• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So considering I'm certain everyone's unlocked every character. Who was the last character y'all unlocked? For me it was :ultpalutena:.
I actually can't remember. I know Mewtwo was one of the last characters I unlocked, but I can't remember if he was the last character I got.

I unlocked Palutena pretty late as well.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So considering I'm certain everyone's unlocked every character. Who was the last character y'all unlocked? For me it was :ultpalutena:.
Last character I unlocked via NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING: :ultcloud:
Last character found in World of Light: :ultsnake:

Last character I cleared Classic to clear Classic with everyone (or character I so badly really never wanted to ever get to and put off for as long as I could until I cleared Classic with everyone else and had only the one character left, so let's just get it over with): :ultisabelle:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cloud.

I will follow you on your crusade to destroy health!!!

Been doing it for 27 years now :yoshi:
I'll join you, and then feel really bad because I could use some healthy food and exercise.

I've eaten pizza and chinese weekly for the past month. I thank the stars every day that i've somehow not gotten fat.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Cloud.

I'll join you, and then feel really bad because I could use some healthy food and exercise.

I've eaten pizza and chinese weekly for the past month. I thank the stars every day that i've somehow not gotten fat.
Only because you reminded me.

An interesting reason why Cloud appears to have less range on his n-air.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heh never realized until now but may as well do a match between my first unlock :ultkrool:and last unlock:ultpalutena:.

Already I've done a few matches like :ultbowser:vs.:ultbowserjr:vs.:ultganondorf:vs.:ultkingdedede:vs.:ultkrool:vs.:ultmewtwo:vs.:ultridley:vs.:ultwolf:

:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:vs.:ultmario::ultlink::ultdk::ultsamus:

:ultkrool::ultridley:(Big Pirates) vs.:ultrosalina::ultlucas:(Mother & Son) vs.:ultryu::ultlucario:(Master and Companion) vs. :ultike::ultshulk:(God Slaying Mortals)

This is the great thing about Ultimate. You can come up with as many ideal matches as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I seriously hate World of Light and I love it.

It's so dumb and stupid and hard and I love it.

D

Deleted member

Remember when rage comics were like, the only source of humour on the internet? Dark times. Thankfully, no vestiges of that age remain in today's modern world.
:troll:
Ah ****
Rage comics are still all the rage among the 40-60 conservative housewives/single mothers on Facebook and Twitter, sadly.
Source: My own mom. Love her to bits, but she needs to step up her meme game.
I seriously hate World of Light and I love it.

It's so dumb and stupid and hard and I love it.
Some parts of WoL were bull**** enough to make me reconsider even playing it. I still enjoyed it, but the only reason I would play it again is because it's holding the menu music hostage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's one of my Smash headcanons. Lucario is Ryu's pet and companion who both runs their own dojo especially to train children. :ultken:and:ultincineroar:also runs it alongside them.
An idea I haven’t got off the ground yet is to make all the Smash fighters into Pokémon trainers (aside from the Pokémon fighters of course) designing their outfits and setting up their teams. I haven’t gotten far but I’d like to try some day to complete it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An idea I haven’t got off the ground yet is to make all the Smash fighters into Pokémon trainers (aside from the Pokémon fighters of course) designing their outfits and setting up their teams. I haven’t gotten far but I’d like to try some day to complete it
I wonder what Pokemon my boi :ultkrool:would have.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My headcanons are limited in Smash, for good reason

Also I'm very close to 10,000 posts
You should do more headcanons about Yoshi with other fighters.

Also, if your 10,000th post isn't just ":yoshi:", I'm going to be disappointed.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You should do more headcanons about Yoshi with other fighters.

Also, if your 10,000th post isn't just ":yoshi:", I'm going to be disappointed.
I thought about that, but the problem is that that would count as a media-only post so... *shrug*

Also my headcanon is that Yoshi manages to be friends with everyone, even the villains... :yoshi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some parts of WoL were bull**** enough to make me reconsider even playing it. I still enjoyed it, but the only reason I would play it again is because it's holding the menu music hostage.
I'd easily replay it, but probably not on hard mode again.

It's even harder as Inkling; all these 1V4s are making it impossible to refill ink or set up any combos. TBH I know full well I could make life easier by playing as Bowser with Unflinching Smash Attacks, but eh, I'm stubborn; I wanna do the hard stuff with Inkling if I can. :p

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Well, you say Goemon, that's a total win in my book. I couldn't say Goemon because he's my ultimate wish.
I know of Harvest Moon of course but never played a game before. I didn't know his name was Jack. Well that fits. Long history, popular.. why not. It was Natsumi, right? More 3rd party the better.
Hmm, I have to edit my original post.. so not to include spirits. Playing through WoL I came to conclude that they do refute characters. Mallo and Captain Syrup both are available as spirits, with their own challenges too.
Crash and Spyro are having some high requests recently. Trilogies helped definitely, and since Persona had an entry, it's no longer an excuse being alive on Sony grounds anymore. Their shot just got a bit higher with that. But I'll say, aren't they kinda expected or talked about. I'm looking for something kinda hidden. I mean, like no one saw Persona coming.
Well, I guess you can tell that most of your top wants can't make it (some did already). I think Banjo stands where Geno does, it's a tough position.
Personally, I think a DQ rep is inevitable. Whether Erdrick or Slime. There're just so many things pointing towards that.
Since I haven't played any. I get those mixed a lot. Digimon and Monster Rancher :p
I know Spyro doesn't really fit the spirit of your question, but I feel like he is so wholly overshadowed by Crash in terms of discussion related to Smash that I'd throw him a bone.

And yeah I'm fully aware that my most wanted characters are largely not happening. Isaac and Bomberman being being assists and whatnot. I'm inclined to agree that spirits likely won't be in DLC round 1 but I remain unconvinced both that they will stop at 5 DLC fighters at all and that spirits will have any bearing beyond the initial round of DLC, assuming we get more. Either way though I don't know anything, I'm just hoping really.

Banjo I do think has a very decent chance to make it in the game with this inital round of DLC though, so here's hoping I guess!

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I’m realizing now that I would have liked this game a lot more if I had never played the World of Light part of it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heh never realized until now but may as well do a match between my first unlock :ultkrool:and last unlock:ultpalutena:.

Already I've done a few matches like :ultbowser:vs.:ultbowserjr:vs.:ultganondorf:vs.:ultkingdedede:vs.:ultkrool:vs.:ultmewtwo:vs.:ultridley:vs.:ultwolf:

:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:vs.:ultmario::ultlink::ultkrool::ultridley:

:ultkrool::ultridley:(Big Pirates) vs.:ultrosalina::ultlucas:(Mother & Son) vs.:ultryu::ultlucario:(Master and Companion) vs. :ultike::ultshulk:(God Slaying Mortals)

This is the great thing about Ultimate. You can come up with as many ideal matches as possible.
:ultpit::ultrichter::ultdaisy::ultness: (Peace Sign Cult/Gang)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Literally one day left until 2019.

I'm ready to leave this crappy year behind, and hope 2019 has some brighter days.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peace signs in Smash huh?

Oh lookit what my boi does...
Tax Fraud committing keeps him out of the cult. Yoshi needs to get his act straight...Boshi can join though...a real honest person

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I'm ready to leave this crappy year behind, and hope 2019 has some brighter days.
Y'know I'm gettin' real tired of you constantly calling him your "boi".

I demande some custody papers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Next year is especially exciting for movies for me as I have Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, It: Chapter Two, etc. :grin:

Granted this year was fun in terms of monster movies like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Meg, Rampage and The Ritual all whom I enjoyed and helped my patience for Godzilla.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Maybe you and Zinith Zinith are the same person, and y’all don’t even know it yet
We gotta test it.

Zinith Zinith what's your opinion on How to Train your Dragon and Pokemon? Do you think redheads are cute? Have you ever wanted to make cartoons?

Next year is especially exciting for movies for me as I have Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, It: Chapter Two, etc. :grin:

Granted this year was fun in terms of monster movies like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Meg, Rampage and The Ritual all whom I enjoyed and helped my patience for Godzilla.
How to Train your Dragon 3, Detective Pikachu, Lego Movie 2, Sonic...I've got a lot of things to watch next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom