• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Literally one day left until 2019.

I'm ready to leave this crappy year behind, and hope 2019 has some brighter days.
Same here, really. Aside from learning some valuable life lessons, this year has been an emotional mess for me. Every time I'd try to make something positive out of it, it managed to get worse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funny enough, even though I do have some issues with WoL, I actually like it a lot more than SSE. The map design is gorgeous, and some of the references in here are unreal in how fan service filled they are. The nichest of the niche got featured in this mode, and I love that. Plus, all of the fights are incredibly creative, and minus some of the more sadistic ones, are all pretty fun.

I say WoL is a solid mode, and is a lot better than I thought it'd be. SSE was great, but having played halfway through it this year the nostalgia goggles did come off a bit and I saw some of the flaws there for sure. All in all, I think WoL is a better campaign mode for a game like Smash.

Besides, I played the 8-Ball stages in Octo Expansion and actually liked them; super difficult things just seem to be my thing lately, lol.

EDIT: My device's autocorrect turned "octo" into "October". Why do I post on my tablet, again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We gotta test it.

Zinith Zinith what's your opinion on How to Train your Dragon and Pokemon? Do you think redheads are cute? Have you ever wanted to make cartoons?

How to Train your Dragon 3, Detective Pikachu, Lego Movie 2, Sonic...I've got a lot of things to watch next year.
I'll go one by one...

How to Train Your Dragon is my favorite Dreamworks movie
I think Pokemon is alright. My brother likes it more (I think)
I think redheads are cute, though I never really put too much thought into it
Yes I wanted to make cartoons in ye olden days

D

Deleted member

How to Train your Dragon 3, Detective Pikachu, Lego Movie 2, Sonic...I've got a lot of things to watch next year.[/QUOTE]

Well, not so sure about Sonic, but the rest look promising. I just hope they don’t throw thing out the window with LEGO Movie 2. The first one was great. ;)

Edit: What happened with that quote?

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Next year is especially exciting for movies for me as I have Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, It: Chapter Two, etc. :grin:

Granted this year was fun in terms of monster movies like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Meg, Rampage and The Ritual all whom I enjoyed and helped my patience for Godzilla.
I'm looking forward to a bunch of movies next year, too. However, I'm not looking forward to the part where I'm forced to only watch movies that my family wants to see, and I can only watch what I want to when it comes to Netflix.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, that’s starting to describe me actually... Noipoi Noipoi are we the same person?
I'll go one by one...

How to Train Your Dragon is my favorite Dreamworks movie
I think Pokemon is alright. My brother likes it more (I think)
I think redheads are cute, though I never really put too much thought into it
Yes I wanted to make cartoons in ye olden days
I knew I let the clone project get out of hand...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
World of Light has been too big for me to finish. It’s long, and it doesn’t really do much for me as a story mode as much as Subspace did. I understand Sakurai’s thing about it, but instead of running along a huge map, there could be more things to do in there fighting and killing enemies one by one.

I get the Spirits thing is supposed to add to the fun, but it feels kinda (for lack of a infinitely better word) eh to me. I’m almost halfway through (been playing it slowly) and I’m getting bored of it.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
For me this year.

Best Movie: The Ritual
Worst Movie: The Predator (What a freakin joke of the movie...)
Whaaaat, Predator was cool af. What didn’t you like about it?

Best movie was Infinity War hands down. When Thanos threw that moon, I stood up and screamed “YES!!!” Nothing had ever got me that excited before.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Same here, really. Aside from learning some valuable life lessons, this year has been an emotional mess for me. Every time I'd try to make something positive out of it, it managed to get worse.
That almost describes my year as well.

All we can do is make the best of what we've got, and hope things get better. I have a feeling the sun will shine again, so you gotta keep your head up until then :)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Best movie of the year was Into the Spiderverse and if you disagree, it means you have different tastes from me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have plans to move out in early 2019, so needless to say I'm mortally terrified and completely excited at the same time. The hardest part will be leaving my parent's dog behind, but maybe when I'm sharing an apartment with my sister I'll finally adopt a cat.

As for how that's Smash related, I'll finally he living in a place with a tournament scene. Maybe Smash will be what I need to motivate me to push back my social anxiety and form some semblance of a social life. And yes I do plan to shower.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whaaaat, Predator was cool af. What didn’t you like about it?

Best movie was Infinity War hands down. When Thanos threw that moon, I stood up and screamed “YES!!!” Nothing had ever got me that excited before.
Erm I don't maybe the fact it was such a complete joke. It had MCU levels of forced humor on par with Thor: Ragnarok (There's a difference between forced humor and levity and the first two Predator movies had the latter) such as a joke about an aardvark, ignores what made the Predators unique to begin with having them suddenly decide to take over earth rather then be honorable hunters with a strict code and treats autism like its the next big step in evolution. I mean for cryin out loud they have the FREAKIN Predator sticking a severed arm through a window with a thumbs up telling the driver everything is okay.

This is a sign that the Alien and Predator films needs to die at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Diablo III: Eternal Collection comes to Switch
>Game has exclusive Zelda-themed content
>Game has amiibo functionality and even it's own amiibo figure exclusive to the game (Loot Goblin)
>Game has a Switch bundle
>Blizzard has expressed great enthusiasm in Diablo himself being featured in Smash Bros.

....methinks people are sleeping on the Lord of Terror as potential DLC....

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have plans to move out in early 2019, so needless to say I'm mortally terrified and completely excited at the same time. The hardest part will be leaving my parent's dog behind, but maybe when I'm sharing an apartment with my sister I'll finally adopt a cat.

As for how that's Smash related, I'll finally he living in a place with a tournament scene. Maybe Smash will be what I need to motivate me to push back my social anxiety and form some semblance of a social life. And yes I do plan to shower.
God, I really need to do that with my scene. I was just contacted by a local Renoite about weekly tournaments at UNR, but I'm too anxious for that...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>Diablo III: Eternal Collection comes to Switch
>Game has exclusive Zelda-themed content
>Game has amiibo functionality and even it's own amiibo figure exclusive to the game (Loot Goblin)
>Game has a Switch bundle
>Blizzard has expressed great enthusiasm in Diablo himself being featured in Smash Bros.

....methinks people are sleeping on the Lord of Terror as potential DLC....
And I will stay sleep to spite you.

also i'll only take world of warcraft content from blizzard

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tournament? No no no, I can't even beat Spirit battles.

It'll be a long time before the Tournament scene will get a visit from Noipoi...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Was browsing some more Nintendo fanart earlier. I rediscovered this little gem by Bunnyhana and just wanted to share:

9515CAF2-C462-4BBB-BA83-DAFFE0E17DCB.jpeg

For those who don’t recognize this character, she’s Penny Crygor from the Warioware series.
I love her in Gold, sad that she won’t appear in this style for any of the games and wished to see her appear in some form in Smash.

This will be me at New Year's...

You thought it was a Yoshi related gif, huh? This was funnier :yoshi:
Still can’t believe that was in the game

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Was browsing some more Nintendo fanart earlier. I rediscovered this little gem by Bunnyhana and just wanted to share:

View attachment 184925
For those who don’t recognize this character, she’s Penny Crygor from the Warioware series.
I love her in Gold, sad that she won’t appear in this style for any of the games and wished to see her appear in some form in Smash.
It's because of the glasses, isn't it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's everyone planning to do this New Years?

For me my dad and I are gonna probably order pizza and have a monster movie marathon of Rampage, The Meg and Kong: Skull Island. Depending too if not busy my cousin might come over and join us.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's because of the glasses, isn't it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Partly, just everything about this design I find extremely cute. Redhead, braids, big coat, colors, eyes, spunk, precious smile, etc. and she looks amazing in that style!

For me my dad and I are gonna probably order pizza and have a monster movie marathon of Rampage, The Meg and Kong: Skull Island. Depending too if not busy my cousin might come over and join us.
Hanging out with some of my friends, going out to eat, playing Smash, we have a lot of stuff we plan to do.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

See above comment

Also probably gonna catch up on my other crazed obsession...

osby

Smash Obsessed

Stay in dorm, do nothing special and hope my parents won't call me.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm gonna stay home and do nothing, basically what i've done everyday for the past 17 years of my sheltered, awkward life.

But tonight i'm gonna be doing nothing with a hopeful outlook, because something inside tells me that 2019 is gonna be great.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Oh you know, probably the usual--vegging out and chugging diesel until I eventually die of lead poisoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom