• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Boy Hazardless Luigi's Mansion against Snake.

I think this is one of the few times where the hazard would've actually been better.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
There's also Ghosts 'n Goblins and StarTropics (albeit in the West only) that are cherished NES games.

However Ninja Gaiden is obviously the biggest one and will/should be next. Get Ryu and Contra and the NES library has good lovin.

Double K

Smash Lord
Wait guys what if we have a proper character from a strat/MMO series

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait guys what if we have a proper character from a strat/MMO series

If you want actual MMO, the one you're looking for is MapleStory

So basically you're asking for either a generic MMO character, MMO version of Slime from DQ, or my personal favorite:

Balrog, a pretty well known boss monster archetype.

Double K

Smash Lord
If you want actual MMO, the one you're looking for is MapleStory

So basically you're asking for either a generic MMO character, MMO version of Slime from DQ, or my personal favorite:

Balrog, a pretty well known boss monster archetype.
I-I was making a thrall joke ;-;

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It's a result of basic reading comprehension, not rage. I'm saying this as someone who was actually excited for Corrin.

"After internal analysis we decided that if we’re going to make DLC, we would choose a character from a soon-to-be-released new game" = a marketing-based pick. That's just basic common sense. You're forced to pick a character from an upcoming game? You're doing so to market the character and game. Fates' release timing itself is even mentioned as being ideal.

Corrin wasn't picked on their own merits, Corrin was picked because Nintendo wanted a marketing rep and Fates' release timing was deemed ideal. Sakurai was initially against their inclusion until he was convinced of their moveset potential.
Um...isn't the thing being referenced from Sakurai himself? Where was it stated that "Nintendo" wanted anything there? It sounds like wanting a character from an upcoming game was a decision by the team making the game, including Sakurai. Im not sure why it's being framed as something they were being forced to do.

Also the thing you are quoting actively disagrees with your "not picked on their own merits" argument as it took the team convincing Sakurai to actually OK adding them. Sakurai decided to add them because he was shown their merits outside of being a cross promotion and even was said to have Sakurai be biased against more character inclusion from that series at all to begin with for the DLC.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Um...isn't the thing being referenced from Sakurai himself? Where was it stated that "Nintendo" wanted anything there? It sounds like wanting a character from an upcoming game was a decision by the team making the game, including Sakurai. Im not sure why it's being framed as something they were being forced to do.
Internal Analysis is often PR Friendly code of saying "Higher Ups told us"

Graizen

Smash Champion
So heres a question:

They used japanese codenames for characters , like "packu" for Piranha Plant?

Why are they using "BRAVE" and not the Japanese word?

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
So heres a question:

They used japanese codenames for characters , like "packu" for Piranha Plant?

Why are they using "BRAVE" and not the Japanese word?
Because if you wrote it as YUSHA it'd be way too obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom