• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
ok but why the grass starter
Not the person you were replying to, but I just like grass types. Aside from Gens 1 and 2, every one of my favorite fully evolved starters has been the grass type one. It's a consistent pattern, so I'm planning on supporting the Gen 8 one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wasn’t saying anything bad about Ivysaur, I’m referring to standalone fully evolved staters like :ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
But do we need one like how we supposedly need to complete the weapon triangle of Fire Emblem, or the last Bros. of Super Mario Bros.?

We have the fire/water/grass starters as a literal gimmick for a character already in the game. :073:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But do we need one like how we supposedly need to complete the weapon triangle of Fire Emblem, or the last Bros. of Super Mario Bros.?

We have the fire/water/grass starters as a literal gimmick for a character already in the game. :073:
I mean I’m personally inclined to agree with you considering I’d like Cynthia to be a future Pokémon rep with 3 of her Pokémon, but I’d understand if they decided on the other route.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft, we've already got :ultpiranha: as our second grass-type. What more do you guys want?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well what a night. So many challenges in World of Light and this was just the beginning. I can only imagine what lays ahead.

On the other hand I've saved :ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi:so the party is definitely growing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well what a night. So many challenges in World of Light and this was just the beginning. I can only imagine what lays ahead.

On the other hand I've saved :ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi:so the party is definitely growing.
Did :ultmario: and :ultdoc: started to fight for dominance after you rescued both? That's what happened in my first playthrough.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Boy it's been a while since I've posted on this thread, I seen that the poll options has changed. My answer is definitely the first one, Ultimate has been a wonderful experience for me and I think it will keep entertained forever.

I even found World of Light fun as well though I do wish there were some platform sections.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The obvious answer is that Shiftry is DLC.

:ultgreninja: Water/Dark
:ultincineroar: Fire/Dark
:ultshiftry: Grass/Dark

Plus we'd finally get a Hoenn Pokémon that isn't Pikachu Libre. It's just logical, really.
I'd unironically be hyped; I love Shiftry. Give me a Fortree City stage.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Considering we got :ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultridley: in the base roster, I heavily doubt we'll get any "more obscure" characters regardless of how many third parties we get.
In my opinion, the fact we had such a recognizable set of newcomers for the base roster shows the need for more obscure fighters. Seeing big names join the battle is cool, but so is seeing the Mr. Game and Watches and R.O.Bs of the world. It can be exciting to have a long forgotten faces like Ayumi Tachibana or Ricky Winterborn be brought out to shine once again.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey hello howdy~
Good morning! How are you doing on this-*looks out to see it snowing*-fine day?

In my opinion, the fact we had such a recognizable set of newcomers for the base roster shows the need for more obscure fighters. Seeing big names join the battle is cool, but so is seeing the Mr. Game and Watches and R.O.Bs of the world. It can be exciting to have a long forgotten faces like Ayumi Tachibana or Ricky Winterborn be brought out to shine once again.
I agree but there's also no way for these type of characters to make sensible DLC choices.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Good morning! How are you doing on this-*looks out to see it snowing*-fine day?

I agree but there's also no way for these type of characters to make sensible DLC choices.
It's one in the morning for me, I just got back from reading fanfics for hours.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Grass-Form Silvally for Smash.
We haven't finished getting every single Fire Emblem Protagonist. We can not move on.
FE Jonny Test Rowan for Smash!
The obvious answer is that Shiftry is DLC.

:ultgreninja: Water/Dark
:ultincineroar: Fire/Dark
:ultshiftry: Grass/Dark

Plus we'd finally get a Hoenn Pokémon that isn't Pikachu Libre. It's just logical, really.
I'd unironically be hyped; I love Shiftry. Give me a Fortree City stage.
Pfft obviously it's going to be Cacturne. Maybe Shiftry will get to be an echo fighter if its lucky.
Fortree City is a brilliant stage choice, I approve.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Torterra would actually be neat as a fighter. But Serperior also exists to make me wish it was a Gen V rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To complete that whole Grass/Fire/Water dichotomy with :ultgreninja: & :ultincineroar: if Grovyle/Sceptile can’t
-PTSD-

After being around for both the Sceptile days and the Decidueye days, I never want to see this train of thought ever again.

Especially with Incineroar being used in FAVOR of it after being initially dismissed for being AGAINST it (With Charizard taking the role instead).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just had someone refer to Young Ike as "yike" and I honestly have never wanted to smack someone more.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I hope ICs players are just practicing desyncs and such for big events or something, because they've been virtually nowhere at nationals.

It will only be a month since Ultimate has released tomorrow, but they happen to be the only characters without any notable results, somehow.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope ICs are just practicing desyncs and such for big events or something, because they've been virtually nowhere at nationals.

It will only be a month since Ultimate has released tomorrow, but they happen to be the only characters without any notable results, somehow.
Give people some time to find a way to break the game with them a third time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just had someone refer to Young Ike as "yike" and I honestly have never wanted to smack someone more.
I mean, playing anything that isn't the Guts skin is a yikes in itself.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I get that this thread is centered around SSBU DLC speculation, but man the Smash community is weird
I guess I need to do more RESEARCH, maybe even years worth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom