenir

Smash Apprentice

I never really believed it, but it was just nice that it got 100% debunked...gives me more peace of mind now

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Noone took it seriously, we Just don't have anything better to talk about!"~pretty much Everyone for the past week
IGN gave it a headline article.

I mean, it's IGN, but still.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Did they claim it was real or was it filler?
I didn't click on it. I just remember the headline, "Smash Ultimate's DLC Roster May Have Just Been Leaked!"

Then I remembered you can't spell ignorance without IGN and went somewhere else.

D

Deleted member

Boi you haven't seen anything. Only Porky a kid of all beings is more evil than an genocidal sadistic space pirate leader.
Porky at least has the excuse of a childhood that molded him that way.

Ridley is just kinda... a wrong entity. His Other M appearance is a pretty good indication of that.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Porky at least has the excuse of a childhood that molded him that way.

Ridley is just kinda... a wrong entity. His Other M appearance is a pretty good indication of that.
Tbh, I'd love a Metroid game that shows Ridley's past before and how he became part of the Space Pirates.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What is the deal with that private event at the NY Nintendo Store?
wait, what?!

oh gosh...I think it's happening

wasn't there a private event at a Nintendo store before a reveal sometime last year too, or am i misremembering??

D

Deleted member

wait, what?!

oh gosh...I think it's happening

wasn't there a private event at a Nintendo store before a reveal sometime last year too, or am i misremembering??
I wouldn't get too excited.

Last three events like these were for games like Style Savvy, a teddy bear 3DS game, and a Disney 3DS game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gotta love Quickplay Clouds who's idea of playing neutral is throwing out random F-smashes the entire match and never learning no matter how many times they get punished for it. Oh, and not to mention Samus mains who ares still stuck in Smash 4 and never use anything aside from roll/missile/charged shot.

Both those players I just fought were just barely below Elite Smash in ranking. How do people let them get away with that nonsense?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Gotta love Quickplay Clouds who's idea of playing neutral is throwing out random F-smashes the entire match and never learning no matter how many times they get punished for it. Oh, and not to mention Samus mains who ares still stuck in Smash 4 and never use anything aside from roll/missile/charged shot.

Both those players I just fought were just barely below Elite Smash in ranking. How do people let them get away with that nonsense?
Because Ultimate's GSP system and online mode as a whole besides Arena is a joke.

D

Deleted member

Scrubby players like me let them win.

There was a Dedede that spammed Gordos and while I was learning how to deal with it, they still beat me in the end, and their GSP was at like 2.8 or something along those lines. Was incredibly frustrating, but at least I learned something from it, ha ha.

D

Deleted member

literally my samus has the most gsp out of all my characters despite her just being my go-to ffa character (that i barely use bc i don't play ffa's often)

gsp is kinda a joke

D

Deleted member

The bosses in Smash Ultimate were great, the best one in my opinion being Marx. But damn if I wish there were more original ones like him thrown in there as well. Who would be your picks for bosses if you were in charge? Some that come to my mind are Eggman or even Chaos, Black Knight, or even bringing back Porky or another brawl boss. (My images keep breaking it's one of Eggman)
I'm biased but tbh a full-on boss version of Metal Face would've been bombass

And honestly I would've taken ANY Brawl boss being brought back besides Galleom (and Duon I guess), like out of Rayquaza, Porky, or Petey, you choose the generic OC robot? I don't understand

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That's generally how online is going to be for the most part for any game. Most ranks are just going to be people spamming what they think is their most powerful move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom