• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Let's take a think on what characters were popular last time around and didn't get their chance

From Brawl Times

King K. Rool (The dream won't die, got mii costume)
Ridley (The dream somehow still clings to life against all known medical knowledge)
Krystal (Had the closest fan to hater ratio)
Geno (got a mii costume, more than any of us were expecting)

From 4

Chrom & Chorus Kids (thanks to that leak, At least Chrom got a costume)
Zoroark (alas, the curse of release timing)

Any more?
Isaac was also a strong contender for Brawl and still retained his fanbase for Smash 4.

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
User was warned for this post
What did she do that was so special or notable that is enough to give her spot in smash of all things? I don't think the support Waluigi got from the 3rd party spin-off devs makes him a potential candidate for smash bros, but it was way more than anything Daisy has done. If there's any Mario character who deserves it more tho, it's definitely Toad. He's one of the most iconic npcs in video game history and he should be in before we even think of any other Mario character.

Anyway, should they still keep Daisy? Honestly, no. Why does Peach need a partner anymore? Why does Luigi still need a gf? They haven't done anything with this type of Mario spin-off formula as they don't even bother with partner characters or shippings anymore. So now, she's lost her purpose. You could develop her so that she actually matters in the games she appears in, but why focus on her when there's a bunch of other Mario characters, Nintendo characters, and a bunch of other things to focus on? It feels like they've been dragging her on now, and I think it's time to just drop her and let someone like Pauline replace her. And guys, while Nintendo will recieve some backlash, it won't do anything. MK7 was attacked just because Waluigi wasn't in it, and it was still the best selling non-Pokemon game for the 3DS. Now imagine that happening with a character that way less people care about and she got replaced with Pauline, a character that everyone loved in Odyssey and wants in more games. It won't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think both Waluigi and Daisy have the same importance, moveset potential and all that (Not much IMO).

But Waluigi is more popular so I think he is more likely.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Anyway, should they still keep Daisy? Honestly, no. Why does Peach need a partner anymore? Why does Luigi still need a gf? They haven't done anything with this type of Mario spin-off formula as they don't even bother with partner characters or shippings anymore. So now, she's lost her purpose. You could develop her so that she actually matters in the games she appears in, but why focus on her when there's a bunch of other Mario characters, Nintendo characters, and a bunch of other things to focus on? It feels like they've been dragging her on now, and I think it's time to just drop her and let someone like Pauline replace her. And guys, while Nintendo will recieve some backlash, it won't do anything. MK7 was attacked just because Waluigi wasn't in it, and it was still the best selling non-Pokemon game. Now imagine that happening with a character that way less people care about and she got replaced with Pauline, a character that everyone loved in Odyssey and wants in more games. It won't do anything.
You sound like a blind Daisy hater tbh.

She is just a spin off character, but erasing and forgetting her would be completely ridiculous.

Also, that double post may give you an infraction.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I think the best hope for both Daisy and Waluigi is that they add a tag team feature in smash
Or something involving 2 vs 2 or dual combo attacks

Mario/Luigi, Peach/Daisy, Wario/Waluigi, Bowser/Bowser Jr, Link/Zelda, Fox/Falco etc
I don’t think that’s likely though

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
if we need a 12th Mario-related character then what about someone from Paper Mario? they'd be visually distinct from almost everyone on the roster, if nothing else.
I think paper mario is very possible, there are just a few issues I think
His games not being as popular with his fanbase and would likely be based on those, we would have 3 Mario’s on the roster, and Mr. Game and Watch would lose a bit of uniqueness being the only flat character on the roster.
I wouldn’t mind paper mario at all though

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Trying to remember who was in demand pre-Brawl and post-E3, eh?

Sonic - the top dog after Snake was announced.
Ridley -the support for him was massive, and that is quite telling when back then we had Diddy, Dedede, and such yet to be announced.
Diddy - DK fans rallied hard for his inclusion.
Krystal - fandom at its peak, Wolf had ok numbers too but she overshadowed him due to the "THE STAFF!!!!" shmuck.
Dedede - after Meta Knight, he was highly requested.
Lucario - he was the Pokemon people wanted, although some wanted 'Zard or Blaziken too.
Olimar - Pikmin had two stellar games and was pretty much a guarantee in hindsight.
Mega Man - not as vocal as Sonic's, but definitely present, especially after the hedgehog's announcement.
Isaac - I feel like it was smaller in brawl than sm4sh's, but definitely had vocal support.
Geno - this one was huge. I feel like the hype for him was much bigger in Brawl than nowadays.

King K. Rool never really got going until Diddy's announcement. His support grew much larger for Smash 4.
Waluigi was desired by some, but had a strong hate base back then. Memes helped him now.
Little Mac was the retro pick people wanted the most back then. I wouldn;t say his support was "massive", but definitely noted.
Tom Nook was essentially the defacto Animal Crossing rep for the majority.

That was fun remembering the easier days.

Last edited:

TheMagic1

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwagAlt
You sound like a blind Daisy hater tbh.

She is just a spin off character, but erasing and forgetting her would be completely ridiculous.

Also, that double post may give you an infraction.
So because I only said that it's not worth it to focus on her anymore and that I think that they're better off dropping her, that makes be a blind Daisy hater. I never said that Daisy is bad, I just said that she's irrelevant and that there's better things to focus on. I insulted her fans because they were being a bunch of "you-know-whats" in the comment section, calling all of the people who disagree with them haters when that was never the case to begin with, and then they proceed to call them delusional when all they did was debunk their points. Seriously dude?

Also, what's so bad about removing her?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Trying to remember who was in demand pre-Brawl and post-E3, eh?

Sonic - the top dog after Snake was announced.
Ridley -the support for him was massive, and that is quite telling when back then we had Diddy, Dedede, and such yet to be announced.
Diddy - DK fans rallied hard for his inclusion.
Krystal - fandom at its peak, Wolf had ok numbers too but she overshadowed him due to the "THE STAFF!!!!" shmuck.
Dedede - after Meta Knight, he was highly requested.
Lucario - he was the Pokemon people wanted, although some wanted 'Zard or Blaziken too.
Olimar - Pikmin had two stellar games and was pretty much a guarantee in hindsight.
Mega Man - not as vocal as Sonic's, but definitely present, especially after the hedgehog's announcement.
Isaac - I feel like it was smaller in brawl than sm4sh's, but definitely had vocal support.

King K. Rool never really got going until Diddy's announcement. His support grew much larger for Smash 4.
Waluigi was desired by some, but had a strong hate base back then. Memes helped him now.
Little Mac was the retro pick people wanted the most back then. I wouldn;t say his support was "massive", but definitely noted.
Tom Nook was essentially the defacto Animal Crossing rep for the majority.

That was fun remembering the easier days.
I remember creeping hard core on the threads though days. Brawl was my favorite era as I got a ton of characters I wanted even if it wasn't my top choices.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I remember creeping hard core on the threads though days. Brawl was my favorite era as I got a ton of characters I wanted even if it wasn't my top choices.
I even remember the popular theorized cuts: practically every clone since people loved to quote "no clones!" that Sakurai supposedly said but I don't remember if he actually did or not. Ganondorf was often spared due to possibly being reworked.

Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were both characters people wanted to see canned so hard that they actually started to believe it.

I saw people saying Marth because...I don't even know why? I think it was Roy apologists trying to justify cutting him for some reason. People often screamed "yeah but a NEW LORD?" too.

and obviously Jigglypuff because that is practically a meme to cut her.

edit: and Ness due to how Sakurai worded a paragraph in Lucas' announcement day.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So because I only said that it's not worth it to focus on her anymore and that I think that they're better off dropping her, that makes be a blind Daisy hater. I never said that Daisy is bad, I just said that she's irrelevant and that there's better things to focus on. I insulted her fans because they were being a bunch of ******** in the comment section, calling all of the people who disagree with them haters when that was never the case to begin with, and then they proceed to call them delusional when all they did was debunk their points. Seriously dude?
I mean, it's not hard to think that when you come here and write walls of texts about how Daisy is irrelevant and should be deleted, even when there are a lot of Mario spin off characters that are in her situation, including Waluigi.

Then also generalize her fanbase thanks to crazy Daisy fans like memoryman.

I don't know, I think you are just exaggerating.

Your post kinda reminded me of a classic gamefaqs topic, a place where hating Daisy is basically a meme.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
So because I only said that it's not worth it to focus on her anymore and that I think that they're better off dropping her, that makes be a blind Daisy hater. I never said that Daisy is bad, I just said that she's irrelevant and that there's better things to focus on. I insulted her fans because they were being a bunch of "you-know-whats" in the comment section, calling all of the people who disagree with them haters when that was never the case to begin with, and then they proceed to call them delusional when all they did was debunk their points. Seriously dude?

Also, what's so bad about removing her?
I don't think he's saying you're a Daisy hater because you disagree with her fans, but because you seem so adamant about her never even getting near smash, and now are saying Nintendo would be better off just getting rid of her completely. Yes there are crazy Daisy fans, there are crazy fans for every character, does that mean we should just get rid of every character with crazy fans? No, of course not.

You say they should replace Daisy with Pauline because it seems like they're just dragging Daisy along. Of course you might see it that way because you obviously have a negative perception of Daisy. I don't feel like they're dragging her along, and I'm indifferent to her at best. And why replace her with Pauline, who only made an appearance in a mainline Mario title again last year?

And the thing that's bad about removing her is that, while you may not see it, she does have a lot of fans. It doesn't matter if she's irrelevant or not, they're spin-off games. Relevancy shouldn't matter in spin-offs.

blackghost

Smash Champion
finally caught up.

rex v. pyra is an interesting discussion but from what i can follow does rex truly separate himself from shulk? moveset wise?im not entirely sure. elma seems a more clear separation. that is very relevant see chrom.
as for waluigi v. daisy. i dont expect either one at this point and it is still ridiculous to compare either to rosalina inclusion in 4 becuase rosalina was in multiple Mario mainline games. waluigi and daisy are side/party/sports game fodder filler. Every chaarcter in smash has either appeared in a mainline title or has thier own. yes patterns are only good as long as they are maintained but we are 4 games in unlike th eother "fanmade rules" (nintendo all stars only, no third party, limit on reps per franchise) this one hasn;t eroded or changed over time.
Waluigi and daisy each have the same problem: they aren't deemed worthy by nintendo to be put in mario games. Even ubisoft when making rabbids left them out of even being imitated.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I even remember the popular theorized cuts: practically every clone since people loved to quote "no clones!" that Sakurai supposedly said but I don't remember if he actually did or not. Ganondorf was often spared due to possibly being reworked.

Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were both characters people wanted to see canned so hard that they actually started to believe it.

I saw people saying Marth because...I don't even know why? I think it was Roy apologists trying to justify cutting him for some reason. People often screamed "yeah but a NEW LORD?" too.

and obviously Jigglypuff because that is practically a meme to cut her.

edit: and Ness due to how Sakurai worded a paragraph in Lucas' announcement day.
I definitely remember people saying the Ice Climbers were going to get cut. I even remember everyone at school saying that too. I also remember the no clones thing but I could never actually find the source on that. I remember an article about how they were going to add Toon Link, Ridley, and I remove Ice Climbers but they never had any reason to say why.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Recently, I've been thinking up some additional adventure mode stages that could be considered. This time, for the Kirby series. I'll bring up at least one idea right now.

Green Greens
A platformer-styled stage, featuring various Kirby enemies, such as Waddle Dees, Bronto Burts, and Waddle Doos. As the player advances through the stage, he/she will have to get past the Kirby team, and the difficulty route chosen will affect how many Kirbys the player has to face; 10 for Easy; 15 for Normal; 20 for Hard. Also, every Kirby would utilize an ability that he copied from another fighter, except for the final Kirby, which would be 1.7x larger than the others.

Eventually, the player will reach the forest area of the stage, and the various Kirby enemies encountered will increase as well. New enemies include Poppy Bros. Jr., Scarfy, Grizzo, Gordo, and Sir Kibble.

At the very end of the forest area is a boss battle against Whispy Woods. The intensity and difficulty route chosen affects which Whispy Woods variant is fought. The variants include the standard Whispy Woods, Whispy Woods EX, and Yggy Woods.

On the lower intensity levels and easier routes, the player fights the standard Whispy Woods, who mostly drops apples that can be eaten by certain fighters to heal damage, and spits air pellets. Upon losing half of his health, however, Whispy Woods will try to inhale the player into himself, dealing damage before spitting the player out.

If Whispy Woods EX is fought, he will not only drop apples that can still heal upon eating, but also Gordos that can deal moderate shield damage. Additionally, Whispy Woods EX can create root spikes near him, spits larger air pellets, and can also spit out small whirlwinds that deliver multiple hits to the player. When Whispy Woods EX loses half of his health, he too will try to inhale players, but he'll deal greater damage upon capturing a player.

If Yggy Woods is fought, he'll be even stronger than Whispy Woods EX. Unlike Whispy Woods and Whispy Woods EX, Yggy Woods drops Blados and poisonous cherries that will harm fighters who try to eat them. The Blados are extremely dangerous to shields, as they can easily shatter all but a full shield, or perfect shield. Additionally, Yggy Woods's root spikes cover an even greater distance than with Whispy Woods EX's root spikes, so even if the player isn't near Yggy Woods, he/she is still not safe. The air pellets that Yggy Woods spits out also deal greater shield damage, while his whirlwinds hit more frequently than Whispy Woods EX's whirlwinds. Upon losing half of his health, Yggy Woods will not only try to inhale players to deal high amounts of damage, but he'll also attempt to rain down a barrage of poisonous cherries and Blados.

The table below determines which Whispy Woods variant would be fought.

Boss | Route | Intensity
Whispy Woods | All Routes | 0.0 - 2.9
Whispy Woods | Easy & Normal | 3.0 - 3.9
Whispy Woods EX | Hard | 3.0 - 3.9
Whispy Woods | Easy | 4.0 - 4.9
Whispy Woods EX | Normal & Hard | 4.0 - 4.9
Whispy Woods EX | Easy & Normal | 5.0 - 6.9
Yggy Woods| Hard | 5.0 - 6.9
Whispy Woods EX | Easy | 7.0 - 7.9
Yggy Woods| Normal & Hard | 7.0 - 7.9
Yggy Woods| All Routes | 8.0 - 9.0

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Here's a personal prediction roster I made. This is by no means a "put all my money on it" kind of thing, but more educated guesses. I really don't care what newcomers make it in the end, as long as they're fun to play. Anyway, here we go:

• All veterans return (I think it'll be based off Smash 3DS / Wii U, with most if not all of them remaining mostly the same, give or take a few reworks like Link and Zelda)
  • Three new returning vets: Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Solid Snake. I think this time around, Konami might actually play nice w/ Nintendo.
Newcomers:

Ones that are relevant to when Sakurai would've chosen characters:
  • Captain Toad (3D World / Treasure Tracker)
  • Dixie Kong (Tropical Freeze)
  • Skull Kid (Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby & the Rainbow Curse)
  • Isabelle (The various AC titles released in 2015 / 2016)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
  • Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo Zip Lash)
  • Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven Megamix)
  • Elma (Xenoblade X)
  • Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
Popularity in and out of Smash:
  • Ashley
  • Skull Kid
  • Ridley
  • Isabelle
DLC Fighters:
  • Spring Man
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Shovel Knight
  • Bomberman
  • Geno
Various Notes:
  • Rayman / Shovel Knight are interchangeable as to who's on base roster, but I personally think they'd save Shovel Knight for DLC.
  • Bomberman could be swapped for Simon Belmont, I think both are just as likely.
  • Chorus Kids could be any Rhythm Heaven fighter, I think Chorus Kids would be Sakurai's choice, however.
  • I don't think ARMS / Xenoblade 2 content will make it into the base game, but I do think Spring Man and Rex & Pyra will be the first fighters chosen for DLC.
  • Excite Biker as the "legacy" character makes a lot of sense to me. I do not think Takamaru is as likely as people say he is, and Balloon Fighter I'm 50/50 on.
  • There's a bit of personal bias for Ashley / Skull Kid / Geno, I won't lie there. I think they still have merits and reasons they could be in, though.
  • This is incredibly safe, and I'd personally love to be proven wrong by some random-ass characters or fan-favorites coming out of left-field. This is just what I think could happen.
  • I did not account for last-minute additions like the clones in Melee / Smash 4, or cuts from time constraints, or any silly stuff like that.

If anyone wants a more in-depth explanation as to why I included / omitted characters, I'd be happy to oblige.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace

Here's a personal prediction roster I made. This is by no means a "put all my money on it" kind of thing, but more educated guesses. I really don't care what newcomers make it in the end, as long as they're fun to play. Anyway, here we go:

• All veterans return (I think it'll be based off Smash 3DS / Wii U, with most if not all of them remaining mostly the same, give or take a few reworks like Link and Zelda)
  • Three new returning vets: Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Solid Snake. I think this time around, Konami might actually play nice w/ Nintendo.
Newcomers:

Ones that are relevant to when Sakurai would've chosen characters:
  • Captain Toad (3D World / Treasure Tracker)
  • Dixie Kong (Tropical Freeze)
  • Skull Kid (Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby & the Rainbow Curse)
  • Isabelle (The various AC titles released in 2015 / 2016)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
  • Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo Zip Lash)
  • Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven Megamix)
  • Elma (Xenoblade X)
  • Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
Popularity in and out of Smash:
  • Ashley
  • Skull Kid
  • Ridley
  • Isabelle
DLC Fighters:
  • Spring Man
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Shovel Knight
  • Bomberman
  • Geno
Various Notes:
  • Rayman / Shovel Knight are interchangeable as to who's on base roster, but I personally think they'd save Shovel Knight for DLC.
  • Bomberman could be swapped for Simon Belmont, I think both are just as likely.
  • Chorus Kids could be any Rhythm Heaven fighter, I think Chorus Kids would be Sakurai's choice, however.
  • I don't think ARMS / Xenoblade 2 content will make it into the base game, but I do think Spring Man and Rex & Pyra will be the first fighters chosen for DLC.
  • Excite Biker as the "legacy" character makes a lot of sense to me. I do not think Takamaru is as likely as people say he is, and Balloon Fighter I'm 50/50 on.
  • There's a bit of personal bias for Ashley / Skull Kid / Geno, I won't lie there. I think they still have merits and reasons they could be in, though.
  • This is incredibly safe, and I'd personally love to be proven wrong by some random-*** characters or fan-favorites coming out of left-field. This is just what I think could happen.
  • I did not account for last-minute additions like the clones in Melee / Smash 4, or cuts from time constraints, or any silly stuff like that.

If anyone wants a more in-depth explanation as to why I included / omitted characters, I'd be happy to oblige.
I would be happy with this roster but I would replace skull kid with Impa.
Skull kid is kind of boring moveset wise imo, even in hyrule warriors. And Impa has made many more appearences in games throughout the series. Considering breath of the wild’s focus on sheikah I think she’s likely.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I don't know why people assume all the clones will return. I know not cutting is the new popular thing to do but it's getting to be a bit strange. Why not think of new clone ideas for speculation (cause they seem inevitable) instead of rehashing the old ones.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I don't know why people assume all the clones will return. I know not cutting is the new popular thing to do but it's getting to be a bit strange. Why not think of new clone ideas for speculation (cause they seem inevitable) instead of rehashing the old ones.
Because they’re easy to implement and can be decloned to have a more unique character as a result
Give Dark Pit his staff or other uprising weapons, Give Lucina different move animations, etc

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
One or two of them probably wont return, but the Smash 4 clones are so lazy it cant take much time to bring them back. I also expect new clones, like Yarn Yoshi (Featherweight version of Yoshi) and Octoling.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At the same time, considering Gaiden/SoV's Magic system is unlike anything else in the series, Celica should absolutely incorporate it into her moves. Her moves would be incredibly powerful, but also do recoil damage. She can do smaller attacks that aren't as powerful for the benefit of not doing as much recoil. A high risk, high reward character, unlike Pichu who just amounted to a worse Pikachu.

It could be really fun.
The way you describe the health gimmick kind of reminds me of Carmine from Under Night In Birth. His gimmick is that he has very potent specials, in particular being able to cover a lot of range and useful for pressure and okizeme, but every time he uses a special a small amount of HP is sacrificed. This means that while the character can easily pressure the opponent, he can also quickly die too if poorly using his tools, especially since he lacks reversal options.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing that amuses me about how people counter the Mario spin-offs is two things:

What the hell is WarioWare and Yoshi? Spin-offs of Mario. They're the most notable spin-off characters in the traditional sense hence why they were graced with their own symbol and not given the Power Up mushroom as their series symbol.

Everyone seems to forget just how big of a deal a Mario sports spin-off is. They sell more and get more public attention for Nintendo than stuff that people clamor for more of like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem and just all the ''MORE SWORDSMEN!" stuff.

Seriously to see someone whine about how Isaac has been skipped over multiple times then forget his franchise wishes it had Mario sports sucess is kinda of ironic. Specially considering Camelot spends so much of their time making Mario Sports spin-offs now-a-days.

Like even taking out Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, or the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Games all of which are consistently popular for Nintendo (and Sega).

You get the sheer fact that Mario Kart alone is just HUGE. It alone is worthy of having more than some simple stage rep. You might go ''Well, everyone Mario has is playable in those games."

Yes, but none of them save Peach have anything representing some of Nintendo's best selling games. And certainly none of them whip out a go kart and ride it.

And don't get me started on Mario Party. That's another iconic Mario spin-off EVERY gamer both hardcore and casual knows.

The Mario sports spin-offs and in turn Mario Party as well even trump already represent Yoshi and WarioWare as successful spin-offs of Mario.

So when people want Waluigi or Daisy. It's not just some clamoring for some person you call an irrelevant character. It's people wanting some of the most popular Nintendo games in general to have a playable representative.

After all if Mario Kart and Mario Party aren't Nintendo series worthy of a little recognization as fostering all stars and all stars sales for Nintendo. Then we need to seriously re-think Smash Brothers all together.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The way you describe the health gimmick kind of reminds me of Carmine from Under Night In Birth. His gimmick is that he has very potent specials, in particular being able to cover a lot of range and useful for pressure and okizeme, but every time he uses a special a small amount of HP is sacrificed. This means that while the character can easily pressure the opponent, he can also quickly die too if poorly using his tools, especially since he lacks reversal options.
This is exactly how I'd like to see Celica implemented, clone or not.

A while back people mentioned several healing characters along with Celica and I was wondering what people thought of a character that had a healing gimmick. I know Wii Fit Trainer sort of has that, kind of unfamiliar how it works.
One of the balanced ways I thought of doing it is if Isabelle gets in, give her Assit Trophy ability as her Down B. This way she can summon fruit to heal herself or allies, and it can even back fire if an enemy takes it instead.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Ganondorf hasn't been fully decloned due to fear of alienating players, I doubt Lucina and Dark Pit would get any drastic changes that people commonly suggests.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
If Ganondorf hasn't been fully decloned due to fear of alienating players, I doubt Lucina and Dark Pit would get any drastic changes that people commonly suggests.
Even Fox -> Falco type differences are enough to make a clone feel unique
Ganondorf is a different story all together, since him being a clone from a different series is the issue people have

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ganondorf is another issue in itself, but the ironic thing with Lucina though is that her moveset being based on Marth's is technically out of character. She learned her fighting skills from Chrom, who is shown to have a more "fierce" fighting style that emphasizes powerful swings, unlike Marth who's more based on stabbing and generally more graceful movement. This is even reflected in Fire Emblem Warriors where Lucina's moveset is based on Chrom's, not Marth's.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So am I the only one that finds it funny that people think it’s more likely for Link to get a revamped moveset than Ganondorf?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if you cut Daisy out of Mario all together. That's just sad. There's fundamentally nothing wrong with her as a character.

Her fans can be....over zealous, true. But even if she's just regulated to the spin-offs now. She represents a party of Mario's long storied history. She's similar to Geno in a way. She hasn't been in more than one game that one might consider ''mattering." but she's present for said game and to just say ''Hey let's get rid of her all together" is equal to if they did the same thing to Pauline or Rosalina.

Daisy's game might not be as revered or acclaimed as the original DK or Odyssey or even the Galaxy series but it's a part of Mario's history and just to see someone suggest we remove her from Nintendo all together is kind of pathetic and sad and comes across as being mean for the sake of just being mean.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
So am I the only one that finds it funny that people think it’s more likely for Link to get a revamped moveset than Ganondorf?
I hope all 3 of them do
At the very least give us Ganon if you’re going to keep Ganondorf the same

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seriously to see someone whine about how Isaac has been skipped over multiple times then forget his franchise wishes it had Mario sports sucess is kinda of ironic
It did have success on par with Mario sports titles. Not stuff like Mario Kart, of course, but definitely a lot of the Camelot-developed Mario spinoffs.

Golden Sun 1 sold ~1.65 million copies and Golden Sun 2 ~1.12 million. These numbers were on par with or even greater than Mario Tennis GB (~1.18 million), Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (~1.27 million), Mario Golf 64 (~1.47 million), Mario Golf: Advance Tours (which isn't listed as a million seller anywhere) and Mario Tennis: Power Tour (same situation as Advance Tours). It's not that it never had success or popularity on par with many of Camelot-developed Mario Sports title, it's just that it lost popularity due to the lack of success it had with Dark Dawn which caused the franchise to remain inactive to this day.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It did have success on par with Mario sports titles. Not stuff like Mario Kart, of course, but definitely a lot of the Camelot-developed Mario spinoffs.

Golden Sun 1 sold ~1.65 million copies and Golden Sun 2 ~1.12 million. These numbers were on par with or even greater than Mario Tennis GB (~1.18 million), Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (~1.27 million), Mario Golf 64 (~1.47 million), Mario Golf: Advance Tours (which isn't listed as a million seller anywhere) and Mario Tennis: Power Tour (same situation as Advance Tours). It's not that it never had success or popularity on par with many of Camelot-developed Mario Sports title, it's just that it lost popularity due to the lack of success it had with Dark Dawn which caused the franchise to remain inactive to this day.
And yet you proved my point. People lost interest.

Thus it wish it could have the longevity of the Camelot sports spin-offs. But okay then.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i know, and why should it change? he didn't get a total overhaul when they updated him to the Twilight Princess design, why should he be so different now that they're upgrading to BotW? 'cause there's no Clawshot in that game? giving Link a toy from a different version of himself wouldn't come close to being the biggest liberty they've ever taken with character moves. leave Link alone and touch up a moveset that really needs the help.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
i know, and why should it change? he didn't get a total overhaul when they updated him to the Twilight Princess design, why should he be so different now that they're upgrading to BotW? 'cause there's no Clawshot in that game? giving Link a toy from a different version of himself wouldn't come close to being the biggest liberty they've ever taken with character moves. leave Link alone and touch up a moveset that really needs the help.
Because ocarina -> twilight wasn’t a radical change in direction for the series, and Link had all those same moves
With breath of the wild so much has changed especially with combat and items that having Link just have the same moveset would be a waste. Another character like toon link or classic link can represent that classic link moveset while botw link does something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom