• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
some stats for Joker, P L A N T, and "Brave" up in this twitter thread

i actually have no idea what this "brave" thing is about anyone care to explain

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am listening to Ultimate music right now. For whatever reason, I cannot stop thinking about an anime Smash and how dope it would be.
Listen to We're Robots
I'd say Roy and Ryu since nintendo literally put their classic victory screens in the ****ing game before they announced them
They got leaked only once though.
Palutena didn't get (legitimately) leaked until ESRB leak
You realize the ESRB leak came after E3, right?

Also, it's not whether they were legit leaked or not but how many times were they leaked or "leaked" even though the general consensus was that they were already in anyways.
Everyone and their mothers thought Palutena would be in, then the fake images popped up, then the statue happened, then Pseudo Palutena and finally Gematsu.
Ken got leaked like five times I dunno, I missed the count.
Erdrick has been hit confirmed by Verge for a long while into the Seven Square List, then the 5chan leak showed up and everyone hopped onto Erdrick and guess what's on the files now?

Double K

Smash Lord

Brave is code name for one of the DLC characters who w are speculating to be Erdrick from Dragon Quest III

Also what the hell, Plant is heavier than Ridley

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You're very very very very very very very very late because we all got this topic said and done.

now you just gonna start another flame war smh

D

Deleted member

Brave is code name for one of the DLC characters who w are speculating to be Erdrick from Dragon Quest III

well "brave" doesn't have a rapid jab, so they might be a swordfighter... :hyperthink:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Basically, there's talks about how "Brave" refers to Erdrick/Hero, or just a Dragon Quest rep in general because of translations and whatnot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not this **** again. vaanrose vaanrose please they'll only listen to reason if you say it.
LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG:drflip:

If you really want me to be super specific, it's kind of like this

hey buddy which one of these do you want
how about goku
ok thx

Basically, there's talks about how "Brave" refers to Erdrick/Hero, or just a Dragon Quest rep in general because of translations and whatnot.
not even gonna mentions the .01% chance of bravely default smh

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
It should be mentioned that unless I'm mistaken, "Yuusha" was exclusively used for Erdrick as a title, but it's generally the catchall term and used as a Job Class that the main characters always have (aside from the Luminary who is... Luminary)

D

Deleted member

Where were the weights stated? That only mentioned speed and I don't think Speed = weight (unless you're talking to Kizaru, but thats something separate).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find the placeholder date for the Fighter Packs humorous.

1/1/2030

Imagine.

Sakurai: Look I've put in a lot of work already. I'm just gonna take a nap, first.
Nintendo: How long?
Sakurai: I think 11 years will be quite fine.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Where were the weights stated? That only mentioned speed and I don't think Speed = weight (unless you're talking to Kizaru, but thats something separate).
There was another post from mizumi that gave the weights of the characters.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So if Erdrick is real.

Doomguy and Steve are real as well.

Oh this is gonna be GOOOOOD!

Double K

Smash Lord
Why would Erdrick be slow though?
The stats of the Hero is usually the second lowest in the party in Dragon Quest, usually behind only the "Big Guy" or the black mage depending on the game

Errr, in regards to speed. He is usually well-rounded and makes up for it with exclusive skills

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That isn't what I'm talking about.

This is "Nintendo made these decisions, I am implementing them"

What I'm talking about is things like how during Bayonetta, Kamiya got into arguments with the CEOs about Bayonetta's glasses and he made this bit of information public
What does that have to do with anything we were talking about though? My argument was that Sakurai doesn't seem shy about saying if Nintendo was involved with a decision or not, not that he was airing dirty laundry or something.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Brave" isn't much of a leak on its own. It's vague enough it could be anyone. The only reason we're so confident it's that DQ guy is because he was pretty much already leaked. If we lived in a world without Verg, there'd be far more debate over who this really referred to. This wasn't really that huge of a goof up on Nintendo's part as "brave" would actually be a very effective codename if we didn't already expect someone in particular.

This is like how people claimed the box theory "leaked" Incineroar. It didn't, all it did was back up Verg's leak. We'd have no way of knowing who that last slot went to otherwise.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So if Erdrick is real.

Doomguy and Steve are real as well.

Oh this is gonna be GOOOOOD!
That's not how it works. There's enough oddities in that leak to cast suspicion on it even if Erdrick is true. It's also not like Erdrick was a super out there pick at the time the leak was posted.

Double K

Smash Lord
What does that have to do with anything we were talking about though? My argument was that Sakurai doesn't seem shy about saying if Nintendo was involved with a decision or not, not that he was airing dirty laundry or something.
Because Sakurai always phrases things in PR Friendly terms.

If someone like Kamiya was the one who said it, he wouldn't have said "Internal Analysis," he'd have been blunt and said exactly what it (usually) means

"CEOs and investors basically told us to do it. We talked about it on the team and worked out a way to get it to work."

Likewise, if Sakurai were handling the Bayonetta glasses thing, he'd phrase things more like

"After much debate with [Higher Ups], we had arrived at the conclusion that Bayonetta's glasses were an element that could be removed. However, we eventually decided that removing them would do a disservice."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

If someone like Kamiya was the one who said it, he wouldn't have said "Internal Analysis," he'd have been blunt and said exactly what it (usually) means

"CEOs and investors basically told us to do it. We talked about it on the team and worked out a way to get it to work."

Likewise, if Sakurai were handling the Bayonetta glasses thing, he'd phrase things more like

"After much debate with [Higher Ups], we had arrived at the conclusion that Bayonetta's glasses were an element that could be removed. However, we eventually decided that removing them would do a disservice."
is it bad that i heard that in Sakurais translated voice?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Just like he didn't this time around :p

Double K

Smash Lord
Just like he didn't this time around :p
So are you intentionally missing the point or actually not getting that I'm trying to say that Sakurai almost certainly was told by Nintendo to put Corrin in and just PR-lingo'd it

Internal Analysis almost always refers to one of three things

1) Marketing (A new product will be released so lets put it on sale)
2) Demographic checks (Statistics show this demographic primarily plays the game)
3) Popularity (Audiences are interested in this thing more than that thing)

If Sakurai actually wanted to put Corrin into Smash from the getgo as DLC, he wouldn't have had to say that it was "Internal Analysis" that lead to the decision

R O F L

Smash Ace
Ok, this is the first I've heard of it, but after reading awhile. Why are y'all so sure that this "Brave" character is Edrick? Brave could mean anyone, it could even be used ironically for a code name of someone who is know to not be brave.

This is the first I've heard of this. What was wrong with Bayo's glasses?

Double K

Smash Lord
Ok, this is the first I've heard of it, but after reading awhile. Why are y'all so sure that this "Brave" character is Edrick? Brave could mean anyone, it could even be used ironically for a code name of someone who is know to not be brave.
Brave is a common translation for "Yusha" which is the general term for "Hero" and in context of video games, usually specifically Dragon Quest-type heroes (otherwise more specific codenames could be used)

This is the first I've heard of this. What was wrong with Bayo's glasses?

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
"My codename is 'Brave'"
"I have a run speed similar to Young Link's"
"I can't wall jump"
"My weight is between Mega Man and Cloud"
"I do not have a rapid jab"
"I have a fall speed similar to Charizard's, but a fast fall speed identical to Falco"

This is like playing a game of Who am I.

Also it's odd that half the cast is slower than a potted plant.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
"My codename is 'Brave'"
"I have a run speed similar to Young Link's"
"I can't wall jump"
"My weight is between Mega Man and Cloud"
"I do not have a rapid jab"
"I have a fall speed similar to Charizard's, but a fast fall speed identical to Falco"

This is like playing a game of Who am I.
You are Big the Cat.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Brave is a common translation for "Yusha" which is the general term for "Hero" and in context of video games, usually specifically Dragon Quest-type heroes (otherwise more specific codenames could be used)

Kamiya is a true chad.

Shroob

Sup?
The fact we have so much detailed info on the first 3 DLC characters really makes me believe that their production started awhile ago,

Plant's certainly did, and if both Joker and "Brave" have this kinda info in the game already, they most assuredly had some sort of very early framework laid out in some form.

D

Deleted member

I'm not surprised at all we are getting Dragon Quest as our second DLC rep, but considering this leaves out the remaining three slots, this still leaves the potential avenue of reps wide open. I'm still expecting Nintendo to play it safe (Monster Hunter and Crash Bandicoot for the 3rd and 4th reps, respectively), although #5 is the unknown. I know people are expecting Microsoft, and that was what I was hoping for, but I'm now leaning towards Elder Scrolls currently at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom