• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Isn't it awesome when everything and everyone you thought you knew start unraveling around you and revealing things you probably should never have known about, scarring you emotionally and leaving you unsure and in a situation where all you can do is work towards college and hope you're smart enough to end up somewhere better just so you can escape it all?
That sounds like you are distressed. We are here for ya if you need anything.

D

Deleted member

Good thing Waluigi is never joining Smash.
The day he does is the day I will personally torment you over it with all the **** you've given him just for existing. :V

So yes, better pray he doesn't. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So apparently I keep winning with Mac on Elite Smash and I'm all the more surprised.

also i have to stop using the SNES skin because now everyone wants to be cool and use it
i guess we america mac gang now

Untitled.png

you thought mario was the only one to have that bad boy?

D

Deleted member

I obviously meant they played it competitively.
Isn’t Armada actually taking ultimate seriously and playing it competitively? Most of the big Melee players seem to be rather enjoying ultimate anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Who’s Armada?
Big Melee guy, one of the 5 Gods. Arguably the best Melee player of all time. Actually stopped competing in Melee earlier this year, but is enjoying Ultimate and is planning to compete in it. For reference, he didn’t compete in smash 4.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Big Melee guy, one of the 5 Gods. Arguably the best Melee player of all time. Actually stopped competing in Melee earlier this year, but is enjoying Ultimate and is planning to compete in it. For reference, he didn’t compete in smash 4.
Ugh... 5 gods? How more lame could they get.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
why did yoshi eat his own face tho
Because if I go by the commercial, apparently it made him into a sun god :yoshi:

As long as it's not that one Yoshi's Island commercial.

You know the one.
Say no more. I understand

But I will post the one that kinda influenced me as a kid...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ugh... 5 gods? How more lame could they get.
They were dominant for so long. It was a short way to describe what they were to the scene.

Then PPMD had personal issues dating back to four years ago and is still AWOL, Armada retired, and Leffen/Plup/possibly Zain(?) were capable of doing very well consistent and tournament and win.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I really wish you could just use the 30 second record button for this game there are so many sick plays that I wanna share but i don't wanna go through all the hullabaloo of getting my micro sd out and **** no im not lazy i just dont have much time ok im pretty lazy
That reminds me. Has anyone noticed any noticeable difference between the two options of "Pretty" and "Normal"? The descriptions mention quality and duration, but I haven't really seen it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because if I go by the commercial, apparently it made him into a sun god :yoshi:

Say no more. I understand

But I will post the one that kinda influenced me as a kid...

Nice job trashing that woman's car, Yoshi. It's not like she payed for it or anything.

It's a cute commercial though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I understand the issues with adding too many Pokemon and it's clear GF is avoiding having too many of them nowadays. It's a completely valid sentiment and I appreciate the quality over quantity they've been going with(as much as I like Unova, did we really need **** like Basculin, Heatmor or Durant?)

And Masuda is stepping down as the director so who knows what direction will the new Pokemon go(heh, get it). I'm not too into jerkish rivals for the sake of being jerks though, Silve and Blue are greatly written characters imo but so are Hau, Wally and Cheren.
I'm not too concerned about jerk rivals either, but I do understand why people want them.

The idea is that the character aggravates you into wanting to defeat them, the negativity also makes them more memorable. If leaving too strong a negative impression is too big an issue, this is what I suggest:
Okay, so: you have two rivals, one is a Blue-type (the Jerk), and the other is a Brendan/May-type (the Friend).
Jerk: Hah, you two dweebs will never surpass me. I'll be the best Pokémon Trainer ever, and you can watch from the bleachers and bask in my glory when it happens. Hahahaha! *walks off*
Friend: ...Man, he's really into it, isn't he? What a jerk. ... ...Well, there's only one thing to do. We prove him wrong and beat him at his own game!

With this kind of interaction, you direct the player into the correct response to the Jerk's words and actions; diminishing the "harmful" effect.
Isn't it awesome when everything and everyone you thought you knew start unraveling around you and revealing things you probably should never have known about, scarring you emotionally and leaving you unsure and in a situation where all you can do is work towards college and hope you're smart enough to end up somewhere better just so you can escape it all?
Hope things work out for you, Noi.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Teabagging is a valid strategy to make your opponent do dumb mistakes and if ya'll get pissed off by it, it means it's working :^)
Yeah, but that's what taunts are for anyway. They were more varied and fun at that. Teabagging is just so mundane with every character doing it. Taunts helped spice it up and made things more fun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just find it funny how despite you being so quick to pass judgment on competitive Melee players, you didn't know who Armada was...
I’ve watched a lot more competitive melee than you think I have. I don’t enjoy it so why would I know or care who any of the best players are?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
How did I not know this existed? This is hilarious!

That shrug at the end is perfect.
It made me realize that being "cute" wasn't the only thing going for the dinosaur at the time...

I asked for a Game Boy Advance and that game for that Christmas. I didn't have a Nintendo console at the time, as I was a PlayStation kid. Wind Waker got me to get a Gamecube later...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
How did I not know this existed? This is hilarious!

That shrug at the end is perfect.
xD You know, it makes more sense that Yoshi got sued by this woman because of the damaged property and hasn't shown in court, making him target of the police rather than the "tax fraud".

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
xD You know, it makes more sense that Yoshi got sued by this woman because of the damaged property and hasn't shown in court, making him target of the police rather then the "tax fraud".
he did both and hasn't atoned for either

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but that's what taunts are for anyway. They were more varied and fun at that. Teabagging is just so mundane with every character doing it. Taunts helped spice it up and made things more fun.
I mean, I agree but if I can't taunt, repeatedly crouching is all I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom