• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dear Pikachu
Due to the massive success of the Pokemon series (Pokemania, I think the kids call it.) we are inviting you to join the multiverse's first ever Super Smash Bros Tournament.

Here you will face off against gaming's icons like Mario, Link, and Samus. Along with Literally whos like Ness and Captain Falcon.

You have earned your place among legends, now let's see if you can own up to your title.

Gotta Smash em' all! (Was that too on the nose?)-Master Hand

Dear Jigglypuff.

Lol you look like Kirby.

Lol get over here-Crazy Hand

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of Smash invites and the like, what would the Smashers feel like during the lead up to and the release of the game?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Dear Pikachu
Due to the massive success of the Pokemon series (Pokemania, I think the kids call it.) we are inviting you to join the multiverse's first ever Super Smash Bros Tournament.

Here you will face off against gaming's icons like Mario, Link, and Samus. Along with Literally whos like Ness and Captain Falcon.

You have earned your place among legends, now let's see if you can own up to your title.

Gotta Smash em' all! (Was that too on the nose?)-Master Hand

Dear Jigglypuff.

Lol you look like Kirby.

Why is Jigglypuff's so true, and what's sad is I secondary her in Smash 64, and main her in Melee

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dear Jigglypuff.

Lol you look like Kirby.

Can this be canon? All sensible choices like Zelda or Wario is Master Hand's invitations and Crazy Hand is like...

"Hey, a potted plant! Join to Smash! Hey, cool burning sword! Join to Smash! I have no idea what's a Metal Gear but nice ***, join to Smash!"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the topic of Smash invites and the like, what would the Smashers feel like during the lead up to and the release of the game?
Sonic: YEAH! Now it's time to show that plumber who's better!

King K. Rool: Finally! Now my time has come to show those Kongs who rules who!

Wolf: This is great! Fox, here I come!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Depends on the game. Samus got incredibly snappy at everyone and started wrecking **** and drinking beer after having 2 of her most fearsome foes join her. Ridley cracks inappropriate jokes around kids which causes Samus to stop whatever she's doing just so she can suplex him while she foams at the mouth

osby

Smash Obsessed
"I didn't signed for this." -Everyone, after seeing Galeem.

"I'm gonna punch this sun in the face." -Daisy and Incineroar, probably.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Played World of Light for most of the night (Besides having a break and watching The Meg with my dad). Saved :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultlink::ultpeach::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultzss:. The Spirit fight supposedly who I think is :ultsnake: is hard as heck. Those R.O.B.'s keep kicking my butt. Also reached Galeem and dude keeps kicking my butt as well.

Curious question BTW once beating Galeem and sending you to the World of Dark. Can you go back and forth or are you stuck in World of Dark because I haven't saved everyone on the World of Light side yet.

P.S.: Got a Software Error while playing the game. Maybe it was for how long I've been playing it? Never the less I'll be prepared for if it happens again.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Played World of Light for most of the night (Besides having a break and watching The Meg with my dad). Saved :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultlink::ultpeach::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultzss:. The Spirit fight supposedly who I think is :ultsnake: is hard as heck. Those R.O.B.'s keep kicking my butt. Also reached Galeem and dude keeps kicking my butt as well.

Curious question BTW once beating Galeem and sending you to the World of Dark. Can you go back and forth or are you stuck in World of Dark because I haven't saved everyone on the World of Light side yet.
You can go back, but there's a point of no return so I suggest doing everything in the light world first.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

P.S.: Got a Software Error while playing the game. Maybe it was for how long I've been playing it? Never the less I'll be prepared for if it happens again.
You can go back by going to the middle point and pressing down iirc

D

Deleted member

I’d assume (yes, I’m replying to myself) that they’d feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, but also an urge to move on.
They’d be bearing on impatient, but also, they wouldn’t really want to let their current game go.
They had made new memories, and met new people, but now, it’s time to move on.
Bayonetta would’ve been waiting in fear of her overwhelming nerfs.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I just had a horrendous thought that Minion was going to be added into Smash, anybody know a great way to bleach your brain?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
User was warned for this post; double posting
Imagine :ultwario: but with :ultzss:'s clothes.
Yay, I won't be able to sleep sound now, knowing that there is probably fanart of that somewhere to now haunt me, I truly thank you
(guess that means I'll stay up later posting)

I know what you're doing.
And I advise to everyone that is reading this...
Please don't post that image.
You know the one.
Don't.
Well then

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just to be sure, are you guys talking about this one?

Or did you mixed up Wario and Ganondorf and instead talking about this?

1546845085041.jpeg

EDIT: Okay, one wholesome Zero Suit fanart for a change:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what's funny. That no matter what, no matter the fact that Microsoft bought them nearly to decades ago, Rare Ltd. has been credited in every single Smash game.

64 was for the design of DK.
Melee was for, well, multitudes of things since they still technically owned them.
And all the following ones have given them credit for their music compositions.

I'm not going to lie, even though it really means nothing, seeing "Rare Limited" in Smash Bros. will never not put a smile on my face. Reminds me when Banjo was a Nintendo character through and through and no one would ever have questioned that. Good times.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Noipoi Noipoi XD In the topic of what their Invites said...my Ridley didn't got one like the others, he got directly threatened by Master Hand that discovered them, that if he didn't joined the fray (after 4 years of events in the previous Era, he didn't wanted to at this point), he would harm/kill Roidley (they JUST had escaped from the Bottleship replica before it exploded and got down to "Earth"), something the cursed glove knew would not allow him to refuse. And so the pact was done, and Ridley, knowing his -other- abilities, decided to fuse with Roidley so they could be together at all times, all at the expense of their freedom, and that when they were one, they would share the same physical pain, but only Ridley would show the injuries when unfused. When wanting to spare Roidley from the pain, Ridley would take his Meta form. (xD That is why I love that default and alt, I could connect it perfectly along with the other forms Ridley takes thanks to the spirits and Death's Scythe (for my Catrin Ridley specifically).

HOWEVER! Ridley would be the one to send a Letter to Master Hand:
Dear Jerk Hand:

I will end you.

Also, **** you.

Atte: Ridley.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just had an ultimate realization.

USING RIDLEY'S UP SPECIAL TO SPIKE IS DR. DOOM'S FOOTDIVE
image.gif

osby

Smash Obsessed

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I won't lie, the Zero Suit photoshops work fine. Except Jigglypuff among those 3. Just doesn't fill the suit right at all.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just to be sure, are you guys talking about this one?

Or did you mixed up Wario and Ganondorf and instead talking about this?

EDIT: Okay, one wholesome Zero Suit fanart for a change:

"It's like I'm wearing nothing at all..."

"nothing at all..."

"N O T H I N G A T A L L"

:yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like we've used The Simpsons memes so many times now, not going to lie lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom