• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What would her moveset be? I played the second game (the only one that was in English to my knowledge) and she was just a run of the mill teenaged girl with a strong sense of justice. I saw literally nothing in her character that could be feasibly made into a moveset.
Sakurai considered her for Melee, so I have faith he'd come up with something. lulz.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So what would Ayumi’s moveset be like?
Anything Sakurai wants to make it.

Make her a full anime trope. Make a piece of toast spawn in her mouth when she uses her dash. Who knows? totally a stolen evidence gimmick

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anything Sakurai wants to make it.

Make her a full anime trope. Make a piece of toast spawn in her mouth when she uses her dash. Who knows? totally a stolen evidence gimmick
Ok but what COULD it be like? I’d like to have a good idea of how they’d play if I wanna support a character as a potential fighter.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
and yet phoenix wright, the gender swap equivalent but legal, had a whole moveset in MvC and you don't question it whatsoever
I guess I just never questioned that because Ace attorney was never supposed to make sense to begin with lol

Still it would be pretty neat to have songs from Detective club remixed for smash, that game had some pretty neat tunes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok but what COULD it be like? I’d like to have a good idea of how they’d play if I wanna support a character as a potential fighter.
if you asked what i wanted i would totally make her a half slice-of-life-anime-girl trope with whatever you consider a minor to have in legal terms.

when i was a kid and i saw her melee trophy

i always imagined that briefcase could be used as either a melee weapon or could open up like the briefcase from goosebumps

papers fly out and turn into stuff, so basically its just a hitbox that floats upwards and hits people or something

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just got matched with a Pichu on Balloon Fight with the Final Smash ball activated when literally none of that was in my ruleset and got ****ed because of the stage having no blastzones

Just what I needed today :)

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Give me more bosses that aren't Master Hand so I can 9.9 classic mode. **** him and his brother, it's unfair to go two against one!

I take back what I said some days ago. This is the wrongest post on this hellsite.
I have a post where I suggested that Chrom do the Fortnite dance for his up taunt. I also suggested in that same post that Dark Samus have wonky controls sometimes to suggest severe mental trauma. Something like that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, I have seen 0 Pit guides anywhere. I'm trying to get better with my edgy boi and there's zilch because nobody even plays him except TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Samus could be any kind of European for all we know lol.
See quote of my post > write disputably witty reply
In Splatoon, this isn’t Pikmin 3, I don’t think there would’ve been *that* much continental drift. The lore mentions the Inklings and Octarians going to war over rising water levels, so it’s doubtful there would be a land bridge at that time.

(Although, now that I think about it, some American Pikmin probably exist. Actually, furthermore, any Pikmin that Olimar pulls on a stage in Smash that’s in America would be American as they’re born right there. Is Boxing Ring the only American stage in Smash, not counting New Donk City Hall / 75M which aren’t actually in America?)
With the latter no. Inklings aren't even humans but sapient species that evolved from squids that took over our niche once we went extinct due to climate change.

Samus is up for debate though. Based on her Caucasian appearance I'd say she's either American or European descent from her earth ancestors.
I mean if that’s where they’re from, I don’t think not being human would prevent them from being Americans...
Completely forgot; add :ultfalcon: to the list of Americans.
This discussion has been a good thing
Man, I have seen 0 Pit guides anywhere. I'm trying to get better with my edgy boi and there's zilch because nobody even plays him except TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
Surprisingly I’ve seen a whole lot of Pit players online through arenas (and I don’t even try to find them). Guides though...there’s a good amount of them on YouTube
a dark pit player is like a goth unicorn
An edgy Lightning Chariot

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I used to main edgy boi in early Smash 4.

He's a really basic character so I guess the main thing you want to do is just focus on fundamentals like spacing. He's pretty good at edgeguaring though, having disjoints and a multi jump and all. And if you get hit by a Bayo combo just, I dunno, wiggle around or something.

There. That's my super in-depth Pit guide. Have fun winning Evo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ok listen i asked for a guide for a character 0.1% of people play i didnt need to start a whole trend of one google search for 100 different options

osby

Smash Obsessed
ok listen i asked for a guide for a character 0.1% of people play i didnt need to start a whole trend of one google search for 100 different options
If you want people to stay on topic, you are in the wrong thread.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's that website that shows frame data for every character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom