• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's something I thought about today.

What do the Smash invitations actually say?

Like in universe?

Do already existing members give new characters recommendations?

Are those who recommended them mentioned?

Like for example

:ultkirby: recommends :ultkingdedede:/:ultmetaknight: and since he's one of the 12 what he says goes.
The invitations don't actually say anything.
When you touch one you're just automatically summoned into Smash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Like in universe?

Like for example

:ultkirby: recommends :ultkingdedede:/:ultmetaknight: and since he's one of the 12 what he says goes.
:ultyoshi: would probably recommend Birdo

Or Shy Guy just to torture the little guys...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe an invitation is not needed. Maybe Master Hand just summons you to Smash whether you are willing or not.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Like in universe?

Like for example

Judging by Isabelle and Villager's reactions?

"JOIN SMASH OR DIE"

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
If the characters are figures, at least in earlier installments, then wouldn't you touching the letter be like being taken out of the box? Lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
xD I honestly have no idea, but I see it like Roidley originated thanks to the OTHER M Universe' Feds screwing up their own experiments. Ridley, I feel he had parents at some point (probably it happened like with any reptile), but they are long LONG dead, either he killed them or someone killed them and he just doesn't remember that much of his origins to care.

When it comes about the romance deal, I see it like he doesn't know what it is until he meets Rosalina:
View attachment 185911
Since she was the one that surprisingly gave him a second chance in life , and he has adored her ever since. He doesn't devide love into some sort of category (Romantic (with Rosa) or Fraternal (with Roidley), just love in general. (in my headcanon, that just like my Ridley Bros, my Catrin Ridley and this SHIP idea, started in 2014).

xD YAY!
Yeah, I wish my random headcanons were this creative but pfffffff

I leave for a couple of hours and return to find people posting seductive pictures of Smash Bros. characters.

Never change Smashboards. Never change.

We got some pretty good taste in handsome men, right old sport?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized that if Doomguy is legit then we'll probably get fancomics of Link getting Ganondorf to go "Fool, I am the Demon King and I shall rule of Hyrule" before Doomguy runs after him cause no way they wouldn't make him an insanely mobile character

Noipoi

Howdy!

Like in universe?

Like for example

Because i'm a damn nerd.
Dear Ridley.

We've read your many, many letters and have decided to accept your request.

We firmly ask you DO NOT kill anyone.

Welcome to Smash, finally-Master Hand.

-----------------------------------------
Dear King K. Rool.

We humbly request you come out of your decade long depressive episode to join Smash and do what you do best, antagonize the Kongs.

All the 90s kids would love to see you.

Hope to see you here-Master Hand.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Incineroar.

The Grinch has gone too far. We need your unique abilities to take him down.

If you need to take out Banjo, Isaac. Shadow, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Geno in order to complete your mission, go ahead. But whatever you do,
do NOT attack Ken.

Give em' Hell-Master Hand.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just realized that if Doomguy is legit then we'll probably get fancomics of Link getting Ganondorf to go "Fool, I am the Demon King and I shall rule of Hyrule" before Doomguy runs after him cause no way they wouldn't make him an insanely mobile character
Good think it is Smash Bros. because otherwise, unless Doomguy had holy weapons, he could never finish Ganondorf/Ganon, since he could only be killed by such weapons, right?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I don't see anything wrong with adding the entire cast of Undertale to Smash, Sakurai just has to work a little bit harder

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because i'm a damn nerd.
Dear Ridley.

We've read you're many, many letters and have decided to accept your request.

Dear King K. Rool.

We humbly request you come out of your decade long depressive episode to join Smash and do what you do best, antagonize the Kongs.

Dear Incineroar.

The Grinch has gone too far. We need you're unique abilities to take him down.

If you need to take out Banjo, Isaac. Shadow, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Geno in order to complete your mission ,go ahead. But whatever you do, do NOT attack Ken.

LOL at Ridley's letter. Too bad he killed Mario and Megaman in his reveal trailer.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dear Yoshi,

We've decided to invite you to the inaugural Smash event as one of the first 8.

We'll give you your own dining quarters due to you're, um, "gifts"

Welcome to Smash, Omnivore of the Year (he, I like that. Maybe we'll use that title later)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Because i'm a damn nerd.
Dear Ridley.

Dear King K. Rool.

Dear Incineroar.

If you need to take out Banjo, Isaac. Shadow, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Geno in order to complete your mission ,go ahead. But whatever you do, do NOT attack Ken.

Can we get a dedicated thread for drafting newcomer acceptance letters? This is gold right here.

btw it's your not you're
Honestly that'd be great for Doomguy, cause then he'd be able to fully go to town on him
I feel like Doomguy would beat Ganon/dorf so horribly that he would ultimately run. There's a fate worse than death, and that's not being able to die at the hands of Doomguy.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was confused by this line for a second before I realized that it's meant to say "your", so here I am, correcting you like some kind of know-it-all.

Just ignore that I mix up "to" and "too" all the time.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dear Sonic,

After hearing so many requests from your fans, we have decided to add you into Smash Bros.

Just try not to run off the stage at full speed too many times.

See you soon, and I mean soon-Master Hand.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Because i'm a damn nerd.
Dear Ridley.

Dear King K. Rool.

Dear Incineroar.

Dear Leader of the Phantom Thieves

Upon the stern request of your mother, we request that you join the ranks of video game history in SMASH

Please don't antagonize the females on staff- Master Hand

Dear Ms./Mr. Plant

Upon the request of your boss :ultbowser: and your friend:ultbowserjr: We humbly welcome you to SMASH.

We hope that this letter made out of the corpses of your relatives doesn't offend you- Master Hand

:ultpiranha:: I no has eyes :3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
How does that work? Comically serious with moments of foolishness?
It depends on the situation. It can be serious, from Ridley's part since he's the Lead, sometimes in between (from Ridley himself too), and rare "idiotic" impulses from Roidley (etc etc), which he can be only heard by Ridley inside his subconcious when fused, and when Silly One starts whining or starts going borderline annoying with his comments, Ridley would hit his head pretty hard with his tail to shut him up, causing confusion among others that have no idea why the heck he would randomly hit himself (None of the other fighters know about Roidley's existance. The encounters with him in the Smash 4 Era at the Pyrosphere, were a rarity, maybe once or twice, and they all forgot about).

I have developed the entire idea little by little, and with Ultimate, it grew a lot more.
Yeah, I wish my random headcanons were this creative but pfffffff
xD Oh come on, NSG, THEY CAN! But like I said before, it took me years (starting since 2006 with Ridley alone, and 2014 for the rest of the headcanons, and I am still making a lot more).

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Dear Waluigi Joker,

After hearing the massive fan demand for your inclusion, we have decided to reconsider and invite you to the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Tournament.

We hope to see you soon - Master Hand

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can we get a dedicated thread for drafting newcomer acceptance letters? This is gold right here.

btw it's your not you're

I feel like Doomguy would beat Ganon/dorf so horribly that he would ultimately run. There's a fate worse than death, and that's not being able to die at the hands of Doomguy.
I was confused by this line for a second before I realized that it's meant to say "your", so here I am, correcting you like some kind of know-it-all.

Just ignore that I mix up "to" and "too" all the time.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d
How could I make such a rookie mistake?

Take this in return.

Dear Daisy.

Over the past fourteen years you have sent us approximately 74,000 letters. Each with the words "HI I"M DAISY" written on them.

We don't know what they mean, but we think you want to join us.

Thanks to the creation of echo fighters, we now have a position for you.

Just please, STOP sending those letters. It's disturbing, We may have to assign you a therapist.

Seriously, stop-Master Hand.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Huh? What do you mean by "go to town on him"?
Doomguy has many, MANY tools to mutilate demons to the point it's pretty much canon that when demons scream at you, they're screaming in fear. A seemingly immortal demon would be the equivalent of a pizza slice that never ran out to him

btw it's your not you're

Yeah but Ganon is slow as **** and would get tossed into the corner while we hear this before it fades to black

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Doomguy has many, MANY tools to mutilate demons to the point it's pretty much canon that when demons scream at you, they're screaming in fear. A seemingly immortal demon would be the equivalent of a pizza slice that never ran out to him
Makes since. After all, like you said, Doomguy has a lot of demon killing weapons. Ganondorf, you'd better run if Doomguy's in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dear Bayonetta,

Due to not a small fan demand, we contemplated about inviting you to Smash.

Apparently, we contemplated for too long and you just invited yourself and now Pit and his brother needs therapy.

Please keep in mind that we have children here - Master Hand

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Makes since. After all, like you said, Doomguy has a lot of demon killing weapons. Ganondorf, you'd better run if Doomguy's in.
Honestly this specific matchup is one of the reasons I want Doomguy the most. Probably because my vision for the character would be that Doomguy would be VERY frail but like top 5 fastest characters in the game as mobility is the most important thing for survival in Doom

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dear Bayonetta,
Due to not a small fan demand, we contemplated about inviting you to Smash.

Apparently, we contemplated for too long and you just invited yourself and now Pit and his brother needs therapy.

Please keep in mind that we have children here - Master Hand
Goes directly to Skyworld and kills thousands.

Like doesn't even think about it just goes there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dear Waluigi Joker,

After hearing the massive fan demand for your inclusion, we have decided to reconsider and invite you to the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Tournament.

We hope to see you soon - Master Hand
That implies Waluigi was even getting a letter.
Heh. Heh.

...I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dear Captain Falcon,

I am starting the first ever Smash Bros. tournament, and we would like for you to be one of our secret characters for the tournament.

You can always feel free to show your moves on stage.

So hurry and race on on-Master Hand.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dear Marth,

In an experiment to spite the fans with sword fighters, we would like to ask you to join Smash Brothers and bring your sword to fight.

By Link and Mario's request, please don't steal Peach or Zelda from them.

Make sure to look like a pretty boy when you come-Master Hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom